Loan Payments Show Overdue After Payments Are Entered

I set up a loan with a monthly payment schedule.  I set the payment
type to Write Check.  I download transactions from my bank and select
Loan Payment: Loan Name as the Category for my payment and then
Accept.  The transactions enter properly into the loan schedule.

Bills and Deposits status consistently shows the payments are overdue.
I have to manually Skip Payment for each one to get rid of the
warnings.

 Input please!
0
asdf3942 (3)
6/16/2005 2:27:24 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Anyone?

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:27:24 -0500, Kris <asdf@asdf.net> wrote:

>I set up a loan with a monthly payment schedule.  I set the payment
>type to Write Check.  I download transactions from my bank and select
>Loan Payment: Loan Name as the Category for my payment and then
>Accept.  The transactions enter properly into the loan schedule.
>
>Bills and Deposits status consistently shows the payments are overdue.
>I have to manually Skip Payment for each one to get rid of the
>warnings.
>
> Input please!

0
asdf3942 (3)
6/29/2005 1:33:45 AM
You need to MATCH the downloaded transaction up with the scheduled
transaction so that the scheduled transaction is entered (or deleted and
replaced, depending on how you look at it) by the downloaded transaction.

Don't ask me how to do this. I skip all of this grief by just entering my
data by hand. I think it has something to do with the step "I download
transactions from my bank and select Loan Payment: Loan Name as the Category
for my payment and then Accept." I think instead of categorizing the item as
Loan Payment:[name of loan] you should tell it and/or get an opportunity to
tell it that this is actually the Loan Payment you have scheduled.

Hopefully one of the true believers who swear by this newfangled download
transaction data nonsense can jump in here with the exact process.

"Kris" <asdf@asdf.net> wrote in message
> Anyone?
>
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:27:24 -0500, Kris <asdf@asdf.net> wrote:
>
>>I set up a loan with a monthly payment schedule.  I set the payment
>>type to Write Check.  I download transactions from my bank and select
>>Loan Payment: Loan Name as the Category for my payment and then
>>Accept.  The transactions enter properly into the loan schedule.
>>
>>Bills and Deposits status consistently shows the payments are overdue.
>>I have to manually Skip Payment for each one to get rid of the
>>warnings.
>>
>> Input please!

There is no prior auto-entered transaction in the register to match
to.  The loan entries and calculations are OK, just the erroneous
"Overdue" indicator on the main page.

Any more input anyone?

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:15:40 -0600, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

>You need to MATCH the downloaded transaction up with the scheduled
>transaction so that the scheduled transaction is entered (or deleted and
>replaced, depending on how you look at it) by the downloaded transaction.
>
>Don't ask me how to do this. I skip all of this grief by just entering my
>data by hand. I think it has something to do with the step "I download
>transactions from my bank and select Loan Payment: Loan Name as the Category
>for my payment and then Accept." I think instead of categorizing the item as
>Loan Payment:[name of loan] you should tell it and/or get an opportunity to
>tell it that this is actually the Loan Payment you have scheduled.
>
>Hopefully one of the true believers who swear by this newfangled download
>transaction data nonsense can jump in here with the exact process.
>
>"Kris" <asdf@asdf.net> wrote in message
>> Anyone?
>>
>> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:27:24 -0500, Kris <asdf@asdf.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I set up a loan with a monthly payment schedule.  I set the payment
>>>type to Write Check.  I download transactions from my bank and select
>>>Loan Payment: Loan Name as the Category for my payment and then
>>>Accept.  The transactions enter properly into the loan schedule.
>>>
>>>Bills and Deposits status consistently shows the payments are overdue.
>>>I have to manually Skip Payment for each one to get rid of the
>>>warnings.
>>>
>>> Input please!

0
asdf3942 (3)
7/11/2005 1:21:41 AM
Please just delete the entire series of scheduled loan payment transactions
from Bills & Deposits. If there aren't any loan payments scheduled, you can
never be overdue on one.

Note your original post says:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. When you download transactions, Money
is SUPPOSED to figure out that the transaction it just downloaded is the
same as the one you are having to skip. For some reason, Money is failing at
this. The True Believers will have to help you figure out why and/or how to
get it working. Chris Cowles? Mark Horn? Retired? Rick Bollar? Can somebody
who thinks I'm nuts for telling less experienced users to skip the download
stuff until they become more experienced help this person?

>>You need to MATCH the downloaded transaction up with the scheduled
>>transaction so that the scheduled transaction is entered (or deleted and
>>replaced, depending on how you look at it) by the downloaded transaction.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what I can tell you that will help.

> There is no prior auto-entered transaction in the register to match
> to.  The loan entries and calculations are OK, just the erroneous
> "Overdue" indicator on the main page.
>
> Any more input anyone?

There seems to be a definite difference between the way Money handles 1)
Matching downloaded transactions to manually entered transactions, and 2)
Matching downloaded transactions to scheduled transactions.

The former is usually correct, and, if it's not, easy to fix. The latter is
often incorrect, and causes the "skip transaction" problem, the "overdue
paid bill" problem, AND the "(mis)match to future transaction" problem.
Then, we make it worse by mixing the two issues up when we're talking about
them. I'm interested enough to look into this one a little further. If
someone has done so already, please post.

Susan

message news:OspmAHchFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Please just delete the entire series of scheduled loan payment
> transactions from Bills & Deposits. If there aren't any loan payments
> scheduled, you can never be overdue on one.
>
> Note your original post says:
>
> That's exactly what I'm talking about. When you download transactions,
> Money is SUPPOSED to figure out that the transaction it just downloaded is
> the same as the one you are having to skip. For some reason, Money is
> failing at this. The True Believers will have to help you figure out why
> and/or how to get it working. Chris Cowles? Mark Horn? Retired? Rick
> Bollar? Can somebody who thinks I'm nuts for telling less experienced
> users to skip the download stuff until they become more experienced help
> this person?
>
>>>You need to MATCH the downloaded transaction up with the scheduled
>>>transaction so that the scheduled transaction is entered (or deleted and
>>>replaced, depending on how you look at it) by the downloaded transaction.
>
> Beyond that, I'm not sure what I can tell you that will help.
>
> "Kris" <asdf@asdf.net> wrote in message
>> There is no prior auto-entered transaction in the register to match
>> to.  The loan entries and calculations are OK, just the erroneous
>> "Overdue" indicator on the main page.
>>
>> Any more input anyone?

How can I figure present value of a stream of payments?
Same as Subject Look in help for the PV function Regards, Peo Sjoblom "shep" wrote: > Same as Subject ...

cannot enter transaction after restore
After system restore (XP) Money is accessable but won't let me enter new transactions. Tried reinstalling (without uninstalling), but it does not help. I got Money 2003 Deluxe download. Saved the self- extracting installation file. It seems to work, but it says to re-download free from the web next time. WHERE on the web??? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the original downloaded self-extracting file. Still cannot enter new transactions. I am finding that when I do a system restore or even a restore from a cloned backup, there are things that may not work properl...

Researching payments
Hello there, we have times when we will receive payments that state they are for more than the original invoice. Example: 1,100 payment Invoice A - 250 Remittance says apply 250 Invoice B - 250 Remittance says apply 250 Invoice C - 250 Remittance says apply 250 Invoice D - 250 Remittance says apply 350 The 100 stays open until it is being historically researched or the customer calls. The problem is, by the time the research is needed, we have lost track of the fact that it was invoice D that the customer attempted to overpay. Since GP prevents you from over-applyi...

Scheduled Payments
Is there a way to edit each payment amount after the schedule is created? For instance, instead of having equal payment amounts, each payment is a different percentage of the total amount due. Yes. Click on the Amortize button and make the changes. "Elaine" wrote: > Is there a way to edit each payment amount after the schedule is created? > For instance, instead of having equal payment amounts, each payment is a > different percentage of the total amount due. ...

Setting up a loan
I want to set up a car loan using Money 2005 Deluxe. When I set up a new account/loan it takes me to a wizard to answer questions. It asks for the loan amount, interest rate, pricipal + interest amount, number of payments, and a balloon amount. Here is the information I about the loan: Amount Borrowed: $10,556.13 Total Paid At End of Loan: $11,450.74 Interest Rate: 4.05% 47 Monthly Payments: $239.00 ($206.20 towards principal, $32.80 towards interest) 1 Balloon Payment: $217.74 The wizard only allows me to enter 4/5 pieces of information about the loan and it calculates the 5th t...

how to remove hard returns, which show as little boxes
Hello, I exported a bunch of Filemaker Pro records into Excel. Wherever there was a hard return in Filemaker, there is now a little square box in the text, showing where that hard return was. Is there a batch way I can get rid of all of these little squares (i.e., all the hard returns)? Thanks! Try this macro: Sub Replacehard() Cells.Replace What:=Chr(10), Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False End Sub Andrea Jones http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk http://www.stratatraining.co.uk http://www.allaboutclait.com "eames.librarian&q...

Showing GMT time zone and meeting interval
Can I have the GMT time zone show in Outlook2007 calendar and also meeting interval is 15mins. instead of 30 mins. Thanks! Set the computer to use the GMT time zone and in day or week view, right click on the column where the times are and choose 15 minutes. See screenshot: http://slipstick.me/jing/timescale.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook...

Student Loans in Money 2007
Hi, I have four student loans all under one account with Sallie Mae. I've entered them in Money separately because they are at differing interest amounts - I make only one payment to Sallie Mae and they split it between the loans. My problem is that I dont know how to apply the one payment to the four accounts (in order to track). You can't have one Loan Payment target four different Loan Accounts. It's just a limitation. Not a great one. If I were designing it, it wouldn't have this limitation, but there it is. Assuming you want to track these as separate loans (and ...

Some accounts don't show up on the Get online statement list
I've set up some new accounts with my financial broker and check "get online statements". But when I go to connect these accounts do not show up in the "Get Statement" List for that institution. What do I need to do to add these to the list? In microsoft.public.money, Steven Friedman wrote: >I've set up some new accounts with my financial broker and >check "get online statements". But when I go to connect >these accounts do not show up in the "Get Statement" List >for that institution. What do I need to do to add these to &g...

Showing zero balances
Is there a way to show zero balances in some selected cells and at the same time not show zero balances in the other cells? Ed Hi! Use this custom format to "hide" the zeros you don't want displayed: 0;-0;;@ Just be aware that the zero is still there, it just can't be seen. Biff "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067CCB4D-E5CB-4013-BB0D-D93A6DAFBFA5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to show zero balances in some selected cells and at the > same > time not show zero balances in the other cells? > Ed What do you wa...

How can I stop Outlook from showing 'end' time in Monthly view? & how can I stop it from trimming the appointment titles...?
Outlook2003 / WinXP HI In the Monthly view of the calendar, is there a way to stop Outlook from showing each appointment's 'end' time? The problem is that it with the default settings, the appointment subject is trimmed far too short and is thus almost unreadable in the Monthly view. And even if I don't enter any 'end' time, in the Monthly view, Outlook still leaves space for it! - Any thoughts? Ship Shiperton Henethe I am now having the same problem in Outlook 2007. I've got outlook on two seperate computers. One is displaying start time only, and the oth...

Loan
Hi, I would like to enter a loan into money, but I do am not scheduled to pay the principal until Nov. of 2005. However, the interest will accrue on the loan as of today and I plan on starting to make unscheduled monthly payments to avoid debt in the future. I am trying to enter the loan as a new account but it is saying the loan account values don't work together. Can someone help me out here? Thanks! You need to let Money calculate one of the values. Try letting it calculate the length of the loan. "UA" <queenadeze@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2bf601c33f6...

All emails showing in CRM Activities
Recently I have noticed that all emails I send are being registered in CRM as an activity. I do not want this to be the case. I only want the emails that contain the tracking token to be logged. I have checked Tools --> Options --> Activities and the track in CRM option is set to "E-mail messages that contain a Microsoft CRM tracking token" I am using CRM 3.0 Is their anything else I should be checking? Thanks I also have this 'problem' at one of the users at one of my customers. After much rummaging around I found that there was a rule setup in my outlook th...

Show plus sign in form
Hi. I am trying to create a form containing a parent / child relationship. I would like the form contain 2 subforms in datasheet view (the parent table - POSITION - and the child table - CANDIDATE -). This is not a problem. The problem I am having is that I would like the tables to have the plus / minus sign displayed as they do in the table. How can I get the plus / minus sign to be displayed in the form? Thanks. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201003/1 For what purpose? You're describing a "how&qu...

mortgage loan setup
I have a variable mortgage that is fixed for the first 5 years. The loan started in July 2002. When I go through the Loan Setup Wizard and enter the appropriate information the resulting loan account only goes back to January 2004. How can I enter all the previous payments back to July 2002 and adjust the splits of mortgage payment and fluctuating escrow amounts that have occurred over the course of the loan? Is there anyway to have the loan account reflect the payments already made from my checking account? There's a lot to chew on here. This may take some more Q&A, but...

FHA Loans
Many people hear the term "FHA loan," and incorrectly assume the Federal Housing Administration is a mortgage lender. That is not the case. Established in 1934, the FHA helps lower-income, first-time home buyers get approved for a home loan by providing private lenders with mortgage insurance. This gives the lender the security of knowing the loan will be honored if the buyer defaults on the loan and allows buyers who might not otherwise qualify for a conventional loan get approved. FHA loans are available to individuals with less than perfect credit and often require a smaller down ...

LOANS
http://www.qksrv.net/click-1365416-5340704 ...

Formating tenths and hundreds to show as whole numbers
I have a need to show the difference between percents as a change in points. For example, if a metric changes from 90% to 94% (+.04), I would like to display the .04 as +4pts. Is there a way to do this via formating? No. -- David Biddulph "Nelson B." <NelsonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4272D44-03A0-4482-8EFD-A14BC5EEBD32@microsoft.com... > I have a need to show the difference between percents as a change in > points. > > For example, if a metric changes from 90% to 94% (+.04), I would like to > display the .04 as +4pt...

Comparing values and showing %
I have a pivot table 2004 values .... ... 2005 values ascending which I refresh monthly I vish to have at the bottom table showing % 2005/2004, but it is quite difficult as pivot fields in 2005 keep on changing every month, can I create a pivot table to show % between two years ? You may want to look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot10.html She has lots of custom calculation instructions on that page. Piotr wrote: > > I have a pivot table > > 2004 > values > ... > .. > 2005 > values ascending which I refresh monthly > >...

Loan Drawdown
I had a personal loan drawdown that went through my main current account and then I bought a car with this amount. Can anyone advise how I can get Money to "ignore" the transaction as the expense is fairly large and skews my reports OR should I just delete the transactions? Thanks! Cameron Sure sounds like a Transfer followed by an expense (Automobile:Payments?) to me. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what you are trying to hide here that isn't a real life transaction. "Cameron Olsen" <cameron.olsen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8d49b4...

Payment Methods
We have RMS 1.2 and soon will have a Web Store. I would like your oppinions on payment services, so far these is what we know... For RMS: 1. Vital, Citibank, Wells Fargo and Bank of América interface directly with RMS. There is no need of extra software or going to a different screen to input data. - Is these right? - How is this working for you? - Does it process credit cards, debit cards and checks? - Does it works with First Data? 2. PC Charge, IC Verify, others... These are processing software that works in parallel with RMS. A different screen ha...

Enter network password box #2
The "Enter Network Password" box in Outlook keeps appearing even though I've checked the box to remember my password. I can't send email messages out. Any suggestions? ...

weekly loan analysis worksheet
i need to make a loan worksheet for truck payments ...

Published Customisations not showing without an IIS reset.
Hi all, We have a developement server: Server 2008 (32-bit), SP1 CRM 4 Enterprise, Rollup 8 SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition An issue has started happening with all the Organizations on that server. This is what I did to test the issue: 1. Create a new Organization - no customizations. 2. Create new field in Account entity and place on form. Preview ("cretae form") feature shows new field on form perfectly. 3. Save and Publish changes. No errors or issues when publishing. 4. Go to create new Account (or access existing one), the new field does not show. 5. Re-start IIS on tha...

How to copy/paste from Excel to Word without showing gridlines?
How can I copy/paste from Excel 2007 to Word without the image showing the gridlines? Thanks If you are going to paste as image instead of Table, turn OFF gridlines in Excel before you copy. S wrote: > How can I copy/paste from Excel 2007 to Word without the image showing the > gridlines? Thanks If you just want to copy/paste the text (not as an object): 1. Copy the cells you want from Excel 2. In Word, Edit<Paste Special<Unformatted Unicode Text -- -Brigette "Bob I" wrote: > If you are going to paste as image instead of Table, turn...