Is it possible to customize money?

Hi,

I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop
functionalities for it.

Let me explain better: I'm from Brazil, and the default stock quote
finder isn't able to get local quotes.

So, I was wondering if it's possible to customize it, or build a brand
new one (I'm a programer).

TIA,

Bob
0
rcrios (1)
5/10/2005 12:27:33 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10.

<rcrios@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop
> functionalities for it.
>
> Let me explain better: I'm from Brazil, and the default stock quote
> finder isn't able to get local quotes.
>
> So, I was wondering if it's possible to customize it, or build a brand
> new one (I'm a programer).

FYI about System Resources and Money
People who are using a slower computer and run Money may want to do a ctrl-alt-del once they are finished with Money. Under the Processes tab, find the mnyschdll.exe, mis.exe and misuser.exe. End these processes. They do not stop when you turn Money off and are resource hogs. Right now they are eating a total of 23 meg of my resources. I have never had any adverse effects from ending these. And they just restart once you open Money again. Also, Adobeacrobat does the same thing. When you look at that PDF file, it leaves a program running after you close the file. Think it wa...

Custome Recurrence Cycle?
My brother works three different shifts, one shift per seven day period EXCEPT the last week is only six days long. That allows the entire work crew to cycle through different days off as time goes on. So it is actually a 20 day cycle. He works A A A A A O O M M M M M O O D D D D D O A... It would be nice to be able to see his schedule in the future so I'm wondering if there is any way to put a custom cycle into the Recurrence window? Otherwise, one must do it by hand and one mistake... let's not go there. Thanks. dlm --------------------------- Dan Merkel Dan Merkel &...

Help With the Customer Mailing Labels
Hi guys, For some reason the predefined Customer Mailing Labels report that comes with the system does not work for me. In Manager, I go to Utilities > Crystal Reports. I select my report and I choose the sort field (or none) and choose a criterion (or none) and click on generate. The application stops responding for a while and then I get the "Cannot Open SQL Server" error. Same thing happens for all the other predefined Crystal Reports. I have tried this on other machines as well, and got the same error. The rest of the RMS apps run without a problem, so I know the SQL...

Is it possible

Custom Colors on Graph
Is there any way to use custom colors with Excel graphs? The standard choices are limiting, and other Microsoft titles all allow custom colors. Am I missing something here? Thanks, Sarah Sarah - Excel uses a palette of 56 colors, and that's it. You can adjust these 56 to your heart's content, though. Pick Options from the Tools menu, and click on the Colors tab. The bottom two rows are the ones used in default charts (for more series, it keeps moving up a row). One by one, select a color and click on the Modify button, to adjust the color. When you like the colors, keep them...

American Funds, Yodlee and MS Money
I am using MS Money 2005. At the bottom of the screen it says "Account information provided by Yodlee, Inc. or your financial institutions online services." If I go into the account set up it does not list American Funds, where I currently have 529's, Roth’s and IRA investments. OK... but I also have all of my accounts set up in Yodlee’s Oncenter. My American funds accounts ALL show up there just fine. So why am I able to connect to American funds with Yodlee Oncenter, MS Money uses Yodlee, but MS Money does not have American Funds in the Institutions list? Seems to me lik...

Money's Loan calc?
Whenever I set up a loan with MS Money that has a set payment (interest + principal) it gives some wacked out interest amount that does not comply with a 30 day ((principal * intRate)/12) or a 365 day ((principal * intRate) * (amount of days/365)) or a 52 week yr formula either. None of my other software compares with Money's interest amounts. Does anyone have a comment on this? In microsoft.public.money, G wrote: >Whenever I set up a loan with MS Money that >has a set payment (interest + principal) it gives >some wacked out interest amount that does >not comply with a 30 d...

Inserting Customers into HQ using SQL
We are writing an integration to RMS HQ Customers from an application called Campus View. I'm trying to write an insert statement to insert into the Customer table. I first tried inserting a record without explicitly setting the ID or HQID fields in the script to see if SQL would auto-generate these key fields for me. I received an error that null values weren't allowed. I tried manually creating a customer to see what ID values it would assign. Rather than starting at 1 and auto incrementing it appears to be choosing very long numbers to assign as the ID fields. For exampl...

Personal Folders in OWA

Custom Recipient deletion
Hi, Does any one know how to automatically delete bulk Custom Recipients in Exchange 5.5 using a script/tool? warm regards, DK You can use directory import. For the "Mode" field, specify "DELETE". -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "dkorani" <dkorani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156897865.785636.182760@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Does any one know how to automatically delete bulk Custom Recipients in > Exchange 5.5 using a script/tool? > > warm regards, >...

converting ver 2001 money to 2007
How does on go about upgrading a 2001 version into the Office Accounting? -- accountant Never done it, but it says you can here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/accounting/HA102065951033.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "mijdnalloh" <dutchii@comcast.net> wrote in message news:47028EEC-E8AA-4264-AB9E-78B879B20CE5@microsoft.com... > How does on go about upgrading a 2001 version into the Office ...

Money 04
I'm trying to load buyandhold.com data into money04. Using MSN Money online, it lists buyandhold.com as an institution but not in Money04. Anyway I can sync the info to list buyandhold in money04? I setup my buyandhold acct in MSN and it worked ok, but will not load into Money 04. It looks like Money04 syncs one direction which is App to Online, not vice-cersa. Please help. ...

creating a custom signature
I want to create a custom signature to sign ALL emails automatically. Also wish to add to that below my signature my personal mission statement. how do I do this? Hello Diane, The tutorial below can help show you how to create and setup a signature in Windows Mail. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94853-windows-mail-signatures.html Hope this helps, Shawn Diane;1253171 Wrote: > I want to create a custom signature to sign ALL emails automatically. > Also wish to add to that below my signature my personal mission > statement. > how do I do this? -- B...

Custom Entities and the State/Status Code Values
We created a custom entity called "Service Order" that operates similar to a Case/Incident in that it has several "states": New, In-Process, Completed and Canceled. Each Service Order state has a number of sub-status values. I tried to use the OOTB CRM fields "statecode" and "statuscode" for managing the settings for each one (similar to the way you handle Cases) and I was surprised to find that I could not define any state codes for custom entities. Without a state code, I am left with Active and Inactive. When a Service Order has been complete...

Money 2004 Stock price updates
When asking Money 2004 to update stock prices, it says it is updating and the date of last update is correct but the stock prices never change. We have internet connection through our cable provider. When I look at the connection screen it says there is not a dial-up connection but the default shows as our old dial up group. However, the default is a gray shade so I am not sure it is active. How do I check this and/or what do I do? Thanks so much. I am having a problem with Money 2004's portfolio update, too. I just installed it and entered portfolio data yesterday. I fou...

Custom Number Format #6
I created a custom number format #,##0,_);(#,##0,) that rounds number to thousands but it also shows 0 as blank. I need a format that als shows "0" as "0". Thanks for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try #,##0,_);(#,##0,);0 >-----Original Message----- >I created a custom number format #,##0,_);(#,##0,) that rounds numbers >to thousands but it also shows 0 as blank. I need a format that also >shows "0" as "0". > >Thanks for your help. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/...

Money 2004 --> Money 2007 == nothing but trouble
I can log in and do anything I want manually with Money 2007 but now that it's hooked to Windows Live I can do very little online. The conversion process from 04 -> 07 is poor and now I can no longer download transactions from my bank. The only reason I upgraded to 2007 is that 2004 was telling me that online services were no longer supported in that version. What a crock of ****!!!! Poor, poor, poor, Microshaft! You force me to upgrade to a version of your software that is severely handicapped and now what? Do I have to pay you money to get it working by a support call? I see th...

Custom 0\.00 Format with Comma
I have a workbook where numbers are entered as whole numbers (includes cents but no decimal point) on one worksheet. These numbers are pulled into another worksheet and I need the numbers to have decimal points before the last two numbers. From another post, I found out I can do this by formatting these cells as Custom = 0\.00 . Is there a way to have the comma appear before the thousands? No. When you ask Excel to insert commas into a number, it will do so in groups of three before the decimal point. However, Excel thinks your decimal point is after the cent, not after ...

Custom filters
I created a custom filter on a city field, looking for all cities that start with So. The criteria used was begins with SO. THis works fine. I then tried to filter for zipcodes begins with 46. THis filter returns no records, and there at least 50 in the list. I also tried to use wildcards * or ??? Still no returned records. Am I using the feature incorrectly. Thanks Dudley Try "Greater than 45000" AND "Less than 47000" Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Dudley" <Dudley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F303E...

Customer PO Required
We have issues with orders being processed, shipped and invoiced without obtaining a PO number from the customer. This causes lots of difficulty in receiving payment from those customers who require a PO. No PO - no pay, costing us time and money on the collection side. What are some alternatives to eliminate this issue? I thought about making PO Number a required field, but not all customers require one. What are some other solutions? -- Pete P. You may want to look into a tool that Microsoft Professional Tools Services offers - below is the description for this tool. Customer PO...

Money 2006 Deluxe
My apologies in advance if this is a naive or self-evident question... I'm in process (I think) of switching from Quicken 2002 to Money 2006 Deluxe. I've imported my financial records from Quicken into Money. I can't figure out how to set a custom fiscal year that's not the calendar year. I was able to do so in Quicken, and I need to do so (because I'm the treasurer of a small nonprofit that has a July-thru-June fiscal year). How do I define my fiscal year to Money? Thanks! -- Rob Lindauer - Please change "att" to "sbc" for my real email addre...