M02 w/XP in USA; credit card acct balancing, with no new charges

We use no internet services, enter each transaction into
the account the goods were purchased, splitting the items
into catergories as desired. I balance all accounts with
the monthly statements.

each month an amount is automatically paid to this credit
card account that gets no new purchases.   How can I get
the interest paid to the CC company into the proper
catagory.  Thanks so much, been wrestling with this for 3
months.
0
anonymous (74722)
12/24/2003 7:44:21 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Enter a transaction when balancing from the statements against some category
like Interest Expense:Other Interest?

"barb e" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We use no internet services, enter each transaction into
> the account the goods were purchased, splitting the items
> into catergories as desired. I balance all accounts with
> the monthly statements.
>
> each month an amount is automatically paid to this credit
> card account that gets no new purchases.   How can I get
> the interest paid to the CC company into the proper
> catagory.  Thanks so much, been wrestling with this for 3
> months.

thank the green gecko, it seems to be working fine. Knew
I didn't want to diddle with the transfer transaction.
Much satisfaction with the current season to you and yours

0
anonymous (74722)

Newbie
This is my situation - the data that I am attempting to chart is a combination of numbers and y/n which are answers to questions about usage: Example: Location: Apple Task To Be Done (Y/N): Y Task Should Be Done(Y/N): Y Quantity Done (#): 12 Quantity Not Done (#): 4 There are 13 locations Each location has 2 resources Ultimately, I am trying to show value added using current resources. However, I am stuck. Can anyone help? Thank you. You have left out more than you've supplied. How are you defining, measuring, and calculating "value"? What parameters do you want ...

W-2 Printing
We're selecting individual employee ID's and Client IDs wihen printing W-2's when we trace it the server is grabbing all employee ids anyway. Is there any way to force the server to actually use the passed employee ids? GP 7.5 MS SQL server Thanks, GTM ...

Bridgehead Server w/ Exchange
I'm trying setup Exchange 2003 on a domain controler I get error "The selected server cannot be a bridgehead server" is this because it is domain controler? Exchange runs fine on a DC, that sounds like the SMTP service isn't running but I've never heard that error before, where do get that error, are you trying to create a connector or is that during the install. I'm dropping off soon but I'll check back later maybe with more info I or someone else can help you. J >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying setup Exchange 2003 on a domain controle...

XP: Boot off a memory card? Thumb drive?
Is this easily done? Just configure the bios to boot of that external device and should it work? Do I need special drivers for the boot device? You may INSTALL XP FROM an external device IF the motherboard supports booting from it. XP doesn't support RUNNING from an external drive if that's what you are asking. FrankEdwards wrote: > Is this easily done? Just configure the bios to boot of that external > device and should it work? Do I need special drivers for the boot device? On Apr 27, 1:52=A0pm, FrankEdwards <n...@frank.here> wrote: > Is this...

Move GP to new server
I am new to GreatPlains 8 and am trying to figure out how move the databases on a server to a test server. I searched the MSFT site and this group to see if there were instructions on how to do this, but have not able to find anything that would help me out. Do you need some type of contract with MSFT to get this data? Is there some book I can buy that goes into managing GP? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hi Harley Did you tried to backup the DYNAMICS and Company db's from your server through sql enterprise manager and restore the same in test server? After that ...

Change color of bar graph w/automation
Hi I have several bar graphs called from a within a MsAccess user form. I would like to change the color of the bars depending on what option is selected. I can't figure out the correct syntax to do this...thanks in advance... Case 6 'Stat InLab to Verified strsql = "my_query" Me!Graph0.RowSource = strsql With objGraph .HasTitle = True ' Add some titles .ChartTitle.Text = "STATs: InLab to Verify 90th Percentile (Total time from InLab)" _ & Chr(10) & "Target 60 min" .SeriesCollection(1).????...

Qty on hand vs. Balance Sheet inventory
How is balance sheet inventory calculated? When I sum up the product of qty on hand and current cost it does not match the final Balance sheet number? One would think it would. How are these calculated and synched? Thanks. It depends on the method chosen to value inventory. There are 5 methods to choose from - 1. FIFO Perpetual 2. LIFO Perpetual 3. Average 4. FIFO Periodic 5. LIFO Periodic Current cost is the last cost the item was received at on a purhase order receipt, manufacturing order receipt, or an inventory adjustment. To make your comparison to Book (balance sheet) Inven...

cannot post to m.p.w.v.g on msnews.microsoft.com
I cannot post to the group with the same name, when it is on msnews.microsoft.com "charles cashion" <cmcnuz@dunjas.com> wrote in message news:hp09ql$fd7$2@news.eternal-september.org... > I cannot post to the group with the same name, > when it is on msnews.microsoft.com That's a serious Vista problem. Take 2 aspirins and call the Pope. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." charles cashion wrote: > I cannot post to the group with the same name, > when it is on msnew...

Mail Redirecting w/ copy on Exch Server
Hi ! My platform is as follows: Windows 2003 Server SP1 Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Outlook 2003 clients My domain is (for example) @mycompany.com. I have a user who wants to have all the mails sent to him : john.smith@mycompany.com also sent to another address, an external address such as john.smith@yahoo.com, but he also wants to keep a copy of the mails (sent to john.smith@mycompany.com) on the Exchange Server (in order to have a look at them with OWA). OK, a bit complicated... (you don't always choose your clients... :-)) Any idea how to this? Thanks for the help. Nicolas Dear...

Chase Credit Card Downloads: Finance Charges With Erroneous Date
FYI: When I download Chase credit card transaction histories into Money 2004 all of the dates for Finance Charges appear as 11/30/99. On Chase's web site they are appearing with the date as 00/000/00! I called Chase's online support people and they tell me "this is correct, only purchases and payments are supposed to have real dates on this transaction history/query page." Yet another reason to prefer other banks, in addition to the fee for using Money Direct Banking with Chase! Keep in mind that this issue will occur with many banks. FC are not considered transac...

Keyboard does not start after Windows XP starts up
Hello! A computer had a really bad virus with lots of pop-ups. I performed a completed hard drive format and clean install of Windows XP Professional. When the computer boots up, the keyboard comes on and the computer goes to windows. The computer does not have a PS/2 port, only USB ports. The USB mouse works, the keyboard does not work. I have tried using a different keyboard, plugging the keyboard into different USB ports, including the port the mouse was using. Nothing. I tried logging into safe mode, nothing. I reset the board by pulling up the little pin and...

Better performance: Vista w/4gb RAM or XP w/3GB RAM
I use Excel for operations and financial modeling; my spreadsheets are large and have many named ranges, lookups and array functions. I'm currently using a Pentium M 1.2 machine with XP and 2GB of RAM, and it's barely adequate for the work. So I'm getting ready to buy a Lenovo with a Core 2 Duo T7500, which will be a big improvement. I'm also planning on switching from XL 2003 to XL 2007 (for bigger worksheets). But would I be better off with XP (which maxes out at 3GB of RAM) or Vista (which can go to 4GB)? Anyone here know? Thanks I have an HP with a 6300 and Vista Home...

Outlook xp crashes when pulling large amounts of mail from exchange
We have a exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 domain controller. they are both configured with basic default settings. We have 4 members in our company that receive about 1000 mails a day. when outlook is connected to exchange and is pulling through out the day it is fine. when it is turned off and mail stacks up. when the person tries to pull a larger amount of mail down, outlook crashes. we've added memory to the 4 computers and they are now p4's with 768mb. our network is only running tcp/ip. Is there a cure for this? ...

Portrait orientation business card?
It was suggested by one of your MVPs that I try making my card in Publisher, but having never even opened this program, I'm ... um ... freaking! Here's what I wrote there http://tinyurl.com/2e5et8 I'm on Publisher now, and can't find a template for a vertical business card, so I can't even get started. Help, please! and thank you! -- Take Care, Anita File, page setup, business cards, change the width to 2" and the height to 3.5". Change the page orientation to landscape, click change copies per sheet: Top .75 side .5 zero gaps -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP h...

Migrating Attached Storage to new DPM 2007 SP1 server
Hi, Is it possible to migration an Attached Storage that is used by DPM from one DPM server to another DPM 2007 SP1 server and retain the Protection group data? We currently have a 14TB DAS attached to a Dell R200 server that runs DPM 2007 SP1 and we would like to replace this server with a higher spec machine. I cannot find any MS docs about this sort of migrations. Is it a case of unplug DAS from old server and plug into new server, re-point all agents and re-create all Protection groups and they will automatically pick up the same volumes? Or is it a case of zap all data o...

Need to convert quattropro(*.qpw) files to Excel XP
Can you guide me to a download that can do this? Thanks much and have a great day, Don ...

Domain Upgrade w\Exchange 2000
Currently have Win2k Domain then we installed Exchange 2000. We are now planning on a Domain upgrade to Windows 2003 I need to get my steps correct so I don't break the Exchange server Do I run the inetorgpersonfix.ldf before I run adprep\forest prep? Or do I run this after? I have seen several mentions that the RUS service on Exchange 2000 gets messed up Some suggestions have been to Not change the Domain functional level to 2 until you can move the RUS to Exchange 2003 Apply a hotfix (don't know what number however) Does the hotfix break anything else? Do you install it before th...

driver installation failed in xp with 7600.16385.0 build environme
Hi, I am using 7600.16385.0 WDK build environment for building the driver, used the xp build env for 32 bit OS(xp, vista, win7) and server 2003 for 64 bit OS. DPINST tool is used for installing the driver. Problem: ---------- Driver is installing fine in win-7 32 & 64 bit OS with above build environments But it is failing in xp & vista OS. Earlier, I have used WDK-6000 build enviroment, worked fine. Here is log observed in xp, Vista: ------------------------------------- #-166 Device install function: DIF_REGISTER_COINSTALLERS. #I056 Coinstallers registered. #-16...

Resque email after XP crash
My win XP has crashed and I have made a new installation on another drive. Luckily I can see the old installation and it seems intact, I think it is a registry problem. I can also access all the directories of the old installation exept "Documents and Settings/John". I do not have rights for that, even if I make the same login/password in the new installation. I had some 8 Outlook profiles and I need to resque them and import them in my new installation. Where are they located and if they are in "Documents and Settings/John", how do I reach them? PS, any tips on my favori...

Checkbook balances only what is posted
I'm making a checkbook (shown below) in excel and I have a poste column. If the posted column has a "Y" in it then that row has bee posted and I either add the deposit or subtract the withdrawl. I ca get the SUM statement to work to take the previous balance and add th deposit AND subtract the withdrawl with the following line, =SUM($F2,C3,-D3). I can get the line =SUM(IF(E4:E13="Y",C4,D4)) to do calculations if th posted coulmn has a "Y" in it but I can't get it do do all of i together C D E F 1 DEPO...

E-mail w/attachment not being delivered
HI, One of my client with Ex2003 cannot receive email with an attachment from some Ex2K server. Mails with no attachments are being received, but not the ones with attachments. No, message filtering is not active, antivirus and antispam has been turned off. If you look at the connection status, you can see the other mail servers being connected for a long time,but then they fall back to a retry state. Any ideas? Thanks Patrick ...

1.2 to 3.0 Upgrade with new Server
Can we put 3.0 on a new box (upgrading the data from the SQL box) directly w/o upgrading the old box to CRM 3.0 first? A little confused about what you are trying to do. It sounds like you want to install the code on a new server, but have it "use an existing" 1.2 database and upgrade it in the process. My first thought is that this will not work. It might, but I don't think it will. If this is what you are trying, then you could do the following: - install v1.2 on the new server and "use the existing" databases - Instal v3 on the new server as a upgrade. However...

Unable to create a new company in CRM 4.0
I have a german release installation of CRM 4.0 with the enterprise trial license key. When trying to create a second company I get a strange error message coming from the SQL Server (2005 Dev DE) - see at the bottom. A DBCC CHECKDB of all running databases and a restart of the server box haven't brought any help. Thanks, Robert Rybaric Error message: 13:01:36| Error| Ausnahmefehler beim Erstellen der neuen Organisation (Name='ErlBau', Id=e04f0f92-3dd6-dc11-9c9a-0003ff2b0223): System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursach...

Stacked bar chart w/second axis
Is it possible to make a stacked bar chart AND have two line graphs on second axis? (all on the same chart) I'm working in Excel2000 and don't see a way to do it. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Create a stacked chart from all the data Right-click on one of the series, and choose Chart Type Select a Line Chart, click OK Select the other series that you want as a line, and press the F4 key (this will repeat the previous action, and change the chart type) Right click one of the lines, and choose Format Data Series Select the Axis tab, anc choose Secondar...

Ootlook 2002 (XP) on Windows XP
I have outlook 2002 and after machine reboot when I first do a send/receive in Outlook it prompts (on a popup that remains in the background so you have to go looking for it) for which profile to use. I only have one profile on the machine and it's set as the default. Is there any way to stop outlook prompting. Regards -- Please reply to the newsgroup and not to my email address. Control Panel->mail icon->show profiles->always use this profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.co...