Larger backup file

Why is the backup file larger than the original .mny file.
I can see them being the same size, if not using
compression, but actually being about 30% larger is a big
difference. Does anyone know the answer for this? Thanks
0
sikespa (3)
9/26/2003 10:26:29 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Not for me it isn't. Money file is 10mb and backup is 2mb.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

"Perry" <sikespa@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Why is the backup file larger than the original .mny file.
> I can see them being the same size, if not using
> compression, but actually being about 30% larger is a big
> difference. Does anyone know the answer for this? Thanks

0
Bob_Peel (292)
9/27/2003 3:39:48 PM
Mine are about the same size; possibly, the main file has been compacted
after the backup was made (this is the normal order of events when exiting)

BTW -- what are the file sizes?  30% is either a lot of bytes or not so many
bytes, depending.

--

Joe Norton

"Perry" <sikespa@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Why is the backup file larger than the original .mny file.
> I can see them being the same size, if not using
> compression, but actually being about 30% larger is a big
> difference. Does anyone know the answer for this? Thanks

0
jfnorton (20)

Outlook dbx file
My boss saved his outlook express messages to a file with a dbx extension on a memory stick off his old computer. How do I get outlook express to recognize the file on his new computer or restore it on his old one? He wants his messages back and I don't know how to open the dbx file and I can't seem to copy it back to it's original folder. Thanks. 1. Email Messages: From the Outlook Express menu select Tools | Options | Maintenance and click the StoreFolder button. You see a dialog with the name of the directory that has your mail files. If you look in that directory ...

backup #5
in money 2002 i cannot change my 14 day backup option to a cd instead of the 3.5" floppy. Is it possible to do this or am I stuck browsing for the drive under hard drive? In microsoft.public.money, Karl wrote: >in money 2002 i cannot change my 14 day backup option to >a cd instead of the 3.5" floppy. Is it possible to do >this or am I stuck browsing for the drive under hard >drive? You cannot do what you think you want. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:avbq90p3addh43qfro2ci9f0gbhfibo8j1@4ax.com... > In mi...

pdf file
When I try to open up a word pdf file in Microsoft Outlook Express I get a file conversion box. No matter what language or defalt setting I choose I still get symbols and numbers that make no sense. I have Word 2003. How can I make it readable? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Files with "xla" extentions
How to stop files with the "xla" from trying to load? After deleting the files Excel gives an error messeage when it can't find the file. Hi Tools>Add-ins Click on the Add-in and Excel will ask you if you want to delete it. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "thorviag" <thorviag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6D742DD-D1DE-4B78-9BCD-F0138CB70E0B@microsoft.com... > How to stop files with the "xla" from trying to load? After deleting the > files Excel gives an error messeage when it can't find the file. ...

error while running an exe file in another computer
hi guyss I am in a grt problem. when i use installshield to build the setup file of my project, i follow all the steps required properly. after that the setup file is also created but when i install it neither it comes in the "all program". also when i install it in any other computer not having vc++ after installation when i click the exe file to run it gives an error of a missing dll file like mfs42d.dll but i have included this dll file while making the setup. please help as soon as possible as i have to submit the project by a week. Thanksss "Sonu" <getsonu@gmai...

Recommendation for Backup
We have a hosted VPS running Windows Server 2003 as a web server only. SQL Express makes daily backups to a local folder, c:\backup. How can I get those backups to off-site storage? The admin set up FTP access so that the backup files can be downloaded manually, but I'd like to find an automatic way. The FTP default folder is c:\backup, so I don't have access to backup all of the files in c:\inetpub. Many programs allow backup to an FTP server, so I assume that I should get one, like SyncBack Pro, and allow it to back up to an FTP server somewhere. (Do you have a recommendati...

.LRD File
Don't know what to think of something I noticed the other day. After setting up online bill payments with my bank, I noticed that whenever I started Money(2004), a file named filename.LRD (filename is my Money filename)would be created in the My Documents folder. As soon as I closed down the program, the .LRD file would be erased. I suspect that this is some kind of Money temp file, but I just never noticed it before on other versions of Money. It seems to be a text file. Can anyone reproduce the file? When you open Money, check the My Documents folder, or better yet, do a search ...

Larger backup file
Why is the backup file larger than the original .mny file. I can see them being the same size, if not using compression, but actually being about 30% larger is a big difference. Does anyone know the answer for this? Thanks Not for me it isn't. Money file is 10mb and backup is 2mb. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Perry" <sikespa@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:119501c3847d$3b679b50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Why is the backu...

Active Directory Backup Setup
my question is this. what good is a backup domain controller anyway. it does not appear to be a real backup. I setup a DC for my domain and then setup an additional DC on the network. when I pull the network cable out of the first DC, nothing is accessible (users, groups, etc) on the second domain controller. the information is only there if the first DC is up and running. Did I setup the second dc incorrectly? I thought the second dc is to be used in case the primary fails. thanks for your insight and perhaps what I'm doing wrong. -- jjj0923 ---------------...

image larger than monitor
hi there hope I am in the group? I use win XP....the image has for some obscure reason gone larger than the monitor and I am having to use the mouse to see left righ top and bottom of the image. I have gone into disply properties, and the monitor reset buttons...but it makes no difference. Any idea what is causing this problem? and how to restore the correct viewing? regards Are you saying the screen scrolls for the desktop?!? Or are you referring to the image in Internet Explorer. If the former, you must have some special video adapter driver, if the later, you merely chang...

werken met een backup
Hallo, Onderstaand bericht ook gepost in de office nieuwsgroep, maar wellicht is deze groep geschikter: Na een crash van mijn harde schijf heb ik een backup van mijn .pst file terug gezet. Perfect gegaan, ik heb alle contacts en berichten weer terug. Maar er is toch een probleem: als ik een email wil schrijven, dan kan ik daar geen adres uit de contacts bij zoeken, want dan komt de melding: "kan de adreslijst niet openen. De contactpersonenmap van dit adresboek kon niet worden geopend; de map is verplaatst of verwijderd of u hebt niet de benodigde machtigingen. Raadpleeg Microsoft Off...

How to read and update Excel file?
I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2. I need to update MS Excel file from my application. Features that I need to do are: 1. Formatting the text alignment 2. Creating the cell border 3. Changing the text color And the other features is standard, like reading the cell content and update it. How to do those advanced features? Thank you very much. >I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2. > >I need to update MS Excel file from my application. > >Features that I need to do are: >1. Formatting the text alignment >2. Creating the cell border >3. Changing the text color > >And the oth...

Conversion from UK money file to US money file
Hi I'm now living in the US having moved over from the UK, but I still do some UK banking transactions. I'd like to use a US money edition to take advantage of the direct download functions for my US bank accounts, but when I downloaded the US deluxe 2006 trial edition it has refused to convert my 2005 UK money file. Anyone know any way I can do this? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, DullingWine wrote: >I'm now living in the US having moved over from the UK, but I still do some >UK banking transactions. I'd like to use a US money edition to take >advantag...

Opening Lotus password protected file
I'm trying to convert some of my old lotus files that are password protected into Excel files. My old Lotus program got corrupted somehow so I can't remove the password thru Lotus. Any ideas on how I might make the conversion? Would appreciate any help. Thank you. ...

OFT Files
I'm looking for some answers, hopefully someone out there will know. Is there any way to open an OFT file without using the Outlook program and still keep the formatting in the Outlokk File Template (.oft) file? Any third party programs or maybe a word add-in that can be used? Any input would be very helpful. Thanks in advance. =) --Ryan ...

Outlook backup #9
I want to backup my outlook email files onto a dvd but for some reason can't find the directory, Can someone tell me where it is on the system ? -- Regards Eamon Toman Eamon Toman <eamon.toman@ntlworld.com> wrote: > I want to backup my outlook email files onto a dvd but for some > reason can't find the directory, Can someone tell me where it is on > the system ? http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Brian Tillman Thanks Brian "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OKUJx2ICFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.ph...

error when opening .accdb file
I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the resolution... I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating that the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens successfully. -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, the file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did not open at all) -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set in the Application Options for the 'Current Database' -- The database contains macros, VBA m...

Restore from a tape Backup
We just did a clean install of SBS 2003. Before 2003, we ran SBS 2000. Prior to removing 2000, we did an exchange store backup to a 4mm tape. We now need to extract that data onto our SBS 2003 server, which is running SBS 2003. When we try to do this, it says the exchange does not exist. Can anyone help me? Thanks! Keith MMS IT Department keith@mmsit.net ...

recover deleted excel files
Someone deleted these files. I need to recover them Not possible unless they are in the recycle bin or some third party utility Regards, Peo Sjoblom "lights" wrote: > Someone deleted these files. I need to recover them > ...

file conversion #2
i cant seem to be able to convert pub 98 files to pub 2000, my latest version.error message "cannot convert older files" ? anyone know how to do this, thanks I've never had to convert. I just open them. Are you running Norton anti-virus by chance? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "drbob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01ba01c48b9e$a1b00ea0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >i cant seem to be able to convert pub 98 files to pub > 2000, my latest version.error message "cannot convert > older files" ? anyone know h...

Why rows get larger when move a column?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Sometimes I move a column and then ALL THE rows in a workbook become very large and equal in size. Happens all time. why? thanks. ...

Generate XML File from XSD schema
Hi all, I am trying to build a XML file with the help of the XSD file with VB.NET. Does someone has any tips on how to do this? Thanks a million. C�line The following MSDN article describes a tool to generate XML documents from a schema using c#: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnxmlnet/html/xmlgen.asp Thanks, Priya "Celine" <celine_rimeur@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:11628725.0412220117.2d35ae60@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > > I am trying to build a XML file with the help of the XSD file with VB.NET. > Does someone has ...

New user
I need to backup my data and need to select the path...I am not even sure where to look for it...Help appreciated DJE <DJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to backup my data and need to select the path...I am not even > sure where to look for it...Help appreciated http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Larger range for CSliderCtrl
The default CSliderCtrl stores its nMin and nMax in ints meaning it can represent a range of -32768 to 32767. I want a CSliderCtrl that will support larger ranges, mainly longs and unsigned longs. I've tried sub-classing the CSliderCtrl but do not know where the min and max are stored so cannot override them with a different type. Can you give me some pointers on how I might go about this? Thanks a lot. Cheers, Robin ...

Recently Used File List Problem
I have Excel 2000. I have the recently used file list set to 6. During a session of Excel, it will expand from, say, 4 files to 5 (when I click on File/Open), but after I close Excel and relaunch it, it loses the last file opened and only shows 4. This seems to happen ONLY with spreadsheets from a particular folder. Others stay across sessions. What happened, and what can I do to get it back to working properly between sessions? Thanks. ...