M03 Dlx users: "Survey Says:" time?

Now that M04 Premium is coming, but since it's not here yet and we have time
to kill, I'm wondering who used the "Over a $160 value!" worth of "free"
stuff in M03 Deluxe:

Online Bill Pay
Online Tax Filing
Credit Report & Monitoring
Financial Consultation

Me?

Online Bill Pay: No. I'm just kind of a curmudgeon on the whole topic, kinda
like my stance on downloaded transaction data. If Checkfree was associated
with most all of my payees that I print checks for, I might consider it. But
I'm printing typically less than 9 checks a month as it is. Many fewer and
it gets really hard to get three at a time to print. I strive for three at a
time so as not to have to print a partial sheet of checks later. My printer
really doesn't like doing that. Of the nine or so checks, only one or two
are Checkfree payees. So, I'd have to pay extra for the mail-out service.
seven checks a month--of which maybe five are mailed--is about $2 a month
for the checks and postage. I do have to login to the Discover and Mileage+
VISA sites to tell them to come fetch their money. Takes about 3 minutes a
month. Combined.

Online Tax Filing: No. This deal costs me extra for a state tax return and
H&R Block can't even calculate Colorado taxes correctly for us and they
really don't care that they can't. I used CompleteTax.com for $25. They get
it right.

Credit Report & Monitoring: No. What for?

Financial Consultation: No. They aren't selling anything I'm interested in
and I'm betting that with this in mind they'd get bored with our case before
they even understood it. But I'll bet we'd never hear the end of the sales
pitches.

So, I'm really curious to see what M04 Premium has on the CD that M04 Deluxe
omits.

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I didn't............

--
Michael Gordon - MVP

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Now that M04 Premium is coming, but since it's not here yet and we have
time
> to kill, I'm wondering who used the "Over a $160 value!" worth of "free"
> stuff in M03 Deluxe:
>
> Online Bill Pay
> Online Tax Filing
> Credit Report & Monitoring
> Financial Consultation
>
> Me?
>
> Online Bill Pay: No. I'm just kind of a curmudgeon on the whole topic,
kinda
> like my stance on downloaded transaction data. If Checkfree was associated
> with most all of my payees that I print checks for, I might consider it.
But
> I'm printing typically less than 9 checks a month as it is. Many fewer and
> it gets really hard to get three at a time to print. I strive for three at
> time so as not to have to print a partial sheet of checks later. My
printer
> really doesn't like doing that. Of the nine or so checks, only one or two
> are Checkfree payees. So, I'd have to pay extra for the mail-out service.
> seven checks a month--of which maybe five are mailed--is about $2 a month
> for the checks and postage. I do have to login to the Discover and
Mileage+
> VISA sites to tell them to come fetch their money. Takes about 3 minutes a
> month. Combined.
>
> Online Tax Filing: No. This deal costs me extra for a state tax return and
> H&R Block can't even calculate Colorado taxes correctly for us and they
> really don't care that they can't. I used CompleteTax.com for $25. They
get
> it right.
>
> Credit Report & Monitoring: No. What for?
>
> Financial Consultation: No. They aren't selling anything I'm interested in
> and I'm betting that with this in mind they'd get bored with our case
before
> they even understood it. But I'll bet we'd never hear the end of the sales
> pitches.
>
> So, I'm really curious to see what M04 Premium has on the CD that M04
Deluxe
> omits.

0
gordonm (1013)
7/15/2003 2:10:55 AM
I used the credit report and online tax return.
--
Chris Cowles,
Gainesville, FL

> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>  Now that M04 Premium is coming, but since it's not here yet and we have
> time to kill, I'm wondering who used the "Over a $160 value!" worth of
"free"
> stuff in M03 Deluxe:

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
7/15/2003 2:39:04 AM
I used got the credit report and monitoring for me and my
wife.  I'm trying to get a meeting with the American
Express Advisor.  I want them to look over my portfolio
and get my $25.00 travelers check.

Bart

0
bart5091 (14)
7/15/2003 4:22:05 AM
I forgot.  I also bought my Money 2003 dlx at Walmart for
about $35.00 during tax time and used the combo rebate
with Tax Cut even thought the rebate form said you
couldn't do that.

Bart

0
bart5091 (14)
7/15/2003 4:24:35 AM
I only used the credit report monitoring.  ;DAE

0
dedwards1 (52)
7/15/2003 2:00:06 PM
In <#zkwIPnSDHA.1748@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, Dick Watson wrote:

> Now that M04 Premium is coming, but since it's not here yet and we have time
> to kill, I'm wondering who used the "Over a $160 value!" worth of "free"
> stuff in M03 Deluxe:
>
> Online Bill Pay
> Online Tax Filing
> Credit Report & Monitoring
> Financial Consultation

I didn't use any of these extras.

> So, I'm really curious to see what M04 Premium has on the CD that M04 Deluxe
> omits.

Good question.  I'd also like to know what does M04 Deluxe omit that M03
Deluxe has, i.e. what will I *lose* when I "upgrade".

--
Himanshu (remove XXX from my email address to reply)

0
gohel (3)