Latest xp update causing Money to crash????

Ever since I installed the latest XP updates, Money 2005 keeps crashing on
me.  Anyone else experiencing this problem????
0
jrb1 (14)
3/22/2006 5:40:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

No issue here.  Have you tried to restore to a point previous to the update?

"JRB" <JRB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ever since I installed the latest XP updates, Money 2005 keeps crashing on
> me.  Anyone else experiencing this problem????

0
rhinnc (42)
3/23/2006 5:12:15 PM
XP:
     eXtra
       Pain

arthur
==

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:40:27 -0800, JRB
<JRB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Ever since I installed the latest XP updates, Money 2005 keeps crashing on
>me.  Anyone else experiencing this problem????

If I restore an old Money file . . .
.. . . will it overwrite the post date of download information? When I went to Money Plus I did not realize that it wasn't going to absorb my old money info into the new file. IOW, currently Money Plus dated items only go back to the date of download installation and has ignored the first 1/2 of the year's entries. They are on a back-up file but will it erase the current info if restored? In microsoft.public.money, OldFatDog wrote: >. . . will it overwrite the post date of download information? When I went to >Money Plus I did not realize that it wasn't going to absor...

update trigger question
If I have something like this in an update trigger: if update(FirstName) or update(LastName) begin update n set FullName = i.FirstName + ' ' + i.LastName from Names n inner join inserted i on n.NameID = i.NameID end I only want FullName to update if either FirstName or LastName are updated. Here's my question. A batch update updates 50 rows in the table. Of the 50, only 20 have changes made to the FirstName or LastName columns. It's my understanding that the "if update()" ONLY allows 20 rows that fit the if update criteria to be updated in the...

Updating Accounts #2
I just upgraded to Money Plus Deluxe (Have XP) When I go into Money it states its "updating account" and my CPU usage is at 99% when I run Money. There are NO accounts that are being automatically updated as I do them all manually. The "updating accounts" icon stays up until I finally have to turn off computer because I cannot work on any other part of money as it says it is doing an online function. PLEASE HELP.. It also goes online to seek its own updates. Do you have SSL2 enabled in Internet Options? Do you have firewall software enabled beyond the XP firewall...

MS Money 2005 Basics

rede xp reconhece placa mas nao obtem ip URGENTE
Estou com um problema para ter acesso a internet, pois minha placa de rede instalada e em funcionabilidade não reconhece o "ipconfig", ocorre um erro interno e não tenho nenhum acesso.A luz da entrada do cabo de rede acende porem não reconhece o ip. tentei usar o ping 127.0.0.0 mais aparece um código de erro numero 2 Olá ! Tiago ! Verifique no Gerenciador de Dispositivos se sua Placa de Rede está instalada corretamente. Você está ligando a sua Placa de Rede em um HUB/Switch ou em um Modem/Router ADSL ? Caso a Placa de Rede ...

auto file path update when excel sheet moved to another directory.
Hello, I've been working on a huge excel file for a while and I'm trying to make it easier to use. My problem is that when it is moved from the template folder to a working folder the formulas referencing a file in the template folder have their path changed in the formula and have to have the links updated. Since the file is protected it's impossible for the users to chance the source. It's wierd because it will still pull information, but if information is changed in the external data file the updated doesn't get ported over. I need some like the $ command to ...

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

Money 2003 to 2004
Is there a compelling reason to upgrade from 2003 to 2004? Looks to me like 2003 users can skip this upgrade, please correct me if I'm wrong. John I've used Money since 99 and bought every one. I would definitely not purchase 2004 again if I had the option. There is just nothing of any value (to me) in 2004 over 2003. On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:11:09 GMT, "John" <John90125@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a compelling reason to upgrade from 2003 to 2004? Looks to me like >2003 users can skip this upgrade, please correct me if I'm wrong. > >John > ...

Macro to change pivot field with latest value 03-01-10
This is a re-post as my questions hasn't been answered by anyone... Hi there and thank you in advance for any help. I have written a macro that changes (hides / shows) fields on a pivot table. One of these changes the field used for the page fields section of the pivot table. However, when i add a field to this section, it defaults to All. How can have this field default to the latest value in this field. Let me explain further: I want the pivot to be shown either by date or by week. The macro then changes the page field section to show either the date or week field. If ...

windows update 09-21-03
hello there Is there a way for me to recieve an E-mail everytime there is a security update avalible ???? Thank you Take a look at: http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/decision.asp Remember that Microsoft does not send out patches by email. This is especially important because many worms will fake such emails, and attach themselves. I write this after deleting almost a hundred of such emails. J Wolfgang Goerlich ...

Error & Crash in GP 10 (0xe0434f4d)
Only one of our users get this error - 0xe0434f4d, usually after lunch every day. And we normally have 10-15 users logged in who go all day without getting errors. A few of them perform the same functions as the user does. Mostly she is in sales order entry updating orders. Some of the data entry for instance to pull up the items she's working on is done with a bar code scanner (the same as most of the other users). I've captured the SQL statements and nothing spectacular is going on when she crashes & there is no pattern there. I keep sending the dumps to Microsoft but I ...

Conversion Annoyance (Acc97 - ver 8) to (XP
G'day all I haven't made the jump to XP yet & still use my ever reliable and trusty Acc97. I did a DB for a friend, who just happens to run OffXP (which is fine), anyways, everything converted fine, except for the annoying popup that appears everytime you start the converted DB. You know the one that warns you of potential viruses, all because there are underlying VBA codes. whats even more annoying is the fact that I can't seem to be able to disable the warning. Does anyone know how to disable the warning, PLEASE. TIA Mark. go: tools->macros-> set to low. -- ...

Why do non-default pst files update?
I have two pst files the default is 52MB and the other 45M. I only use the default so why is the other file have the same update date? Beemer In article <MPG.1a8d87a22dd282fd9896bc@news.microsoft.com>, Beemer@nowhere.com says... > I have two pst files the default is 52MB and the other 45M. I only > use the default so why is the other file have the same update date? > > Beemer > post cancelled - I read the file dates incorrectly Beemer ...

Latest Baseline Set on Task
How can i find out the latest baseline number set on the tasks through reporting database. The biggest challenge is, a PM can move his baseline back & forth (amongst all 10 baseline varaibles). -- Regards, Hyder Zaidi That could be a training issue. The latest baseline should always be Baseline0. When saving a baseline, users should save to Baseline0 and BaselineX, thus ensuring that there's a historical record. This also allows us to create new composite baselines rather than simply creating a brand new one for all tasks. By default MPP and PWA both display the...

Money 2007 won't stop updating
After my bank switched to a more secure login method, I have (I thought) had Money discontinue updating automatically for this account by setting the update frequency to "Never". However, I am having problems with my bank account being hit with unsuccessful logins resulting in the locking of access to my account. The bank says that the logins are coming from a third-party banking service. How can I be sure either Money 2007, the corresponding information on MoneyCentral, or the corresponding information in Yodlee (the 3rd party provider between my bank and Money 2007) isn't conti...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

Old versions of Money
I've been a Money user since 2002 and have upgraded just about every year. My computer has 2002,2003,2004,2005 and now 2007. Do I need all the previous versions? It's hard to imagine a reason you would. Even if you archive, against all advice regulars of this newsgroup would offer, the "archive" files can be upgraded and read by the current version. The only reason I can think of is if you want to be a regular newsgroup poster to this group and want to be able to look up obscure obsolete menu sequences and the like for people still using these older versions. "P...

How to check updated information?
How can I automatically check if there has data changed in a table? Can I have a popup about that? Hannu Could you describe more about what you mean by data changing and WHEN you want to automatically check this? You can always create an audit trail that is triggered on the after update event of your data entry form and use that to see what has changed. Can you give us more to go on? Lynn Trapp MS Access MVP On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:13:09 -0000, hanski <lappalainen.hannu@luukku.com> wrote: >How can I automatically check if there has data changed in a table? >Can I have a popup ...

When is the latest version not the latest version
This is not really a question - but maybe someone else can benefit from the pain I have been through today. I have been doing development work for the past few weeks using RDC in to a client's server. By last Friday, with disconnects happening every 20 seconds, I decided it was time to bite the bullet and install the license of Office 2007 I have bought and pull everything to my own office dev site. After 4 hours of fighting SQL 2005 being unable to restore a SQL 2008 backup I finally had a complete environment. However, I found that a popup short cut menu in a subform di...

Glitch while updating
My daughter's computer was recently doing an update. We were at the point where the computer was rebooting and had the screen "do not turn off your computer, updating......" etc. Unfortunately, our ISP went out at that time, and the computer was left in that limbo for over 24 hours. I finally just hit the power button to turn it off, and now when we turn it on it is in a continual loop of rebooting itself. I've tried putting in the Windows disk and it reads it okay, and will get so far to reinstall, but then it does the same thing and reboots itself. I do...

Query All records except latest
Access 2003 I need to limit my query to ALL RECORDS EXCEPT the most current record. Any ideas on how to do this -- deb Deb - It will look something like this, assuming no more than one record per date per key field. You can adjust to use date/time if that is needed. It depends on what makes your records unique. Try something like this, substituting your table and fieldnames... Select myKeyfield, field1, field2, field3, myDate FROM myTable Where myDate < (Select max(myDate) from myTable AS T2 WHERE T2.myKeyfield = myTable.myKeyfield) -- Daryl S "d...

Access 2.0 to Access XP?
Hello, My customer has an Access 2.0 database which they would like to upgrade to Access XP. Can I just use decompile/recompile/compact? Is it necessary to take any other steps? Thanks in advanc. Tracy No you can't just do that. Converting from A2.0 to any later version may involve a major exercise. Beyond writing a book, which you can buy, tell us what specifically is your problem? If you don't know A2.0, ie the "from" AND the "to", then you are not qualified to convert it, is my impression. Having said that, conversions are not too difficult if you jus...

Money 2001 Crashing
Decided to finally use the Money 2001 again that came preloaded on my laptop. Now having a problem in that when I try to set up my accounts from fresh at some point in the process my laptop freezes and after 10 secs or so sometimes switches off. Have up to date antivirus etc so I don't think it is anything like that. Anyone have any ideas? When I first got laptop I did use Money 2001 for a while with no problems. Using XP with all recent MS updates. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Throw lap top out the window, use paper and pencil...number 2 pencil is top of lin...

Questions on Outlook XP
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3140849477_1481258 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Two questions in the use of Outlook XP: 1. For some reason all my names are listed with a first name first, not last name. This is confusing. So I went into Properties and selected the �File As� hoping that would then display last names first. But it didn�t. What am I doing wrong? 2. When Outlook opens I want it to open to my Inbox au...

latest hot fix for rams
is it true that you have to pay for hot fixes.? we have to pay for fixes that should be done in the first place. Anyways is there a way to download hot fixes from some other source except Microsoft This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_010F_01C94E3A.01B74EF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Daniel, If you are not on a RMS Maintenance program with MBS, then yes. If you = are on Maintenance, just go into CustomerSource, open a new support = incident and ask for the latest version of RMS. Be ...