Latest xp update causing Money to crash????

Ever since I installed the latest XP updates, Money 2005 keeps crashing on
me.  Anyone else experiencing this problem????
0
jrb1 (14)
3/22/2006 5:40:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

No issue here.  Have you tried to restore to a point previous to the update?

"JRB" <JRB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ever since I installed the latest XP updates, Money 2005 keeps crashing on
> me.  Anyone else experiencing this problem????

0
rhinnc (42)
3/23/2006 5:12:15 PM
XP:
     eXtra
       Pain

arthur
==

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:40:27 -0800, JRB
<JRB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Ever since I installed the latest XP updates, Money 2005 keeps crashing on
>me.  Anyone else experiencing this problem????

Money 2002 to Money 2001
I have backed up Money on a computer with Money 2002. I tried to Restore backup on a computer with Money 2001. It will not recognize my password and therefore I can't open it. Does anyone know the problem? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C37BDE.68D08CC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Money data files are not backwards compatible...(you can't open a 2002 = file in 2001) Options -=20 1) use 2002 or a later version 2) export accounts and then import back into 2001 &...

Microsoft Money Canadian Edition Deluxe
I need to be able to track investments preferebly using the Canadian version of Microsoft money, however the only version available in Canada seems to be the standard edition which does not support investment tracking. Can anyone recommend an alternative? thanks I'm using Money 2004 Canadian Edition, it supports investment tracking - in fact I found the standard investment features much improved over the Money 2000 verson I upgrade from. I recall being confused about this too - MS Canada did a crappy job describing the product. "Cambio del Arte" <cdelarte@gmail.com> wro...

MS Money 2006 Expert and Accountant (and Financial Consultant)
I'm looking for a new accountant, and I want to find someone who can setup MS Money 2006 for me, and "dial-it-in" to the degree that only an expert can. Can anyone in this newsgroup recommend someone? I live in the Redmond / Seattle WA area. Thanks, Chris Boorman chris.boorman@microsoft.com ...

Request Outlook + Money (calander+ Tasks)
Calendar and task function in money makes about as much sense as having some limp money budgeting features in Outlook. Come on... the picture for MS Office has always shown separate colored pieces of a puzzle coming together because each application serves a purpose. Then they discontinue the windows mobile platform when it makes more and more sense with rapidly growing penetration in that area. Windows mobile also serves a purpose in relation to money, tracking expenses on the road or just keeping track of cash transactions are two examples of the top of my head. What is going on h...

IE 7 Beta 2 Preview and MS Money 2006 problems
After installing IE 7 Beta 2 Preview, I am unable to sign into my account online. Instead, I have to choose "Work Offline". Has anyone else tried the IE 7 Beta 2 Preview and, if so, did you encounter the same problem? I've spoken to one other person at work that experienced the same problem that I have after installing their beta. ....and, before anyone replies - yes, I know it's beta and, yes, I am going to uninstall IE 7 but wanted to know if anyone had some ideas/suggestions/etc. I'll send feedback to Microsoft letting them know of my problem so that it will ...

Create or Update Type
Hi all, I try to generate a JScipt, which will only runs as onLoad when its a creating Form. When the Form is a updating Form, the Script should not run. Is there any way to get the type of the form (create or update), normaly I can check some files like name, if has data or something else, but this isn't possible there. Thanks, Andre Hi Andre, I am doing a lot of similar work to you with onLoad and onSave scripts that I want to only run once. One way I was thinking to do this is to use one of the fields that is currenlty not in use, specifically a field with type bit or boolean,...

Outlook 2007 crashing
I have Office Professional 2007 loaded on a laptop running XP Pro. I recently installed IBM RDI software for work, and Outlook now does not start in Normal or Safe mode. I have run the Detect and Repair option and the Repair option from the CD. All of the other Office programs are executing normally. I have debugged Outlook and am recieving "Unhandled exception at 0x38d8e19e in OUTLOOK.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access voilation reading location 0x00000004. That looks like the line PFLS_GETVALUE_FUNCTION flsGetValue = FLS_GETVALUE in tidtable.c. I have looked at Add/Remove...

Need Help Re-activating Money Plus Deluxe
I own a copy of Money Plus Deluxe purchased at a brick and mortar store. Over the holidays, I did a clean install of Windows XP on the desktop system where I run Money. When I re-installed Money from CD, it required activation. The problem is that the original Product Key from the CD case is rejected, I suppose because I used it to activate the software when I purchased it. I contacted Microsoft Money Online Support Services and was told that I needed to get an override code from Microsoft Office Online Store (aka Digital River). He insisted that Digital River needed to generate...

Problem updating dynamic table, from csv file
I have created a dynamic table in excel that gets the data from a cs file. I copied the xls file to several computers (and also de cs file), but if I try to update the data in the dynamic table it jus works in some of the computers, while others just show "ODBC text, to few parameters". The csv file is "comma separated", so I checked (and changed if needed the list separator value in Control Panel, but the problem persists i some of the computers. What's wrong? thanks in advanc -- gjoseval9 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- g...

Can't use Contacts folder following move from XP to Windows 7
I purchased a new computer on Windows 7, installed Office 2003 and copied across all the files including the .pst ones from my old computer which was on XP. Outlook is working fine in every respect except when creating a new message within Mail: it does not recognise the names from my Contacts folder (error message "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize xxx" . If I open the Contacts folder and select a contact, I can create "New Message to Contact". "lynbristol" <lynbristol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309BEC36-C...

Cannot start MS Money 2004
I've followed the posts where MS Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. I'm getting the same error relating to the following file: msisam10.dll. When I try the fix discussed earlier this month, no 'stories' file exist in the webcache. I can start older money files or the first My Money file. i've tried installing MS Money on another computer and still cannot open this file. Any suggestions? ...

Removing previous Money versions?
I have upgraded to Money 2004 and was wondering if I can uninstall Money 2003 without causing a problem. I'm not sure if the two programs are dependent upon each other. Thank you. No they are not but to be safe you might want to reinstall M2004 after uninstalling M2003. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:147f701c3f8c2$311c2da0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have upgrad...

Money 2006 for PPC (O2 Mini)
Hi, I have brought the Money 2006 and would like to install this software to synchronous with my PPC (O2 Mini). I have ensure I got the latest version of Micosoft ActiveSync 3.8. However, I got the following error mesage after the installation into my PPC: "The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software." I can manually insert the data in my PPC but I just can't synchronous the data between PPC and desktop. Please help. If the O2 mini runs Windows Mobile 5.0, then I think the software won&#...

Money 2008 Screen Images
There are some 2008 Money Plus (will MP08 be the new shorthand acronym we use on here?) screen images on the amazon.com web page, http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-KEA-00003-Money-Plus-Deluxe/dp/B000SKZHM8, starting about 1/3 of the way down. They're clickable and open larger sized images. For someone who's been using M04 for three years now, are these layouts new to Money Plus 2008? ... or have recent versions, 07, etc., had this look? Assuming that first image (note it shows 'June 2, 2008, Money Plus' in the upper LH corner) is the Money Plus home page, it sure does...

Money 2004 compatible issue
Hi, I recently bought a money 2004. I was using money 2002 for last 2 years. When I tried to open my file created by money 2002 in 2004 am getting an error message saying "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version". I have tried to repair the file. After repair also am getting the same message. Can any one help me to solve this problem ? Thanks Unni Your copies of Money 2002 and 2004 need to be the same country version or you cannot upgrade. UK to USA will not work etc. "Unnikrishnan Nair" <unnikrishnan.nair@wipro.com> w...

Generate New Report In Money 2004
My question is very simple. How do I generate a new report. I used the "Help" in Money 2004 & even went on the Web For the Money 2004 book. No place in there is a method to generate a new reprt from "scratch". It seems that the only way to do it is modify another report & save it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance....Marvo That is the only way to do it - find a report that is close to what you want; customise it and save it. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishe...

Money 2004 Wont Install
I can't get Money 2004 to install on my PC. Whenever I try to run setup, it hangs on the window that says "One moment please. Money is checking for components and disk space..." Task manager says the process is Not Responding. I've rebooted a dozen times. I've uninstalled Money 2003. I've copied the whole CD to my hard disk and tried to run from there. I am running Windows XP SP1 with all the latest patches. How can I get Money to install? Thanks for any info. This "not responding" condition does not immediately mean there is a problem. You may ne...

Not able to open password protected money files.
When I tried to open my money file which is password protected, I get the application crash all the time. " AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.919 ModName: msofd.dll ModVer: 10.0.0.919 Offset: 0004cf47 Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close." The only difference I can think of is the installation of Security Update for Windows XP (KB901190) I don't have any issue in opening another money file without any password. any help in resolving this issue will be appreciated. thanks, Johnson jdaniel wrote: > When I tried to open my money file which i...

Update prices in my portfolio
Some time last week the option to "update prices online" in my portfolio disappeared and they only option is to "update prices manually." I set up a passport which is supposed to update automatically, but doesn't. Does anyone know how to add that option to update prices online? I have tried a system restore and I restored a previous backup when it was working properly and It still does the same thing. Please help! In microsoft.public.money, Ralph wrote: >Some time last week the option to "update prices online" >in my portfolio disappeared and t...

Access to Money 2002 from icon
When I try to access Money 2002 it starts out from the beginning rather than picking up my latest files. I have been in the hospital and care center and while I don't think anyone messed with my files while I was gone, I would like to know how to reconnect the icon to the latest files. Thank you It sounds like your Money file isn't where it was last time Money ran - Money remembers. Search for *.mny - check the dates and double click on the most relevant file name. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;...

Option price update
Hi there, I have a couple options, and money doesn't seem to want to update their price automatically. I have shares, and it's no problem, so it's not a connnection issue. I've tried modifying the ticker, adding US: in front and .X at the end, as well as removing the characters and any possible combination. Does anybody know if money can update option prices? I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. Thanks, Ed In microsoft.public.money, Ed wrote: > >I have a couple options, and money doesn't seem to want to >update their price automatically. I have shares,...

"downloaded" date does not update
M05 Deluxe. But the problem started with M02. I do not use any online banking services like billpay or anything like that. I go out to my Credit Union site about once a week and I export my checking account to an OFX file. Each time I do that, it automatically imports to my checking account register in M05. For a couple years, it would also list the date of the last download at the top of the column to the left of the register. But suddenly on October 13, 2003, it stopped changing the date and balance in that spot. The balance at the bottom of the register is right. It's not rea...

Access 2003 Crashing after sp3 update
After updating office 2003 from sp2 to sp3 Access will crash when navigating through forms. This the error report: AppName: msaccess.exe AppVer: 11.0.8166.0 AppStamp:46437912 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 ModStamp:411096b4 fDebug: 0 Offset: 000117a5 I see other people are having the same sorts of issues and have resolved it by going back to sp2.. This is not an option here http://groups.google.co.nz/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/3ce371aa00f93fa4/b1e9333eea200e84%23b1e9333eea200e84 I was able to resolve similar problems with co...

File in trash after autoupdate update 112
I installed office 2004 today. I ran the built in update function and pulled in AutoUpdate 1.1.2 which installed fine. I found the old version of it in trash, and deleted it. Upon restart, I find in the trash the following "recovered files" MSau_205 (folder) and then inside a file 0409Msau10002 at 928KB v 8.4 Application. Is this normal? I didn't find anything in the trash after autoupdate pulled in the 11.2.3 updater. Anyone see this?? As long as everything works as it should I wouldn't be concerned about the items in the Trash. Updates often need to replace files whic...

Microsoft Money 2005 and T.D. Bank
Money 2005 appears to work but can not download data from bank. Message in Microsoft money window: "The file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Please download the file again. If this problem continues, contact your financial institiution. Done that. Banks advice reinstall Money. Done that. New HP machine Vista OS Which way to turn? -- Bobbylew -- Bobbylew In microsoft.public.money, Bobby Lewis wrote: >Money 2005 appears to work but can not download data from bank. Message in >Microsoft money window: "The file you attempted to import a...