M2006 Merge Problem

I just installed m2006 small bus.  I did my first online update an
got duplicate downloads on different accounts.  I did a merge o
accounts but realized that was not what I wanted.  Is there any wa
to undo the merge of accounts?  I may just un-install and start ove
but I don't want to backup my mistake.  Is there any way to go bac
in time

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, JeffP wrote:

>I just installed m2006 small bus.  I did my first online update and
>got duplicate downloads on different accounts.  I did a merge of
>accounts but realized that was not what I wanted.  Is there any way
>to undo the merge of accounts?  I may just un-install and start over
>but I don't want to backup my mistake.

Good thinking. In earlier versions that was a significant problem.
However normally the Money 2005 automatic backups on exit create
unique filenames, and maintain the last x number of backups.

>  Is there any way to go back
>in time?

File-Restore before exiting would let you restore without even
making an automatic backup.

In M06, here are my suggested settings:
Tools->Settings->BackupOptions
I suggest checking
 x Automatically backup my Money file every time I close Money
  Save in [a place on your hard drive ]
   x Ask me before backing up each time*
   x Compress Backup Files
   Keep only the _20_most recent backup files [adjust to taste]

 x Perform scheduled backups every _7_ days
  Save in [a USB flash drive location]
   x Ask me before backing up each time*
   x Compress Backup Files
   Keep only the _2_most recent backup files [adjust to taste]

Then periodically, perhaps once per month or more, copy your
latest backup (uniquely named by Money) to a
CDR. With XP, this can be a copy and paste operation. Otherwise
use the burning software that came with your CDR drive.

I strongly suggest use of a USB Flash rather than floppies. They
are bigger, so you don't have to swap media to back up. Plus
they are much more reliable (but not failure-proof).

*  The reason I have Money ask me, is that I don't want to back up
each time I exit. If I went into Money 5 times in a day, I would not
want to back up 5 times, nor would I want to delete 5 other backup
files.
You will be given the choice to BackUpNow or to Postpone.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Problem after upgrade from 2002 to 2008 Home & Business
Even though I select a category for a transaction, I am still getting a message saying that (in part) "Money requires a category in order to distinguish between business and personal transactions." If I've already selected a category, why am I getting this prompt? (it won't let me save transaction) Please note that I've already looked at KB article #923034. It didn't help. Thanks for any help! Dan ...

Problem passing exception from AppDomain
I have an application that calls a routine within an AppDomain. The AppDomain will raise an event outside the AppDomain called StatusUpdate. It will possibly pass back a SystemException object. In general, this works fine. However, if I call the AppDomain routine from a form (versus a console app or a windows service), then the exception will not properly pass back all pieces of a Soap Exception. Specifically, I want the Detail attribute of the Soap Exception. I can see that it has a value in the AppDomain but when this value is passed back via the event call, the detail ...

Index and some other web page problems
I have had occasional problems with index publishing on filezilla. My webhost doesn't think frontpage is secure with extensions. I have no extensions according to them but I must download from filezilla. What is baffling is that my index doesn't always update to them. My webpages do, sometimes, sometimes not. I have tried save as the filename to my f/documents/website/index and still when I update filezilla it shows the previous date still. Even after reboots the next day. What can I do to know that my frontpage is updating to my downloader? I'm really a novic...

Problems with Tab
Hi Everyone, Access 2003. I have a Main form with 2 subforms in the detail sections of my Main form. I have 7 controls to enter data in, patient info. All of these work fine and in order the first control is tab stop 0. I have subform 1 Pt Location as tab stop 7, the 5 controls in there are in order starting with 0 and once in that form those work fine. My problem is, when I add a new record to my main form and fill in some of the 7 controls then hit the tab key or click in the first control on my location subform I get switched to an existing record with the focus on tab stop 0 ...

Problems using a custom control
my program immediately quits with no errors at all whenever I try adding a custom control to my dialog. I am starting out with a blank dialog MFC app and then using the "Using the Resource Editor" instructions located here: http://69.10.233.10/KB/miscctrl/High-speedCharting.aspx?fid=304082&fr=76#xx0xx If I remove the custom controll off of the dialog, the blank app works, however if I put the custom control on the dialog quits without even showing the window. I am using VS2008 thanks, Nick seems like I mistyped the class name, I used CChartCtrl instead of ChartCntr...

Mail Merge problem #4
I'm using Publisher to print certificates, pulling data from MSAccess database. The date field I'm using is formatted as LongDate in Access (6 August 2006)but shows as ShortDate (06/08/2006) in Publisher. Is there any way to show this as LongDate in Publisher? Ideally, I'd like it to be formatted with Ordinal numbers, i.e. 6th August 2006. TIA Iain Format the field as text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "swarfmaker" <iain...

OnPaint() problem
i am working in win32 application project , no OnDraw() function since (no doc-view). no other go , to display in client area , i have to go only for OnPaint(). i created my window using Code: Create (NULL, _T ("Animation"), WS_ICONIC|WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW|WS_MAXIMIZEBOX|WS_MINIMIZEBOX|WS_THICKFRAME|WS_TILEDWINDOW, rectDefault, NULL, MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDR_MENU1)); where IDR_MENU1 is my menu. i have added toolbar using Code: m_wndToolbar.Create(this , WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBRS_TOP|CBRS_TOOLTIPS); tool bar is created in OnCreate() the problem is when i execute it. fi...

XML Merge
Geeze, You think this would be easy, but it's killing me. I have 2 XElement objects. Both consist of the same schema, and all I want to do is merge the 2 w/o having any duplicates. Is there an easy way to do this? I've tried Linq, and the old XML API, but have been unsuccessful with both. If somebody has an example in Linq, that would be awesome. Thanks. Tom wrote: > You think this would be easy, but it's killing me. I have 2 XElement > objects. Both consist of the same schema, and all I want to do is merge > the 2 w/o having any duplicates. Is there an ...

IF, THEN problem
Hi I am having trouble with this....... I need to express the following: If G11 is <611, then result in (cell H4) is always 10 - that bit I can express OK, BUT (if G11 is >610 and G12 is <466, then result (cell H4) is 10, but if G12>465, then result (cell H4) is 12). Can't get my head around the last part. If anyone can help would be greatly appreciated. Thks AM Hi I'm not sure you have messed up the conditions a little bit (e.g. <466 and >465 -> the value 465.5 is TRUE for both conditions) but try the following for H4: =IF(G11<611,10,IF(G12<466,10,12...

How to merge investment accounts?
I have been using Money04. I downloaded the trial version of Money06. The file conversion worked just fine, but when I downloaded my Investment accounts (Fidelity Inv.), duplicate accounts were created. I cannot seem to figure out how to handle the extra accounts. I don't think they should be deleted but each time I attempt to update the accounts on line, more accounts are created. I have attempted to merge them but have not been successful, since it seems that I have a stock investment that no longer exist, showing up from my original account. It is Glaxo Wellcome which was sold in ...

merge from an attached word doc
hello, i recieve an attached word doc (using outlook) which is a template with different data filled in its data fields very frequently. i would like to transfer the chosen fields to an excel worksheet (accumulating records) a macro would be the best option, if complicated i'd appriciate any other solution. thanks in advance ...

Problem opening Publisher attachments
We have a strange problem with a user running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 and Publisher 2003... He can open Publisher 2003 & 2002 email attachments from within Outlook. He can't open Publisher 2000 & 98 email attachments - Publisher produces an error report to send to MS. He has to save them to the hard drive, then open them by double-clicking or by opening in Publisher. Can anyone please help? -- Regards, John jkane@camozzi.co.uk Correct operation. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

Splitter Window + TreeView + ListView + Dialog problem from Newbie
Hello ... :) I'm a MFC newbie. (Sorry that I'm not English native speaker.) I'm programming in Visual .NET MFC. I'm using SDI with Splitter window and I implemented as the following. IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE(CLeftFrame, CTreeView) IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE(CRightFrame, CListView) What I want it to be is ...... 1. When the program run, the left frame will show one icon. 2. After click the icon on the left frame, the popup menu will be shown. 3. After right click in the popup menu, the dialog will be shown for setting something. 4. After finish setting, the new icon on the right frame ...

Problem with SessionClass setting to Nothing
Hi, I have a TenderEnd hook registered for my RMS. I am getting a reference of SessionClass object through the Process function. But later in my code, the SessionClass object is automatically getting set to Nothing. So one of my call is failing and the Err.Description is "Invalid Procedure call or argument". Is there any chance that a SessionClass reference can get set to "Nothing". Is there any Timeout for SessionClass. Public Function Process(objSession As Object) On Error GoTo ERR_HANDLER: // All my code goes here // The following call fails because objSession is g...

Outlook XP Attachment Problem
Hi One of my users is just unable to receive attachments over 20 megs or so in size for some unknown reason. Outlook sits for 6-7 minutes downloading the message+attachment, then just shows the message as having no attachment in his inbox. Things I've verified: PST is well under limit, @ 800 megs or so User receives attachments under 20 megs just fine (Tried 7/10/18 meg attachments) The attachments ARE on the email server, I downloaded them to my laptop no problem. Have run most recent office updates. Have tried reinstalling office entirely Have run detect/repair Attachments are not blo...

TDAmeritrade downloads (M2006)
I have an account with TDAmeritrade in which the cash balance is swept into a money market fund. I have created a fictitious fund in M06 as a money market fund. However, when I download the account transactions, the money market info will not download as money market fund transactions, even if the symbols are made to be the same. M06 forces me to put the transactions into a stock fund. I don't have the same problem with Vanguard accounts, so I suspect there is a short between the head phones at TDAmeritrade. But just in case someone else has the same experience, I thought I'd p...

Email Merge
I have created an email in publisher and want to send to all my contacts and merge there names in and send. Does anyone know how to do a email merge with Publisher? You don't thankfully!!! -- ...

All Caps on addresses in mail merge?
I have created a mail merge for post cards using a Publisher document. The address info is from an Access file. Is there anyway to convert the address in the merged file to all Caps or do I need to have it like that in the Access file first? High-light the <<Address Line field>> Format, Font, All Caps -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <dsnsacree@msn.com> wrote in message news:uPVcGLXUJHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have created a mail merge for post cards using a Publisher document. The >address info is from an Access file. Is t...

Problem inserting rows
I am working in Excel 2007 on a spreadsheet created in 2003 - when I try to insert a row (on any sheet) I get the message "cannot shift objects off sheet" and the OK button. Not sure what this means or how to correct it but I cannot insert any rows. Would appreciate your help. Pete wrote: > I am working in Excel 2007 on a spreadsheet created in 2003 - when I try to > insert a row (on any sheet) I get the message "cannot shift objects off > sheet" and the OK button. Not sure what this means or how to correct it but > I cannot insert any rows. Are al...

Problem with Publisher to pdf after printing a booklet
I create many documents that are used in two ways, one is a print version and of course the second is electronic version. My print versions are typically 40+pages, and I print them in booklet format on 11X17 paper, double sided. My problem comes into play when I try and pdf my document, first I format to single page view and change the paper size so when viewed or printed I get a single sided 8.5X11 document, then when I choose save as pdf the pdf document still comes out as a booklet. I have tried what I think is everything from choosing print as a pdf, closing the document and trying ...

Merging a vertical column
When I selected the vertical cells in a column, and go to format cells then merge, I get this message: The selection contains multiple data values. Merging into one cell will keep the upper- left most data only. How can I get this to work? what do you want it to do? do you want to merge, concatinate or both? if concatinate or both, what format do you want the results to have? "PAM" wrote: > When I selected the vertical cells in a column, and go to format cells then > merge, I get this message: The selection contains multiple data values. > Merging into one cell w...

Outlook and Powerpoint Problems
I have a couple of users that are having inconsistant problems with Outlook 2000 sp1 and Powerpoint 2000 sp1 (Win XP Pro). When problem occurs, In Outlook, The user hits the Del key and nothing happens. If you use the X funtion to delete a message, it works. Also, While this is going on, If the user goes into Powerpoint and tries to edit any text on a slide, they get Boxes if you hit the Del Key, They get % signs if they hit the Backspace Key, () if you use the arrow keys. and other symbols. Try running Detect and Repair from the Help menu of either Outlook or PowerPoint. You'll ...

RM Historical aged TB problem
i have a hatb that some of the customers in the report the amount isnt not showing correctly in all the buckets so whats in the individual buckets does not tally with the total for each customer. why is this? BRENDA: There was an in depth discussion on HATB about 2 months ago under the title: Problems with Historical Aged Trial Balance Report Copy and paste that title in the 'Search For' field. Regards, -- Sandy GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Brenda" wrote: > i have a hatb t...

Problem with POP3 name...
I have one PC that every time that I restart it the POP3 names of all the accounts change to localhost. This machine was upgraded from office 97 and was the Microsoft Mail Server before. Since upgrading I have removed the Microsoft Mail account and I am only using 3 different POP3 mail accounts. But every time I restart the system the POP3 mail server name is replaced with localhost and then the user name for each account is call the user name / pop3.host.com (the actual address that should be in the POP3 field). I would appreciate any help that you can give me. Note: I have tried de...

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...