Investment accounts #2

I was setting up some investment accounts and I realized
that I wasn't doing it per money's suggestions
specifically setting up one account for each paper
statement that you receive.  Because I had entered
investments from two different statements, I decided to
delete the account and start from scratch.  So, I deleted
the account that I had named Roth IRA.  It is no longer
in my account list.  I then tried to set up an account
for my Janus Roth IRA, but money will not allow me to
enter one of the funds because it had been part of the
deleted account, Roth IRA.  It will not allow me to use
the symbol for the Janus fund that I have because they
say it is already in use for the Roth IRA.  Any
suggestions?
0
anonymous (74725)
11/3/2003 8:56:30 PM
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Have you got a backup that predates the setting up of the investment
accounts?

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

"Katie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was setting up some investment accounts and I realized
> that I wasn't doing it per money's suggestions
> specifically setting up one account for each paper
> statement that you receive.  Because I had entered
> investments from two different statements, I decided to
> delete the account and start from scratch.  So, I deleted
> the account that I had named Roth IRA.  It is no longer
> in my account list.  I then tried to set up an account
> for my Janus Roth IRA, but money will not allow me to
> enter one of the funds because it had been part of the
> deleted account, Roth IRA.  It will not allow me to use
> the symbol for the Janus fund that I have because they
> say it is already in use for the Roth IRA.  Any
> suggestions?

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)
11/3/2003 9:09:07 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Katie wrote:

>I was setting up some investment accounts and I realized
>that I wasn't doing it per money's suggestions
>specifically setting up one account for each paper
>statement that you receive.  Because I had entered
>investments from two different statements, I decided to
>delete the account and start from scratch.  So, I deleted
>the account that I had named Roth IRA.  It is no longer
>in my account list.  I then tried to set up an account
>for my Janus Roth IRA, but money will not allow me to
>enter one of the funds because it had been part of the
>deleted account, Roth IRA.  It will not allow me to use
>the symbol for the Janus fund that I have because they
>say it is already in use for the Roth IRA.  Any
>suggestions?

Do not attempt to create the fund again; choose it from the
drop-down list. See the little down-arrow on the right side of the
box?

0
via_newsgroup (13115)
11/3/2003 9:15:14 PM
The Investments are created separately from the Investment Accounts. If
you'd previously created an Investment to hold in one of your original
Investment Accounts, there should be no reason to recreate it. Just use the
pull-down to pick the existing Investment.

"Katie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was setting up some investment accounts and I realized
> that I wasn't doing it per money's suggestions
> specifically setting up one account for each paper
> statement that you receive.  Because I had entered
> investments from two different statements, I decided to
> delete the account and start from scratch.  So, I deleted
> the account that I had named Roth IRA.  It is no longer
> in my account list.  I then tried to set up an account
> for my Janus Roth IRA, but money will not allow me to
> enter one of the funds because it had been part of the
> deleted account, Roth IRA.  It will not allow me to use
> the symbol for the Janus fund that I have because they
> say it is already in use for the Roth IRA.  Any
> suggestions?

How do I remove an investment from the investment list
MS Money Deluxe 2007 on Windows XP. I can add and update investments, but can't figure out how to remove them. Any ideas? Also, I closed a previous 401k account after rolling over the cash to a rollover IRA account. But Money still thinks the mutual fund positions in that 401k account are there. Well, those funds do NOT show in "portfolio manager", but they are still there as far as Money is concerned. Sometimes I would get an alert saying that I have not updated the prices for those funds for a long time. What's happening here? If those positions somehow have ...

IMAP account asks for password twice
Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) on WinXP Home SP1 + patches. I have one IMAP account configured and one POP3 account. I can see only those two when I go to Tools > Accounts > View or Change Existing accounts. However, when I attempt to open my IMAP folder's INBOX (or any folder in that account), I get asked the password twice in a row. Every time. Ofcourse, I have the option set to *not* remember the password for security. I think this has happened because I imported my settings (using Windows XP's built-in Files & Settings Transfer Wizard) from another PC. I think my ...

Account Balance does not match home page
One of my favorite accounts on my home page does not reflect the correct ending balance. I am using Money 2004. I had an error after downloading a statement from my bank, and money closed and re-opened by itself. After downloading the statement again, I noticed the incoreect balance on my home page. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >One of my favorite accounts on my home page does not >reflect the correct ending balance. I am using Money >2004. I had an error after downloading a statement from >my bank, and money closed and re-opened by itself. After >dow...

how do i change controls from mouse 2 keyboard on Links LS pc game
HOW DO I CHANGE THE CONTROLS FROM MOUSE TO KEYBOARD ON THE LINKS LS GOLF GAME FOR THE PC? ALSO, ARE THERE ANY CHEATS? MANY THANKS DANIEL. boy are you in the wrong newsgroup. .. 1. Lower your caps. 2. What does this have to do with Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "DANIEL" <DANIEL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B86A4CC-3200-4CA7-AFEE-62BCB77043F5@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I CHANGE THE CONTROLS FROM MOUSE TO KEYBOARD ON THE LINKS LS GOLF > GAME > FOR THE PC? ALSO, ARE THERE ANY CHEATS? > MANY THANKS > DANIEL...

Business Portal 2.5 Can't Log in as Admin
I installed BP 2.5 (TYPICAL install NOT Server Farm) on a server as a user who was a local admin but not a Domain Admin. This user also installed WSS. I can create websites in WSS admin because the user is also the site owner. However when I try to administer BP, through the Site Settings tab on the main BP page (http://webservername/Sites/BusinessPortal) I receive the windows login challenge (which I should because I chose to use enhanced security), but it won't accept my username and password and after three challenges the site setting page does render and I can go go to other admin p...

IP Address #2
I just switched carriers for my Phones and internet. I'm using a T-1 line with a static IP. How do I get my domain associated with my new IP so mail can be sent properly. I'm assuming that my mail is associated with the old address until I change the IP in Exchange and broadcast it to routers on the net. Your Exchange is most likely behind a firewall sitting on a private network range - may not require any changes there. What needs to be changed: - NATted IP address on the firewall - IP address in A record the MX points to - Usually you decrease the TTL on your public/external D...

Deactivate Account while checking mail
In older versions of OL, I remember there used to be a checkbox for including (or not including) a particular mail account when checking for new mail with Send/Receive All. How does one do that in OL2003? I have several mail accounts, a couple of which I would like to temporarily deactivate when getting new mail. How do I do that? On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:11:25 -0700, "Sitara Lal" <lalsitara@filter.indiatimes.com> wrote: >In older versions of OL, I remember there used to be a checkbox for >including (or not including) a particular mail account when checking for new >...

Toggle Macro . . . #2
It worked! thanks Paul B!! -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26866 ...

Setting up the account
When I try to set up my account Tools--Email accounts, it says that there are no registry values. I tried restarting outlook and reinstalling it but it didn't work. What do I do? ...

Address Book Sort Order #2
The names in my address book are sorted by first name. Is there a way to sort them by last name?. Outlook version??? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John Pope asked: | The names in my address book are sorted by first name. Is there a | way to sort them by last name?. I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002. John Pope "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

Accounts & Sub-Accounts
Hello, I have create 2 accounts. One of those accounts is actually the sub-account to the other account (the parent). In the sub-accounts section of the accounts screen, I can only create a new sub-account. How do you tie an existing account as a sub-account to another existing account? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! JED You actually do this from the Sub-account. On the General tab via the "Parent Account" lookup. Matt "JED" <Jbyrd76@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23$CpgjQjDHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Hello, I have create 2 accounts. One of ...

Loan amortization #2
I am setting up Microsoft Money 2006, and I would like to have my mortgage listed as one of my accounts, so I can automatically see how much principle is still owed. I also would like to have my mortgage set up as an automatic bill each month. However, when I have the automatic payment set up, it simply deducts that entire payment (PITI) from the principal amount owed, even though I have a fixed loan and my principle payment changes each month. I would like to set it up somehow so that when I automatically pay the mortgage, the amount of the loan remaining changes to the correct amou...

Setting Up AOL account in Windows Mail for AOL.com account
I wish to configure my E-Mail Account into Windows Mail for AOL.com account.I wish to know the correct IMAP/POP3 and SMTP details etc. AOL would have that info. These instructions for OE will work for Windows Mail... http://www.postmaster.aol.com/imap/express.html -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "sudhirbanerjee@aol.com" <sudhirbanerjee@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F022D246-F34F-43F0-B732-477E9EE042C6@microsoft.com... > I wish to configure my E-Mail Account into Windows Mail...

Question on Investing performance calculation
How does Money calculate the Investing performance percentage that shows up in Investing/Investment Tools in Money 2006? While the percentages for Dow Jones and S&P match the newspaper so I assume they are calculated as current price - beginning of year price divided by beginning of year price, that same calculation does not appear to be true for my own investments. I could even verify this a few days into the year, before any pruchases/expenses etc. showed up which could mask the numbers for me. Does anyone know? Thanks! ...

income summary account from Accounting 101
Hello: In the first-semester college "principles of accounting" class, students are taught about the Income Summary account that is used to contain the month's profit and loss accounts. In GP, year-end close zeroes out the profit and loss accounts into Retained Earnings automatically. GP does not do so, really, for month-end purposes. So, in order to conduct an automated month-end close to Income Summary account, would the following tasks be conducted?: (1) Create the Income Summary account in Account Maintenance as a P&L account with a credit balance, (2) Creat...

Calculation of investment Value
One the new accounts I have set up, the value on the account summary page does not reflect the market value. I have no idea what value it is reflecting - at first I thought it might be the original cost, but the numbers are a little off. The first account I set up is accurate, but every one since maintains the same value regardless of the current price. I am updating the price and the portfolio details shows the market value. anyone got any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, dAN C wrote: >One the new accounts I have set up, the value on the >account summary page does not reflect...

get view from doc/another view #2
How do I get a view from a document? or get a view from another view which is sharing the same document? I am working on a MDI application, and I have two views sharing the same document. I want to be able to click on a button of one view and get some information about the other view, but I don't know how to get the pointer to that. Thanks, Apple I'm running into a strange problem with my MFC based UI application. I'm using MS DevStudio.net 2003 on Win-XP. Occasionally my app just hangs & there is no know way of reproducing the problem. I used WinDBG to find out the line o...

transfer an investment
Anyone know how to transfer a SINGLE investment from one account to another in Money 2002? When I try to do this it wants to transfer all investments from one account to another. I only want to transfer 1 investment. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote: >Anyone know how to transfer a SINGLE investment from one >account to another in Money 2002? When I try to do this >it wants to transfer all investments from one account to >another. I only want to transfer 1 investment. In the investment transactions of the source account enter a Transfer Out transaction. ...

imap and pop3 accounts- Outlook 2k
Recently switched from Compuserve classic (pop 3) to Compuserve 2000 (imap. I have other email accounts in addition to Compuserve. When I retrieve email it sets up a new inbox for imap email only and pop3 mail goes to the default inbox. Anyway to get all my email to dump to the default inbox? george <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently switched from Compuserve classic (pop 3) to > Compuserve 2000 (imap. I have other email accounts in > addition to Compuserve. When I retrieve email it sets up > a new inbox for imap email only and pop3 mail goes to...

Personal Files #2
I moved a personal folder from a machine to a network so the machine could be reloaded. After reloading the software I copied the file back but when I open it in Outlook it looks like a new folder with just deleted items. The file still shows about 750mb in size but it's content will not display. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks ...

Project Accounting Combined History
Is there any way to automate the creation of the Project Accounting Combined History tables? I would like to automate so that it is created each morning. Is there a SQL script I can schedule? I am on GP 9. I'm not aware of a script already created but you could certainly create a job to run a SQL script to build the information. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Neil Haffey" wrote: > Is there any way to automate the creation of the Project Accounting Combined > History tables? I would like to automate so that it is created each morning. > Is there a SQL sc...

Updating your accounts...
Hello, I have been using Money for a few years now, but am having an issue that I do not know how to resolve. I will try to explain as best I can, so here goes. I have a CC (Discover) that I was not able to update for about 9 months due to the fact that there is a time limit on the online updates within Money. I recently installed Money 2007 and was able to perform the transaction downloads. This is where the problem begins. Downloads and updating took a minimal amount of time, maybe a minute or two up to this point. However, by downloading transactions all the way back to Septem...

Account created itself on Exchange Server
Hello Friends, According to Event viewer, an account name as "sbsmonacct" is created itself and join Enterprise admin Group (member of this group). This event is logged into event viewer with this user S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX......... I want to know, is this account is created by any Exchange Process or any services Or someone is playing with our server intensionally(means entering from back door). do anyone have any idea, what is going on with exchange server. Regards G. Gureey <Gureey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >According to Event viewer, an account ...

Account not Found
I encountered the problem that a transaction was posted to Account Not Found. This occurs after voiding a payment transaction in the Receivables Management module. Now an Account Not Found entry is shows up when I run the Trial Balance report. Any recommendation as to how I can remove the Account Not Found from the Trial Balance. tthanks Quintin ...

Color #2
How do I change the color of my calendar layout? Now it is drab gray and white. -- Ernie Change your Windows colors. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Ernie" <enivens1@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message news:_NfId.45695$fE4.5504413@twister.southeast.rr.com... | How do I change the color of my calendar layout? Now it is drab gray and | white. | | -- | Ernie | | tools, options, calend...