M2004 (No MSN, no Passport) -> M2006 Any problems?

I use M2004 without MSN, Passport or passwords.  My financial institutions
(Citi cards, Fidelity, Bank One) download into M2004 without any problems.

Will I be able to transition into M2006 without any problems?

I'll be happy to maintain the current M2004 features and capabilities.  I'm
thinking of M2006 only because the on-line stuff for M2004 will expire next
year.
--
Aloke
----

0
aprasad123 (105)
7/28/2005 9:35:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Aloke Prasad wrote:

>I use M2004 without MSN, Passport or passwords.  My financial institutions
>(Citi cards, Fidelity, Bank One) download into M2004 without any problems.
>
>Will I be able to transition into M2006 without any problems?
>
>I'll be happy to maintain the current M2004 features and capabilities.  I'm
>thinking of M2006 only because the on-line stuff for M2004 will expire next
>year.

You know you can run the 2006 trial and Money 2004 on the same
computer one at a time, tho the last-installed gets the file
associations. (With XP you might want to save your settings with
"System Restore" beforehand if you don't want to have to reinstall
M04 to revert.) . Copy your Money file to Aloke06.mny and let Money
2006 convert that.

In answer to your question, you can continue to do what you
described. You should not have a problem running as you are. But
things will have moved around, so you will have to re-explore the
menus. Set up things to your preference. Help will be less helpful.
There will be no butterfly to tell you when you will head out. The
portfolio has more columns you can configure in.  The backup is much
nicer-- especially for those who did not implement their own
strategy. There are various other things that will appeal to
different people, but I would not predict what might appeal to you.
I named two that I suspect would.

I don't remember it coming up during conversion, but on a new file,
you need to select "Decline" if you want to avoid Passport.

But to say you will have no problems? If a problem is something not
working the way you would prefer, you know the answer to that.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/29/2005 5:53:30 PM
Thanks for the reply.  It appears that it is not a huge step to do what I'm
thinking of doing ...

I'll upgrade and post my thoughts.

It is a pity that we are getting cornered into using less and less of the
features that MS is spending it's time and energy into.  Money seems to be
headed into a dead end for those who avoid Passport and MSN..

I hope there is an alternative (Quicken?) that will make sense at some point
in the future.  Even Quicken users don't seem to be a happy lot..
--
Aloke
----

> In microsoft.public.money, Aloke Prasad wrote:
>
>>I use M2004 without MSN, Passport or passwords.  My financial institutions
>>(Citi cards, Fidelity, Bank One) download into M2004 without any problems.
>>
>>Will I be able to transition into M2006 without any problems?
>>
>>I'll be happy to maintain the current M2004 features and capabilities.
>>I'm
>>thinking of M2006 only because the on-line stuff for M2004 will expire
>>next
>>year.
>
> You know you can run the 2006 trial and Money 2004 on the same
> computer one at a time, tho the last-installed gets the file
> associations. (With XP you might want to save your settings with
> "System Restore" beforehand if you don't want to have to reinstall
> M04 to revert.) . Copy your Money file to Aloke06.mny and let Money
> 2006 convert that.
>
> In answer to your question, you can continue to do what you
> described. You should not have a problem running as you are. But
> things will have moved around, so you will have to re-explore the
> menus. Set up things to your preference. Help will be less helpful.
> There will be no butterfly to tell you when you will head out. The
> portfolio has more columns you can configure in.  The backup is much
> nicer-- especially for those who did not implement their own
> strategy. There are various other things that will appeal to
> different people, but I would not predict what might appeal to you.
> I named two that I suspect would.
>

> I don't remember it coming up during conversion, but on a new file,
> you need to select "Decline" if you want to avoid Passport.
>
> But to say you will have no problems? If a problem is something not
> working the way you would prefer, you know the answer to that.

0
aprasad123 (105)

What's the problem creating public folders ?
On ESM, Win2003+Exch2003SP1, I go to "Folders". I expand "Public Folders" and I see all existing public folders there - OK. Then I want to create a new public folder. I attempt to right click, and do "New". However, the "New" button is not available. How can I create a Public Folder under such "All Public Folder" tree then ? "Marlon" <marlon-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: >On ESM, Win2003+Exch2003SP1, > >I go to "Folders". >I expand "Public Folders" and I see all existing public folders there - O...

Password Problem #7
I'm ytrying to set up online services with my bank but Money inducates that the password must be between 4 and 8 characters. My bank's password is longer. Does that mean I have to change my password on my bank's website for a shorter one. If this is the case, this is poorly designed. Thanks for any help, Eric In microsoft.public.money, canqueusamdnc wrote: >I'm ytrying to set up online services with my bank but Money inducates that >the password must be between 4 and 8 characters. My bank's password is >longer. Does that mean I have to change my password o...

M2004 / any Fidelity issues ?
For the past few months I'm receiving occasional errors when I try to "update"/download transactions" from Fidelity. ( Update prices is fine and my other accounts - banks/brokers/credit cards etc work fine so not a licensing issue). I have 3 separate accounts there with same logon info that update at once and sometimes I get error stating " Problem updating 'IRA Account'... please contact Fidelity ... "More Info: General Error". Money uses same logon info for all accounts there, so can't be a password/login info problem at my end. Try it a...

Problem With Outlook 2003 #2
When trying to access Outlook 2003 keeping getting error 1402 with various registry key errors. Attempts to write to a registry key are unsuccessful. Also whenever I use the mouse to select an icon on the desktop the Office 2003 install dialog initiates even if the icon is not related to Office. The registry keys are greyed out and no information is in the keys. I cannot remove office or reinstall or delete the registry keys with problems. Some of the products still work but cannot get Outlook. Really need to get it working so I can access email. Are you logged on as administrator or...

Need help. Conditional formatting problems
I have setup a worksheet that contains QC information. I created a simple "form" for the techs to enter there data into and then that "form" is repeated at least 52 (52 weeks in a year) times on the same worksheet. Setting up conditional formatting is very time consuming and I need a faster easier way to do it. This is what my "form" looks like: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Week 1 Date set _*12/28/09_ Organism tested (E.coli) Initials __DA___ Drug tested ...

PASSWORD PROBLEMS #4
I had considerable problems with my Windows Live ID/password with Essentials, with absolutely no releif. In reading other posts determined that I just needed to upgrade to Money Plus (so I did). STILL CANNOT LOG IN. Cannot even access the website through Money. ARGH! In microsoft.public.money, Eileen wrote: >I had considerable problems with my Windows Live ID/password with Essentials, >with absolutely no releif. In reading other posts determined that I just >needed to upgrade to Money Plus (so I did). STILL CANNOT LOG IN. Cannot >even access the website through Money...

Installation Problem
Hello, I am a licensed user of publisher97; lost my cd install key and just have the media. I also have the product ID; but when I go to submit a support incident it says that I've used all my support incidents up for that product. I've never called on that product before. Anyone know a way I can get my install key back from microsoft? My HDD died and I had to reformat, this is why I am reinstalling. Thanks Brian What kind of support do you need? If I remember correctly, the product ID is all you need to install. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvp...

MSN Messenger 4: Forwarding Messages to Mobile Device?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3170242457_31400555 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Am I misunderstanding MSN�s mobile device feature? Under the Mobile Preferences, it says �Set up or edit account so my contacts can send messages to my mobile device�. So I�ve set my account up...but how is it activated? I thought it would work like AIM�s forward to mobile device feature. --B_3170242457_31400555 Content-type: text/html; ch...

Editing Problem with Outlook 2003
I just received a new computer with Vista and am using Outlook 2003. This is my third computer and on the others I had this problem infrequently so it did not bother me but now I have it with every e-mail that I write. When I have to make a change in the text the next part of the text deletes and keeps deleting as I am typing in another letter or word or making a change. This is most annoying as I find the only way to combat this is to cut and paste and it is very time consuming. How can I fix this quirk in the program so that I can make changes without having to cut and paste? Th...

M2004 Investments
I purchased stock for an investment account, then recorded dividends (either cash or reinvested) over a period of time, then sold the entire amount of that stock. Sometime later the same stock is again purchased. Money shows the dividend income for the previously sold shares as part of the Gain in the Your Portfolio screen (Standard View). Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? ...

Problem with Outlook 2003 OWA
Hi, When reading my email via OWA, I have a problem when I go to Forward it, Reply, etc... The email sort of hangs on the Reply, Forward attempt. It doesn't literally hang, but it doesn't completely fill-in when I hit Reply or Forward. Can anyone help? Sorry, the problem is sort of hard to explain. Darius Try posting this in an Exchange group - despite its name, OWA is not a part of Outlook but Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

Import Problems
I stopped using Money because everytime I download and then import my bank account from one institution, it imports into an old, rarely used account. I have been able to download statements correctly in the past. I don't know why this problem has started and what I should do. Money no longer asks which account to import into. Any ideas how to get it to ask? That would probably solve this problem. In microsoft.public.money, Dave wrote: >I stopped using Money because everytime I download and then import my bank >account from one institution, it imports into an old, rarely ...

Outlook Problem #53
I followed the discussion topics as I was receiving the extend.dat error and fixed that. Then, I went into "manage email accounts" and entered the login page http address for my godaddy email; however, once I entered that along with all other information (login, password, etc), outlook will not open at all so that I can fix anything. I don't even know if I set up the email account correctly as an HTTP either. Please help. http://help.godaddy.com/article/2649 "Bridgett" <Bridgett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1000084-FAC0-4BB2-B5AC-1C...

Margin problem
Hello A work with Windows Vista. My problem is when I print the emails, the text is on the edge of the page. Sometimes it misses the 1st letter. How to shift slightly the text on the right to leave a margin on the left. My PC is a SONY VGN-CR31S Thank you for your help. Horizonbleu "Horizonbleu" <Horizonbleu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69F3529C-D9FF-49E1-B12F-1D51BF0D49FB@microsoft.com... > Hello > A work with Windows Vista. > My problem is when I print the emails, the text is on the edge of the > page. > Sometimes i...

Outlook 2003 Sound Problem
When I set the sound function for "New Mail Notification" in the control panel the sound will not play when new messages arrive in Outlook. Anyone else run into this problem? System is: Window XP Pro SP1 MSOffice 2003 See my reply to your post in microsoft.public.office.misc. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a6d01c3d3b4$24aa9940$a601280a@phx.gbl, Bonrea wrote: > When I set the sound function for "New Mail Notification&qu...

Problem using Recurring Batch in Receivables Module
HI ALL, I'm just learning Great Plains and have a problem using Receivables. When I create a recurring batch, it works fine the first time. Problem is that the next time I post that batch it will post to the general ledger, but NOT to the receivable module. When I do an Inquiry -> Sales -> Transaction By Customer, I don't see that sale. Then I get into a catch-22: I can't correct in the Financial -> General -> Transaction Entry, because it was created in the Receivables Module. But I can't find it in the receivalbes module. What I DO see is that the sale is ...

I decided to stay with M2004
Hello, I decided after trying M2005 and Q2005 to use Money 2004 as my primary finance software. I might upgrade to M2005 if microsoft offered a reduced price. I can't see paying for buggy software. I also purchased AceMoney because of the lifetime upgrades. It is a little weak in some areas, but I will wait to see how it evolves. Regards, Frank Frank, since you have the money 2004 maybe you can tell me how to use the print option for accounts already in place. I am trying to help someone over the phone and I have never used the money program. they can get one store's bil...

SFO Problem
Hello, I'm getting "An error occured while installing Microsoft CRM folders" message when opening Outlook. I've tried : 1-Remove addin and reregister it -Do not work 2-Remove SFO and MSDE and reinstall SFO-Do not work 3-Remove Office 2003 and reinstall Office 2003-Do not work How can I check which condition causes error? Is there any log file that i can check? I do not want to reinstall OS but I couldn't found any solution. Thanks, ...

Problem with symbols
Hello, I'm trying to create some shortcuts to enter Greek letters into cells in Excel. The =CHAR() works for most characters, but the unicode/hex for the Greek letters is 03BB (lambda, for example) but nothing recognizes the alpha characters. If I go to the symbol font I can enter l for lambda, but I'd like something fast and easy, and not have to go to the mouse to change fonts. I tried a macro that changes fonts, but it doesn't work while typing in a cell...it changes it, and then everything that then gets typed into the cell is that font. That isn't normally what I want. A...

OWA 2003 Problems
We recently upgraded from Exch5.5 to Exchange2003. While I love the functionality of the new OWA, many of our users have had technical problems. They find it very slow and it often freezes thier computer. This happens more often with users with dial-up access and older computers, but it is enough that I have been forced to keep the old site up as well. I am not happy about needing to maintain two OWA locations, but face the wrath of unhappy executives who cannot access their mail successfully from external locations. Has anyone else experienced these types of user problems with the new OW...

cell selection problem
Yesterday my excel 2003 started to have this problem. If I select a cell, my mouse cursor goes into selection mode and I can't get out of this mode. I have hit keys, tried to put the mouse on the title bar of the window to minimize the app (and I end up selecting all the rows above the current row). The only thing I can do is alt-tab to the next application, and close excel from the taskbar window. I must have done something to start this behavior, I just can't figure out what. Hi try hitting F8 ´to disable the extended mode -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "...

How to Make Outlook Express Send to MSN
I have MSN DSL but want to send and receive mail via Outlook Express instead of MSN's hotmail. I have MSN's SMPT server name but Outlook give me a message that it can't find the server. I can receive mail OK but not send it. Has anyone figured out how to get this done? Thanks. Hi George, Here is a very good Workaround http://www.updatexp.com/19.html -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

How do i solve allignment problems in emails?
When i email a publisher document, the allignment is completely off, even when it is perfect before i send it. Why is this happening? And how do i fix it? Where is the alignment off? Are you sending the email as an attachment or as the body of the email? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "HeatherH" <HeatherH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69AF5488-AF4B-418B-9DB0-BB9DD078885C@microsoft.com... > When i email a publisher document, the allignment is completely off, even >...

** MSN BETA SEARCH ENGINE **
http://sexyhosting.info/search/search.pl - Mikroesoft continually stives to give you better search check out our new and improved beta search and let us know what you think! ...

Got a Problem
I've got 3 computers 1 Laptop, and 2 desktops, I can access my wifes computer from my Desktop but when I hooked my Laptop up to my network it shows up but I can't access it from my PC does anyone have any Ideas why this would happen my PC is a new Dell with Vista on it Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I'd suggest reposting your question to one of the Windows Networking groups. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Raven Darklore" &l...