M2005 Cannot Apply Epayment To Invoice

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10

I create invoices for payments from customers. I have those =
automatically charged to their bank accounts and credited to my bank =
account. When the payments hit my bank account and are downloaded into =
Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment For Invoice" and =
then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice screen but a nice =
little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says "Payment For Invoice is =
not a valid selection for this type of transaction". What in the =
world??? This software must take into account those of us who are doing =
business completely electronically. Has anyone else experienced this or =
has a suggestion? This worked great in 2003.
------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I create invoices for&nbsp;payments =
from customers.=20
I have those automatically charged to their bank accounts and credited =
to my=20
bank account. When the payments hit my bank account and are downloaded =
into=20
Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment For Invoice" and =
then try to=20
go to the apply payment to an invoice screen but a nice little pop up =
comes up=20
in Money 2005 that says "Payment For Invoice is not a valid selection =
for this=20
type of transaction". What in the world??? This software must take into =
account=20
those of us who are doing business completely electronically. Has anyone =
else=20
experienced this or has a suggestion? This worked great in=20
2003.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10--

1
derekb1 (30)
10/9/2004 1:15:08 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C4AD83.8C5D1CD0

You cannot match invoice payments to downloaded transactions in Money

SYMPTOMS
You cannot match download transactions to invoice payments in any one of =
the products that is listed in the "Applies To" section of this article. =

CAUSE
This issue occurs because Microsoft Money does not support matching =
downloaded transactions to invoice payments.=20

WORKAROUND
To work around this issue, create a new cash account in your Microsoft =
Money file to receive invoice payments. Transfer the funds to the =
appropriate account, and then match the downloaded transactions to the =
fund transfer.=20

MORE INFORMATION
To match transactions as described in the "Workaround" section, you must =
configure Money to manually accept downloaded transactions. To do this, =
follow these steps:=20

Start Money.
Click Tools, and then click Options.
Click Online Services.

In the Match transactions within a () day range box, type 30.
Click to clear the Automatically accept all downloaded transactions from =
banking statements check box.

Click OK.

Last Reviewed: 2/11/2004 (1.0) =20

  "Derek" <derekb@nospamderekb.com> wrote in message =
[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You cannot match invoice payments to =
downloaded=20
transactions in Money<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>SYMPTOMS<BR>You cannot match download =
transactions=20
to invoice payments in any one of the products that is listed in the =
"Applies=20
To" section of this article. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>CAUSE<BR>This issue occurs because =
Microsoft Money=20
does not support matching downloaded transactions to invoice payments.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>WORKAROUND<BR>To work around this =
issue, create a=20
new cash account in your Microsoft Money file to receive invoice =
payments.=20
Transfer the funds to the appropriate account, and then match the =
downloaded=20
transactions to the fund transfer. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>MORE INFORMATION<BR>To match =
transactions as=20
described in the "Workaround" section, you must configure Money to =
manually=20
accept downloaded transactions. To do this, follow these steps: =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Start Money.<BR>Click Tools, and then =
click=20
Options.<BR>Click Online Services.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In the Match transactions within a () =
day range=20
box, type 30.<BR>Click to clear the Automatically accept all downloaded=20
transactions from banking statements check box.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Click OK.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Last Reviewed: 2/11/2004 (1.0)&nbsp; =
<BR>Keywords:=20
kbprb KB832772 <BR></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Derek" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:derekb@nospamderekb.com">derekb@nospamderekb.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:eN%23ut1ZrEHA.2636@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl">news:eN%23ut1ZrEHA.=
2636@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I create invoices for&nbsp;payments =
from=20
  customers. I have those automatically charged to their bank accounts =
and=20
  credited to my bank account. When the payments hit my bank account and =
are=20
  downloaded into Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment =
For=20
  Invoice" and then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice screen =
but a=20
  nice little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says "Payment For =
Invoice is=20
  not a valid selection for this type of transaction". What in the =
world??? This=20
  software must take into account those of us who are doing business =
completely=20
  electronically. Has anyone else experienced this or has a suggestion? =
This=20
  worked great in 2003.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C4AD83.8C5D1CD0--

-1
Justin

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD86.F5332850

Thanks for the info. I hope they get a fix soon. This is just too much =
"running around" within Money for a simple thing that worked in 2003. =
This is just very odd behavior in a world where electronic financing is =
becoming more common. Why would they have it setup this way? I cannot =
think of any accounting reason. In fact, I think what I am doing is a =
good self-auditing practice. I could just accept the downloaded =
transactions from my business checking account and select the =
appropriate category, but I at the end of the year I like to match up =
all my invoices with all the payments and then the total revenue. All  =
numbers should match up if I did everything properly - that is why I =
create invoices for all these downloaded transactions. Plus I have all =
documentation if I ever get audited. I simply do not want to have create =
an extra cash account and mess with transfers. Developers reading this - =
Please fix it. I truly do want to like 2005.

"Justin Thyme" <jit at aol dot com> wrote in message =
  You cannot match invoice payments to downloaded transactions in Money

  SYMPTOMS
  You cannot match download transactions to invoice payments in any one =
of the products that is listed in the "Applies To" section of this =
article.=20

[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for the info. I hope they get a =
fix soon.=20
This is just too much "running around" within Money for a simple thing =
that=20
worked in 2003. This is just very odd behavior in a world where =
electronic=20
financing is becoming more common. Why would they have it setup this =
way? I=20
cannot think of any accounting reason. In fact, I think what I am doing =
is a=20
good self-auditing practice. I could just accept the downloaded =
transactions=20
from my business checking account and select the appropriate category, =
but I at=20
the end of the year I like to match up all my invoices with all the =
payments and=20
then the&nbsp;total revenue. All&nbsp; numbers should match up if I did=20
everything properly - that is why I create invoices for all these =
downloaded=20
transactions. Plus I have all documentation if I ever get audited. I =
simply do=20
not want to have create an extra cash account and mess with transfers.=20
Developers reading this - Please fix it. I truly do want to like=20
2005.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>"Justin Thyme" &lt;jit at aol dot com&gt; wrote in message <A=20
href=3D"news:OkyTBzarEHA.896@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:OkyTBzarEHA.896@T=
K2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You cannot match invoice payments to =
downloaded=20
  transactions in Money<BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>SYMPTOMS<BR>You cannot match download =

  transactions to invoice payments in any one of the products that is =
listed in=20
  the "Applies To" section of this article. </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>CAUSE<BR>This issue occurs because =
Microsoft=20
[...]
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Last Reviewed: 2/11/2004 (1.0)&nbsp;=20
  <BR>Keywords: kbprb KB832772 <BR></FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    <DIV>"Derek" &lt;<A=20
    =
href=3D"mailto:derekb@nospamderekb.com">derekb@nospamderekb.com</A>&gt; =
wrote=20
    in message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:eN%23ut1ZrEHA.2636@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl">news:eN%23ut1ZrEHA.=
2636@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I create invoices for&nbsp;payments =
from=20
    customers. I have those automatically charged to their bank accounts =
and=20
    credited to my bank account. When the payments hit my bank account =
and are=20
    downloaded into Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment =
For=20
    Invoice" and then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice =
screen but a=20
    nice little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says "Payment For =
Invoice is=20
    not a valid selection for this type of transaction". What in the =
world???=20
    This software must take into account those of us who are doing =
business=20
    completely electronically. Has anyone else experienced this or has a =

    suggestion? This worked great in=20
2003.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD86.F5332850--

1
derekb1 (30)

M2005
I suspect that with all the Money open/log in problems people are having today, many will be more interested in the latest Quicken program rather than Money. ...

M2005 Deluxe Portfolio Mgr Ordering
I'm using M2005 Deluxe. I recently renamed some investment accounts and the accounts remain displayed in the same order in Portfolio Manager (Standard View and Group by Account Name) so they are no longer in alphabetical order. Is there any way I can get Portfolio Manager to display alphabetically by Account Name with the renamed accounts? In microsoft.public.money, mrojava wrote: >I'm using M2005 Deluxe. I recently renamed some investment accounts and the >accounts remain displayed in the same order in Portfolio Manager (Standard >View and Group by Account Name) so...

SOP Apply Cash Receipt Over Payment
Is there an option to over-apply cash and leave the credit associated with a specific invoice? The way the system is set up now, it forces the over-paid amount into a general credit on the account. For reconciliation purposes it would be advantageous to keep track of where the credit came from. For example, we invoice our client $1,000 on invoice 12345 - they pay invoice 12345 $1,200, Currently the $200 just goes on account - it would be better to actually see a negative balance of $200 on invoice 12345, if that is possible. Any ideas? We are using GP 10. Thanks, Jason No, you cannot ...

Apply this important pack from the Microsoft
--bozygyxdgqf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fuampqlv"; type="multipart/alternative" --fuampqlv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hzxneixoypmjgpcpo" --hzxneixoypmjgpcpo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help pr...

Excel 2000 Invoice Template Macro Password?
Can someone tell me the password to view the macro code in the Invoice template that comes with Excel 2000? I need to customize the code, & it asks for a password to do that. Thanks!! Bill "chzdood"(no quotes) will probably work. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:56:40 -0500, "Bill" <Bill541@yahoo.com> wrote: >Can someone tell me the password to view the macro code in the Invoice template that >comes with Excel 2000? > >I need to customize the code, & it asks for a password to do that. > >Thanks!! > > > ...

M2000 to M2005
I've been using M2000 (Canadian edition) for the last 6 years and have been happy with the features. Base currency set to USD. I have now purchased (in the UK) a new laptop (Win XP SP2) which came bundled with Money 2005. When attempting to convert the M2000 file xx.mny, M2005 states that conversion is not possible because of a version incompatibility. I guess this is a problem with Canada vs. UK (or Europe? - the currency in M2005 appears as euro: perhaps because my regional settings currency is euro. Any suggestions on how to force a conversion (including all settings - repor...

Need to customize invoice
I have a customer who is looking for a very specific invoice layout to include Price Ex VAT and then a total price column based on what the item quantity was. At the base of the invoice would be the subtotal, then discount amount, then total less discount, then total inclusive of VAT. Any ideas how I can get hold of such of thing? My XML is useless so wouldn't be comfortable rejigging the template. Thanks. Hi Tara, I tried customizing the invoice in the RMS but it doesnot give you a whole lot of options like "Grouped" items or alphabetically ordered items. So currently I ...

recipent policies to apply to an OU
Hi could someone pls help me? I have an OU called TEST and i would like to apply a recipent policy to this OU to change the default SMTP address. Could someone pls point me in the right direction? Now i've tired to create a custom policy and edit the filter rules to search for an OU called test - then obvisouly add in the required email address. Could someone pls help? many thanks. Will You can't use an OU as the filter for a recipient policy. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296112 You'll need to find something else to use for your filter. -- Be...

Landed Costs ability to apply different rates per line item
Currently on the Landed Cost screen, you can enter a landed cost amount and it will be applied to all items being received on that receiving transactions. However there are times that one needs to apply a different rate for each line item and at this time it appears the only means to do this is to receive each line item seperately so a different landed cost can be applied. Therefore, this is not time productive for our users. We should be able to apply a different rate per each line item and receive all line items at the same time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Micr...

M2005: No download at startup (BTW, I Like M2005)
Just upgraded to M2005 deluxe. I've got years of Money data and M2004 and prior versions have been brutally slow. Unbelievably and contrary to what has been reported so far, M2005 is way faster than any prior version. Still too slow but much better. M2005 also fixed a hidden transaction problem created by M2004. Nice. Only problem I'm having is that it doesn't download my Schwab and AMEX statements once daily at startup. Those banks are set to update every day. I deselected the option to have to do the download at startup. This is exactly how it was setup in M2004. I only want one...

SOP Invoices Not Posted to GL
All of a sudden in the last week I have had 2 different batches of SOP Invoices that when posted the corresponding GL entries were not posted. In that week we have posted about 800 invoices correctly across several batches. I spoke to the user who posted a batch yesterday that had a problem and they said they received no errors when posting. I can look in the invoice and I can see the accounts that were supposed to be hit with the amount. Any ideas what could cause this? Also is there a system log that keeps tracks of any errors? Kind of like the Windows Event Manager. We are using GP 1...

Upgrade M2003 to M2005
If you have successfully upgraded from Money 2003 Deluxe to Money 2005 Deluxe, I'd like to hear from you. Please reply to this msg or email me at taba469@yahoo.com Regards, Mike I successfully updated my Money 2003 file. Mike Pate wrote: > If you have successfully upgraded from Money 2003 Deluxe to Money 2005 > Deluxe, I'd like to hear from you. Please reply to this msg or email > me at taba469@yahoo.com > > Regards, > Mike Yeah I "successfully upgraded it, and I regret it. I was perfectly happy with my Money 2003 but decided to take a look at the tria...

Invoice showing sales tax only
We sell prepaid gift cards (points value only) to customers who give them out to be redeemed by employees. At the time the gift cards are sold no sales tax is collected only the value of the points. When the gift cards are redeemed we then know the ship to address so that we can collect the correct sales tax. We want to have the invoice only show the amount of sales due and not the item sell price on it as the customer has already paid for the item and now only owes the sales tax. Does anyone know of a way to only show the sales tax due on the invoice? -- Rodger Enter the amount redee...

May I get M2005 international version in USA
It's not a technical question, but I appreciate anyone can help me!! I am living in taiwan where I can't purchase M2005 international version~ May I get M2005 international version in USA? ...

How to apply an over-credit to a sale?
Ok, we had an online customer overpay his order using a money order. So, when I tendered the money order, he had about $45 coming back to him. Well, he just wanted that applied to his account. So, I selected (Payment) and applied the $45 to his account. It warned me that it was an overpayment and I clicked OK. Now, on his next sale, how do I apply that $45 credit? Just apply 45 to his house account. When you tender the sale it will deduct 45 form his account and then it will be zero "nutribodies" <nutribodies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD033E...

Manually creating Invoices with C#?
Is there any sample code anywhere that shows how to build an invoice and add products to the invoice with C#? I can't seem to find a good 'starting point' with the SDK and I'm hoping it's not 100% XML field manipulation (i.e. updates) Thanks! Look in the SDK for the CRMInvoice.Create method (with example) and then use the CRMInvoiceDetail.Create method to add the detail lines. It is not 100% XML, but XML is important. Stephen "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64E76034-92FA-4B07-8C1E-05CF4A57554E@microsoft.com... > ...

re-apply SP2?
how safe is it to re-apply exchange 2003 service pack 2? I ran the exchange best practices tool, and it says I am still using an old version of the actiove directory connector funny thing is that the server is already on sp2 (exchange 2003) Is it normally safe to re-apply sp2? On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:20:24 -0600, "Oscar" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >how safe is it to re-apply exchange 2003 service pack 2? > >I ran the exchange best practices tool, and it says I am still using an old >version of the actiove directory connector > >funny thing is that the...

Cross apply from function not working
I have the following function: *************************************** USE [Northwind] GO SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO create FUNCTION [dbo].[fnTops] (@Top int, @CategoryID int) RETURNS TABLE AS RETURN SELECT TOP(@Top) ProductName, UnitPrice FROM dbo.Products WHERE CategoryID=@CategoryID ORDER BY UnitPrice DESC; ***************************************** If I do: select * from [dbo].[fnTops](3,5) It returns 3 rows fine. If I do: SELECT CategoryID, CategoryName, ProductName, UnitPrice FROM dbo.Categories C CROSS AP...

Pocket PC syncing Invoices
Has anyone noticed with Money Deluxe & Business that invoices applied to the total account balance do not come over to the PPC? They are applied to the check register in Money but the total in the PPC is off by the total of my deposits? thanks for the help steve ...

Unapplied Payments _ showing as Applied
We are using Dynamics Gp 9.0. Our Invoicing dept was applying a payment on a customers' invoices when halfway, Dynamics GP crashed and the system rebooted. Problem: 1. the payment shows on Transaction by Customer. When you click the Apply to see the documents it was "applied" to, it shows blank (no documents/invoices) listed, or returns "documents does not exist". 2. We have tried Transactions - Sales - Cash Reciepts, but those invoices (3 of them) that were being "applied" are not listed. In other words, they are "supposedly" paid. What we...

M2005 and Categories
I upgraded to Money 2005 Deluxe and thought all for the most part was going OK. I just discovered that Money2005 reallocated some of my categories. Where I had Dining Out and Groceries as Sub-Categories under Food they are now each major Categories, other Categories were also changed. I am now suspicious of other changes that were made in other areas. I may just reload Money 2004 and check my account balances against Money 2005. At this point it is not too late for me to revert to M2004. ron >Subject: M2005 and Categories >From: ron roncour@hotmail.com >Date: 9/20/2004 7:52 PM Ea...

how do you change invoice numbers automaticly
hi i have a small buisness and i work off excel and would like to know how you can make the invoice numbers change automacticly after doing each one One way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html In article <692DF62E-4C53-401F-927C-315B377FE77D@microsoft.com>, "wendy" <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi i have a small buisness and i work off excel and would like to know how > you can make the invoice numbers change automacticly after doing each one ...

flags, applying
I have copied/pasted several flags and then edited the buttons. When applying the button, however, it reverts to the original flag color I copied the button from in the first place. What is the point of being able to edit a flag button to suit your needs if it does not apply but instead applies with the original color. What am I missing? That is because all you do is modifying the icon of the button and not the flag itself. You cannot modify or add/remove the actual flag colors. Outlook 2007 does support black color categories though. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coautho...

Entering a deposit on an invoice
When my clients pay a deposit, I enter it as a payment - my account register displays the correct information but when I print the invoice, it still shows the full amount due. I've tried to enter the payment as a negative number but Money won't allow it. Any suggestions? You may be confusing an invoice with a customer statement. The statement will show both invoices and payments (deposits). Invoices are not meant to be altered from the original date of issue. "Carelle" wrote: > When my clients pay a deposit, I enter it as a payment - my account register > dis...

Invoice settings Money + 07
When first using the Invoice designer, I selected basic type of invoice but now I cannot find how to go to advanced invoices since there are options not available in basic. 1 -How tto change the type of invoices in MS Money Plus 07 from basic to Advanced? 2 - Does M+07 support producing invoices in a currency which is not the base currency? How to set the currency of an invoice? 3 - How to add a field in an invoice created with Invoice designer? I want to add some standard payment information text on the invoice. -- Regards CyberJeff ...