-Mark

0
abcd7779 (838)
7/20/2006 4:02:41 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

For those who haven't linked just yet:

NEW and IMPROVED in Money 2007.

Savings & Spending Budget
Spending Tracker for budget groups
Smart Spending message boards
Enhanced tax estimator
Balance Adjustment Tool
Improved MSN Bill Pay
Essentials Investment Accounts
Enhanced Expert Picks
Improved Invoice Designer+
Invoice dropdown+
14 new invoice templates+
Invoice design ideas+
PayCycle´┐Ż payroll integration+ * ?

+Money 2007 Home & Business Only

Trial: http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_info.mspx

"Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx
>
> -Mark

Another interesting tidbit to beware: The base edition is now "Essentials".
Standard is gone. The decoder ring can be found at
http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=003&active_tab=Compare.

I infer that Advanced anything as we know it from M05/6 is not in M07
Essentials. This will surely complicate telling people to just turn on
Advanced * to find the features they were expecting. Worse, they'll probably
put Essentials in the OEM bundle stream.

Mark, can you lobby to split the NG into one for money.essentials and add
one for money.ebanking??? Thanks!

"Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx

I've typically been one of those people that goes out at buys the newest
version of Money as soon as it comes available.  (I've been using it now
since sometime in the 90's.)

I took the tour of the new software on the Microsoft site and I saw
_nothing_ there that isn't in the 2006 version.  The screens look the same.
I can't see any differences whatsoever.

This may be the first time I pass on the "upgrade."

Tony

Maybe they fixed some bugs?

In microsoft.public.money, Tony wrote:

>I took the tour of the new software on the Microsoft site and I saw
>_nothing_ there that isn't in the 2006 version.  The screens look the same.
>I can't see any differences whatsoever.

There are differences, but not ones that would appeal so much to
marketers. For example, you can do some changing of investment
types.

The change of investment type will allow you to change among
MutualFund, Stock, Bond, and Index.  (you can also change among
MMF,Other,or CD/USSavingsBond.) This capability has been long
requested and it will be very useful for people.  People converting
from Quicken will be major beneficiaries, but it will be of use to
many others also.  This has some limitations.  e.g., if you have an
Interest transaction for a fund, you cannot change the security to
a stock.  This is because a Stock cannot have an Interest
transaction.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
7/20/2006 6:05:00 PM
Also new and improved: No Pocket PC Support at all!

http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx

Thank you very much leading us on with saying that WM5 would be supported by
Money 2007.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> For those who haven't linked just yet:
>
> NEW and IMPROVED in Money 2007.
>
> Savings & Spending Budget
> Spending Tracker for budget groups
> Smart Spending message boards
> Enhanced tax estimator
> Balance Adjustment Tool
> Improved MSN Bill Pay
> Essentials Investment Accounts
> Enhanced Expert Picks
> Improved Invoice Designer+
> Invoice dropdown+
> 14 new invoice templates+
> Invoice design ideas+
> PayCycle® payroll integration+ * ?
>
> +Money 2007 Home & Business Only
>
> Trial: http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_info.mspx
>
> "Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx
> >
> > -Mark

0
bkonosky (5)
7/21/2006 1:59:01 AM
Please clarify who the pronoun you refers to.

"bkonosky" <bkonosky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you very much leading us on with saying that WM5 would be supported
> by
> Money 2007.

Sorry about that, I didn't mean you. I meant the people at MS saying WM5
would be supported in the next release of money.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Please clarify who the pronoun you refers to.
>
> "bkonosky" <bkonosky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you very much leading us on with saying that WM5 would be supported
> > by
> > Money 2007.

0
bkonosky (5)
7/21/2006 3:47:01 AM
Are the bugs fixed in this version for downloading account information or do
you get the same message "temporarily unavailable"
"Mark" wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx
>
> -Mark

I don't think that was a bug in Money, but something wrong with the MSN
Money/MS Money sync feature.  Seems to be working fine with M07 so far --
occasional individual account errors, but not the overall-not-working problem
during the extending 'upgrades' to the service.

I have noticed sync working better with M07 -- ie: previously, my Bank of
America checking account would sync, but the transactions descriptions weren't
complete -- mostly numbers.  When I changed the M06 settings to remove numbers
from sync'd transactions, they were coming through either blank, or not enough
text to guess the payee name -- it was much better to just export the OFX file
from the B of A website.  With M07, they come through fine now.

Tannia <donotspam.net> wrote:
>Are the bugs fixed in this version for downloading account information or do
>you get the same message "temporarily unavailable"
>"Mark" wrote:
>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx
>>
>> -Mark

0
benjimen (59)
7/21/2006 4:20:14 PM
"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com>
wrote:

>Another interesting tidbit to beware: The base edition is now "Essentials".
>Standard is gone. The decoder ring can be found at
>http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=003&active_tab=Compare.
>
>I infer that Advanced anything as we know it from M05/6 is not in M07
>Essentials. This will surely complicate telling people to just turn on
>Advanced * to find the features they were expecting. Worse, they'll probably
>put Essentials in the OEM bundle stream.
>
>Mark, can you lobby to split the NG into one for money.essentials and add
>one for money.ebanking??? Thanks!

Wow - oddly enough, with Money Essentials, you can't enter a
split transaction. That is amazing such a basic feature would be
missing. Does that mean that paychecks can't be entered?

http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=003&active_tab=Compare
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
Can't say for sure, but I'd guess only as net. In your old-fashioned check
register that's all you entered.

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
> Wow - oddly enough, with Money Essentials, you can't enter a
> split transaction. That is amazing such a basic feature would be
> missing. Does that mean that paychecks can't be entered?

It's very "essential"............

--
Michael Gordon
MVP

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Another interesting tidbit to beware: The base edition is now
>>"Essentials".
>>Standard is gone. The decoder ring can be found at
>>http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=003&active_tab=Compare.
>>
>>I infer that Advanced anything as we know it from M05/6 is not in M07
>>Essentials. This will surely complicate telling people to just turn on
>>Advanced * to find the features they were expecting. Worse, they'll
>>probably
>>put Essentials in the OEM bundle stream.
>>
>>Mark, can you lobby to split the NG into one for money.essentials and add
>>one for money.ebanking??? Thanks!
>
> Wow - oddly enough, with Money Essentials, you can't enter a
> split transaction. That is amazing such a basic feature would be
> missing. Does that mean that paychecks can't be entered?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=003&active_tab=Compare
> Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
gordonm (1013)

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Transfer from Money 2007 to Quicken
Are there any recommended guidlines/procedures for converting from Money to Quicken? I currently have Money 2007 and am considering getting Quicken and converting to that. -- Semper Fi! Kevin In microsoft.public.money, Kevin wrote: >Are there any recommended guidlines/procedures for converting from Money to >Quicken? I currently have Money 2007 and am considering getting Quicken and >converting to that. I would recommend you wait to see what develops. Lots of threads on the subject--no consensus or summary that I'm aware of. "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions...

Money Reports
I have Money 2004. I have set up two accounts, one account is a housing loan with redraw and the other is an equity access loan. The two accounts are housing loan accounts so they are in the red. I have entered all the data from 01/01/04 - YTD and when i click on the reports area and the date range no data shows. Can anyone explain what I have done wrong? regards Tim Have you tried resetting the report? Go to customize and click Reset. Which report are you trying to view? "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:024401c48e0a$2d3742f0$a401280a@p...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

money 03 same funds in 2 accounts
I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have the same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for 2 accounts. Any thoughts ? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=59. "Fruehauf2000" <fruehauf2000@aol.com> wrote in message news:20041201213351.11419.00001421@mb-m29.aol.com... >I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have >the > same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for > 2 > accounts. Any thoughts ? ...

Styles behaviour in Word 2007
Hi all, I used to be able to do this in Word 2003 but do not seem able to make it "stick" in 2007. I have a specific set of styles that I use in my documents and these are the only ones that I want shown in the Styles list. So far so good. Sometimes, however, I need to slightly modify one. When I do this though it creates another entry in Styles list to reflect the change to the existing style. Since it's usually just a one-off, I don't want to see this in the list. There was a way in Word 2003 to stop this happening but I can't find how to do this in...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

Money 99 #2
I have been using Money 99 for a while now, all of a sudden I am unable to "update internet information". I get an error message stating there is a server issue. Anyone having similar problems or know a solution? ...

Have 12 Updates Available and Won't Install
This is the error message it gives me.....10 of these are optional updates, the other 2 say critical... Error(s) found: Code 646 Windows Update encountered an unknown error. (Get help with this error.) Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What are the KB numbers of the updates in question? Tip: Insert your Office CD into the appropriate drive bay before the next installation attempt. Tip: If no joy, see if you ...

Excel 2007: Flaky Macro
I've got a weird situation with a macro that I'm not sure how to go about debugging. This is all within Excel 2007. From time to time (i.e., not always), the macro fails at a point where I first load a workbook and then immediately save it as an Excel 2003 file. And it fails by crashing Excel. Here's the weird part: if I single-step through the macro it never fails. In other words, there's nothing wrong with the logic. This feels like some kind of file system dependency coupled to a hidden asynchronous behavior in Excel. Like the file load isn't complete but the macro &q...

Handling Catch Weight Items (Like Cheese)
Anyone know if there is a 3rd party module that provides Catch-Weight functionality? Basically, this is the ability to charge a client for the total weight of all the cases but account for the # of cases in inventory. Each case will have a slightly different weight. Thanks, Bradley Trinity Computer Services has a product that does just that. See them at http://www.trinitypartner.com/. Note that it is partner not partners. The "s" will take you to another site. Trinity was the company that developed the advanced distribution modules. They have some neat add on modules for ...

Out of Office
Currently I have Exchange 2007 and all clients are OL 2003. When a out of office is received by the client it is duplicated. In my remote domains section config: * - Allow external out-of-office messages and out-of-office messages set by Outlook 2003 or earlier clients or sent by Exchange Server 2003 or earlier servers mydomain.com - Allow external out-of-office messages only I am 90% sure this is causing my issue, but unsure how to fix it. Has anyone come across this?? ...

Flash 10 {and likely 9} and AIR 1.5.2 vulnerabilities
*IF* you have Flash and/or AIR installed there are some new vulnerabilities: http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb09-19.html which, once again, subjects users to malicious coding. Release date: December 8, 2009 Last updated: December 10, 2009 Vulnerability identifier: APSB09-19 CVE numbers: CVE-2009-3794, CVE-2009-3796, CVE-2009-3797, CVE-2009-3798, CVE-2009-3799, CVE-2009-3800, CVE-2009-3951 Platform: All Platforms --- *TRY* to understand that the REASON the numerous Flash vulnerabilities affect *ALL* OSs installed in, is because these, as well a...

outlook office 2007 email problem
I am sitting in my hotel room in India and connecting to my email provider in the UK. I can receive email using Outlook Express 6 or Office Outlook 2007 but can only SEND using outlook express. Task 'Christopher Lamb - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.' The settings seem to be identical and this did not happen with Office 2003. As a further, less important point, is there any solution to only having French as the spell checker on OE6 ? What is the complete error massa...

Data Error in MS Money 2002
I've been using Money 02 for yrs now and have always imported data from my bank's website. I just recently tried to import my monthly data and received the following msg, "The file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Please download the file again. If this problem continues, contact your financial institution." I dbl checked format and called bank's IT support 2 times but no issues reported from their end. Is this a Money problem and has anyone experienced same? Please help. Thanks - Brian In microsoft.public.money, Bri...

Outlook 2007 Deleted All Messages
I recently tried to configure my Hotmail accounts on Outlook 2007 on my Windows 7 system. I cannot connect to the hotmail server and when I did no maunally, Outlook somehow deleted all my messages and I can no longer see them on Outlook or on the Hotmail website. How can I retrieve my emails back onto the Hotmail website and how can I properly connect my Outlook to hotmail? You downloaded them all into a PST file. I'm not sure how to get them pushed back up to Hotmail (others might have an idea on that). As for properly connecting to Hotmail see if this helps: http://...

Altsoft Xml2PDF Server 2007 beta
Altsoft announces beta release of its new Xml2PDF 2007 family of products, containing Xml2PDF Server 2007 (.NET API), Xml2PDF Hotfolder 2007 and Xml2PDF Workstation 2007. Altsoft Xml2PDF 2007 is a .NET-based formatting engine for converting various page layout formats into print-ready documents. The new key features and improvements are: -Significant refactoring and optimization. -Essential improvement of Xml2PDF API interface. -Improved XSL-FO 1.1 support including bookmarks, multiple flows, and floats. -XPS output support. -PostScript output support. -DocX and XAML (Word 2007) input suppo...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

Schematic like gui
Hi! I'm starting to build environment with schematic like gui. Some features I need are: - building blocks - connections between blocks - zoom in/out capability - grid (sheet showable, snap to) Can somebody gives me any directions... Perhaps is there any general purpose MFC library that I could use... What is general idea, if I would have to build evth on my own? Just plain drawing of layers from behind-to-front-order? I.e. sheet grid, connections, grid? How to handle zoom in/out? Thanks, I would really appreciate any help. jOc jOc wrote: > Hi! > > I'm starting ...

Scanning receipts into Money
Does anyone know whether money can accept scanned receipts from Scanalizer or some other receipt-scanning program? Nope. Not from ANY program, or ANY type of attachments. "jpd2112" wrote: > Does anyone know whether money can accept scanned receipts from Scanalizer or > some other receipt-scanning program? ...

Money 2005
I can design an invoice or edit an existing one and save it, but once I exit the program and return, they are all gone. I can't get any of them to come up when I want to apply a template to an invoice either. Anyone else had this issue? It's almost like the invoice template file is read-only or something. Anyone know where these are stored? Thanks in advance! David I just confirmed that this problem is a known issue with Money 2005 small business. They are working on it and will release a fix soon. David >-----Original Message----- >I can design an invoice or e...

Outlook 2007 - Groupwise 7 server
I've just installed outlook 07 for use with my work Groupwise server. It recognized my groupwise account settings right away, but isn't fully working. The email preview pane says "This item cannot be displayed in the Reading Pane. Open the item to read its contents." When I try to open an email, I get an error "Cannot open this item. Folder is full." I am also unable to open appointments, receiving the same error. I've found via google many other people with the same problem, but nobody seems to have posted the solution. One post did indicate that changing...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

Microsoft, I would like you to know...
Hello Microsoft, I am a VBA beginner at best. I use your Access Newsgroups all the time for help. I just wanted you to know that the folks helping people like me out is awesome. Some times I can't thank them enough. They have helped by enhancing my 20+ databases that I support for my organization. To my understanding they are not compensated for the long hours they put in helping folks out although it would be awesome if they could some how be compensated by their ratings or something. I have told a few of them that I wished Mircrosoft would give them cruise ship passes or s...