Isn't there a sweet spot between Money 2004 and 2005?

I'm trying to remember if there was a point last year when you could buy
2003 and it was so close to the 2004 release that you could upgrade for
free.  I think it was if you bought 30 days before 2004 was released.  I
know MS has done this with some of the Office auites, so I might be getting
that confused with this.  Anyone remember if that happened or not?

0
IonControl (95)
8/4/2004 3:13:35 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

I have a recollection that it was discussed in here, but I don't think there
was any MS promotion (unlike on Office). However, in certain countries
(i.e., the US), there is a 30 day money back guarantee, so purchasers of
Money 2004 in the 30 days before 2005 comes out could return their copies
and then buy the 2005 edition instead...

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"Ion Control" <IonControl@echobase.rebelalliance.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to remember if there was a point last year when you could buy
> 2003 and it was so close to the 2004 release that you could upgrade for
> free.  I think it was if you bought 30 days before 2004 was released.  I
> know MS has done this with some of the Office auites, so I might be
getting
> that confused with this.  Anyone remember if that happened or not?

0
glyn1 (1533)

Money 2003 Std. vs Money 2003 Deluxe or 2004...
I receive a free copy of Money 2003 Std. with a new computer purchase. I have been using Money 2000 Deluxe. Given that Money 2004 is available, what should I use. Does Money 2003 Std. provide the ability to track simple stock purchase/sell transactions? Or should I just go buy Money 2004 Deluxe? Bryan If you already have 2033, why not give it a go? You could create a new file first to see what's in it for you. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes ...

reading statement, money 98
I can't get my statement to load into the register. It downloads fine and I can read it on the screen but it won't update the account register. I've used this since 98 and never had a problem until now. ...

14 Free Videos Teach You How to Spot Opportunities in Your Charts
Dear Friends, Watch the just released Independent Trader Video Series. This series features 14 free videos that teach you how to spot opportunities in your charts that you may be overlooking. You get more than 100 minutes of video packed with valuable Elliott wave techniques that you can incorporate into your trading. Plus, you can watch and re-watch the online videos at your own pace and on your schedule. "I have watched the videos and have found them to be Educative and Insightful and am certain that it would help anybody who "Trades" with a serious approach." You can ...

Money 2007 will not Retro to 2005
Money 2007 Deluxe is loaded on Home XP computer but will not load on my Work computer which has Micrsoft Professional 2000. Money Tech Support and the Box says it loads on XP. (no mention that it won't load on Professional 2000) Then I try to restore Home Moneya 2007 backup onto my remaining Work Money 2005 program. It restores but "will not accept the password". My password is same for both 2005 & 2007. This leaves me with not being able to follow my Money on my work computer. Does anyone have a work around or way to have the passoword work when restoring a 2007 file o...

Money Essential #2
Hi, I would like to know if the Money essential is compatible with the files that were created using Money 2004 -- Thank You in Advance Merci a l'avance Martin Martin Racette | 2009-05-30 | 3:09:46 PM wrote: >I would like to know if the Money essential is compatible with the >files that were created using Money 2004 Short answer: No Longer answer: Money Essentials is not compatible with anything. If you already bought ME, return it and get one of the Money Plus versions. -- Steve Bell New Life Home Improvement Arlington, TX USA Fortunately I did not bought it, but unfort...

6-digit PIN in Money 2004
I'm trying to set up Money 2004 to retrieve online account information from my bank. My bank has assigned me a 6-digit PIN number for online use and it works at their website. However, Money refuses anything but a 4-digit pin. Any suggestions for a solution would be welcome. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C39101.E19CCB90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable "Online" use probably refers to their web site.=20 Typically, two different passwords / user names are requir...

Money 2004 --> Money 2007 == nothing but trouble
I can log in and do anything I want manually with Money 2007 but now that it's hooked to Windows Live I can do very little online. The conversion process from 04 -> 07 is poor and now I can no longer download transactions from my bank. The only reason I upgraded to 2007 is that 2004 was telling me that online services were no longer supported in that version. What a crock of ****!!!! Poor, poor, poor, Microshaft! You force me to upgrade to a version of your software that is severely handicapped and now what? Do I have to pay you money to get it working by a support call? I see th...

removing old money
I am trying to upgrade my new hubby's software to money 2004. He has lost the money2001 cd so I cannot remove it, and cannot do any online banking because everytime I try it asks for the 2001 cd, even though I have installed 2004. What can I do to solve this problem? Sorry to have such a stupid problem. In microsoft.public.money, Trina wrote: >I am trying to upgrade my new hubby's software to money >2004. He has lost the money2001 cd so I cannot remove it, >and cannot do any online banking because everytime I try >it asks for the 2001 cd, even though I have insta...

2005 accounts from 2004
Using 2004. Install 2005. It auto's over to the bank and downloads every account I have. Of the 9 accounts, I only want 4 in 2005. I can co\lose the unwanted accounts, but can not deleate them without deleating all of the accounts. All my reports are distorted because of the unwanted accounts. How can I get rid of the extra accounts? ...

Money 99 entering transactions in IRA accounts
Can a dividend be both entered and reinvested in an IRA account as a single transaction and have the "income" reflected as "tax exempt"? The "receipt" and reinvestment can be done in a single transaction, but I can't find a way to avoid having it reflected in dividends received which is taxable. In microsoft.public.money, bstone wrote: >Can a dividend be both entered and reinvested in an IRA >account as a single transaction and have the "income" >reflected as "tax exempt"? The "receipt" and reinvestment >can...

Sweet & simply - how do I enable a macro?
running excel 2k; All I want to know, is how do I enable a macro. I don't care if the sheet opens & ASK's if it's OK to enable macros - I want to know how to do MANUALLY - whatever the "yes" answer to that question is doing? What pulldown / button do I access to enable macros? And PLEASE don't tell me I have to lower my security! ;-) So - in sum - I want to manually enable macros without taking my security off high. I've searched help (yes, I actually try this first, I don't know why - I almost never get an answer I want); searched the groups, found no...

FYI about System Resources and Money
People who are using a slower computer and run Money may want to do a ctrl-alt-del once they are finished with Money. Under the Processes tab, find the mnyschdll.exe, mis.exe and misuser.exe. End these processes. They do not stop when you turn Money off and are resource hogs. Right now they are eating a total of 23 meg of my resources. I have never had any adverse effects from ending these. And they just restart once you open Money again. Also, Adobeacrobat does the same thing. When you look at that PDF file, it leaves a program running after you close the file. Think it wa...

Office 2004 Prof.Ed.update problem
I cannot install the update program. It stops shortly after having begun. It keeps searching the HD for installed components and then waits. I have to turn off the computer otherwise I can't do anything at all. I have already installed office a second time but that didn't help. Who knows this problem, or rather, knows what can be done about it? Thanks, Cees Cees Tax <cstx@xs4all.nl> wrote: > I cannot install the update program. It stops shortly after having > begun. It keeps searching the HD for installed components and then > waits. I have to turn off the computer oth...

"spot color" in Excel charts (for Publisher)
Hi there, I'm using MS Publisher for a report and all my charts and tables are in Excel. I've copied them (as pictures) into the Publisher document, but the printing company needs everything to be in PMS spot-color. When I convert the Publisher document to spot-color all my color charts from Excel turn into gray tones. How can I change the colors I'm using in my Excel charts to be spot-colors that are maintained after being copied as a picture into Publisher? Thanks so much, Jen ...

Money 2006 wants to dial out
I am a new user of Money 2006 Standard Edition and every time I run it the program wants to dial out. I have no need for this feature and would like to know how to disable this. I use my banks software to download account info into my Money 2006 program and this works for me. Any help is greatly appreciated . Thanks jmc In microsoft.public.money, jmc wrote: >I am a new user of Money 2006 Standard Edition and every time I run it the >program wants to dial out. I have no need for this feature and would like >to know how to disable this. I use my banks software to downloa...

black spot on the thread envelope
Hi, I aware there was a black spot on the envelope under my thread starter that i sent the thread. eg, i sent the thread in 16 Dec 2003 under Excel Miscellaneous, the thread starter was raymondsum, the thread was 'email subject', there was a black spot on the envelope. How do i remove the black spot? Raymond --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Since you posted from ExcelForum.com I gather you're asking about ExcelForum's UI. I just looked there and did not see a "black spot" on your envelope. In any case this is a question for ExcelForum, not...

Canadian Money version ok for small business??
I am switching from Mac OS X to XP and I have to choose an app for my small business accounting. I have been using MYOB but I really don't need the features of a full- fledged accounting program - just a small (2 employee) payroll, AR/AP and basic reports. No inventory, etc. Quicken XP seems ready to be used in this fashion, but I've been burned by Intuit in the past and don't necessarily want to give them more money. So I'm considering Money 2004 Canadian Edition. Can anyone out there reassure me about Money's ability to perform the tasks I need? I note that in th...

Money 2002 to Small Business 2004
Will upgrading to Small Business 2004 allow me to convert the account files I already have in 2002 and,just by applying the upgrade, produce a balance sheet, and P&L? I have 5 different accounts I'm maintaining in 2002, my business account being just one of them. Will Small Business allow me to produce reports for each separate account? I can't seem to find the way to do that in 2002 Standard, the reports I have put together use the data from all the accounts. I'm sure there's a simple way to get single account reports, but I can't find the way ...

Quicken and Money
I do not want to use MS Money. I use Quicken, when I down load my bank statement in Quicken format it automaticly goes to MS Money. How can I stop this from happenning? REMOVE MONEY FROM YOUR COMPUTER! "Jim K" <jkerrigan45@aol.com> wrote in message news:231401c3537c$6291fa90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I do not want to use MS Money. I use Quicken, when I down > load my bank statement in Quicken format it automaticly > goes to MS Money. How can I stop this from happenning? In microsoft.public.money, Chas D wrote: >Jim, is there a quicken fourm or news group somewhe...

Upgrade Money 2001
I started out with money 97 IIRC and upgraded over time through 98, 99, 2000 and 2001 where I've stayed since. I've seen lots of 2nd hand versions on ebay, 2002,3,4 very cheap. I've read the 2005 is not worth the upgrade, but are any of the more recent versions worth the upgrade? thanks Mark. 2001->2004 might be worth it. It will change the way scheduled bills are handled and portrayed. Some don't like the change. Many of us got used to it and prefer some (but not all ) of the new functionality that came with it. M04 will likely be slightly faster than M01, but YMM...

MS Money Does not Recognize Account
I have an ING IRA account that will not automatically download or update at all. I have to update it manually. I added two IRA accounts at the same time and one updated automatically and the other does not. I have added additional ING accounts since then and they were recognized automatically as well. But this one, I cannot get automatic update to work no matter what. I have deleted it and try to get Money to find this account automatically and still nothing. It is driving me nuts. All my other accounts work, why not this one. Please advise. HERE ARE MY STEPS - and Still Will not re...

Record Money transactions in OL Journal?
Is there any way to get Money to automatically record transactions in Outlook's Journal? What I'm looking for is the ability to, say, write a check in Money, and have an item automatically created in Journal noting that a check for x amount was paid to y on this date. No. Money doesn't integrate with Outlook in this way (or much of any other). "t. wise" <terwise111@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eUOsbFqlEHA.2968@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get Money to automatically record transactions in > Outlook's Journal? > > What I&#...

Money 2004 and IE7
Has anyone tried running MS Money 2004 with the newly released Internet Explorer 7? Any problems or comments? Kevin I use M2004 and IE7. No problems. "Kevin Campbell" <kcampbel@nospam.midmaine.com> wrote in message news:ujTOjqoAHHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Has anyone tried running MS Money 2004 with the newly released Internet > Explorer 7? Any problems or comments? > > Kevin > "L Cramer" wrote: >I use M2004 and IE7. No problems. I upgraded to IE7 and existing M04 had no problems. Then I needed to reinstall XP from scratch....

Is 2004 Significantly Faster than 2002?
I am running a Dell Precision 420 with dual P3 600 mhz processors, 256K L2 Cache, 256 RAM, over a gigabite of available disk space on each hard drive. OS= Windows 2000 PRO. Has anyone who had a major speed problem using Money Deluxe 2002, upgraded from 2002 to 2004. Did speed impove substantially using 2004? Money 2002 Deluxe is incredibly slow. Opening up the expense page to edit my budget takes several min. Closing a modifed budget item takes several minutes. While not as bad it slow at most other functions as well. I have read fixes on this BB and tried all I can find: minim...

Why Money 2002?
Why do I see some people talking about reverting to 2002? Why not 2007? As far as I know, only Money Plus (2008) requires activation. I think that depends on what channel you got the product through. IIRC--and my memory fails me a lot lately--only the boxed M07 product with the CD didn't require online activation. "drwtsn32" <drwtsn32@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4a81e5d9-5437-4677-85d4-dd5ebd0b67ff@v35g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Why do I see some people talking about reverting to 2002? Why not > 2007? As far as I know, only Money Plus (2008) requires ...