Is there a Small Business Edition trial version available?

I'm a Money Deluxe 2004 user, have been using MSMoney for years, and will be
starting a small home business in the next several months.  I like MSMoney,
and I'd like to see exactly what the Small Business version buys me.  I've
read the promo blurbs, but they only go so far, and I'd like to try before I
buy...

Thoughts or pointers?

Thanks - John

0
john3098 (31)
4/11/2004 2:34:24 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Hi John

I don't think there is a trial version but I don't like paying the $100 or
so for a new version every time it comes out.  I recently bought a new in
box sealed 2003 version on ebay for about $20 something by the time I paid
shipping.  Probably still some around, also rumor seems to be that the 2005
version should be out soon; if so 2004 should be available cheap.  Just an
idea; I've been managing 3 separate small businesses with it (no employees)
for several years & am happy with it.I think I started with the 98 business
version; maybe earlier.  BTW I don't upgrade every year; the 2003 was an
upgrade from 2000 version.

Lew

"John DeMastri" <john@demastri.dot.com> wrote in message
> I'm a Money Deluxe 2004 user, have been using MSMoney for years, and will
be
> starting a small home business in the next several months.  I like
MSMoney,
> and I'd like to see exactly what the Small Business version buys me.  I've
> read the promo blurbs, but they only go so far, and I'd like to try before
> buy...
>
> Thoughts or pointers?
>
> Thanks - John

0
bcl (29)
4/11/2004 3:23:19 PM
Thanks for the reply - I'll check out eBay...  Glad to hear someone's using
it to manage a business and would recommend it :)

(Usually many more gripes than praises around here, but that's the
self-selecting population of Usenet...)

As for upgrading - I use TaxCut, and the rebates they offer for the package
every Dec/Jan usually works out to new MSMoney Deluxe + new TaxCut + online
filing for about $20/year.  Of course, that deal won't be available if I go
to Small Bus version...

- John

"Lew" <bcl@clearsource.net> wrote in message
> Hi John
>
> I don't think there is a trial version but I don't like paying the $100 or
> so for a new version every time it comes out.  I recently bought a new in
> box sealed 2003 version on ebay for about $20 something by the time I paid
> shipping.  Probably still some around, also rumor seems to be that the
2005
> version should be out soon; if so 2004 should be available cheap.  Just an
> idea; I've been managing 3 separate small businesses with it (no
employees)
> for several years & am happy with it.I think I started with the 98
business
> version; maybe earlier.  BTW I don't upgrade every year; the 2003 was an
> upgrade from 2000 version.
>
> Lew
>
> "John DeMastri" <john@demastri.dot.com> wrote in message
> > I'm a Money Deluxe 2004 user, have been using MSMoney for years, and
will
> be
> > starting a small home business in the next several months.  I like
> MSMoney,
> > and I'd like to see exactly what the Small Business version buys me.
I've
> > read the promo blurbs, but they only go so far, and I'd like to try
before
> > buy...
> >
> > Thoughts or pointers?
> >
> > Thanks - John

0
john3098 (31)

Cash Flow Forecast & Canadian Edition of 2006 ??
Can anyone confirm that Microsoft has left the Cash Flow forecast out of the Canadian edition of Money 2006 (again) ?? My guess is that the Canadian version will not since it is the Canadian version of Money Standard (American) which does not include the Cash Flow forecast. "Ken" wrote: > Can anyone confirm that Microsoft has left the Cash Flow forecast out of the > Canadian edition of Money 2006 (again) ?? > > > > I guess I'll have to stick with Money 2004. What is the point of using this app if you can't forcast your cache flow? "Wall...

Is there a trial version of Outlook 2003 available?
Is there a trial version of Outlook 2003 available? Thanks, Jeff There's a trial version of the entire Office 2003 suite available. See http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/trial.mspx for details. I don't think you can get a trial version of Outlook only. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:uMAXhhunDHA.2820@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, JMI wrote: > Is there a trial version of Outlook 2003 available? > > Thanks, &...

Server & Client Version compatability
This pertains to Project Server 2007 (Server & Client). While our goal is to keep Server & Client SP & CU at the exact version level, it is not always possible. Right now, I have plans to deploy SP2+Aug09CU to both server & client (currently at SP1+Dec08CU). The Server SP2+Aug09CU gets implemented one day followed by multiple waves of client SP2+Aug09CU updates over 2-4 days (allowing for users traveling, not connected to the network to receive client update). During this period, it is possible that a Project Pro user with an older SP1+Dec08CU connects to Pro...

Word 2004 crashes when editing document
Hello, I am using Word 2004 for OS X. Today, Word 2004 began crashing whenever I tried to edit a specific document. I downloaded the Office update (11.1, I think), and it still crashed. I removed Office, removed all preferences, re-installed Office and the update, and Word still crashes. Thank you in advance for your help. The error log follows: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 1.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2005-01-16 17:18:55 -0500 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Version: 11.1.0.040910 Module Name: Microsoft_Drawing_2001Z Module Version: 11....

Make all modules available in GP Standard
Make all modules available in GP Standard as they are in SL Standard. We're not competitive with SL now, nor are we competitive with MAS-200 or MAS-500 in price and module functionality. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Bus...

How do I create/edit a publisher calendar template?
I did the MS jump thru the hoops help. Took an existing calendar template, edited the layout the way I wanted, then saved as a "template". I opened it up, changed the date range and bingo - all my changes were lost and it was back to the original layout. How/where do I get to changing the layout so that it applies to the whole document, even if there are date changes? The "master page" (which you think that may be a clue!) is blank as is my brain at this point. Kimburu <Kimburu@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How/where do I ...

Business card CDrom label template
I'm sorry for your loss of Alex. I hope he's moved on to the bigger Internet now and that all of his connections are at full speed, with no broken links in the place where he has found peace. Does anyone know if in Publisher (2003) I can find a template for a business card CDrom label? I searched and searched and had to finally buy the software from the company who sells the blank media & labels. Their program is alright but it's v e r y old fashioned and I'm trying to keep up with the times! Thanks for any help - you're all greatly appreciated by this TechnoD...

Script to get access versions
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible from a script to get the version of an Access database (i.e. 97, 2000, 2003) ? We want to do a scan of server directories and identify versions and last used dates. Regars Michael In fact, there is a comprehensive tool to do the scanning, and even produce reports that you need here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/journ/accessconvert.htm -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal Hi, Thanks - was already looking at this but its may be a little overki...

how do you export excel files to Quickbooks Simple edition
I'm a newbie....I need to know if you can export invoices that are on EXCEL templates into Quickbooks invoice file or sales receipt file. Thanks for any help on this quest. Dianna In quickbooks go to file import excel "Newbie Dianna" wrote: > I'm a newbie....I need to know if you can export invoices that are on EXCEL > templates into Quickbooks invoice file or sales receipt file. > > Thanks for any help on this quest. > Dianna ...

versions of Money that will not require online activation
According to http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx, "Microsoft has announced plans to release versions of Money Plus Deluxe and Money Plus Home & Business that will not require online activation." When? I have a copy of Money Plus Deluxe that is still in it's box. Should I intall it, wait or try to return it? FYI: I have purchased just about every available Money version since this software was introduced. "Scott B." wrote: > According to http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx, "Microsoft has > announced plans to releas...

editing table frames
I downloaded something that was in table frame format. Now each section of the page is in table frames. I want to convert them to text or merge them into one continuous page in text format. This is driving me nuts because I can't find a way to do it. If I highlight the text in a frame and cut it to the clipboard, the whole page disappears and I'm left with this annoying blank grey page. At this point, I'm thinking that I will have to print the page, create a new textbox at the end of my story then type the page into it, but if I have to do that, I'm not going to be happy using ...

Error
I have an 8 page file that includes a WMF file that's 21megs. Publisher will not save the file and produces the following error: " This publication contains a picture that is too large to be saved in earlier versions of Publisher. This picture will be saved as an empty picture frame when Publisher saves the file in an earlier version. " I have saved the file as a jpg, when printing it gets distorted, tried as a pic file, still got the error message. Any help is greatly appreciated. Jp Prowell wrote: > I have an 8 page file that includes a WMF file that's > ...

Office Small Business ver. 2003 has problems running in XP
I recently upgraded my Windows ME to XP, reinstalled Office XP Small business which came with the Gateway ME installed computer, but now working in book form in Excel my view has been changed to book, rather than the page I choose to work on. Any way to fix this ? ...

Money 2005 Standard edition, upgrade to deluxe did not work
I purchased Money 2005 standard edition and then downloaded the upgrade to deluxe online. It didn't upgrade, and I can't redownload the upgrade since it was a one time download. I've tried calling support but hung up after an hour. Please help! kyoung The trial version may still appear in the About Microsoft Money topic on the Help menu after you upgrade to Money 2005 Deluxe: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930 The main points are: Make sure you are signing into Money with the same Passport you used to purchase the upgrade, AND reboot your computer....

Multiple Schedule C businesses
I have 2 businesses, that go to seperate Schedule C's. How do I make Money keep the 2 straight? For tax reporting purposes. I have seperate cheking accounts for the business, just not sure how to make the companies appear seperately for the tax transactions and tax software download. "James" wrote: > I have 2 businesses, that go to seperate Schedule C's. How do I make Money > keep the 2 straight? Go to "Set up your categories" and add new categories for your second Schedule C business. When you assign the tax line, also assign the category to Copy 2...

How to change double arrow to single arrow (older version)
Hello, For many versions of Excel, when you clicked in any cell, then move your mouse pointer over any border of the cell until the mouse pointer changes to an arrow, you could right click and drag to its destination and then release. I now use Office XP, and instead of the single arrow I'm familiar with, the mouse pointer changes to a double arrow. It seems to perform the exact same functions, just a different image. Can anyone tell me how to change the double arrow to the older, familiar single arrow? Thanks, Ellen Hall Hi Ellen, Don't know about the double arrow, but you soun...

Outlook 02 business contact manager
I try to open a contact record and I get an error " array index out of bounds". Does anyone know how to resolve this problem. Outlook 2002 does not contain a Business Contact Manager. What is the program that you are using for this purpose? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Rick Aquino <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I try to open a contact record an...

Removing "Symantec Fax Starter Edition" plug-in to Outlook 2003
Gurus, Running Outlook 2003. Everytime I hit Send/Receive, I see Symantec Fax Starter Edition in the "Tasks" as part of sending and receiving. Symantec Fax Starter Edition must be a plug in to Outlook on my computer. Is there a way I can remove this Outlook plug-in as I do not see "Symantec Fax Starter Edition" listed under Add/Remove Programs. -- Spin SFSE was not available to Outlook programs after Outlook 2000, according to my research. You might be able to remove it using this info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195600 "Spin" <Spin@invalid...

Recover previous version of a file? #2
I sorted a portion of an Excel file to print it and found that the whole file had been sorted so columns don't match part way through. It was shut down and restarted. Any way to re-organize to the original format? help please! Anyone out there ? Can you help? thanks >-----Original Message----- >I sorted a portion of an Excel file to print it and found >that the whole file had been sorted so columns don't >match part way through. It was shut down and restarted. >Any way to re-organize to the original format? help >please! >. > 15 minutes isn't ...

how to edit the access right of C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\
I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied Compiler need read files from C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ I could not see the folders under C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ in explorer. and I can access these file from Command window so these files are there I try to set the security let NETWORK SERVICE and IIS_IUSER have read right but perperty window of assembly folder does not have security tab. help and suggestion needed. Thanks "MXC" <mxchen100@hotmail.com> wrote: >I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied > &g...

Help to edit (bold, colour etc) words in a text box created by control toolbox
Hi. How do i format txt inside a txt box -i.e. make certain words bold or different colour, use bulet points or spell checks etc? I have a fixed size txt box with horizontal scroll bars in a daily excel report/ log. Cells available for txt input is at a premium hence my option to have fixed size txt box with scrolls. Problem is that we have lost abillity to highlight a few key words/ sections within this txt box by using bold or coloured txt & bullet points. Also, a spell check is desirable but none of these features are active for the txt box part of the excel doc. Is there a way aro...

edit directly in cell in Excel 2007
Hi, in Excel 2003 I disable the "Edit directly in cell" option so that when I double-click on a cell that has a formula link ='Sheet1'A23 the cursor goes to cell A23 of Sheet1. It is very useful for me to nabvigate among my formula. I'm searching the same option in Excel 2007 but I really cannot find it.. Thanks a lot! Andrea Hi Andrea This is a big as far as I know in 2007 Hope they fixed it in the beta refresh ? -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00CB0BD7-0C53...

Attaching a business logo in e-mail footer?
I have tried to attach a business logo to the footer of my outgoing e-mails but am having dificulty! Either it does not display or it says the security settings are wrong! Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks Ernie ...

Spell checker with different versions
We are using (still I know) Office XP with Outlook 2003. Is ther any possibility to enable spell checker within Outlook 2003? Thank you Sascha "Sascha" <Sascha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC578A9D-38CB-4AE5-9E5E-3A197008B998@microsoft.com... > We are using (still I know) Office XP with Outlook 2003. Is ther any > possibility to enable spell checker within Outlook 2003? No. Outlook needs to use Word for the spell check and Outlook 2003 doesn't integrate with Word 2002. Both programs must be from the same Office suite for the...

OAB Version 3a missing
Hello Everybody, We have migrated from Exchange 2000 native to Exchange 2003, and upgraded some clients to outlook 2003. The Outlook 2003 client receive error when downloading the Offline Address Book. Upon more research I find that the public folder does not have OAB Version 3A folder created. When I rebuild the Offline Address books if builds it fine without any errors. Any way, I could generate an OAB version 3A folder. Thanks IK Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=817377 On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:29:23 -0700, <IK@PS.com> wrote: >Hello Everybody, ...