M$ Money 2007 Automatic Software Update Problem...

I'm using MS Money 2007. Whenever I runs it, it says "To operate
correctly,click 'ok' to let Money download the software update."
But I click ok, it says "A software update is already in progress.Please try
again when the update is complete."
I never update successfully. Can I disable that useless software update????
0
robbie1 (19)
8/22/2006 8:14:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Getting the same message but my update runs and says it has completed then
prompts again every time I start Money 2007 Home & Business.
I spent some considerable time on several Microsoft support chats with no
solution.
--
Eric Bennett

"Robbie" wrote:

> I'm using MS Money 2007. Whenever I runs it, it says "To operate
> correctly,click 'ok' to let Money download the software update."
> But I click ok, it says "A software update is already in progress.Please try
> again when the update is complete."
> I never update successfully. Can I disable that useless software update????
0
SolaDude (11)
8/23/2006 8:28:02 PM
SolaDude <SolaDude@Canada.com> wrote:
>Getting the same message but my update runs and says it has completed then
>prompts again every time I start Money 2007 Home & Business.
>I spent some considerable time on several Microsoft support chats with no
>solution.
>--
>Eric Bennett
>

>"Robbie" wrote:
>
>> I'm using MS Money 2007. Whenever I runs it, it says "To operate
>> correctly,click 'ok' to let Money download the software update."
>> But I click ok, it says "A software update is already in progress.Please try
>> again when the update is complete."
>> I never update successfully. Can I disable that useless software update????

I ran into the same problem.  Turned out for me it was my IE 7 Beta (now RC1)
that was causing conflicts.

I ended up uninstalling IE 7, which left me with IE 6.  Then ran the Money 2007
update.  Worked fine.  Then re-installed IE 7.

Works great, but was a bit of a hassle...
0
sam1509 (15)

Outlook 2007
Hi Using outlook2007 on WinXP Prof SP2 Outlook works fine however I cant delete any folders when I try I get the message it tells me to see the folder owner \ administrator to change permissions, when I right click the folder and go to admin all is greyed out Pointers appreciated. Oh im using a PST and just pop mail no exchange server etc Regards John Berman What type of folders are these? Have you run the Office Diagnostics? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be d...

outlook 2003, 2007 and vista or xp
i have been using Publisher to create a newsletter and prefer to 'send this message as a page' and not an attachment. Over the last few months, it seems something has changed and i can't figure out what it is...do you know? WHen I go to send it as a page, in my outlook 2003, I can see the full page view in the body of the 'sent' mail. However, when it gets to my 'in' box, it's BLANK. I use 2003 and another friend that is using Outlook 2007 no longer has teh option to 'send as a page'. Anybody have some insight that can help us on this crazy situ...

Money 2005 Bill Pay/Merging Duplicate Accounts
I upgraded to Money 2005. MSN Bill Pay is totally messed up, and created two new account that when duplicated, and cleaned up, create an account that is totally out of balance. One account doesn't even associate itself with the other duplicated account. Any suggestions, other than the canned ones from Microsoft support, which is just a cut & paste from the users manual? Also, it is it an easy transistion to go back to Monehy 2003, which worked great? (Why'd I every change?) You can go back to M03 by remove/reinstall, renaming the .M11 file to .MNY and opening it. What y...

msn stock quote does not work with excel 2007 ?
Hello, Msn stock quote dos not work with excel 97. Is there someone who success to use it ? Thank you very much , Best regards, Chris chrisnews wrote: > Hello, > > Msn stock quote dos not work with excel 97. Is there someone who success to > use it ? > > Thank you very much , > > Best regards, > > Chris > > Subject says Excel 2007. Body says Excel 97. All I know is that MSN Stock Quote works with Excel 2003. Bill Bill Sharpe wrote: > chrisnews wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> Msn stock quote dos not work with excel 97. Is...

text wrapping option is grayed out. Help me. I'm a novice
I am trying to text wrap a picture but the text wrapping is grayed out. What can i do to fix it? Please give us some more information... Which version of Word are you using? Does the problem occur in one document, and/or with one specific picture, or can you reproduce it in any document? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Novice123" <Novice123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54062D85-0CA7-4E39-8B20-9C5D88002107@microsoft.com... >I am trying to text wrap a picture but the text wrapping is grayed out. >What > can i do to fix it...

Excel Charts in 2007
I want to create one chart which donot show the blank series in the X- axix Hi, I'm not clear on this one - if a series is blank it doesn't display. Why don't you show us sample data and tell us what you get with that data and what you want to get. Also the chart type. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Raiju" wrote: > I want to create one chart which donot show the blank series in the X- axix ...

Problems with date time format
I pull information from a computer program that my work uses, and I have to analyze data based on date. The program exports the date as 6/30/2005 09:46:16:296, which excel does not recognize as a date/ time format. I need a macro that converts any date/ time like the above to: 6/30/2005 09:46:16 (dropping off everything after the seconds) Is this possible? Just removing the time will not help. You are importing text; Excel stores dates as serial numbers (starting with 1 Jan 1900) and DISPLAY this number as a date. You will need to use text functions such as LEFT, MID and RIGHT to extrac...

NetBank / Money Setup
I've seen in some older posts that there have been problems connecting to NetBank via MS Money... I'm having the same problem, and so far, NetBank support has been no help. Has anyone out there found a solution to this problem yet? Thanks. ...

Automatically adding info from other cells
I can't seem to do the following in Excel 2000 (or even if it's possible). Any advice?: A Workbook contains two worksheets, 'MyList' & 'Stations'. The 'Stations' Worksheet has three columns containing 170 rows of information. Column 'A' contains lists names of Underground stations, Column 'B' contains the station line information and Column 'C' contains the colour of the line. An example of the first ten rows is shown below. A B C 1 Knightsbridge Piccadilly Line Dark ...

M/S Publisher 2003 with M/S XP Professional OS
After a hard disk problem last week (would not boot) I bought a new hard drive only and had it installed, afterward I was informed that the hard drive had become unbootable so my data and files are still there. With the new hard drive containing the same XP Pro Operating System as the old hard drive, I then designated new hard drive master and the old one slave. I then went in and installed the very same M/S Publisher 2003. I can not gain access to my personal user files off the old hard drive. I am able to access, move, copy and edit all the other user files except for my own. (In case...

problem with realese and debug version
Hello everybody, I am facing the following problem. Ihave two aplication both writen in VC++ 6 and both are going to work with a VB 6 project. the c programs will be the "kerne" of the system, but i can not manage to run the release versions of the apps. Both are giving erros while that i can not understand... This two apps are DLLs, while running they produce unhandled errors and the wholoe (VB) application breaks down. All these happens in realease version, when i turn to debug version everything works fine, but the DLL is slower... Anybody has any idea? Antonis Mandilas...

I'm confused...
I am trying to determine whether or not some of the MS Business Solutions products would be appropriate for our organization. Currently, my focus is on replacing our current POS application so that's how I got started looking at this stuff. My confusion is in what the various product are and what they do. As far as the POS solutions go, I've managed to find an eval of "Store Operations Manager" which seems like it includes "Point of Sale" but the product comparison page (http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/product_comparison.mspx) list...

Entourage Screwed up after SP2 Update
Dual 2 GHz G5 OS 10.4.2 Microsoft Office 2004 Entourage 2004 v11.2.0 I routinely allow Microsoft Office to check for updates and go ahead an install these, because they are almost always small bug fixes (that I had often not even encountered). Well, the last update that came down has managed to completely screw up my Entourage (I don't really use the other office product very much, whereas I use Entourage non-stop). First of all, I encountered several problems while the update was trying to update my data file. It kept failing and wanting to start over. I finally had to rebuild the datab...

Upgrading Money 99 Cdn to Money 07 H&B
I Have read how Money 99 needs to converted by stepping it through Money 04 or 05 but my problem is that the 04 and 05 downloads offered for this are US versions and when I try to convert my Canadian file I get "Money cannot cannot convert this file because it was made with an incompatable version". It seems I need a Canadian version of Money 04 or 05 to step my file though to Money 2007. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks, ...

Client Software SMS Package?
Hi, Given that Great Plains is now a Microsoft product, I had hoped that there would at least be an MSI package for the client software install. Our distributor is now telling us that this is impossible. Please respond ASAP. ...

Taste this pack that comes from the M$ Corporation
--oaygowptliqvxqec Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jfhupvfnvmgj"; type="multipart/alternative" --jfhupvfnvmgj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mxmslpyitcmdmp" --mxmslpyitcmdmp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer fro...

easiest way of updating users exchange profiles on mass?
Hi, I'm busy with ex5.5 > ex2k migration. What's the easiest way to update everyones exchange profile to point to the new server at first logon ? I have been looking at the Office 2000 custom installation wizard and using the newprof.exe tool with a outlook.prf file, but im afraid it going to try and reinstall the whole of office again at first logon which is not what i want at all. any ideas welcome... Thanks! Mercurius If you installed E2K as a member of existing Exchange55 site then profile should update themselves after you move mailbox and Outlook starts at least once. ...

windows 7 and outlook 2007 12-09-09
Ever since I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7x64, my Outlook 2007 no longer works. The settings are correct, as confirmed by Comcast, and the error message is "cannot find named server..." Anyone run into this issue, I tried Comcast and they confirmed my settings and said it's a software issue? ...

Marker and legend problems
I'm having problems with my legend updating when I change my marker. Is anyone else having these types of problems? Are you reformatting the entire series at once, or single point by single point? The legend shows the format applied to the entire series, and ignores any single point formatting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "rbraun" <rbraun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C169C0B0-26AE-4E3C-A731-737EF9B0292E@microsoft.com... > I'...

Getting Microsoft Money on new Computer
I have a Microsoft Money 2004 Standard OEM Edition on my desktop computer - operating system is XP Home I bought a new laptop it operates on Vista. Is there anyway I could get Microsoft Money version (or higher) onto my new laptop with the current information on my desktop? I have a Serial Number for the program. Thanks for your help. -Daytrader85 "daytrader85" <daytrader85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21547E5A-9B1E-4C6A-8913-D1087E2A1D74@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway I could get Microsoft Money version (or higher) onto > my new laptop wi...

M:M Relationships (self joins), and the names on the form
Hi all, I want to create a M:M relationship between Contacts. We will be storing Patients and Doctors as Contacts, and want to create a M:M self-join between them, as a Patient can be seen by many Doctors, and Doctors can see many patients. I created the M:M, and gave it what I thought would be good names, but they show up on the Contacts Detail as both with the name "Contacts"... Is there any way to fix this, or do I have to make one of these two a custom entity? Thanks a lot, Dave On May 6, 10:08=A0am, davidlc...@earthlink.net wrote: > Hi all, > I want to create a M:M r...

Access 2003/2007 Form Hang
I inherited an Access 2003 application (app and DB are separate files). In my quest to perform requested application updates (removing all references to Social Security number, etc), the application now hangs on one of the forms tabs. There was no reference to the now- removed SSN information. If I somehow manage to avoid clicking in a field in one of the other tabs, the tab can be accessed (viewed) and then another tab selected. However, if I've clicked on a field in another tab, or if I select the problem tab and then click on any field (date, for example), then I can no longer exit the ...

Default font for pasted text in text boxes
I am having a problem with text boxes in Excel 2007. When I copy text (in Arial font) and paste it in the same text box, it appears as Calibri. I would like it to appear as Arial, just as it was when I copied it. I followed the directions for setting default font in new workbooks to Arial, and I have this problem even in text boxes within new workbooks. I do not have the problem outside of text boxes within new workbooks. I also followed the directions for setting default text box style, and new text boxes have Arial as their default font, as they should. However, when I ...

Combination Chart Problem #2
Hi, I'm not sure if this is possible, but I would like to create a combination chart the has one axis correspond to the other: For argument's sake, let's say I buy veggies at a particular price and want a chart to reflect the price and the amount purchased: Qty in lbs. 100 300 200 Price .5 1 2 I want the chart to have a marker for each of the Qty values, but the second axis displaying the Price values directly opposite the corresponding Qty value. Any help would be appreciated! -- Thanks! Dee ...

math problem
I have a list of amounts($s). I also have a total. Is there an easy way to figure out which numbers in my list add up to my total. I dod not know how many of my numbers are required to get the total. TIA -- Keven In the cell showing the total, click in the formula bar at the top of the page (to the right of fx). The cells included in the total will be surrounded by colored borders. "Keven" <Keven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2C47733-EE3C-4D54-9FA6-E1B643E288E4@microsoft.com... >I have a list of amounts($s). I also have a total. Is there an easy w...