M05 update fails.

Uninstalled M04 and installed M05 over a week ago.  M05 said an update was
available.  I let it run and it said "Update Complete".  Now, EVERY time I
shut down Money, I get "Money is attempting to install an update. To
complete, restart Windows, and then Money".  In the last week, I tried the
following to no avail. I've re-run the update several times, deleteted the
mnyupdate.log several times and  restored the registry to several previouse
dates. It still gives me this msg EVERY time I shut Money down. Any Ideas or
should I just go back to M04????
Frank

0
fjmet (12)
10/14/2004 2:01:19 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

M05 Crash
I have recently upgraded from M04 to M05. After clicking on modify home page, I have included investment performance. That's the last time I could ever get my file to open again. After trying to restrat the program either it doesn't respond and I kill it or it just shuts down on its own with no error message. Any ideas? Remove that module from your home page. You may have too many investments for that module to work properly. If you can switch to another page (i.e. Banking) before it tries to refresh the Home Page, you can go into Settings to remove that module from the Home page...

complex update
Help! I have an excel 2000 dbs that needs updating regularly. The dbs is 40 cols wide and looks into two input files, doing some complicated "IFs" and "VLOOKUPs" , pulling info from one or the other, depnding on the IF & lookup. My problem is: it takes a L O O O O N G time to run. My question is: does anyone have any ideas how to speed it up, or maybe could suggest a different approach? Many thanks in advance. Steve remove "_ILY_" to email me email to steve_ILY_@pctamers.co.uk Take a look here: http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeed.htm In articl...

Update/Patch for M05?
I probably don't want to buy and install Money 2005 until after the first update/patch is released by Microsoft to correct the initial set of defects. Is there a Microsoft site that publicizes when updates for Money are issued? I would check here. Someone is bound to post soon enough :) The first update has already been release though, so perhaps you want the second :-p -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use ...

update for 2010?
For office beta 2010, will we be able to get updates, fixes? Suppose that there is a bug fixed at ON 2010 beta, will we be able to upgrade the beta version? Or will we be using the same version until the final product is on sale? Thanks There will likely be at least one more public build available before RTM (Release to Manufacturing) but I wouldn't expect any incremental bug fixes like a released product. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/onenote.htm "minimus" <mini...

Computer found updates
When I first activated windows I had just bought a computer and decided to just take the hard drive out and use it in my old one (which is pretty brand new) it was just dropped and the hard drive fried. When I activated windows I used the product key of the new one I just bought which is a Dell instead of the one I put it in which is an Emachines. So all the drivers were not loaded. So I went and had network adapters added and got in. Well it showed a list of automatic updates which I did install. Now my system hangs and reboots itself. I can get in by going to safe mode wi...

Money won't stop updating #2
I beat my brains out over this one and finally srumbled across a useful tip that worked. If you use bill pay or even list your bills in the scheduler this might be the problem. Make sure that all of your bills appear to be up to date and that you do not have multiple occurences still waiting to be entered. As soon as I did this everything operated normaly. I did repair the file as well but clearing out my bills seemed to do the trick. Hope this helps someone. ...

Comment edit, fails to exit
A comment for a cell has been edited and now will not exit. Clic outside cell, explicit edit in context menu, even closing/reopenin Excel does not help. The comment may be moved and edited as usual an hovering over the cell displays the comment in the usual fashion, bu the )(*&#%*&%# comment will not close. The file has two worksheets an this worksheet has 136 rows and 10 columns. The comment has 12 lines. The context menu for the text of the comment always displays "exit edi text" but that for the text box changes to "edit text" when "exit edi text" i...

When I change my data, my formulas don't update the answers,why?
I have a personal finance sheet that has basic formulas which I update monthly. However, if I change a data cell, the other cell which has a formula linked to it does not pull the new data cell information. The formula is correct. The only way to "fix" my problem is to retype the exact same formula and then it pulls the new data. Any advise? Tools>Options>Calculation, check Automatic -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "ayprlthing" <ayprlthing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2165718-AF86-4C47-9FA5-857F76EBFD62@micros...

Can't load updates after reinstall of Office 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I needed to remove and re-installed Office 2004 recently. Used the "Remove Office" tool and then installed from the disc. It loaded ver 11.0 just fine, and at the end of the installation process, I selected the download updates option and that hangs up trying to install Autoupdater 1.1.2. The package downloads but the installation goes into a loop with the "Searching Macintosh HD" dialog box. After a long but unsuccessful trip to the Genius Bar, I removed everything and installed again using all the ...

update on printing?
i have a workbook that i have listed lots of values to link into other spreadsheets. i have lots of other spreadsheets with links pointing back to the other spreadsheet. when i try to print one of the individual (or more) spreadsheets i get a message asking if i want to udpate or not. i say 'yep update'. the spreadsheet then opens changes all the 'saved' numbers or text to an error 'NAME' and prints that instead of updating tthe file and printing the correct numbers. how do i fix this so it will do the update, then print. hopefully without having to open each indi...

CanaTax.com has updated.
CanaTax has updated. The website has updated the CPP amount. A million thanks to Rosemary. CanaTax 2006 payroll tax table available(include Quebec) CanaTax.com is a free Canadian payroll tax calculator. CanaTax provides users with an easy way to calculate taxes on regular salary, bonus, retroactive pay and commission. Calculations include CPP, EI, Federal tax and Provincial tax (including Quebec). Features All provinces including Quebec. Federal and Provincial tax claims can be entered as codes. Use Computer Formula tax calculation methods. More earnings and deductions. Federal and pr...

Taste that security update for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--tvkcokgjdkxjzzopt Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lcqpqbdx"; type="multipart/alternative" --lcqpqbdx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ycdfstuyqhx" --ycdfstuyqhx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain...

Event sink registration for SMTP virtual server failed. (80070005 (Access is denied.) )
My setup: Windows 2003 AD (2 domain controllers) Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server (I'll call it main-server.domain.com) Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2000 server (used to have all the mailboxes, but they have been moved to main-server.domain.com) Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 server (call it front-end.domain.com) The front end server is getting the error messages in the event log every 3 minutes: "Event sink registration for SMTP virtual server /LM/SMTPSVC/1 failed. Error code is 80070005 (Access is denied.). " I am using a firewall, and the front end server is in a DMZ, op...

Try that update
--cfespnzuncu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="aixugwnytiggarsxi"; type="multipart/alternative" --aixugwnytiggarsxi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sylpwbogwfqciwz" --sylpwbogwfqciwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Inst...

Windows Update faied
I"m trying to update my computer and i get an error 0x643.Everything is updated but Microsoft .Net Frameworks 3.5 service pack 1 and .Net frameworks 3.5 family update (kb951847).So this is the only update that fails. I"m running xp, its HP computer w/3700+ADM Athlon 200GB hard drive,1gb of ram.What is this for? -- Steve Schutz8 wrote: > I"m trying to update my computer and i get an error > 0x643.Everything is updated but Microsoft .Net Frameworks 3.5 > service pack 1 and .Net frameworks > 3.5 family update (kb951847).So this is the only update that f...

Help with Update Query
Hi, I have a table called tblLocations that has fields such as LocationID (autonumber) and UnitID (number). I also have a table called tblMonths1 that has LocationID (number). I just created a field called UnitID. I want to run an update query that will match the LocationIDs from the two tables and then fill in the values for the newly created UnitID field in the tblMonths1 from tblLocations. Can someone help? Thanks, Chuck ...

updating global address book immediately
I added some distribution groups to our company global address list. The problem is that it doesn't update the users immediately. Is there a way I can update users ASAP? We're running exchange 2003 and outlook 2003. Thanks for any help. On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:52:25 -0500, "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote: >I added some distribution groups to our company global address list. The >problem is that it doesn't update the users immediately. Is there a way I >can update users ASAP? We're running exchange 2003 and outlook 2003. Thanks ...

InsertItem fails on ActiveX control subclassing listview
I have successfully created an ActiveX control (using MFC COleControl) that is based on (subclasses) the list-view control (SysListView32). The control appears, and in report mode, it successfully displays the columns I have added to it -- InsertColumn (LVM_INSERTCOLUMN) succeeds. A call to DeleteAllItems (LVM_DELETEALLITEMS message) succeeds (but there are no items yet). However, when I call InsertItem (LVM_INSERTITEM) with a valid LVITEM structure being passed, it returns -1! Also, the portion of the control where items would appear is not colored white, as I would expect. I have...

Lost Drop & Drag after update
About a month ago Excel crashed , I sent the error report and followed recommendation for an available (unknown) auto update. Now I can not drag & drop files from within Excel folders/subfolders while running Excel. I have to go to the folder through my computer and move files into sub folders manually. I am running MS Office XP professional on Windows 2000 with service pack4 ...

Use Excel to make an update query to another database table?
I have a spreadsheet in Excel with information on it that I'd like to update to a database table (outside of Excel). I have been using Excel to pull database information in, and now I'd like to use it to write data to the same table. To this point I've just been copying the data into an Access table and creating an update query. Anyway to get Excel to do this?? Many thanks in advance. ...

update query on form
I don't want to update every record in the table. Just the record that is the current on the main form, with the data from the subform where Main.ID = Subform.ID . Also, there is a check box next to each field in the subform. I only want to update the fields in the main form/table where the corresponding fields on the subform have check boxes selected. These check boxes are named, Field1_Select, and so forth. They are unbound. Thanks! If possible, I'd like to be able to do this, where there isn't a matching ID field in the subform. I would just want to update the current main ...

Access Update form
Hey, For my schoolwork I have to make an combination of something that works with excel, vba and access. It's almost finished now and newt week I have to hand it in, but my teacher want's me to implement one crucial thing. The records in my database must only appear once. So when a user types something into my userform it should overwrite the existing data instead of making a whole new row in my table. Maybe it would be interesting that I also get a messagbox asking if he really wants tot update the record or if he want's to leave the form and do nothing. Can someone help me wi...

Updates after CRM 3.0 Update 2
Are there any important updates that came after CRM 3.0 Update 2? Thanks in advance, Eric Sabo Anyone ? Is there another rollup update planned for CRM 3.0? "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:OkpG2HmPIHA.5980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Are there any important updates that came after CRM 3.0 Update 2? > > Thanks in advance, > Eric Sabo > see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908951 "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:eTpw0zxQIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anyone ? > > Is there another rollup...

UPDATE OF DATA SO
As a data base of UNDER when single is updated I have endorsements of HQ? I need aid ...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...