internal error prevents start up of money

I had money 99 and thought that it was about time that I leap forward six
years by upgrading to Money 2005. I searched for a good price and now that
after I have installed it, and it has removed my old version, when I try to
run it, it shuts down with a message that it has encountered an internal
error. I did not find much on the help page. I called the help center and
seems like that will get back to me some time. I thought I post a message
here to see if someone has a helpful suggestion.

Thanks.
Syed.
0
Syed (31)
3/30/2005 2:38:41 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Can you post the exact error you see. Also, try the sample file - does that
fail when opening?

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or
http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

"Syed" <Syed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had money 99 and thought that it was about time that I leap forward six
> years by upgrading to Money 2005. I searched for a good price and now that
> after I have installed it, and it has removed my old version, when I try
> run it, it shuts down with a message that it has encountered an internal
> error. I did not find much on the help page. I called the help center and
> seems like that will get back to me some time. I thought I post a message
> here to see if someone has a helpful suggestion.
>
> Thanks.
> Syed.

0
glyn1 (1534)
3/30/2005 6:53:34 AM
I have the exact same problem, I came in monday and tried to open my file in
2004 and it gives me a reporting error screen.. This was even if I clicked
the do not need passport features.. I figured I would install and reinstall
2005.. 2005 forces you to use passport so I enter my password and again it
crashes and restarts.
Its reporting error ModName msofd.dll

I can open up sample files, Even a new file with the exact same passport login

Repairs do the file report no problem at all.

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:

> Can you post the exact error you see. Also, try the sample file - does that
> fail when opening?
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or
> http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
> Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "Syed" <Syed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had money 99 and thought that it was about time that I leap forward six
> > years by upgrading to Money 2005. I searched for a good price and now that
> > after I have installed it, and it has removed my old version, when I try
> > run it, it shuts down with a message that it has encountered an internal
> > error. I did not find much on the help page. I called the help center and
> > seems like that will get back to me some time. I thought I post a message
> > here to see if someone has a helpful suggestion.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Syed.

0
Richard853 (481)
3/30/2005 3:27:03 PM
There could be something on the home page which is causing the file not to
open. This error is often see with a broken portfolio account (see
http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/21.aspx).

Open the sample file and go to tools->settings->program settings and change
the default home page to the MSN Money option. Then try and open the main
file again. If you can, then you could remove the investment content boxes
from the home page content (tools->settings->home page display options).

Then follow the instructions in the above referenced article.

--

Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send

"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the exact same problem, I came in monday and tried to open my file
>in
> 2004 and it gives me a reporting error screen.. This was even if I clicked
> the do not need passport features.. I figured I would install and
> reinstall
> 2005.. 2005 forces you to use passport so I enter my password and again it
> crashes and restarts.
> Its reporting error ModName msofd.dll
>
> I can open up sample files, Even a new file with the exact same passport
> login
>
> Repairs do the file report no problem at all.
>

> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:
>
>> Can you post the exact error you see. Also, try the sample file - does
>> that
>> fail when opening?
>>
>> --
>> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>> http://money.mvps.org
>>
>> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or
>> http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
>> Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx
>>
>> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>>
>> "Syed" <Syed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I had money 99 and thought that it was about time that I leap forward
>> >six
>> > years by upgrading to Money 2005. I searched for a good price and now
>> > that
>> > after I have installed it, and it has removed my old version, when I
>> > try
>> > run it, it shuts down with a message that it has encountered an
>> > internal
>> > error. I did not find much on the help page. I called the help center
>> > and
>> > seems like that will get back to me some time. I thought I post a
>> > message
>> > here to see if someone has a helpful suggestion.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> > Syed.

0
glyn1 (1534)

Export to XLS error: A file error has occurred...
Running Win 7 64-bit Ultimate and Office 2003 When I try to export my contacts to an Excel Spreadsheet, the following message appears: Title Bar: Translation Error Text: A file error has occurred in the translator while trying to save a field map. The file "C:\Documents and Settings\ReleaseEngineer.MACROVISION\Application Data\Microsoft Excel.ADR" was not found by the translator. Check the spelling of the file name and path. If the file is on a network or an external device, the volume must be mounted and registered with the system. Huh? MACROVISION? Documents and Se...

Account Balance Incorrect
Hey everyone, I am writing from work so don't have the particular's, but I received an error the other day in money saying roughly that there was an error with the was that money stores my information that may result in account balances being incorrect. It said that money would try and fix the problem itself. It didn't so hear I am... My account balance is very very negative when I look in account summary. When I look in the account details and view all transactions, the correct bank balances are shown. However, if I show only unreconciled transactions (preferred for my vi...

SystemPages and 9665 error
I have Exchange 2003 sp1 running on Windows 2003, single Exchange with P4, 2GB RAM, 64GB drive for 30 users about 11GB of space taken for private store. I applied /3GB userva=3030 in boot.ini and HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold = 0x00040000 SystemPages is setup to 0x000c3000 (798720) from installation. Shortly after that I started getting 9665 error. I recently found info that it SystemPages should be between 24000 and 31000. Any direction which setting is best and if we should change it manually? ...

money from where?
Money 2006 Premium I have a brokerage account from which I sold all the investments and withdrew all the cash. The account clearly shows no holdings and no cash, with an account value of zero as expected. I expect to add to this account eventually, and the broker is keeping it open with a zero balance. But in the Portfolio Manager, this account shows an account value of thousands of dollars! (Yet it still shows no investments and no cash.) What's going on, and how can I fix it? In microsoft.public.money, Paul Pedersen wrote: >Money 2006 Premium > >I have a brokerage ...

CAsyncSocket::OnClose() giving errors on -1
For some reason my CAsyncSocket derivative is being passed -1 to the parameters of its OnClose() member. According to the MSDN, the VC++ 6.0 version of CAsyncSocket::OnClose() should be passed 0, or a series of WSAE macros which are in the 10000 range. What does it mean if I get -1? ...

Program Error: OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
I get this continuous program error: "OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. you will need to restart the program. An error log is being created" I am using: MS Windows 2000 Pro SP 4 MS Outlook 2000 SR 1 MS ActiveSync 3.71 MS Outlook Pocket Contact Synchronizer 1.2 Plaxo I have removed Plaxo, as this is the only program that I've loaded recently that could have caused this program error, as it must not work well with MS ActiveSync 3.7 or MS Outlook PCS. I have tried the knowledge base suggestions of renaming extend, removing add-ins while in outlo...

Internal Error
I get a "Money has encountered an Internal Error" message when I start Money. It does it twice, then goes back to my desktop. Any ideas? I have backups. Thanks. Try to start the sample.mny file - you can double click the file to launch it. Do not change it. Exit if it displays okay. If that fails too then the question is. did you change anything to your system like software or hardware? arthur == On Tue, 23 May 2006 14:41:01 -0700, William <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get a "Money has encountered an Internal Error" message when I start ...

Money 2004 Small Business: Adding Discounts
I have looked and looked for how to add discount items into my invoices, i.e, 10% discount, etc. Anyone know how to do this? I have run search after search under the Help files and haven't been able to come up with anything. On this note, how easy is it to enter a partial payment? Thanks for your help!! Jessie :) Click Invoices on the top toolbar. Click create new invoice. Enter the customer then click add item. You will see the discount box on the left-hand side under the description input field. You can enter a % discount or a $$ discount. >-----Original Message-----...

Error writing OLE data
I inserted some JPG pictures. Now I can't save my file. I get : "An error (1441) occurred during the action Save. There was an error reading or writing OLE data." Now what?? I'm using Visio 2003 SP2. Barry Hi Barry, Can't reproduce the issue but clearly some or all pictures are containing an corruption Some suggestions: try to save the .jpg picture one by one to determine if one of the pictures is the culprit try inserting in another format format such as .bmp, .png, .gif etc try other office applications, if you don't experience a problem then copy&...

Exchange 5.5.Service Pack4 error
I have exchange server 5.5 sp2 on NT4 sp6 and I wanted to apply sp4 for exchange 5.5. But when I tried to apply sp4 I got an error message almost at the end of installation I am getting a Windows POP Up with following message " Access is denied Microsoft Windows NT ID no. 0xc0020005" I tried two times once I stoped all the exchange services and Norton AV services manually, second time I tried without stoping any service but I got the same error. I have around 250 MB space in C drive where I have exchange files installed. I am running sp4 installation from a CD. I have loged in ...

Add-ins and #NAME errors
I have an Excel spreadsheet that was saved with a series of add-in function calls. The add-in wasn't loaded at the time, and the UDF cells contained #NAME errors. When I opened the sheet on a machine that did contain the relevant add-in, I expected that hitting F9, Shift+F9 or at the very most Ctrl+Alt+F9 would recalculate all the cells including the ones with the #NAMEs. However this was not the case. The only way I could fix this sheet was by using an F2+Enter combination on the broken #NAME cells. Since the range was relatively large, I used a VBA macro with SendKeys. ...

Excel Hyperlinks
To my hero, My hyperlinks degrade. They have the error "Reference is not valid" eventhough the hyperlink worked previously. I am creating a resource spreadsheet. To search this spreadsheet I have created a network of internal hyperlinks. The links are to different cells on the same worksheet and on other worksheets within the workbook. The hyperlinks all work fine, even after closing the file and reopening it later. For some reason, the links are "corupted?" I do not change the location of the file (the location should be irrelevent if the links are int...

Application for money
When I openned my Microsoft money 2002 a box appeared and it says " connot display the end user license agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application. To display the agreement, reinstall the application." I reinstalled my microsoft money 2002 and the same thing happen. Please anybody help. my E-mail is limengbe@hotmail.com In microsoft.public.money, dodong wrote: >When I openned my Microsoft money 2002 a box appeared and it says " connot >display the end user license agreement which must be displayed and accepted >before yo...

5102 error
Time: 5/3/2010 2:04:17 PM Error in Mail Error with Send/Receive. Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder. Time: 5/3/2010 2:05:37 PM Error in Mail The server reported a temporary error. Error: 5102. Server. Maximum request length exceeded.. -- Hoe do I fix this error? Thanks a Lot, Henery Ray Ray "Henery Ray Ray" <HeneryRayRay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C0483B8-AE15-4B31-AAE8-BB12EEE714F2@microsoft.com... > Time: 5/3/2010 2:04:17 PM > Error in Mail > Error with Send/Receive. > Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder. ...

errors
Everytime I go to do something in Money 2003 which I just upgraded to I get an error message that says This operation cannot be performed. Then I hit OK and it works anyway. It does it EVERYTIME I go to do something. Any suggestions? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, mykidsmom wrote: >Everytime I go to do something in Money 2003 which I just >upgraded to I get an error message that says This >operation cannot be performed. Then I hit OK and it works >anyway. It does it EVERYTIME I go to do something. Any >suggestions? Thanks. I would try salv.exe to see if yo...

Error Message when opening Outlook 2000
Can someone help? I tried to open outlook 2000 this morning and I got this meesage. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Program C:\Progrom Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Outlook.Exe Abnormal Program Termination It come up everytime I try to open Outlook now. Outlook apperars to start but then this dialog box come up with that message and when I knock it down Outlook closes. Can anyone tell me what I can do to resolve this problem?? Thanks in advance. I have tried to re-install the program and that did'nt help. Did you try Detect and Repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

Slow internal delivery for a few emails
Hi All Scenario is thus: Small exchange setup, 400 users across 4 servers in two sites. Lots of network memory and CPU to spare I ran a trial promodag for a couple of weeks running to look at internal delivery speed 99.6% gets delivered within 5 minutes (as expected)... It's the .4 percent that's causing trouble as it amounts to 600 emails. The max size of a message is 10MB so it's not big attachments, I don't think 600 people are using "do not send before" and don't _think_ it's anything to do with people re-syncing from being offline. So what can it b...

money 2004 expiration notice
I received a notice when logging into money today saying services are expiring in 3 days on 9/1/2007. It said something else but now what it was that was expiring or stopping. At the bottom I had three options. Update File, OK and Upgrade Anyone know what this is about? In microsoft.public.money, Jamie wrote: >I received a notice when logging into money today saying services are >expiring in 3 days on 9/1/2007. > g else but now what it was that was expiring or stopping. > >At the bottom I had three options. Update File, OK and Upgrade > >Anyone know what this is...

Create error msg based on calculation result in formfield using VBA
I have a protected Word 03 form with a 2 column table in it (A1:B8). In the table are 3 manual entry textbox fields that you can enter dollar amounts into (B1, B2 & B3), and the remaining 5 fields (B4, B5, B6, B7 & B8) have formula calculations. B4 is the sum of B2+B3. B5 is a percentage ratio of B1/B4. Basically what I'm trying to do is pop up an error message when B4 (the sum of B2+B3) is less than the dollar amount entered into B1. Or another way of writing it is if B5 is greater than 100%, I need the error message to pop up. Sometimes my code works, sometimes not, and...

How can I suppress #Error message
I have a report in which there is a text box joining two names into one string. When the names are nothing, the text box shows #Error in the report. How can I suppress this so that only a space, or nothing, appears in the report. thanks ... Roger Use IIF statements -- IIF([Field1] Is Null, "", [Field1]) & " - " & IIF([Field2] Is Null, "", [Field2]) -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Ro477" wrote: > I have a report in which there is a text box joining two names into one > string. When the names are nothing, the ...

internal and internal domain name
Hi all My domain/exchange server are set to internaldomain.local i.e. if I create a user the user e-mail address is user@internaldomain.local . Now I want to register a domain on the internet so that my user(s) can receive/send e-mail to external. Once I register my domain externaldomain.com and have my SOA records out there with something like 10 mail.externaldomain.com IP_Address MX will the mail sent to user@externaldomain.com be delivered to user@internaldomain.local? Thanks In news:%23LmpxqW9FHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, AAFC <nospamaafc@comcast.net> ...

BP create new portal page error
As of yesterday, I am unable to create new portal pages in Business Portal 3.0. The screen returns: The parameter is incorrect. I've searched the KB and these discussion forums, no hits. Anybody? ...

Error 4605 toggling TrackRevisions in VBA
Intermitent problem: My code (see below) results in a 4605 error message when called from a button click sub. The button click sub is run when a user clicks a button control I've placed on a Word .docm page. If I record a macro from within the document that toggles TrackRevisions, there is no error and I can run the macro as much as a I want with no trouble. However, once I go back and run the button click sub, I start getting the error again, even when I run the previously OK macro. See the bottom of this post for the full code for the button click sub. Maybe it&...

Outlook won't start #8
After upgrading to latest Plaxo, Outlook 2000 won't start. It errors with Exception: 0xc0000005. Tried uninstalling Plaxo, tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Outlook but to no avail. ...

Error removing user account in SBS 2008
I'v created the user account 'jrf' with the SBS add user wizard I spelled the login name wrong and want to remove it again The add user wizard warns me that i cannont delete c:\users\folderredirections\jrf. I tried manually to delete the folder, agin with the loacal administrator account. A succed in taking ownership og the folder and it's subfolders but still i can't delete the folder. I tried to delete the contents of the subfolder, and gets the same error. The i tried to move the folder to the c:\temp and that i managed, but i still cannot delete th...