Loan Payment Calculations Wrong

With Microsoft Money Plus Premium, I have a mortgage payment scheduled
every month.  The payment is deducted from my "Main" checking account
and principal and interest are calulated and assigned to seperate
catagories - the principal as a transfer to "MA House Morgage"; the
intertest as "Loan - Mortage Interest".

For months the above seemed to have worked well, but this month the
payment out of the "Main" checking account show both pricipal and
interest as "calculated", while in the Loan account register, the
total payment is applied to pricipal.  I'm not sure how to correct
this....any pointers?
0
ssbn04 (6)
11/15/2007 8:18:46 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

How can I figure present value of a stream of payments?
Same as Subject Look in help for the PV function Regards, Peo Sjoblom "shep" wrote: > Same as Subject ...

Researching payments
Hello there, we have times when we will receive payments that state they are for more than the original invoice. Example: 1,100 payment Invoice A - 250 Remittance says apply 250 Invoice B - 250 Remittance says apply 250 Invoice C - 250 Remittance says apply 250 Invoice D - 250 Remittance says apply 350 The 100 stays open until it is being historically researched or the customer calls. The problem is, by the time the research is needed, we have lost track of the fact that it was invoice D that the customer attempted to overpay. Since GP prevents you from over-applyi...

Scheduled Payments
Is there a way to edit each payment amount after the schedule is created? For instance, instead of having equal payment amounts, each payment is a different percentage of the total amount due. Yes. Click on the Amortize button and make the changes. "Elaine" wrote: > Is there a way to edit each payment amount after the schedule is created? > For instance, instead of having equal payment amounts, each payment is a > different percentage of the total amount due. ...

bcwp calculation
I cannot seem to figure out how MSP calculates BCWS and BCWP. I know what Help says and I know how the calculations should be done, but when I try to use the EV elements to calculate BCWS and BCWP on even a single task, I cannot make it match. I know % Complete is calculated as Actual Duration / Duration, right? And BCWS = % Complete * BAC, right? But BCWP is also calculated using % Complete * BAC. But I am sure it is not the same % Complete element. Isn't there a % Complete that uses the number of days of duration since the task began? When I try to "back" i...

Setting up a loan
I want to set up a car loan using Money 2005 Deluxe. When I set up a new account/loan it takes me to a wizard to answer questions. It asks for the loan amount, interest rate, pricipal + interest amount, number of payments, and a balloon amount. Here is the information I about the loan: Amount Borrowed: $10,556.13 Total Paid At End of Loan: $11,450.74 Interest Rate: 4.05% 47 Monthly Payments: $239.00 ($206.20 towards principal, $32.80 towards interest) 1 Balloon Payment: $217.74 The wizard only allows me to enter 4/5 pieces of information about the loan and it calculates the 5th t...

Student Loans in Money 2007
Hi, I have four student loans all under one account with Sallie Mae. I've entered them in Money separately because they are at differing interest amounts - I make only one payment to Sallie Mae and they split it between the loans. My problem is that I dont know how to apply the one payment to the four accounts (in order to track). You can't have one Loan Payment target four different Loan Accounts. It's just a limitation. Not a great one. If I were designing it, it wouldn't have this limitation, but there it is. Assuming you want to track these as separate loans (and ...

Loan
Hi, I would like to enter a loan into money, but I do am not scheduled to pay the principal until Nov. of 2005. However, the interest will accrue on the loan as of today and I plan on starting to make unscheduled monthly payments to avoid debt in the future. I am trying to enter the loan as a new account but it is saying the loan account values don't work together. Can someone help me out here? Thanks! You need to let Money calculate one of the values. Try letting it calculate the length of the loan. "UA" <queenadeze@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2bf601c33f6...

SBS 2008 RPC under wrong virtual directory in IIS
Hi all - per Cliff's kind coaxing here it is: Deployed an SBS2008 about 3 months ago, all standard windows updates, Exchange is at SP1 rollup 9. My major issue is that the server appears to believe the RPC directories are located under the IIS Default Website, when in fact they are located under SBS Web Applications virtual dir (as they should), evidence of this comes from these PS tests: [PS] C:\Windows\System32> get-outlookanywhere |fl WARNING: IIS://EXCH1.acme.local/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Rpc was not found. Please make sure you have typed it correctly. ServerName ...

how do I calculate the sum of hours if marked x in a schedule?
hi I have a schedule with x's placed if a person(rows) is working that period(column headers). How do I create the formula to add the total number of hours worked for each person ? Ie, A B C D E 8:30-9:50 10:30-3 5-10 Total hours 1 name 1 x x 2 name 2 x x 3 name 3 x x Thank you. please i...

mortgage loan setup
I have a variable mortgage that is fixed for the first 5 years. The loan started in July 2002. When I go through the Loan Setup Wizard and enter the appropriate information the resulting loan account only goes back to January 2004. How can I enter all the previous payments back to July 2002 and adjust the splits of mortgage payment and fluctuating escrow amounts that have occurred over the course of the loan? Is there anyway to have the loan account reflect the payments already made from my checking account? There's a lot to chew on here. This may take some more Q&A, but...

FHA Loans
Many people hear the term "FHA loan," and incorrectly assume the Federal Housing Administration is a mortgage lender. That is not the case. Established in 1934, the FHA helps lower-income, first-time home buyers get approved for a home loan by providing private lenders with mortgage insurance. This gives the lender the security of knowing the loan will be honored if the buyer defaults on the loan and allows buyers who might not otherwise qualify for a conventional loan get approved. FHA loans are available to individuals with less than perfect credit and often require a smaller down ...

LOANS
http://www.qksrv.net/click-1365416-5340704 ...

Payment Methods
We have RMS 1.2 and soon will have a Web Store. I would like your oppinions on payment services, so far these is what we know... For RMS: 1. Vital, Citibank, Wells Fargo and Bank of América interface directly with RMS. There is no need of extra software or going to a different screen to input data. - Is these right? - How is this working for you? - Does it process credit cards, debit cards and checks? - Does it works with First Data? 2. PC Charge, IC Verify, others... These are processing software that works in parallel with RMS. A different screen ha...

Calculation Error
I'm using Access 2002 and the file format for the DB is 2000. I have a calculation that works fine for me but when another user logs on and runs the same report she receives an #Error instead of the number. I looked at the references and noticed the Microsoft Access Object Library I am using is 11.0 and the other user has 10.0. Could this be the problem. If so, how do I fix this since she doesn't have 11.0 in her list. If it's not this what other possibilities could there be? Sorry, I made a typo. It's 2003, not 2002. I also fiddled with the calculation. ...

What's wrong with this formula? #2
=offset('sheet1'!$a$1,int((column()-1/5),mod(column()-1,5)) It's to transform a sheet of 10 rows by 5 columns of data into 1 row of 50 columns. Please help. B One way .. Assuming the source grid is in Sheet1, in A1:E10 To extract into 1 row of 50 columns (1R x 50C) : Put in any starting cell in a new sheet: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,INT((COLUMN(A1)-1)/COLUMNS(Sheet1!$A$1:$E$10)),MOD(COLUM N(A1)-1,COLUMNS(Sheet1!$A$1:$E$10))) Copy across a total of 50 columns --- To extract into 1 column of 50 rows (50R x 1C): Put in any starting cell in a new sheet: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,INT...

Loan Drawdown
I had a personal loan drawdown that went through my main current account and then I bought a car with this amount. Can anyone advise how I can get Money to "ignore" the transaction as the expense is fairly large and skews my reports OR should I just delete the transactions? Thanks! Cameron Sure sounds like a Transfer followed by an expense (Automobile:Payments?) to me. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what you are trying to hide here that isn't a real life transaction. "Cameron Olsen" <cameron.olsen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8d49b4...

axis title text box is wrong size in chart for excel 2003
I created a chart in Excel 2003. I added an axis title call "Ports Market Share". Excel has chosen to display only "Ports Market Sha". I can't find any way to control the size of the text box as Excel has control. Modifing the Font sizes does not fix the problem as the axis title text box just resizes to fit "Ports Market Sha". Changing the text causes the same issue as the last two letters are not displayed. Unfortunately Excel does not allow a lot of control over the axis titles. I would suggest deleting the chart generated title and use a text ...

weekly loan analysis worksheet
i need to make a loan worksheet for truck payments ...

Importing Data into a Morgtage Loan
All, Trying out the MS Money 2004 Trial edition, and have potentially found a showstopper (for me at least). I've set up a Morgtage account and now want to import QIF formatted data from my online banking system. I've been able to import all the other accounts (Saving, Cheque, VISA), but WHY cant I import a quicken file for this account ? The account isnt even listed as an available account to import to. Also, the Morgtage/loan account seems to rely very hevily on automatically scheduled payments and the like, however I make manual payments on varying intervals. Is the morgtage ac...

Formulas not calculating properly
I need help! I created a worksheet before with formulas and I protected the sheet. I made it so that rows can be added and numbers can be inputted and the formulas will still sum the numbers. It worked fine until today. Now, on the status bar, it shows Calculate and it doesn't add any new numbers inputted. I have to unprotect the sheet and F2 the formula and enter to update the sum. Why is this happening? Thanks for any help. Sounds like you are manual calculation mode. could be the result of several things. Try going to Tools--> Options-->Calculation and see if it is...

RECEIPT PAYMENT
NEED RECEIPT WITH FULL ACCOUNT PAYMENT INFO TRANSACTION PAYMENT BEING APPLIED TO ETC. THANKS ANYONE ...

Calculating pay dates
If a date is a friday, I want to display the previous Thursday (MM/DD/YYYY). If a date is a Saturday - Thursday, I want to display the Thursday as a date (MM/DD/YYYY). To illustrate, if the date is 05/28/2010, I want to display 05/27/2010. If the date is 05/29/2010 - 06/03/2010, I want to display 06/03/2010. I hope this is clear. Thank you, BW On Thu, 27 May 2010 18:08:01 -0700, BW <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If a date is a friday, I want to display the previous Thursday (MM/DD/YYYY). >If a date is a Saturday - Thursday, I want to display the ...

Calculating Elapsed Time
How do I calculate elapsed time in a simple query when the starting time is before 00:00 and the end time after 00:00 ... all I'm getting at the moment is a negative number? Use the DateDiff function for the two values in question. -- Bruce "Machyde" wrote: > How do I calculate elapsed time in a simple query when the starting time is > before 00:00 and the end time after 00:00 ... all I'm getting at the moment > is a negative number? A date time is store as a floating point number, but around 0, there is something different than the way float...

Calculating more than one value in a function
Hi all, Can something like this be done: Cos(A1:A10)? That is calculate the value of Cos(A1) through Cos(A10). If so, how? I keep gettting an error. Lurch The trick is to first select for instance B1:B10, then in the formula bar put your formula and enter it with ctrl + shift & enter -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Charlie Johnson" <cj-bubba@bite.mindspring.com> wrote in message news:WpNub.10411$Wy4.3919@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > Hi all, > > Can something like this be done: Cos(A1:A10)? That is calculate the value > of Cos(A1) through Cos(A10...

loan amortization
I have downloaded a loan amortization template which allows for extra payments, but only regular extra payments and the same payment amount each time for the life of the loan. I need a template (or god forbid a formula) that allows me to put in payments as they are made, put in skipped payments, calculates interest daily, and one which I can vary the interest rate. I know I would be pushing my luck, but any chance of adding a function which calculates all extra interest payments (for example if I needed to outline overdue payments seperate to overdue interest charges). I am not famili...