Investment - How to change category

Money 3000.
Money has incorrectly classified my Stocks as Mutual Funds.
How can I change that?
0
anonymous (74719)
9/29/2004 9:28:11 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Denis wrote:

>Money has incorrectly classified my Stocks as Mutual Funds.
>How can I change that?

This could have come about when converting from Quicken. When you
convert a custom data type from Quicken, it generally comes over as
a fund.

It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears.  A few
minutes should do it for each stock.

In the details, remove the existing symbol, and rename the existing
"mutual fund" to something you will never use.  Let's suppose you
choose zzzz.

Create a new stock with the correct name and symbol.  To avoid
problems with sells, you can simply enter a bogus initial
transaction with enough shares to cover all subsequent sales.

Change each transaction to the fund using the drop-down list.  My
inclination would be to try starting with the oldest transaction.
After all transactions have been moved, delete the dummy entry."

Keep going until there are no more zzzz transactions remaining.  At
that point you can "delete" zzzz.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
9/29/2004 9:49:05 PM
Cal,

I am using Money 2005, the trial edition.  I have used this procedure you
gave to change the classification from "stock" to "mutual fund" for some bond
funds and things that are traded as stocks but are really more like mutual
funds.  At first this seemed to work fine, but now I am noticing a problem.

Now when I get the online update for the account I get the dialog box that
says "Money found the following investment in your brokerage statement: ..."
I choose the first option "This investment is already in my investment
portfolio with a different name..." and try to choose the investment that I
added manually from the drop down menu.  However, the investment is not
listed in the drop down menu.  In fact, the contents of the drop down menu in
this window are different from the list of investments that you see if you
are in the portfolio view and go to "work with investments > delete an
investment".  Is there a reason that the two lists of investments would be
different?  How can I fix this?

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Denis wrote:
>
> >Money has incorrectly classified my Stocks as Mutual Funds.
> >How can I change that?
>
> This could have come about when converting from Quicken. When you
> convert a custom data type from Quicken, it generally comes over as
> a fund.
>
> It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears.  A few
> minutes should do it for each stock.
>
> In the details, remove the existing symbol, and rename the existing
> "mutual fund" to something you will never use.  Let's suppose you
> choose zzzz.
>
> Create a new stock with the correct name and symbol.  To avoid
> problems with sells, you can simply enter a bogus initial
> transaction with enough shares to cover all subsequent sales.

> Change each transaction to the fund using the drop-down list.  My
> inclination would be to try starting with the oldest transaction.
> After all transactions have been moved, delete the dummy entry."
>
> Keep going until there are no more zzzz transactions remaining.  At
> that point you can "delete" zzzz.

0
Darren (170)
12/14/2004 2:39:02 AM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Denis wrote:
>
> >Money has incorrectly classified my Stocks as Mutual Funds.
> >How can I change that?
>
> This could have come about when converting from Quicken. When you
> convert a custom data type from Quicken, it generally comes over as
> a fund.
>
> It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears.  A few
> minutes should do it for each stock.
>
> In the details, remove the existing symbol, and rename the existing
> "mutual fund" to something you will never use.  Let's suppose you
> choose zzzz.
>
> Create a new stock with the correct name and symbol.  To avoid
> problems with sells, you can simply enter a bogus initial
> transaction with enough shares to cover all subsequent sales.

> Change each transaction to the fund using the drop-down list.  My
> inclination would be to try starting with the oldest transaction.
> After all transactions have been moved, delete the dummy entry."
>
> Keep going until there are no more zzzz transactions remaining.  At
> that point you can "delete" zzzz.

0
Darren (170)
12/14/2004 2:41:02 AM

In microsoft.public.money, Darren wrote:

>I am using Money 2005, the trial edition.  I have used this procedure you
>gave to change the classification from "stock" to "mutual fund" for some bond
>funds and things that are traded as stocks but are really more like mutual
>funds.  At first this seemed to work fine, but now I am noticing a problem.

Actually the word "classification" has a different meaning in Money,
but I know what you mean: Investment type.

>Now when I get the online update for the account I get the dialog box that
>says "Money found the following investment in your brokerage statement: ..."
>I choose the first option "This investment is already in my investment
>portfolio with a different name..." and try to choose the investment that I
>added manually from the drop down menu.  However, the investment is not
>listed in the drop down menu.  In fact, the contents of the drop down menu in
>this window are different from the list of investments that you see if you
>are in the portfolio view and go to "work with investments > delete an
>investment".  Is there a reason that the two lists of investments would be
>different?  How can I fix this?

I am going to guess that the broker considers this to be a stock,
and used the components of an OFX file for a stock. Was this a
recent change, and do you have a suitable backup file to restore to
before you made the change?

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Net change and percentage of change
Hi, I have a list of parts that have had price increases. One column has the old price the other has the new price. I need to show the difference, whether it is positive or negative and the percentage of the increase or decrease. The difference is not a problem. The problem lies in calculating the percentage. I don't how to do that. Can someone tell me? Thanks, Richard =(B1-A1)/B1 "Richard" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a list of parts that have had price increases. One column has the old > price the other has the new price. I need to show the difference, whethe...

how to change the default calendar?
I've setup my outlook profile to connect to an exchange server and I've also created a pst file. With a client-side rule I automatically move all mail items from the exchange inbox to the pst inbox when new mail arrives. All works fine, except the default calendar is the pst calendar and not the calendar that resides to my exchange mailbox. Is there a way to change the default calendar to the exchange mailbox calendar again? Or is there a possibility to create a VBA macro so that all appointments booked in the pst calendar are moved to the exchange calendar? Any help is welcome...

Change another persons Out of Office
Is there any way to grant a supervisor or manager the ability to change one of their subordinates Out of Office message? We have a group that would like to be able to do this when one of their workers does not show up for the day. We don't want them logging onto the users computer each time and one of them swears they could do this at their last job. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance for the help! Richard Only if they have OWA access; -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Richard.M.Henry@g...

CHANGE IT TO BIG LETTER
WHEN I WRITE IN THE CELL SMALL LATTER LONG SENTENCE AFTER THAT I WANT TO CHANGE IT TO BIG LETTER HOW CAN CHANGE IT IT IS NOT LIKE THE WORD (PRESS SHIFT WITH F3 Try function upper to change to captial letter If you have already typee in a small letter in cell A1, In Cell A2 type =Upper(A1) norika (PS no need to type in all caps, it is difficult to read an considered shouting in newsgroups -- norik ----------------------------------------------------------------------- norika's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=487 View this thread: http://w...

Changing e-mail adress
A little while ago i gat a new e-mail adress, but now i dont know how to change the adress in ''windows mail'' .. Any suggestions ?? "HelleXi" <HelleXi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:729A94D2-8811-4136-895A-E06EB5ED0D32@microsoft.com... >A little while ago i gat a new e-mail adress, but now i dont know how to > change the adress in ''windows mail'' .. Any suggestions ?? Tools menu>accounts>Add. Do you have all the server details to go with the new address? If not then get back with more detail of...

Track Changes #4
We are supposed to be tracking changes in our spreadsheets. We (most of us) are using Excel 2000. With the track changes on, it also automatically shares the workbook. Now we can't make some changes because the changes some people need to make can't be done because of the share. Is there any way to track changes WITHOUT sharing? I appreciate any help I can get. Rose ...

How do I remove an investment from the investment list
MS Money Deluxe 2007 on Windows XP. I can add and update investments, but can't figure out how to remove them. Any ideas? Also, I closed a previous 401k account after rolling over the cash to a rollover IRA account. But Money still thinks the mutual fund positions in that 401k account are there. Well, those funds do NOT show in "portfolio manager", but they are still there as far as Money is concerned. Sometimes I would get an alert saying that I have not updated the prices for those funds for a long time. What's happening here? If those positions somehow have ...

How do I permanetly change my logo?
How can i change the logo in my Personal Information, permanently? Hi Mac (Mac@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How can i change the logo in my Personal Information, permanently? Type Logo into your help search in Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

changing languages
I've got the spanish version of office X... anyone know how to get it to show menu items in english in word, excel etc? In article <1105685531.941440.207500@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "dean" <deansilverman@mac.com> wrote: > I've got the spanish version of office X... anyone know how to get it > to show menu items in english in word, excel etc? You'd need to purchase an English version of Office. ...

*123* changes to 123 with botd fonts
We are in the process of migration from Lotus Notes to Exchange 2007 and outlook 2007 with OfficeXP. We have migrated 300 users lastweek. After migration couple of users have strange problems with Calendar Meeting Invitation. I organise meeting through conference call and send the participation code as below. ----------------------------------- Calling number *123456* Participation code *45678* ---------------------------------- Many users (not all) received as below ----------------------------------- Calling number 123456 Participation code 45678 -----------------------------------...

ModifiedOn Date change.
Hi, Did anyone notice that if you change a security role and save it, it will change the modified on for all the records asociated with this security roll. It will even change the Modified on for closed records. I have a report for closed cases and the only way to know when a report was closed is to check it's status as resoved and then when it was laset modified, now that i changed a security role all my cases open or resoved have the same modified on date and i can not rut the report any more. Is this a bug? is it known? what runs in the background when you change a security rol...

Change IP address of packets
Hello All, Can I change the IP Address of packets going to network from my machine. On my machine i am running a number of virtual machines and want to send data with IP Address of virtual machine, but Wndows socket is connected to NIC card and socket place IP address os phyisical machine, i want to replce this IP Address to virtual machine IP address. I am using WinXP. Thanks in advance.. Vibhor Mahajan Hi Vibhor, I don't think what you're saying is possible. If it were, it would probably enable all sorts of spoofing attacks and whatnot. Another thing, at application layer, y...

Changing the "from" email display
Is there a way that I can have Outlook display the email address of the sender, instead of their "user-friendly" name? What I'd like to do is be able to easily identify what domains all this SPAM stuff is coming from. I've looked at all of the options I can find, and so far, I've not found an answer. Thank you for taking your time to help me! Bryan Actually, to clarify, I know I can see it in the internet headers on individual emails. What I'm looking for is a way to view the actual email addresses for those emails in a specific folder. What I REALLY want to ...

Question on Investing performance calculation
How does Money calculate the Investing performance percentage that shows up in Investing/Investment Tools in Money 2006? While the percentages for Dow Jones and S&P match the newspaper so I assume they are calculated as current price - beginning of year price divided by beginning of year price, that same calculation does not appear to be true for my own investments. I could even verify this a few days into the year, before any pruchases/expenses etc. showed up which could mask the numbers for me. Does anyone know? Thanks! ...

permissions changing without notice
I have this very strange problem and I hoped all you knowledgable techs might have an answer. Some background: late last year one of my customers had data corruption on one of their computers. I restored the corrupted data from a backup but noted there were disk errors on the main hard drive in Event Viewer. I suggested replacing the computer which the customer did. I installed all the user data and setup the computer. But the new computer started getting disk errors also. I finally traced the problem to a bad external backup drive that was causing data corruption on the m...

change colour
does anyone know how to change the toolbar background colour? Thank you Steve .. If you go into control panel, display, appearance and change "colour scheme" this effects the toolbar background colour. Ty >-----Original Message----- >does anyone know how to change the toolbar background >colour? >Thank you >Steve >.. > > >. > ...

change text colour
can you use conditional formatting to change the color of text within a cell if it contains specific text ?? or is there an easy macro to do same ?? Use format|conditional formatting formula is: =isnumber(search("somestring",a1)) =find() is case sensitive =search() isn't Or formula is: =countif(a1,"*somestring*")>0 (you don't even need that >0 portion) Jeff wrote: > > can you use conditional formatting to change the color of text within a > cell if it contains specific text ?? or is there an easy macro to do same ?? -- Dave Peterson Yes, ...

Total column changes colors when total equals sum of other columns
I have set up a column that will have invoice total. Then have other columns that are the "parts" of the total. IE: total invoice $100.00 (I type in this total). Next columns 3 columns include the parts that equal the total invoice. Say like $50, then $30, then $20. I want the total (ie $100.00) to display in "red" until I enter the next 3 columns and then it will change to "black font color" only if my totals in the 3 columns equals $100.00 Alright, if I get what your saying this should work. Suppose you have your total in Cell A10. Set the color to ...

transfer an investment
Anyone know how to transfer a SINGLE investment from one account to another in Money 2002? When I try to do this it wants to transfer all investments from one account to another. I only want to transfer 1 investment. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote: >Anyone know how to transfer a SINGLE investment from one >account to another in Money 2002? When I try to do this >it wants to transfer all investments from one account to >another. I only want to transfer 1 investment. In the investment transactions of the source account enter a Transfer Out transaction. ...

Change ComboBox arrow colour????
Is there a way to change the colour of the botton/arrow that drops the combobox list. If there is a way, what I am after is to be able to change the colour of the button automatically if a item on the list is selected. Some would be red and others blue. The short answer is no. The arrow colour is not an exposed property of the combobox. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Pas" wrote: > Is there a way to change the colour of the botton/arrow that drops the > combobox list. > If there is a way, what I am after is to be able to change the colour of the &...

Change the capiton of the Report
I am printing to pdf files For i = 1 To Liste4.ListCount - 1 DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewNormal, , "MXId=" & Liste4.Column(2, i) Docmd.SelectObject acReport, stDocName Docmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint Docmd.Close acReport, stDocName, acSaveNo Next i I want to give each report a unic name as i e: Prefix & Liste4.Column(2, i) How can I change the stDocName, so it is easy to save? ToryBennyBassiKova, Use the OpenArgs argument of the OpenReport method. DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewNormal, , "MXId=" & Liste4.Column(2, ...

Calculation of investment Value
One the new accounts I have set up, the value on the account summary page does not reflect the market value. I have no idea what value it is reflecting - at first I thought it might be the original cost, but the numbers are a little off. The first account I set up is accurate, but every one since maintains the same value regardless of the current price. I am updating the price and the portfolio details shows the market value. anyone got any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, dAN C wrote: >One the new accounts I have set up, the value on the >account summary page does not reflect...

Stock sale to Money Market in same investment account?
Using Money 2005 Deluxe If I record a sale of a stock or fund, and the funds go directly to a money market account held at that same firm, there does not seem to be a way to make that occur. I have stock in a company, which is held in a IRA account. If I sell the stock (which I did) money only lets me put it into very select accounts.. mainly cash accounts. This is a non-taxable event. Why doesnt the whole list off investment accounts show in the pull down selector. Very frustrating. Randy, When you buy (sell a stock) the cash coms from (or goes to) a cash account. An investmen...

M2004 / How to get an investment report by year
Is there any way to get a report that gives your subtotals by year of investment transactions? I am interested in seeing running totals by year of the number of shares I have purchased. I can't see how to do this. I believe the only way to do this is to create seperate performance reports with a date range from the beginning to the last date of the year for each of the years you want to see. "mark" wrote: > Is there any way to get a report that gives your subtotals by year of > investment transactions? I am interested in seeing running totals by > year of the ...

files changed to read only
I had a folder located in "my documents" titled "Publisher files" which had several sub-folders inside. Now all of a sudden the folder is missing, but I am able to find the files by searching via Windows by selecting .pub as the parameter. In the search results file it shows the string where they once were located but the subfolders are all gone and every file is marked "read only" when opening it from the search results area. The only change to my system was installing the Master Collection of Adobe Photoshop 3 and all the stuff that came with it. What ste...