Is it possible to add Categories for transactions in Money Essenti

I have been using msmoney 2004 on my lap top. Decided to start keeping this
program on my new TouchSmart. Downloaded Money Essential 2008. Was I
surprised at the changes!! Is there any way to add categories to keep better
track of transactions? The ones included are just too basic for someone
trying to track expenses for 3 households. If this isn't possible...what is
the most current year (2005, 2006) that still offers the 2004 format?
0
SLC (4)
8/11/2008 2:27:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, SLC wrote:

>I have been using msmoney 2004 on my lap top. Decided to start keeping this
>program on my new TouchSmart. Downloaded Money Essential 2008. Was I
>surprised at the changes!! Is there any way to add categories to keep better
>track of transactions? The ones included are just too basic for someone
>trying to track expenses for 3 households. If this isn't possible...what is
>the most current year (2005, 2006) that still offers the 2004 format?

Money Plus Deluxe will convert your Money 2004 file. It lets you
create categories and a lot more.

http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_deluxe.mspx
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/11/2008 2:32:57 PM
Great, I've bought/downloaded the wrong program. Wonder what I should do
now...short of deleting Essential and purchasing Deluxe. Nuts.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, SLC wrote:
>
> >I have been using msmoney 2004 on my lap top. Decided to start keeping this
> >program on my new TouchSmart. Downloaded Money Essential 2008. Was I
> >surprised at the changes!! Is there any way to add categories to keep better
> >track of transactions? The ones included are just too basic for someone
> >trying to track expenses for 3 households. If this isn't possible...what is
> >the most current year (2005, 2006) that still offers the 2004 format?
>
> Money Plus Deluxe will convert your Money 2004 file. It lets you
> create categories and a lot more.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_deluxe.mspx

0
SLC (4)
8/11/2008 2:48:11 PM
In microsoft.public.money, SLC wrote:

>Great, I've bought/downloaded the wrong program. Wonder what I should do
>now...short of deleting Essential and purchasing Deluxe. Nuts.

Ideally you would have downloaded the free trial first.

But now you want to return Essentials and buy Deluxe. Look for
contact info in the email you got when you bought Essentials.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, SLC wrote:
>>
>> >I have been using msmoney 2004 on my lap top. Decided to start keeping this
>> >program on my new TouchSmart. Downloaded Money Essential 2008. Was I
>> >surprised at the changes!! Is there any way to add categories to keep better
>> >track of transactions? The ones included are just too basic for someone
>> >trying to track expenses for 3 households. If this isn't possible...what is
>> >the most current year (2005, 2006) that still offers the 2004 format?
>>
>> Money Plus Deluxe will convert your Money 2004 file. It lets you
>> create categories and a lot more.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_deluxe.mspx

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/11/2008 2:55:47 PM
Ideally would have been the way to go but I didn't...so I have contacted
customer service in the hopes we can work something out. Thanks for your
help...it just may cost me another $30. Lesson learned.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, SLC wrote:
>
> >Great, I've bought/downloaded the wrong program. Wonder what I should do
> >now...short of deleting Essential and purchasing Deluxe. Nuts.
>
> Ideally you would have downloaded the free trial first.
>
> But now you want to return Essentials and buy Deluxe. Look for
> contact info in the email you got when you bought Essentials.

> >> Money Plus Deluxe will convert your Money 2004 file. It lets you
> >> create categories and a lot more.
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_deluxe.mspx

0
SLC (4)
8/11/2008 4:02:01 PM
Note that Essentials cannot read any file produced by an earlier version!
:-(

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For unofficial FAQs see
http://money.mvps.org/
or
http://umpmfaq.info/

"SLC" <SLC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been using msmoney 2004 on my lap top. Decided to start keeping this
> program on my new TouchSmart. Downloaded Money Essential 2008. Was I
> surprised at the changes!! Is there any way to add categories to keep
> better
> track of transactions? The ones included are just too basic for someone
> trying to track expenses for 3 households. If this isn't possible...what
> is
> the most current year (2005, 2006) that still offers the 2004 format?

0
bob_peel2056 (736)

Is it possible

converting ver 2001 money to 2007
How does on go about upgrading a 2001 version into the Office Accounting? -- accountant Never done it, but it says you can here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/accounting/HA102065951033.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "mijdnalloh" <dutchii@comcast.net> wrote in message news:47028EEC-E8AA-4264-AB9E-78B879B20CE5@microsoft.com... > How does on go about upgrading a 2001 version into the Office ...

Personal Folders in OWA

Help to add email account
I am unable to add my AOL email account to Outlook. Does anyone know the addresses or how to do that? ...

Bought a house! How to add into Money?
I just bought my first house a few weeks ago. I have been using money for about a year now to track all my expenses, budget, investments, etc. and have found it very useful. However, i am wondering what is the best way to add a mortgage into money so i can track what i have paid? Should i just do it as an normal expense and maybe just break down the payment into subcategories (insurance, taxes, mortgage) or is there an actual better way to do this? Thanks! I would suggst that you create an asset account for the house and a loan account for the mortgage. Then create a payment in the bil...

Moving an old transaction from one account to another.
I have a *very* strange situation here... Once upon a time, Mr. Pat Smith married Ms. Pat Jones. The Mrs. Pat Smith was a cute oddity for the duration of the marriage. Sadly, the marriage ended. Mrs. Smith did not change her last name back to Jones... Now we have two people in town with the same name. 'Pat Smith'. Mr. Pat Smith bought a mattress set. In RMS, the mattress is on Mrs. Pat Smith's account. This probably would have gone unnoticed for along time, possibly forever, except for the unfortunate demise of the mattress under warranty. Now we need to return the m...

Add text to formula?
I have this formula kindly given to me in one of these Excel ngs: =COUNTIF(E:E,"You Won!*")&":"&COUNTIF(E:E,"You Lost*") The challenge is that any custom text I add to the cell formatting doesn't show up in the cell. Would it be possible to add something like this text below to the above (but also including line breaks)?: **************************************************************** Score --------- You:Computer = Formula result of: =COUNTIF(E:E,"You Won!*")&":"&COUNTIF(E:E,"You Lost*") *********************...

Installation Probelms with Money 99 and XP Pro
I have successfully installed Money 99 on my laptop which has XP Home (SP2). When I try to install it on my desktop with XP Pro (SP 2), I receive the following message: "16 Bit Windows Subsystem - C:\Windows\System 32\Autoexec.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-Dos and Microsoft Windows applications." Can anyone please help? Tough to say. My first thought is to attack the file C:\Windows\System 32\Autoexec.NT. I'd rename it out of the way so it didn't apply at all. <ivawda@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1108812429.990347.236340@f14g2000cwb.google...

Trying to add or save a record.
I tried this awhile back and gave up. Trying again. I made a form with two tables, customers & calls. When I enter the phone number from the customers table that exists it populates the form the way I want it and I can save the form or add a new record and I think it is saving it in the calls table. If I enter a phone that doesn't exist and try to exit or enter a new record, I get the following. The microsoft jet database engine cannot find a record in the table 'customer' with key matching field(s) 'Phone#'. What I am trying to do is save the form even though ...

Using Update New w Money 2006
Hi all, I recently updated my Money 2000 to Money 2006. So far it has been an absolutely miserable experience. I hate Money 2006 compared to Money 2000. My bank is Wachovia. When I Update Now to bring in my new transactions more than half of the payees are screwed up and it brings in transactions a month in advance. Is there a setting that I have wrong? I never had this problem with M 2000 so I really don't think there is anything wrong with Wachovia. When I view my transactions at Wachovia.com they're ok. Any help would be very much appreciated. It used to take me 5 minutes to ...

Wanting to not add a blank element to the XML
I'm serializing a class and some of the elements end up with blank results. This is fine. When I serialize the class the elements show up in the resulting XML as something like <SigningLicence/> If it's blank how can I prevent this element from getting into the XML completely . It is optional according to the schema but fails on validation when it's in there in this form. Jamie Hi Jamie, Could you post some code of your class and the serialization code, so that we can try to make a repro on this issue? Kevin Yu ======= "This posting is provided "AS I...

Money 2004 --> Money 2007 == nothing but trouble
I can log in and do anything I want manually with Money 2007 but now that it's hooked to Windows Live I can do very little online. The conversion process from 04 -> 07 is poor and now I can no longer download transactions from my bank. The only reason I upgraded to 2007 is that 2004 was telling me that online services were no longer supported in that version. What a crock of ****!!!! Poor, poor, poor, Microshaft! You force me to upgrade to a version of your software that is severely handicapped and now what? Do I have to pay you money to get it working by a support call? I see th...

Add multiple domains to spam deny list and real time sbl
Hi, What file can I open in Exchange 2003 to add a list of domains I want to prevent from sending spam, so that I do not have to add each one individualy. Also, how do you set up Exchange 2003 to check the sbl.spamhaus.org real time listing. They list the sites to block and say you can connect to them for free. Can anyone please help? ...

Accessing Add-Ins Tab
Hello, I recently installed Office 2007 Enterprise Edition on my laptop. During the installation it prompted me if I would like to upgrade or to remove all the previous versions (Office 2003). I opted to remove and do a custom install so that I could install some add-ins to some of the Office applications. My problem is that when I try to access the Excel Add-Ins tab that displays upon clicking on the Excel Options button I get an error. The error comes up in an a dialog box stating that "Microsoft Office Excel has encounter a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the in...

sizing pie chart category data label
I would appreciate advice on re-sizing pie chart category data labels. When I click on the label, I get a box around the text, just like other microsoft applications, but when I click and drag on the points, the text label box does not re-size...it stays the same size. Any suggestions? Thank you. I think it auto-adjusts to suit the font-size and text that you have in there. Try right-clicking on the label, then you usually have access to other features. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 9, 4:41 pm, susanh...@ou.edu wrote: > I would appreciate advice on re-sizing pie chart category data labe...

removing old money
I am trying to upgrade my new hubby's software to money 2004. He has lost the money2001 cd so I cannot remove it, and cannot do any online banking because everytime I try it asks for the 2001 cd, even though I have installed 2004. What can I do to solve this problem? Sorry to have such a stupid problem. In microsoft.public.money, Trina wrote: >I am trying to upgrade my new hubby's software to money >2004. He has lost the money2001 cd so I cannot remove it, >and cannot do any online banking because everytime I try >it asks for the 2001 cd, even though I have insta...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Add a custom date to recipt!
I would like to add a coupon to the bottom of every recipt that I print, but I also need to have a custom date range of when the coupon may be used (one week from the purchase date) within that coupon. A simple text coupon at the bottom of the recipt would be fine, but I need a code that will print the date exactly one week from the date of the transaction. Hi Scott, there are few things You may do, for adding a new date into your recepit. Create a variable into your receipt, for example like this: <SET name="Date2" custom="true" description="Second Dat...

add account script
How to add a pop3 mail account on script or vbscript or vb exe file? You can use a prf-file which you can call in your script. Examples and instructions regarding the prf-file can be found in the Office Resource Kit -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "berk" <b@b.b> wrote in message news:ehoNROePEHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How to add a pop3 mail account on script or vbscript or vb exe file? > > ...

add maskedbox to form on runtime
Hello to you all is it possible to programmatically add a maskedbox to a form at runtime? thanks Catharinus "Catharinus" <csvanderwerf@planet.nl> wrote... > Hello to you all > > is it possible to programmatically add a maskedbox to a form at > runtime? Assuming the Masked Edit control library is referenced in the project, With Controls.Add("MSMask.MaskEdBox", "MaskEdBox1") .Move 100, 100, 1200, 350 .Mask = "(###)-###-####" .Visible = True .SetFocus End With On 21 a...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...