investment summary #4

I have closed certain investment accounts, yet on my home
page the Investment Summary is still tracking them.  How
do I get the closed accounts to stop showing up on the
investment summary portion of my home page?
0
anonymous (74717)
10/5/2004 2:38:34 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

The investment page weems broken t me as well.  The total shown is not the
total of the accounts shown.

"Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have closed certain investment accounts, yet on my home
> page the Investment Summary is still tracking them.  How
> do I get the closed accounts to stop showing up on the
> investment summary portion of my home page?

0
woppenhe (160)
10/5/2004 5:28:56 AM
Have a look at this article: http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=98

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have closed certain investment accounts, yet on my home
> page the Investment Summary is still tracking them.  How
> do I get the closed accounts to stop showing up on the
> investment summary portion of my home page?

0
glyn1 (1533)
10/5/2004 12:28:14 PM
It was not really applicable.  It is a list of accounts, each individual
accout value being valid that I see.  The total shown for those accounts is
wrong.  The article dealt with individual assets within accounts.

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
> Have a look at this article: http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=98
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> if it's a UK specific wish.
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have closed certain investment accounts, yet on my home
> > page the Investment Summary is still tracking them.  How
> > do I get the closed accounts to stop showing up on the
> > investment summary portion of my home page?

0
woppenhe (160)
10/5/2004 2:37:49 PM
Under investment summary on my home page, I only see investments. Are you
tracking them in a watch account or other (non-closed) investment accounts?

--

"w_oppenheim" <woppenhe@ucla.edu> wrote in message
> It was not really applicable.  It is a list of accounts, each individual
> accout value being valid that I see.  The total shown for those accounts
> is
> wrong.  The article dealt with individual assets within accounts.
>
> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
>> Have a look at this article: http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=98
>>
>> --
>> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>> http://money.mvps.org
>>
>> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
>> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
>> if it's a UK specific wish.
>>
>> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>>
>> "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have closed certain investment accounts, yet on my home
>> > page the Investment Summary is still tracking them.  How
>> > do I get the closed accounts to stop showing up on the
>> > investment summary portion of my home page?

0
glyn1 (1533)
10/5/2004 3:42:32 PM
I see only accounts on the investing home page with M05.
> Under investment summary on my home page, I only see investments. Are you
> tracking them in a watch account or other (non-closed) investment
> accounts?
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> if it's a UK specific wish.
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "w_oppenheim" <woppenhe@ucla.edu> wrote in message
>> It was not really applicable.  It is a list of accounts, each individual
>> accout value being valid that I see.  The total shown for those accounts
>> is
>> wrong.  The article dealt with individual assets within accounts.
>>
>> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
>>> Have a look at this article: http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=98
>>>
>>> --
>>> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>>> http://money.mvps.org
>>>
>>> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>>> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
>>> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>>> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
>>> if it's a UK specific wish.
>>>
>>> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>>>
>>> "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
woppenhe (160)
10/12/2004 1:26:44 AM
Welll i am confused then. I brought up a test file with some investments and
investment accounts. Added the 'investment summary' to the home page. In it
were 3 columns, security, last and change. No sign of any accounts. just
those investments

Which version of Money, and can you drop me a screenshot by email.?

--

"William L. Oppenheim, M.D." <woppenhe@ucla.edu> wrote in message
> I see only accounts on the investing home page with M05.
> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
> > Under investment summary on my home page, I only see investments. Are
you
> > tracking them in a watch account or other (non-closed) investment
> > accounts?
> >
> > --
> > Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> > http://money.mvps.org
> >
> > Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> > for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> > suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> > or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> > if it's a UK specific wish.
> >
> > I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
> >
> > "w_oppenheim" <woppenhe@ucla.edu> wrote in message
> >> It was not really applicable.  It is a list of accounts, each
individual
> >> accout value being valid that I see.  The total shown for those
accounts
> >> is
> >> wrong.  The article dealt with individual assets within accounts.
> >>
> >> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message

0
glyn1 (1533)

How do I get 4 postcards per page on 8.5 x 11?
I cannot figure out how to get 4 "standard" size postcards per 8.5 x 11 sheet. I have even set page setup to landscape and it still only wants to put 2 postcards per sheet. JoJo wrote: > I cannot figure out how to get 4 "standard" size postcards per 8.5 x > 11 sheet. I have even set page setup to landscape and it still only > wants to put 2 postcards per sheet. ================================= In Pub 2007 the following steps work for me. Default paper size...8.5x11. Go to...Change Template / choose a postcard. Edit the postcard...etc. Go to...File / Prin...

How do I remove an investment from the investment list
MS Money Deluxe 2007 on Windows XP. I can add and update investments, but can't figure out how to remove them. Any ideas? Also, I closed a previous 401k account after rolling over the cash to a rollover IRA account. But Money still thinks the mutual fund positions in that 401k account are there. Well, those funds do NOT show in "portfolio manager", but they are still there as far as Money is concerned. Sometimes I would get an alert saying that I have not updated the prices for those funds for a long time. What's happening here? If those positions somehow have ...

Track Changes #4
We are supposed to be tracking changes in our spreadsheets. We (most of us) are using Excel 2000. With the track changes on, it also automatically shares the workbook. Now we can't make some changes because the changes some people need to make can't be done because of the share. Is there any way to track changes WITHOUT sharing? I appreciate any help I can get. Rose ...

service pack 4 for 5.5
I'm about to install sp4 for xchange 5.5 and was wondering if there is any prep work that i need to do first before the install. Just dont wanna get it wrong and have to spend a week fixing it all. Have heard that it needs to be done from DOS. This true? or can it be done through windows? If anyone knows of a step by step guide, that would be nice, or is it simply a case of shutting down xchange services, and running the update.exe file?? Thanks in advance for any help. Sean. It is always recommended to have a good backup in place prior to applying a service pack and then take another b...

Formula help needed #4
Hi, I am very new with excel. If I have several fields, each of which records the number of a particular item - Say Field A (item 1), Field B (item 2), Field C (item 3). When I create a report, I can see how to get the total of items in each individual field. However, I cannot work out how to add together the totals of Field A, Field B, and Field C to get a total of all items. I imagine that this involves inserting a formula somewhere, but I cannot work out how to do this. Can anyone help? if you're very new with excel.. PLEASE i beg of you-- run away while you still can Excel is...

Question on Investing performance calculation
How does Money calculate the Investing performance percentage that shows up in Investing/Investment Tools in Money 2006? While the percentages for Dow Jones and S&P match the newspaper so I assume they are calculated as current price - beginning of year price divided by beginning of year price, that same calculation does not appear to be true for my own investments. I could even verify this a few days into the year, before any pruchases/expenses etc. showed up which could mask the numbers for me. Does anyone know? Thanks! ...

Password #4
I would like to password protect an Excel file (or better yet a folder) from opening. Is this possible? Hi Mike! In all Versions it is under the Save As dialog but there are variations: Excel 97 and, I believe, before File > Save As Press Options Button Select from alternatives available Impose or Change password OK Re-confirm password or passwords OK Save With Excel 2000: File > Save As > Tools > General Options Select from alternatives available Impose or Change password OK Re-confirm password or passwords OK Save With Excel 2002(XP) and 2003 Two routes are now...

Send Email in Excel crashes after CRM 4.0 installation
Since installing CRM 4.0 Outlook client (rollup 7) onto my Vista (Outlook 2003 sp 3 and Excel XP), I cannot click on the Send to Mail Recipient button as Excel keeps crashing with the following details. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CRMUnmanaged Problem Signature 01: 4.0.7333.2138 Problem Signature 02: EXCEL.EXE Problem Signature 03: 29 Problem Signature 04: c:\bt\13487\src\application\outlook\abprovider\cablogon.cpp OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Event Log Faulting application EXCEL.EXE, version 10.0.6856.0, time stamp 0x4a7c8bc3, faulting modul...

transfer an investment
Anyone know how to transfer a SINGLE investment from one account to another in Money 2002? When I try to do this it wants to transfer all investments from one account to another. I only want to transfer 1 investment. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote: >Anyone know how to transfer a SINGLE investment from one >account to another in Money 2002? When I try to do this >it wants to transfer all investments from one account to >another. I only want to transfer 1 investment. In the investment transactions of the source account enter a Transfer Out transaction. ...

Recipient Policy #4
We have an updated Recipient Policy. Is there a way we can remove old email alias from everyone account that no longer comply with the new policy? Hi When you right click on the recipient policy and click "Apply this Policy Now" it will remove the redundant addresses for you, (If the account matches the filter). The accounts will then be populated with the new email addresses Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "phullmonty" <phullmonty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48EF14E4-...

Title: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2004
******************************************************************** Title: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2004 Issued: September 14, 2004 Version Number: 1.0 Bulletin: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=34846 ******************************************************************** Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-027 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-027.mspx Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-028.mspx -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled Hi John Inzer (oobie@doobie.xyz), in the newsgro...

sharing tasks #4
I am currently using a current task folder (let's call it "appointments") on a single computer. Is there a way to let other computers on the nework have access to this folder (read/write access) through Outlook? Is this a feature of Exchange? If you have Exchange, you set permissions for other users to use the folder. Right click it, properties, advanced, permissions tab. You need to tell us your version for more help. How to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant read my articles here: www.judyglees...

income summary account from Accounting 101
Hello: In the first-semester college "principles of accounting" class, students are taught about the Income Summary account that is used to contain the month's profit and loss accounts. In GP, year-end close zeroes out the profit and loss accounts into Retained Earnings automatically. GP does not do so, really, for month-end purposes. So, in order to conduct an automated month-end close to Income Summary account, would the following tasks be conducted?: (1) Create the Income Summary account in Account Maintenance as a P&L account with a credit balance, (2) Creat...

Calculation of investment Value
One the new accounts I have set up, the value on the account summary page does not reflect the market value. I have no idea what value it is reflecting - at first I thought it might be the original cost, but the numbers are a little off. The first account I set up is accurate, but every one since maintains the same value regardless of the current price. I am updating the price and the portfolio details shows the market value. anyone got any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, dAN C wrote: >One the new accounts I have set up, the value on the >account summary page does not reflect...

Stock sale to Money Market in same investment account?
Using Money 2005 Deluxe If I record a sale of a stock or fund, and the funds go directly to a money market account held at that same firm, there does not seem to be a way to make that occur. I have stock in a company, which is held in a IRA account. If I sell the stock (which I did) money only lets me put it into very select accounts.. mainly cash accounts. This is a non-taxable event. Why doesnt the whole list off investment accounts show in the pull down selector. Very frustrating. Randy, When you buy (sell a stock) the cash coms from (or goes to) a cash account. An investmen...

Batch Recovery #4
All, One our great plain users get the following error in batch recovery when they check the batch and hit continue: "you have not marked any batches for posting?" I orginally thought it might be a privilage issue but it doesn't appear to be since others with the same privilages do not experiance the issue. Any help would be appriciated. Jamal Jamal, the problem is that the batch is not responding. I recommend you review knowledgebase article: 865968 as there are three possible solutions. Hope this helps, rc "Jamal" wrote: > All, > > One o...

hyperlink question #4
2nd part of a previous question: If I have a spreadsheet that in one column in a particular cell there is a hyperlink to a word document, can I have the hyperlink go to the exact place in the document or does it just start at the beginning? I cannot figure this out and I need for it to jump to the correct place. Thanks, You have another response at your first post. Pam Coleman wrote: > > 2nd part of a previous question: > > If I have a spreadsheet that in one column in a particular cell there is a > hyperlink to a word document, can I have the hyperlink go to the exa...

M2004 / How to get an investment report by year
Is there any way to get a report that gives your subtotals by year of investment transactions? I am interested in seeing running totals by year of the number of shares I have purchased. I can't see how to do this. I believe the only way to do this is to create seperate performance reports with a date range from the beginning to the last date of the year for each of the years you want to see. "mark" wrote: > Is there any way to get a report that gives your subtotals by year of > investment transactions? I am interested in seeing running totals by > year of the ...

hyperlinks #4
I noticed in microsoft word that you can insert a command button that works like a hyperlink but is there a way to do that in publisher or is the normal hyperlink the only thing. Also, after making a hyperlink i transformed my file to a pdf and the hyperlink doesn't work. I don't know if its because i have a basic adobe reader. I am using publisher 2003. >-----Original Message----- >I noticed in microsoft word that you can insert a command >button that works like a hyperlink but is there a way to >do that in publisher or is the normal hyperlink the only >thing...

Business investment accounts?
Does anybody know how to add an investment account under the business catergory? Money forces you to make them personel accounts and I am becoming extremely frustrated. Doesn't anybody at Microsoft realize that companies make investments too!? I am new to this program, but I cannot find it either. My guess is that = Home and Business is designed for small home businesses that are not too = far along. If your company is far enough along to have its own = investment accounts (are you incorporated?) then you probably need to go = to something like Quickbooks and separate your business a...

Viewing a single investment in Money 2006
I recently moved very old mny files from my old version of MS Money version 3.0 which is the version that I used for years. They transferred over just fine to 2006. Ive used Version 3 since I bought my first Windows 3.1 computer but this old version of Money, which worked on W98, won't work on XP. In the old version I could click on "Investment Account" and choose the account such as Vanguard or Schwab and then could click on "View" and open any investment in the account and view it by itself and not show the other investments. For instance if I had the Vangua...

Multiple Currencies #4
Just moved to Europe and now have Euro accounts as well as US dollar accounts. How can I handle that with Microsoft Money 04 deluxe. Can somebody point me in teh right direction? In microsoft.public.money, Bartcelona wrote: >Can somebody point me >in teh right direction? You might want to consider using a news reader, rather than the web group access. This group is microsoft.public.money and you can use msnews.microsoft.com as the server. This link is about using the powerpoint group, but it has some good information. http://www.indezine.com/products/powerpoint/ppnewsgroup2.html ...

CRM 4.0, meetings and Outlook Resource Calendars
Hi, I have 4 Outlook Resource Calendars set up, which seem to work fine when booking meetings against them in Outlook. However, Dynamics CRM 4.0 seems to work ... differently. When you book a meeting within CRM (as opposed to within Outlook), it seems to update calendars directly (whenever the CRM sync happens on the users machine) rather than sending invites. This seems to result in no resource calendars actually getting populated, as of course these calendars are not actually real Outlook instances (and as such have no CRM sync process happening). Am I missing something? Is there a bet...

target #4 operation whirlwind yet again
3b 06 2d fd 1a 9c 31 c4 64 fc ae d5 98 24 3a 60 50 70 0b 6e d7 7b 05 dd d8 f0 8d 51 fc 4e 99 5d 99 ff f0 5c 37 3b db fb 04 ae 16 fc a5 4e 3c 18 1f c1 5e 4b 65 cf a2 a4 f2 87 39 5c 17 25 6c 2a ad 96 07 ce 93 56 45 9d 7f 32 d5 ba 17 8d ac eb 43 e5 e7 ca 1a 59 94 dd b1 2c 97 b8 d5 d7 99 64 de fd a9 0f d7 77 61 5b fa 27 82 52 cf 43 a7 0a 34 cd cf 44 ec 9d c4 ae d7 b7 29 d4 5c a9 e4 6e d4 56 75 7c 87 b8 11 b8 7f 32 66 2b be 65 a7 84 7f b6 84 46 c7 41 05 8a 4d e2 58 71 f4 4b 07 5f 41 80 56 d3 8b f1 33 07 fa 5b 36 3e 93 c3 b3 f7 24 2f e6 d5 71 a3 ea 10 0b 52 98 68 33 8b 2e 9e ...

Can't rename investment because deleted investment has the same name
I have an investment that gets downloaded as "Blah Blah (0021)" from my financial institution, and I would like to view the investment as "Blah Blah". I was able to rename my other investments like this, but I am unable to do it with this investment. I'm guessing that I renamed it at one point and then did something to change it back, which is causing the error. My question is, is there any way to actually delete the old investment so that I can rename my current investment to "Blah Blah"? I can't seem to find any listings for just "Blah B...