M2004 - Pay To field

Hi All
The length of the Pay To field in the check register seems to be about 32
characters maximum. Is there any way to lengthen it?

Thanks
Jonathan

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Jonathan wrote:

>The length of the Pay To field in the check register seems to be about 32
>characters maximum. Is there any way to lengthen it?

No. See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;171421

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Task
I would like to export all of my tasks along with the date created. Date created is not in the list of available fields when I go to export. Is there another way or something simple I am missing? Thanks ...

Numeric field overflow 07-30-07
I am having problems with some append queries that I have adding data to a table. The append queries when run on their own will work just fine. However, I have a macro that runs about 10 of the append queries together and whenever I run the macro I get the "Numeric field overlfow" message on the first query in the macro. I have tried rounding some of the fields before adding them to the table but that doesn't seem to work. I have also created test macros containing just one append query and that doesn't work either. I don't understand why these append queries would work i...

editing/changing the "From" (sender) field
my computer, loaded with Win 98, had previous owner(s). anyway, when i try to use Outlook Express in the "From" field it gives me a pull-down list ONLY consisting of "(mail)" or mail.earthlink.net---i dont even have earthlink, mail is not a valid sender, and i cant edit/change, so i can't actually use my name and send. thus, outlook express is USELESS in its current configuration. HOW DO I CHANGE/EDIT the FROM field so it's me??????? AND shoudl i uninstall/reinstall Outlook Express to fix this ? how? can i do that for free? MANY THANKS. please please ple...

M2004 / any Fidelity issues ?
For the past few months I'm receiving occasional errors when I try to "update"/download transactions" from Fidelity. ( Update prices is fine and my other accounts - banks/brokers/credit cards etc work fine so not a licensing issue). I have 3 separate accounts there with same logon info that update at once and sometimes I get error stating " Problem updating 'IRA Account'... please contact Fidelity ... "More Info: General Error". Money uses same logon info for all accounts there, so can't be a password/login info problem at my end. Try it a...

How do I avoid fields being automatically filled in by default?
How do I avoid fields being automatically filled in by default? For example, the formula for C1 is: =SUM(A1-B1) If nothing is yet entered in A1 or B1, then C1 is given the value "0" I would like it to remain blank as a default. Thanks again for your help Jason Jason, Go to: Tools > Options, specifically the "View" tab Make sure the "Zero values" checkbox is deselected. That should take care of it. Steph "jason" wrote: > How do I avoid fields being automatically filled in by default? For example, > the formula for C1 is: > ...

Synching list with fields
Hi I have a form which is bound to a query with some bound controls. On the same form I also have a list bound to the same query. How can I sync the controls on the form with the list such that when a list item is selected by user the controls on the form move to the same record? Thanks Regards Hi John, Access makes it easy for you to do this with the combo box wizard. Just open your form in design view. Usel the toolbox to put a combo box on your form. The combo box wizard opens and gives you options. Select the one that begins with "Find a record on my form . . ."...

What's my current field?
How do you determine your current field? I'm writing some code that will, at some point, disable the current control. I'd like to check the current control and, if it is the one I'm disabling, change focus to a different control. So it would look something like this: If <current_control> = Command68 then docmd.gotocontrol Command69 Command68.Enable = False end if How do I do that? grep grep wrote: >How do you determine your current field? > >I'm writing some code that will, at some point, disable the current >control. I'd like to check the curr...

M2004 Investments
I purchased stock for an investment account, then recorded dividends (either cash or reinvested) over a period of time, then sold the entire amount of that stock. Sometime later the same stock is again purchased. Money shows the dividend income for the previously sold shares as part of the Gain in the Your Portfolio screen (Standard View). Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? ...

Label designer fields?
Hello all, Is any one aware of a way to put one of the dimensions of a matrix item on a label? I found a table called dbo_ItemClassComponent, which contains a section called "Detail1" that has all the values I need. I've tried using the fields for Details that were in the designer with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

error adding new Schema Field 04-21-04
Hi, When I attempt to add a new schema field to the "Lead" object in the Deployment Manager, I get the following error: "An error occured during the addtion of the new field. The addition failed." In the event log, I there are two relevant entries: "dmLog: Failed to add new Picklist attribute (CFPsolution) to Lead entity" and "dmLog: sp_repladdcolumn failed. - Timeout expired" I've previously successfully added a pickup list called "Sector" with 9 values. Therefore I don't think I've exceeded the 8000 char row limit. Apart from...

I decided to stay with M2004
Hello, I decided after trying M2005 and Q2005 to use Money 2004 as my primary finance software. I might upgrade to M2005 if microsoft offered a reduced price. I can't see paying for buggy software. I also purchased AceMoney because of the lifetime upgrades. It is a little weak in some areas, but I will wait to see how it evolves. Regards, Frank Frank, since you have the money 2004 maybe you can tell me how to use the print option for accounts already in place. I am trying to help someone over the phone and I have never used the money program. they can get one store's bil...

Query to check a field and select fields from a table
I have 2 tables (tServers and tTimezone) with the following structure: tServers: servername city tTimezone: city time1 time2 My query need to check if [tServers].servername is like "*DOWD*" and return a field "time" populating with [tTimezone].time2. I joined both tables using city. "Rodrigo Borges" <rsborges@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D955F76E-0CCD-4B16-8E01-B7768189A119@microsoft.com... >I have 2 tables (tServers and tTimezone) with the following structure: > > tServers: > servername > city > > tTimezone: > city >...

Access Form Field filepath to external picture code
We have an Access Form that in one cell has a picture code: PwrNumb (field name): 123456789 (name of picture) on another part of the form we need to display the file path to the picture. In order to avoid typing mistakes, is there a macro, query, or other command that we can create to automatically type in the file path, when we type in the name of the picture into the textbox of the fieldname (PwrNumb) of 123456789 which is a changing number? PWRNumb 123456789 FilePathName c:\Users\Elleyne\MyDocuments\Pictures\123456789. jpg We hav...

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

Equation Numbers, inserting field
I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference (the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be equation B, etc. When I get to equation 27 it needs to be AA, then 28 will be AB...) next to. However, I will be adding other equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation reference in text paragraphs. I would like to have both the equation reference and the text paragraphs to update if I add an equation to the middle of the document. I know I should use a field code and cross reference it in the tex...

M2004 update error
Lately I have been getting errors in downloading M2004 update. Today I see "An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If the problem persists, re-install Money from your original disks" Needless to say, I don't want to re-install unneccessasarily. A few days back, there was the "unable to process SMRTINET.INI" error. I wish MS would post patches to M2004 for separate download like the rest of their products .... -- Aloke ---- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com I have been getting the "Money encountered an error pr...

merge fields
Is is possible to have merge fields, like you do in Microsoft Word, in excell. For example <<name>> No. Excel can be the source of the secondary merge file, but the primary file is a Word option. You can, of course, pick up data from other Worksheets, Workbooks, or files. Gwyneth Wrote: > Is is possible to have merge fields, like you do in Microsoft Word, in > excell. For example <<name>> -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=geti...

Business Alert Blank Field
Is there a way to create a business alert (MD GP |Tools | Setup | System | Business Alerts) to notify a user if a Purchase Order is blank? For example the select statement in SQL would be: Select * from POP10100 where SHIPMTHD = ‘’ In the Define Alert Formula window, enter single quote-single quote ('') to represent and empty string. In the case of your example, the Business Alert Formula window will display POP10100_T1.SHIPMTHD = '' Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "tklinnert&q...

Count Fields on a Form or SubForm
I am attempting to track contacts in a database. I have multiple fields for the same type of contact. For example, I have C1Type, C2Type, C3Type, etc, up to say 80 fields. The "Type" fields have a drop down where you can pick the type of contact, such as "Family", "Individual", or "Group". I need to have a field on my form that counts the "Type" fields (C1Type all the way through C80Type). I'll have a separate field that counts how many times "Family" is selected, how many times "Individual" is selected, and so fo...

reading pane additional fields
Hello, i am running outlook 2003. is there a way in the inbox when you have the reading pane at the bottom, to change the fields shown at the top of the email. right now in the reading pane i only see: from, to, and subject. but i would also like to see recieved or sent, etc... when i open the email in full screen, i see additional fields. but i would like to see them in the reading pane. thanks ...

two null fields
I have a query that has two fields, [sales] and [value]. I want to exclude records if both these fields are null. what is the best way? I did create a field filter: IIf(IsNull([Extended LCost]) And IsNull([Extended Sales]),0,1) that yields what I want, but if I put criteria in for the field access gives me a rude message that I've screwed something up. Any help is appreciated very much, Chad >>but if I put criteria in for the field access gives me a rude message that I've screwed something up. What criteria did you use and what was the 'rude' m...

Determine Length Of Mail Merge Field
Hi, I have a mail merge document that gets its information from an excel file. Is there a function in word that will give me the length of the one of the fields, i.e. mm_name? If not, is there a way to treat a phone number (555) 555-1212 as one word so the (555) is not on one line and 555-1212 on another. The user won't delete the space between after the ) or will the user start the phone number on a separate line. I am currently adding spaces before the phone number and if the mm_name is under 12 characters the letter looks okay, however if it is over 12 characters you...

Numeric Field Overflow 04-23-10
I am trying to run a make-table query which has limited data from an excel file. It errors out and gives me "Numeric Field Overflow". However, when I compact and repair the database, and re-run the same query, its fine and actually makes the table. Is there a way to avoid/correct this? You may have a corrupt database. Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database corruption. Http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm Allen Brown also has excellent info on corruption. Http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html I have a white paper in a Word document named Fix Corrup...

M2004 AND INVESMENT GRAPHICS
How I can see the graphs of my accounts in color, and the graphs of an stock or fund in MSN Money correctly? I´m using M2004 USA There's a Tools|Options setting for how to display graphs. I can't give you a precise M04 path at the moment but if you get in there and wander around the tabs you should be able to find it. (In M05/6, I wouldn't say that.) "r2d2" <r2d2_74@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:1FBF8774-9A02-492A-AF6B-0C44CE27DE50@microsoft.com... > How I can see the graphs of my accounts in color, and the graphs of an stock > or fund ...

Color-coding emails that have me in the CC field
Re: Outlook 2003 SP 2 I am trying to set up colour-coding for emails that have me in the CC field. (This is to easily identify emails that come through the same account that are from a mailing list.) I have done this for when I am personally in the TO field (and it works) but I can't seem to get it to work for the CC field. I've tried setting it up identically to the Automatic Formatting rule, as well as several alternative ways, but nothing catches emails that I know have me in the CC field. I'm using a different colour for the CC field rule for testing purposes so I know it'...