Investmnet transactions by tx date vs. settlement date?

When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon
the settlement date rather than the transaction date.  This can confuse me as
the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes seems like more).  Is there a way
to set the default to record and track transactions by the trade date rather
than the date the trade settles?
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote:

>When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon
>the settlement date rather than the transaction date.  This can confuse me as
>the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes seems like more).  Is there a way
>to set the default to record and track transactions by the trade date rather
>than the date the trade settles?

In the United States, the transaction date should be used. What
broker are you talking about?

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
4/19/2006 1:51:42 PM
Brown&Co

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote:
>
> >When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon
> >the settlement date rather than the transaction date.  This can confuse me as
> >the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes seems like more).  Is there a way
> >to set the default to record and track transactions by the trade date rather
> >than the date the trade settles?
>
> In the United States, the transaction date should be used. What
> broker are you talking about?

In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote:

>Brown&Co

I suggest you phone them at 800-822-2021 or email them at
 customerservice <at> brownco.com

I assume this is a recent problem.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote:
>>
>> >When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon
>> >the settlement date rather than the transaction date.  This can confuse me as
>> >the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes seems like more).  Is there a way
>> >to set the default to record and track transactions by the trade date rather
>> >than the date the trade settles?
>>
>> In the United States, the transaction date should be used. What
>> broker are you talking about?

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
4/19/2006 2:55:12 PM
Not really.  It's always been that way.  I tried reinstalling everything and
starting over but it's the same.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote:
>
> >Brown&Co
>
> I suggest you phone them at 800-822-2021 or email them at
>  customerservice <at> brownco.com
>
> I assume this is a recent problem.

> >> In the United States, the transaction date should be used. What
> >> broker are you talking about?

In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote:

>Not really.  It's always been that way.  I tried reinstalling everything and
>starting over but it's the same.

OK. You are talking about Buy and Sell of stocks using the
settlement date.  It is not that way with most brokers. It is common
for the sweep transactions to and from a money market fund to be
dated for the settlement date, but it is not common for the dates
for the stock Buy and Sell to be the settlement date. I am surprised
that I have not noticed somebody commenting on that before.

BrownCo has servers that provide the transactions, including the
dates, to Microsoft Money.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote:
>>
>> >Brown&Co
>>
>> I suggest you phone them at 800-822-2021 or email them at
>>  customerservice <at> brownco.com
>>
>> I assume this is a recent problem.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
4/19/2006 3:52:20 PM
Thanks!  I'll call Brown&Co and research.  I'll post their response

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote:
>
> >Not really.  It's always been that way.  I tried reinstalling everything and
> >starting over but it's the same.
>
> OK. You are talking about Buy and Sell of stocks using the
> settlement date.  It is not that way with most brokers. It is common
> for the sweep transactions to and from a money market fund to be
> dated for the settlement date, but it is not common for the dates
> for the stock Buy and Sell to be the settlement date. I am surprised
> that I have not noticed somebody commenting on that before.
>
> BrownCo has servers that provide the transactions, including the
> dates, to Microsoft Money.

> >> I suggest you phone them at 800-822-2021 or email them at
> >>  customerservice <at> brownco.com
> >>
> >> I assume this is a recent problem.

Thanks!  I'll call Brown&Co to research.  I'll post their answer.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote:
>
> >Not really.  It's always been that way.  I tried reinstalling everything and
> >starting over but it's the same.
>
> OK. You are talking about Buy and Sell of stocks using the
> settlement date.  It is not that way with most brokers. It is common
> for the sweep transactions to and from a money market fund to be
> dated for the settlement date, but it is not common for the dates
> for the stock Buy and Sell to be the settlement date. I am surprised
> that I have not noticed somebody commenting on that before.
>
> BrownCo has servers that provide the transactions, including the
> dates, to Microsoft Money.

> >> I suggest you phone them at 800-822-2021 or email them at
> >>  customerservice <at> brownco.com
> >>
> >> I assume this is a recent problem.

Well this is a crock.  I cheked with the broker, they said (as expected) that
they just send the data.  Money manages and formats the information.  So I
called MS.  Turns out that's the way it is, according this a rep named
Sherrie.  I have a hard time believing that.

Also, I have options that expire, e.g. covered calls.  When they expire,
they don't dissapear from my portfolio and say on forever, screwing up the
value.

She said that's the way it is for that too.  What a piss poor product.

"spacebased" wrote:

> Thanks!  I'll call Brown&Co to research.  I'll post their answer.
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
> > In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote:
> >
> > >Not really.  It's always been that way.  I tried reinstalling everything and
> > >starting over but it's the same.
> >
> > OK. You are talking about Buy and Sell of stocks using the
> > settlement date.  It is not that way with most brokers. It is common
> > for the sweep transactions to and from a money market fund to be
> > dated for the settlement date, but it is not common for the dates
> > for the stock Buy and Sell to be the settlement date. I am surprised
> > that I have not noticed somebody commenting on that before.
> >
> > BrownCo has servers that provide the transactions, including the
> > dates, to Microsoft Money.

In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote:

>Well this is a crock.  I cheked with the broker, they said (as expected) that
>they just send the data.  Money manages and formats the information.  So I
>called MS.  Turns out that's the way it is, according this a rep named
>Sherrie.  I have a hard time believing that.

Would you like to investigate the truth? This would involve
collecting a log file of an OFX session where you download such a
buy or a sell. If you want to do that, identify which Money program
you are using, and I can post the technique.

Perhaps you misunderstood Sherrie, or Sherrie was wrong.

>Also, I have options that expire, e.g. covered calls.  When they expire,
>they don't dissapear from my portfolio and say on forever, screwing up the
>value.
>
>She said that's the way it is for that too.  What a piss poor product.

That is hard to believe. No, wait. That is bull. If nothing else,
you would enter the option expiration yourself, if it somehow did
not download.

>"spacebased" wrote:
>
>> Thanks!  I'll call Brown&Co to research.  I'll post their answer.

>> > OK. You are talking about Buy and Sell of stocks using the
>> > settlement date.  It is not that way with most brokers. It is common
>> > for the sweep transactions to and from a money market fund to be
>> > dated for the settlement date, but it is not common for the dates
>> > for the stock Buy and Sell to be the settlement date. I am surprised
>> > that I have not noticed somebody commenting on that before.
>> >
>> > BrownCo has servers that provide the transactions, including the
>> > dates, to Microsoft Money.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

date and time picker control error
i have a tab control on my form. i then have several microsoft date and time picker control on the tab control. when i select a date on any of the date and time picker control, the result of the control's value is always 12:00:00 am instead of the date i selected even though the date displays correctly on the date and time picker control. the controls are unbound. why is this? i also have another identical form where the date and time picker controls are bound. when i use the navigation buttons to move between records on this form, the error message "An error occurred in a call to ...

This Transaction Can Not Be Entered
I had a bunch of investment accounts as well as my checking and credit card accounts in Money. I wasn't satisfied with the information I could get from the reports so I made a copy of the Money file, opened it, closed all of the investment accounts and wanted to use it just for Checks and Credit Cards. Everytime I try to enter a transaction, whether manual or from the "Bills" feature I get the message that the transaction can not be entered. Is this because I made a copy? Thanks for the help -- Jerry In microsoft.public.money, Jerry <jyeagley3@comcast.net(donotspam)>...

hidden transactions #2
I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I tried to find out why, I got some greyed out transaction when I went from bill schedule through right click to payee. This transaction cannot be changed or deleted, but in total all such transactions made up the difference in balance. Any suggestions? Oscar -- Elvart In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote: >I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off >on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I ...

[Entourage 2004] Show me the date!
Hi, How can I force Entourage 2004 (SP2) to sort mails by received and at the same time show me the receive date instead of weekday and time? It doesn't work to disable 'Use relative dates in lists (Today, Yesterday)' in General Preferences > General. It still shows me weekday and time instead of the date. -- Regards Madsen Under the "View" menu, set "Preview Pane" to "Below List" or "None". If the Preview Pane is set so that it is "On Right", the message list will always use relative dates. I agree that it is an unfo...

Word 2007 vs Word 2003 VBA autotext
We use VBA code: DestTemplate.AutoTextEntries.Add in a macro to "copy" autotext entries created in a Word 2003 document to a Word 2003 template to be used in different documents. If we run the macro in Word 2003, the resutling template 2003Autotext.dot can be used in both Word 2003 and Word 2007 documents. However, if we run the macro in Word 2007, the resutling template 2007Autotext.dot can be used ONLY in Word 2007 but not in Word 2003 documents. All autotext entries (AutoTextEntries.Item) appear to be deleted, or invisible to Word 2003. Is there a...

Account Transaction Import from Bank?
My financial institution only offers QIF exports to import into Money. However, the transactions are VERY vague. D1/16'04 T-5.15 PPOS Transaction ^ D1/15'04 T-55.45 N5091 The full statement online shows where the PPOS Transaction took place...like say Walmart. However in the QIF it only shows as "PPOS Transaction, so for me to manage my checkbook with Money is like double the work. Why would a bank not include a bit more of a description of where the transaction took place in the QIF export? Am I missing something? Is there an easier way, without finding a new bank? thanks...

Transaction origin
When I go to the Inquiry/Sales/Transaction by customer I found a field which is called origin. Well ... I can=B4t understand what is the meaning of Open in tha field? I guess that History origin is linked with the transaction posted and Work is linked with the transaction in a batch. Is that true? Best regards, Ingrid Work - Transactions currently in a batch awaiting posting. Open - Transactions posted and perhaps already fully applied. You need to run the Paid Transaction Removal process to move them into history if fully applied. All these transactions reside in the RM20101 table His...

Date Formula Help #2
I am tring to create a formuls that will allow me to do the following: In cell A1 have a start date, let's say 02/01/05 and in cell B 02/02/05 and so on all the way to the end of the month. But when I get to the end of the month the cell that would contain th date of 02/29/05 would be blank if it is not a leap year and if it is leap year then it would show the date of 02/29/05. Thanks a million for any help -- cummings ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cummingse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2561 View ...

cannot save the date
I am at a loss why i cant save the todays date.On my form i have a control called LastUpdated.It is set to day/time and to a short date.I want to save the present date by the following: Me!LastUpdated = Now RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name However the field lastUpdated stays blank and does not show the present date. What may be the reason ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:47:14 GMT, "peljo via AccessMonster.com" <u19312@uwe> wrote: >I am at a los...

Undeletable transaction
Hi there, I've got a transaction that appears in the cash forecast as well as in the income/expense report..... but not in my account statement. I'd like to delete or modify the transaction; the only way I can access this "phantom" transaction is by double clicking on it from the income histogram, but the amount, date and account are grayed out, which keeps me from doing anything. How can I get to this transaction to delete it. I've tried searching the account, but I can't find a thing, which makes sense because in the account statement, the balance does...

Unwanted automatic date format
I am doing some cut and past, and also some search and replace for numbers with a date-like format ("2-5", "2/5"), and Excell keeps interpreting these as dates, and inserts the date format. When I reformat the cell to text, the data is like "33679", I have lost the original data. I have repeatedly set the cell format to text before doing the search and replace, but for some reason, Excel still re-sets the format to Date. I have also tried reseting both the source and target spreadsheets to the text format before I cut and past. In both cases the problem...

Inventory Transaction Inquiry Window-Modifier
I would like to modify the Inventory Transaction Inquiry window to show the manufacturing order number (instead of just adjustment) so we don't have to drill back on inventory transaction to see the origin. How do I find the Transaction detail part of the window in modifier? I have found the header part of the window but scrollling window must be a different form to modifiy. thanks! -- Doug ...

A Bug & A Solution: Date field imported correctly into SQL, displays as one day short in GUI
There seems to be a date related bug in CRM. If I import data from an XL spreadsheet through the SQL server where I have a Date field (no time, date only), it gets imported into the SQL server as the correct Date, and with the Time showing up as 00:00:000. So my data is okay in the SQL server. However, the CRM GUI displays it as the previous date! , one day short of what I input. This error can be sidestepped by importing the dates as date+time and with any time equal to or greater than 00:00:01. I'm not sure but couldn't this just be associated with that time zone the crm user is...

transaction discount problem in receipt
Hi, I have problem with discount on buy2get1 free and discount all items. For example: my item price=107$ and the quantity we need is 10 my promotion is buy2get1 free so the 2 transaction lines will be generated as line1: (107$*7)=749$ line2: (0$*3)=0$ so we save 321$ after that we discount more as 3% for all items, the system show as line1:(103.79$*7)=726.53$ line2:(0.0033$*3)=.01$ this time we save 22.47$ so in total we should save (321+22.47)=343.47$ However when we print Receipt, the discount shows only 22.47 because the value in POS Template variable called 'Transaction.Disco...

Sum Where Date is less than certain date
I might be getting too technical for my level, but here is what I am trying to do. I want to sum amounts from a query that is not the source for my form. I have the sum working, but I want to break it down. I am trying to sum the numbers that are less than the date in the date field of my form. Here is what I have so far, courtesy of help I received in this group: =IIf([Car] Is Not Null,IIf([Car]="1",DSum("[Miles on Previous Tank]","AutosGasStats1")/DSum("[Gallons Pumped]","AutosGasStats1"),DSum("[Miles on Previous Tank]","A...

eConnect issue: "transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions"
While working with the eConnect samples I receive this error :"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004D024): The transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions." The application in question is in C#, eConnect and GP are both ver 8.0. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks, Keith ...

Displaying birthdays from the birth date
Hello. I have a brief question, of how do i do some sort of label which displays what persons in my database were born on this day... considering that i enter the whole date of their birth in the database. On 17 Apr 2007 14:11:39 -0700, K wrote: > Hello. I have a brief question, of how do i do some sort of label > which displays what persons in my database were born on this day... > considering that i enter the whole date of their birth in the database. Create a query. Include the person's [NameField] and a new column. Birthday:Format([DateOfBirth],"mm/dd") As crit...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

PO Last Receipt Date
If an item has been received on a PO, when you select the PO in Purchase Order Entry, you can go into the Purchasing Item Detail Entry window and see a Last Receipt date for the item that has been received. Is there any way to print this date on the PO printout? Elaine, Easily. This field is, not suprisingly, "Last Receipt Date" and it is the PO Line table. If it isn't already on your report, you should be able to drag it onto the report as long as it's not one of the temp table based reports. And if it is, you may then be able to link the po line table in and th...

Issue with MFC Feature Pack
Hello, I currently have an application that statically links to MFC but I would like to link to MFC as a shared DLL. At present I am using the new CMFCShellListCtrl from the feature pack which I have subclassed. In my subclass I make invocations on afxshellmanager functions. Everything worked fine with static MFC linkage but when I change to shared I get the following error: CMFCShellListCtrlThumbs.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class CShellManager * afxShellManager" (?afxShellManager@@3PAVCShellManager@@A) BTW, this is the code that generates the error: ...

Date & Time Detention Clock Functions
Hi I am creating a sheet that acts as a production clock and works out various factors that can change for work. I need help in several areas the production item has two clocks running simultaneously and as I cannot post my sheet I will try to explain what I mean. Product item I will call X X arrives say at 13:00 hrs today it has to be out within 24 hrs exactly I need a cell to add on 24 hours which shows the date and time known as Relevant Out date / time. During the 24 hours X may be transferred to another facility so I have to show that X is transfers out (I enter this cell with...

Money 2005
I have used Money since version 2002 and upgraded to 2003, 2004 but I am having problems with 2005. I have two American Express accounts - one for me and for my wife. When I ask Money to update the transactions with the update function it states that it is updating the account with transacitons. After the update I see no transactions downloaded. Now if I go to the American Express site directly and then open an oxf.ofx file (Open Financial Exchange File) it seems to work fine. I get the pop-up box "import complete". The transactions are downloaded fine. How do I get this...

Investmnet transactions by tx date vs. settlement date?
When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon the settlement date rather than the transaction date. This can confuse me as the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes seems like more). Is there a way to set the default to record and track transactions by the trade date rather than the date the trade settles? In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote: >When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon >the settlement date rather than the transaction date. This can confuse me as >the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes s...

Transaction to read when no actual transaction
I have an account called 'Honda accord'. It is an asset account that has a loan associated with it. The loan account is 'Honda loan.' I imported a transaction into Honda accord and says i have 1 transaction to read. I have view all dates/transactions selected and nothing comes up. The box to the left says i still have a transaction to read and I cant find the darn thing. Any Ideas???? -- Stephen and Erica Chenelle In microsoft.public.money, Stephen & Erica Chenelle wrote: >I have an account called 'Honda accord'. It is an asset account that has a >...

TRANSACTION and SELECT *
Hi all I have a question about SQL Transactions: For example, I have a table with 3 rows (ID 1, 2 and 3). Now I insert a new row within BEGIN TRANSACTION, and I do not commit yet. In another SQL Session, I try to select data. When I do SELECT * FROM Table, it is blocked. When I do SELECT * FROM Table WHERE ID = 2 I get a result. How can I make SELECT * FROM Table possible even when there is a open Transaction ? Of corse I only expect to get the ID's 1, 2 and 3 back and not the new row. I have looked about IsolationLevel, but this does not help. Thanks for any comments ...