M2000 QUESTION

Hello,

I was wondering how to create a new money file for 2004 and still keep all
of the accounts, payees, scheduled debits and credits etc that I have in my
2003 file?

Is this worth doing or is it better in the long run to keep everything in
one file for tracking/reporting purposes for trends in spending etc?

Thanks for your time,

AndrewC

money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

I'd keep it in one file. The beauty of the program is
keeping everything together to run reports on all your
transactions and expenditures over time. My file tracks
all my expenses back to 1992 when I first started using
Money. You can always run reports on any time frame you
want in the future to break down prior years.
Joe

0
anonymous (74717)
3/1/2004 2:02:10 AM
In microsoft.public.money, AndrewC wrote:

>I was wondering how to create a new money file for 2004 and still keep all
>of the accounts, payees, scheduled debits and credits etc that I have in my
>2003 file?

Money 2004 will normally convert your existing file and keep the
accounts, payees, scheduled debits and credits etc.

If you File->New->NewFile you will get a new file without your
existing accounts, payees, scheduled debits and credits etc.

>Is this worth doing or is it better in the long run to keep everything in
>one file for tracking/reporting purposes for trends in spending etc?

What is it that you are contemplating again? Are you looking to have
Money 2000 or Money 2003 installed at the same time as Money 2004
and run concurrent separate files? That can be done. But it is not
clear what you are trying to do.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
3/1/2004 2:55:17 AM
Sorry for the confusion here, the 2004 and 2003 files I am talking about are
the money file for the fiscal year 2004 and 2003. I am using M2000 but my
wife thinks it might be easier if we have one file per fiscal year.

Thanks,

AndrewC

Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
> In microsoft.public.money, AndrewC wrote:
>

> >I was wondering how to create a new money file for 2004 and still keep
all
> >of the accounts, payees, scheduled debits and credits etc that I have in
my
> >2003 file?
>
> Money 2004 will normally convert your existing file and keep the
> accounts, payees, scheduled debits and credits etc.
>
> If you File->New->NewFile you will get a new file without your
> existing accounts, payees, scheduled debits and credits etc.
>

> >Is this worth doing or is it better in the long run to keep everything in
> >one file for tracking/reporting purposes for trends in spending etc?
>
> What is it that you are contemplating again? Are you looking to have
> Money 2000 or Money 2003 installed at the same time as Money 2004
> and run concurrent separate files? That can be done. But it is not
> clear what you are trying to do.

In microsoft.public.money, AndrewC wrote:

>Sorry for the confusion here, the 2004 and 2003 files I am talking about are
>the money file for the fiscal year 2004 and 2003. I am using M2000 but my
>wife thinks it might be easier if we have one file per fiscal year.

While I would not recommend it, your wife's idea corresponds with
what is called archiving. There the non-investment transactions
before a specified date are removed, and the balance is adjusted.

See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information
including why to not archive.

The main problem with archiving is that people often have a false
expectation of what it does and achieves. Many, for example, assume
that archived data can be re-integrated into the current file.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
3/1/2004 3:46:21 PM
Also with separate annual files it makes year on year comparisons rather
hard.

Generally people tend to have one file from the year dot.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

> In microsoft.public.money, AndrewC wrote:
>
>>Sorry for the confusion here, the 2004 and 2003 files I am talking about
>>are
>>the money file for the fiscal year 2004 and 2003. I am using M2000 but my
>>wife thinks it might be easier if we have one file per fiscal year.
>>

> While I would not recommend it, your wife's idea corresponds with
> what is called archiving. There the non-investment transactions
> before a specified date are removed, and the balance is adjusted.
>
> See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information
> including why to not archive.
>
> The main problem with archiving is that people often have a false
> expectation of what it does and achieves. Many, for example, assume
> that archived data can be re-integrated into the current file.

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)

Question about Paste Special

IE8 privacy question

IF AND question

Microsoft Query question

Question

OWA Question #16

Text Box Question

401K questions

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

edit paycheck in M2000 cannot enter transfers?
In Money 2000 Deluxe, I am trying to edit an existing paycheck in the Setup Bills and Deposits section to include a transfer to a 401k account. The 401k account exists in the account list. However when I try to edit the split details, it won't let me enter any transfer categories. The category dropdown list contains regular categories and special category containing Credit card payments. The transfer categories are not visible. If I try to manually enter the transfer using "Transfer To : Account Name" it does not understand. Is this a known bug in Money 2000? Anybody else seeing...

Adding a long integer question
Hey guys - Just a quick question here about adding very large integers together. I'm trying to add say: 148991+ 76561197960265728 - within a vbscript routine and my result is: 7.65611979604147E+16. Is there anyway to get that to print out the full solution rather than the shortened version? Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Nick btw I shouldn't have said shortened version (sounds ignorant). What I meant was is it possible to show it out of scientific notation. I don't know whether this will help, but it may be of interest: When I try... CDec(148991 +...

A2K format
G'day ppl Have a form which after the user has completed all data input can invoice job out. I have a command button: Private Sub InvoiceBtn_Click() Dim InvoiceResp As Integer InvoiceResp = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to mark this record for Invoicing ?????", vbYesNo) If InvoiceResp = vbYes Then Me.Invoice = 1 Me.WeekNo = Me.DateDel Else DoCmd.CancelEvent End If End Sub What I would like to have happen is that before it updates Me.Invoice, it checks that the [PackStatus]=6 (6=Pack is Delivered). So if the criteria doesn't match then di...

Question Re: Slide Numbers
I created a template but a slide number doesn’t always get inserted when I add slides. It’s there when I look at the Slide Master, so I'm wondering what I've done incorrectly. Thanks in advance. On the slide, if you insert (or draw) an object that is "above" the slide number place, you won't see the slide number "Kathy" <maykola@me.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 6E724E56-2859-41B3-AEB7-E664F3A6A4A8@microsoft.com... >I created a template but a slide number doesn't always get inserted when I > add slides. It's there when ...

Question #4
Recently a person wrote to me with a problem, this was the problem:- He had a doc-view application based on CFormView and had a button on the view, clicking which the frame needs to get hidden and the what needs to remain on the screen is the client area, which is the View.Also the view-area shouldn't increase/decrease in width/height when the button click operation takes place. I wrote out a piece of code and sent it over to him. But since this was a bit unusual , I wanted to know the opinions of guys here on solving this problem. I will post the answer which I gave later, if mine ...

Macro security question
Greetings, I just moved from W98 to XP Pro. I brought along my spreadsheets with macros I wrote. When I open the workbooks in Microsoft Office Excel 2003 running under XP Pro, I get a message that the macros are disabled and some guidance on how to lower the security from Very high to High and then ..... Well I followed the guidanc and found that my security was already set at High and then the rest of the guidance didn'ty work. I tried help but couldn't find anything that makes sense. Can some one tell me how to tell the software that my macros are ok? TIA Ray, lower it to medium...

Compacting Design Question
I am using the following code in the on close event of my form: CommandBars("Menu Bar"). _ Controls("Tools"). _ Controls("Database utilities"). _ Controls("Compact and repair database..."). _ accDoDefaultAction End Sub I have heard that you should use the compacting event from a command button. Can someone give me the reasons that you should only do this on command rather than every time the form closes? Thanks for your feedback. Why would you want to compact that frequently? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

AOL and Microsoft on an exchange question
I hope someone might know the answer to this problem. I have a customer who uses AOL. I use Outlook 2007 and am on an exchange server. My customer has a problem when he forwards me an email from anyone outside of my office. The original email comes to me in the form of an attachment, even tho there were no attachments used. For example, A sends an email to my customer. That email has no attachments. My customer forwards me the email. When I receive the email A's email to my customer is in the form of an attachment. It looks like an envelope. Can we make the forward come to ...

Date on X-axis question
I have Dates on the X-axis of a chart. I would like the markers or ticks to be the actually dates. But the way it is now it has the major unit as 7 so it is showing every tick every 7 days. But if the data skips a couple weeks I would not like it to show the ticks inbetween. So I just want the dates on the x-axis Does this make sense? Any ideas of how to fix this? Excel has detected a time series; you want to tell it to treat dates as simple category values. 1)Right click chart; use Chart Option form popup menu 2)Open the Axis tab; under X-axis, click the Category option box (e...

Two questions for MS Money Plus, Please help
1). I have read the statement, said the support for MS money only available in United States and Japan. I am living in Australia, does that mean MS Money Plus is not supported for Australia, or simply just do not have money support center in Australia? 2). I am using MS Money 2007 Home & Business editiion, can I just upgrade it to MS Money Plus 2008 Delux edition? That means from higher edtion of older version to lower edition of newer version. Thanks in advance. George Money is very heavily localised to take account of the fiscal rules in the regions where it is sold. So a U...

tricky send question
I didn't get any responses when I first posted this so I'm trying again, Help, please!! I've got a problem that I just can't solve. I'm using WinXP, Outlook XP (2002), Zonealarm, and McAfee. I've already scanned (and rescanned) the whole pc for MyDoom, it's clean. Here is what is happening... I have an e-mail which is incoming only (pop3, no smtp), so outgoing goes nowhere. Everytime I send/receive, even though my outbox is empty, there is an attempted send from my e-mail. This, of course, fails, and there is no history of it anywhere, not in the outb...

Newbe question about licensing
Hi, I am a complete MS exchange newbe so i apologize in advance. I want to install some version of exchange for a small office with about 10 people without breaking the bank. They all have outlook on their work stations and will need email accounts for all. I am considering purchasing "Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Full Version" and I am wondering if this will permit all users to have mail boxes. The business is currently using an outdated postoffice program with no support so I would like to get a little closer to the 21st century and have more flexibility. Do I need a...

Date/Time Question
Hello, I have a start date and time which is inputed to a form in the format of ##/##/#### HH:MM:SS I also have a total time which is in decimal hours. Like 25.61. How would I create an expression in a query to take the start date/time, add the total time to it, and get the result in the date/time format. If possible I would also like to exclude the hours between midnight and 5 AM. Thanks in advance, Emily Emily You are, to some extent, mixing apples and oranges -- both of your items are somewhat related to dates, but not related directly to each other. If you have a Date/Time value...

Graphing Question
I'm trying to graph a 2005 company trend showing dollars and numbers. The dollar amount is in the millions and the number amount is in th low 100's. How can I graph both lines on the same chart? When I tr to graph them as separate series the number trend basiclly lies on to of the x axis. I'd like to be able to see both of them on the sam graph -- petevan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- petevang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2503 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

M2000 to M2005
I've been using M2000 (Canadian edition) for the last 6 years and have been happy with the features. Base currency set to USD. I have now purchased (in the UK) a new laptop (Win XP SP2) which came bundled with Money 2005. When attempting to convert the M2000 file xx.mny, M2005 states that conversion is not possible because of a version incompatibility. I guess this is a problem with Canada vs. UK (or Europe? - the currency in M2005 appears as euro: perhaps because my regional settings currency is euro. Any suggestions on how to force a conversion (including all settings - repor...

Subtraction Question
How do you subtract, example: A2:G2 "Richard" wrote: > How do you subtract, example: A2:G2 To subtract A2 from G2 enter the formula =G2-A2 into a cell I don't want to subtract just G2 from A2. I'd like to subtract A2 thru G2 (A2:G2) "bigwheel" wrote: > "Richard" wrote: > > > How do you subtract, example: A2:G2 > > To subtract A2 from G2 enter the formula =G2-A2 into a cell How about this: =-SUM(A2:G2) -- Regards, Ron =A1-SUM(A2:G2) ??? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Richar...