M2004 Deluxe-TIRA to Roth Conversion Question

Hi,

I am using MS Money 2004 Deluxe. I did a Traditonal IRA conversion to a Roth
back on Nov 24th. The conversion was with the same mutual fund, ticker
symbol. How do I do the transaction within Money to effectively close the
TIRA and have the Roth Start on 11/24/08? I want the converted amount, for
tax purposes, to show up on the Money Home page.

Thanks!

0
Mike8392 (4)
12/27/2008 3:39:52 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Transfer Out investment activity?

"Mike" <Mike@nothere.com> wrote in message
> I am using MS Money 2004 Deluxe. I did a Traditonal IRA conversion to a
> Roth back on Nov 24th. The conversion was with the same mutual fund,
> ticker symbol. How do I do the transaction within Money to effectively
> close the TIRA and have the Roth Start on 11/24/08? I want the converted
> amount, for tax purposes, to show up on the Money Home page.

Installing Money Plus Delux
Will Money Plus Delux install directly over Money 2006 Premium? If not, what's the best way to install Plus delux to replace 2006 premium? In microsoft.public.money, Sling wrote: >Will Money Plus Delux install directly over Money 2006 Premium? If not, >what's the best way to install Plus delux to replace 2006 premium? I think if you just install, Money Plus Deluxe will offer to uninstall the earlier version. If you pay attention, it would be possible to have them both installed at the same time. Note that when you download the install file, it is important to keep a copy o...

SSRS 2005 questions
Hi, We are trying to have SSRS2005 ready for production and I heard that SSRS2005 upgrade to SSRS2005 is very difficult and SSRS2005 securty is very poor. IS that True? Thanks, Do you mean upgrade from RS 2000 to RS 2005. That upgrade was quite easy. The upgrade to RS 2008 is more difficult because they made major architectural changes that cause the upgrade to be more of an install and migration rather than an upgrade. As far as security you need to be more specific. I am not aware of security issues. BUT, it depends on what you mean by it. The way I look at secu...

Distribution List QUestion
Well it's that time of year, and I am, for one, grateful for email. I have several hundred holiday greetings to send out. And my question is simply this: Is it possible to create a Distribution List in Outlook 2003 and send a BLIND copy of a holiday greeting to everyone on the Distribution List in one large BCC or "Blind Copy" entry containing all the addressees? If so, what are the steps. Also, is it possible for any recipient of a "blind copy" to be able to examine the "raw" text of my email and retrieve the names of everyone on the list? This concerns...

varbinary conversion
Hi, Wondering if anyone can help with a conversion type question, I have a table in a SQL 2000 database which has a notes field with a field type of Varbinary, the application that sits on top of this returns what the actual string value of this field is, is there a way that I can recreate this using TSQL. Thanks PD On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 03:37:28 -0700, tress <tress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Wondering if anyone can help with a conversion type question, I have a table >in a SQL 2000 database which has a notes field with a field type of &...

Quarter Hour time conversions for timesheet
Users enter a time that needs to be converted to quarters of an hour. For 8 to 22 minutes past the hour = x:15, for 23-37minutes past the hour = x:30 For 38 to 52 minutes past the hour =x:45 and For 53 minutes before the hour to 7minutes past the hour = x:00. Many may ask Why? Its the way its always been done by hand. Yikes! Thank you Copy the code below, right-click the sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code into the window that appears. Change the A2:B100 to the range address where you want to enter times. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Private Su...

ReportToPDF font question
Hello All, Maybe someone has come across this problem before. I have been using Stephen Lebans ReportToPDF for sometime now and LOVE IT (Thanks Stephen!!!). I have an Access database, tables on SQL Server and front being accessed thru Terminal Services with an HP LaserJet 4 printer. When I send the report to .pdf the font changes from Times New Roman to Arial! The .snp is in Times New Roman, so my thought is it's not the utility or Access and I just want a confirmation and to know if anyone has run into this problem and has a suggestion (a fix would be nice too!). Big THANKS, G...

Balance questions
Everyone, Is anyone else having issues with accounts in the accounts view having a different balance from teh balance when you get into the specific accounts view? Mike Mike, Not that I know of...can you be more specific as to the problem you're having? You're seeing a discrepancy between the balance on the main account listing screen and the actual account itself? What type of account is it? -Gary "Mike Bolig" <mikebolig@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:40f101c4730b$681d1f30$a301280a@phx.gbl... Everyone, Is anyone else having issues with accounts in...

M2004 / any Fidelity issues ?
For the past few months I'm receiving occasional errors when I try to "update"/download transactions" from Fidelity. ( Update prices is fine and my other accounts - banks/brokers/credit cards etc work fine so not a licensing issue). I have 3 separate accounts there with same logon info that update at once and sometimes I get error stating " Problem updating 'IRA Account'... please contact Fidelity ... "More Info: General Error". Money uses same logon info for all accounts there, so can't be a password/login info problem at my end. Try it a...

M2004 Investments
I purchased stock for an investment account, then recorded dividends (either cash or reinvested) over a period of time, then sold the entire amount of that stock. Sometime later the same stock is again purchased. Money shows the dividend income for the previously sold shares as part of the Gain in the Your Portfolio screen (Standard View). Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? ...

automatic conversion of text into date :(
Hi! I'm pasting some data from Web into Excel tables. But unfortunetlly, Excel transforms text '2/10' into date 'october 2'. How to prevent this from happening. Please help me, because I looked everywere but no luck :( -- arnold_charming ------------------------------------------------------------------------ arnold_charming's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29350 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490588 Format the cell. It is currently set to mmmm d. If you wish to retain the 2/10 fromat ...

hyperlink question #6
I have a workbook with a series of hyperlinks from one sheet to certainl cells in another sheet. When i protect the destination sheet the hyperlinks no longer work - i ge through to the correct sheet but not to the require cell.. Am i being dumb and missing something simple ?? I created a workbook with two worksheets (using xl2003). I put a hyperlink (via insert|hyperlink) in Sheet2!a1 that points at sheet1!b99. I protected sheet1. And that hyperlink still worked fine. I put a hyperlink (via =hyperlink("#sheet1!c1834") in sheet2!a2. I still had sheet1 protected. And that w...

Data vs. forms & Unload/reload questions
A .mdb file seems to encompass both the database and all the 'code' (forms, modules, and logic) used to CRUD the data in the tables. 1) Is there any way to separate the database from the code into separate files, eg. the db is mydata.mdb and the 'code is in a separate file, eg. code.mdb? 2) Say you have v1.0 of an app and the tables and attributes are populated with data. You then go and build v2.0 of the app, adding tables and columns to what already existed in v1.0, and perhaps moving some of the v1.0 attributes into different tables. What is the recommended way to unload/reloa...

money 2004 deluxe rebate #2
I've had this sort of thing happen to me before with a different rebate. I run everything through the scanner now, including the envelope! I write my name and address on the back of all product box part request. Why you might ask? Because our country is just full of thieves. Trust me on this. America God bless her, is the most tempted by Satan and Satan will use drugs, alcohol, money and sex to get what She wants. Trust me on this! Even the people who work in rebate centers are tempted by Satan. If you don't believe in God then I'll pray for you. If you do believe in God ...

Questions on Activities
We have a few questions on Activities and History in CRM - 1) Our major issue is the fact we can't customise this section at all :o( Will it be possible to customise the layouts and database schema for activities in the Intl. version of CRM? The major problem with this is the fact that the Subject field is free text - we want to restrict this to a picklist. We're surprised that Category and Sub Category are also free text :o( 2) There doesn't seem to be a way of knowing whether an activity had been completed or cancelled in the UI! 3) Why can't you create an appointment in w...

Dollar Conversion
How do I make $61.00 read Sixty One Dollars and OO/100? Is there a way? Often asked. Look here http://tinyurl.com/ny87 "Sabrina" <sabrinad@martwash.com> wrote in message news:0b6d01c37ec3$7a2e19f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I make $61.00 read Sixty One Dollars and OO/100? > Is there a way? ...

I decided to stay with M2004
Hello, I decided after trying M2005 and Q2005 to use Money 2004 as my primary finance software. I might upgrade to M2005 if microsoft offered a reduced price. I can't see paying for buggy software. I also purchased AceMoney because of the lifetime upgrades. It is a little weak in some areas, but I will wait to see how it evolves. Regards, Frank Frank, since you have the money 2004 maybe you can tell me how to use the print option for accounts already in place. I am trying to help someone over the phone and I have never used the money program. they can get one store's bil...

Money 2007 Deluxe trial version in Canada.
I have been using the trial edition for a while now, but my trial expires on November 27. The Canadian Microsoft site still doesn't offer Money 2007. When I try to purchase from the American site it will not allow me to enter a Canadian address. How can I purchase this product? I have added a huge amount of info to my file, and because I need it to track my investment portfolio, I don't want to be without the paid for version. I asked here once before and was told that Canadian and American versions were merged for 2007. The trial version seems to work well here. Why isn&...

Newbie questions #2
Hi everyone, My company is in the process of converting over from Quattro Pro to Excel, so I have a few newbie questions. 1. How do I set a default footer that is printed with every page of a spreadsheet? I want to have the path and filename, tab name, and date at the bottom of each page of a printout. I know how to set them for a particular spreadsheet, but how do I set it up so it is automatically included with every new spreadsheet? 2. How do I set the default page setup so that the scaling is always "print to 1 page wide by 1 page tall", and margins are all 0.5inches al...

vba question
hey, i have made a few custom functions using vba, is there a way i can save the code in a place where it can be accesses by any workbook i may be using. at the moment I can only save it to the workbook im in at the time and therefore only use it in that particular workbook. thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Matt! Save it in your Personal.xls file or create an Addin. I'd go for the Addin approach as you can use an Addin to enrol your functions in the function list categories each time Excel is opened. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Austral...

M2004 update error
Lately I have been getting errors in downloading M2004 update. Today I see "An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If the problem persists, re-install Money from your original disks" Needless to say, I don't want to re-install unneccessasarily. A few days back, there was the "unable to process SMRTINET.INI" error. I wish MS would post patches to M2004 for separate download like the rest of their products .... -- Aloke ---- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com I have been getting the "Money encountered an error pr...

Multiple Installation Question
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3294564435_42315548 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I participated in the free upgrade of MS Office 2008 from purchasing Mac Office 04.. I noticed when I received the software I was only given 1 Product Key... I�m getting ready to upgrade to a new iMac and was wondering if I was going to run into a problem installing the software on the new machine since I was only given 1 Key instead of the ...

M2004 AND INVESMENT GRAPHICS
How I can see the graphs of my accounts in color, and the graphs of an stock or fund in MSN Money correctly? I´m using M2004 USA There's a Tools|Options setting for how to display graphs. I can't give you a precise M04 path at the moment but if you get in there and wander around the tabs you should be able to find it. (In M05/6, I wouldn't say that.) "r2d2" <r2d2_74@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:1FBF8774-9A02-492A-AF6B-0C44CE27DE50@microsoft.com... > How I can see the graphs of my accounts in color, and the graphs of an stock > or fund ...

M2004 Print Problem
M2004 Deluxe version. I have two checking accounts setup, both with in the same major account, one works fine the other does not. In the one that does not work I have to enter two print check transactions before "print checks" option will appear under To Do. If I enter a single print trans action, it's entered in the register with "Print" in the number column. I if go to File > Print Checks it says "You don't have any accounts with checks to be printed". I have done an over the top reinstall with no help. Any other suggestions? IN the mean time I...

XPathDocument Threading Question
I have a web application where I am trying to cache and XPathDocument the XPathDocument is created as follows. XPathDocument xdoc = new XPathDocument(new StringReader(ruleXml)); Then I want to just cache this xdoc and retrieve it for each request. And then call XPathNavigator nav = xdoc.CreateNavigator(); on each thread. My question is whether this is thread safe or not. Can you have multiple XPathNavigator classes on different threads with the same underlying XPathDocument? If not I will just cache the ruleXml string and create a new XPathDocument on each thread. Just wondering what ...

MS Money 2007 Deluxe Won't Stop Adding Copies of an Account
I attempted to set up online updates for First National Bank of Omaha (Credit Card) and ran into the "passkey" problem where updates cannot be performed automatically despite this bank appearing on MS Money list of supported institutions. Thanks fine - I understand MS continued to work on the problem. I deleted the account the MS Money tried to set up. However, MS Money appears to continue to try to set up this account - I didn't open Money for a few days and when I did, there where 4 copies of the account (same name appended with #2, #3, #4, #5). How do I get Money to stop tryin...