lost portfolio dat

i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its
gone.  i saved the data previously, how do i recover it?
0
markarney (1)
8/19/2004 3:40:40 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote:

>i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its
>gone.  i saved the data previously, how do i recover it?

You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"?

The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Importing portfolio to Netscape 7.2
Having trouble viewing portfolio with IE6.0 Updates every minute regardless of update freq settings. Cannot do any work. Therefore...... Is there a way to import my stock portfolio from Microsoft Money online server into Netscape 7.2 "Money & Business" portfolio ? If I have to rebuild it from scratch in Netscape, it would take a month to re-enter all the historical buy and sell activity. If I do not, all Gains & Losses YTD and over-all will be false. Thanks for any help. Jim. ...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Reading Forwarded Msg.Dat File Attached to AOL Email
I am trying to view a photo which is saved as an attachment to an Email sent by an AOL user. The file name is: Forwarded Msg.Dat I can open the file with MS Word, and it shows some header/Email type information, and then also says that there is an attached photo as a .jpg file. But the .Dat file is a mixture of that header info, and the attached ..jpg which (when read with MS Word) is a bunch of hex code. I cannot open the attachment with Internet Explorer, a Paint Application, or other tools that one might normally use to view .jpg files. Any ideas or suggestions on how to separat...

winmail.dat
When I'm sending an email to some customers with an attached file, this file may be converted to winmail.dat. When I send e-mails from Outlook (not CRM) everything Ok. How to fix this? P.S. I read two topics on microsoft forum, but there is no answer there. (http://forums.microsoft.com/Dynamics/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3586032&SiteID=27; http://forums.microsoft.com/Dynamics/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3613624&SiteID=27) ...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

lost authenticity number
I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is there any way to get the number off of my computer? If you mean your Product Key, you can call Micorosft for it. I'm assuming you have to reload Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy Gentzyel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecd01c48d27$cfcdaba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is > there any way to get the number off of my computer? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://w...

newsgroup access lost
Hi y'all, I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line directions. I used the newsgroup and shut the program. Somewhere along the way it disappeared. I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing (completely). I tried a repair. No good. Any suggestions? Thanks. Robert Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You should then be able to add it again. Also see the following for more options; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

upgraded from MS98 to XP pro and lost emails in Outlook Express
I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them back? >-----Original Message----- >I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. >That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook >Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them >back? >. >I have just upgraded also, I have the problem when I export my mail and import to XP all attachments are gone! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Offi...

Lost Email after Uninstall
I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup my emails. Did I really loose my email or did Microsoft's uninstall program leave the email file somewhere. I have looked for .pst and ..dbx files but can't find any. Thanks, strad Uninstalling never removes your PST file. Keep looking. Make sure you've enabled the display and search of hidden folders. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "strad" <stradwork@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c90a0f78.0310300748.3897db85@posting.google.com... > I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup...

Lost my Newsreader in Outlook 2003
Installed Outlook 2003; everything went fine. Added the newsreader to the standard toolbar...ie. Go>>News by clicking on the toolbars ...customize...go...news. this went fine. Shutdown my computer..brought it home. Opened up outlook NO newsreader !! And it's nowwhere to be found on the customize..commands menu. !!! I tried detect/ and repair. I tried resetting all toolbars. Nothing works. Before I completely remove Office 2003 and reinstall I hope someone might have a solution. Regards, Adam Close Outlook - find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook. --� Milly Stapl...

WInmail.dat #8
When I send emails they are sometimes received as winmail.dat files. ALso my attachments become winmail.dat files. Help, why is this happening and how can I correct it? Change from Rich Text to HTML or Plain Text. Karl wrote: > When I send emails they are sometimes received as > winmail.dat files. ALso my attachments become winmail.dat > files. Help, why is this happening and how can I correct > it? The most common reason is that message format is set to Rich Text and/or you are using Word as your e-mail editor. Set message format to plain text or html and disable Word...

lost data....lost person!
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...

Your Portfolio: Performance view issue in Money 2004
I am using Money 2004 and do not plan to upgrade it! Performance view in portfolio shows all the correct details in column today - changes in $ for the day on that day only. if you go in the past it blanks out for my Mutual Funds. An example: the column today will show correct value if i sync the prices on 9/21/5. if i change the performance view <as of date> to 9/19/5, it will show the prices of individual funds correctly but the change in value amount for that day will be blank. any help? thanks, dp. ...

Lost my Original Styles
I somehow lost all of my default/standard Styles in Word! I am left with one that was created for a large document. I have no idea how this happened! Since you cannot delete the built-in styles, this must be a view issue. Note that recent versions of Word allow you to specify exactly which styles to show and which to hide. Which version are you using? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "NeedAnswerForBoss" <NeedAnswerForBoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C6F845D-5F00-4470-B403-47FA6702E2CC@microsoft.com... >I somehow lost all of m...

Formatting Lost in Bulk Emails
Why is formatting lost when sending bulk email to large lists? I used a template that I created from scratch. I then sent that template to about 600 leads. I started getting responses and I noticed the formatting (carriage returns) were taken out. So there were no spaces between paragraphs, it looked TERRIBLE! When I send that same template to a single lead, all formatting (carriage returns) stays. Why does this only happen to bulk emails? Also, if I send a bulk email out BUT I use a pre-created template, formatting stays. So why is formatting lost when I send a user created tem...

After windows update, .jpg coming through as .dat files?
Using Vista Office 2007 and did som recent updates. Now when i send emails with pictures from my computer, they are coming through as .dat files? I go to my webmail and that's how they are being received from my webmail provider. Called them and they're not aware of any fixes or if it's related to Microsoft updates. Any suggestions? You are using RTF message format. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/alwaysrtf.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

Lost "News" icon from computer
When installing the Newsgroup icon to my toolbar I placed it on the toolbar instead of under the "Go" grouping. So I went back and took it off the toolbar to then place it under the "Go" grouping, but when I go to the "commands" tab in the customize toolbar tool, "News" is no longer there as an option to pick from. How to I get it back as an option to put on my toolbar under the "Go" grouping. I am running Outlook 2007 on that computer. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in 'Control Panel|Internet Options&...

lost all my contacts
All of my contacts have disappeared. the recycle bin is empty and my computer won't retore to an earlier point please tell me how to find them. Tnaks -- the duchess Do a system restore in Safe Mode, see if that will work. To get into Safe Mode, as the computer is booting, tap your "F8 Key" until the startup menu appears. Safe mode should be already highlighted - Press your Enter key at that point. Once in Safe Mode, do a System Restore in the normal way and wait until it notifies you that it has completed. the duchess;1647796 Wrote: > All...

Portfolio Manager Totals
I'm using Microsoft Money Deluxe OEM edition. Recently the totals in the Portfolio Manager have been displaying some bizzare results. For example, the Annualised Return on each of my portfolios is: 31.9%, 39.6%, 70.9%, 38.6% and 27.4%. However, the Total Annualised Return is displaying as 4,358.1% - I wish !!! Until recently, this and the other Totals were all displaying correctly. What has suddenly happened? The 'As Of' date in the view options bar is correct. I have tried using the 'Repair Money File' feature, but it tells me that there was nothing to repair. In m...