Installation, "Wrong OS or OS version for application

Trying to install Money 2004, insert the CD and I get the
disclaimer stating it may need additional componants and
also stating anti-virus software may get in the way.

I click OK and the error that comes up next
is, "Installation of windows installer was not
successful.  Please install it manually by running
instmsiu.exe from your Money CD.  Then retry Money 2004
Setup.exe.

I click on instmsiu.exe and the error message that comes
up promptly reads as, "Wrong OS or OS version for
application."

I am, indeed, using Windows XP home edition--the rest of
the minimum req's are met/exceeded as well.

Help!
0
anonymous (74723)
8/18/2004 6:59:33 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Open a command prompt window and run this command:

reg query "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion" /v CurrentVersion

What do you get?  Should be 5.1, right?  I think most
installers grab that value, but I could be wrong.

0
rab47 (2)
8/18/2004 7:26:37 AM
yes it did say 5.1
What does that tell me and what do I now.

>Open a command prompt window and run this command:
>
>reg query "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
>NT\CurrentVersion" /v CurrentVersion
>
>What do you get?  Should be 5.1, right?  I think most
>installers grab that value, but I could be wrong.

0
anonymous (74723)
8/18/2004 7:28:23 PM
You may need to reinstall the windows installer manually. Take a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q315346 first, and
see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't work, go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
and scroll down to item 94 (Windows Installer Fix) and try that registry
fix.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

> Trying to install Money 2004, insert the CD and I get the
> disclaimer stating it may need additional componants and
> also stating anti-virus software may get in the way.
>
> I click OK and the error that comes up next
> is, "Installation of windows installer was not
> successful.  Please install it manually by running
> instmsiu.exe from your Money CD.  Then retry Money 2004
> Setup.exe.
>
> I click on instmsiu.exe and the error message that comes
> up promptly reads as, "Wrong OS or OS version for
> application."
>
> I am, indeed, using Windows XP home edition--the rest of
> the minimum req's are met/exceeded as well.
>
> Help!

0
glyn1 (1534)

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Which version to upgrate to
I currently have Money 2004 and am happy with it. I guess I should upgrade at some point, but I don't really see any reason to upgrade. Is there any big risk to staying on Money 2004? "Don" <don87109@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23xZ7v%232AIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I currently have Money 2004 and am happy with it. I guess I should upgrade >at some point, but I don't really see any reason to upgrade. > > Is there any big risk to staying on Money 2004? > The reasons to NOT upgrade would be as stated in your post, you are "happy...

Wrong Default for 'Number of Copies' to print
Help! Every time I open Excel 2000, the printer defaults to 3 copies. There's nothing in the printer driver that allows me to change the number of copies, and in any case, Excel is the one making the 3 copies (the printing dialog runs through 3 times). If I remember to change it back to 1 copy, it works fine. Anyone have a place for me to fix this? Richard Try selecting (from the Start menu) Start, Settings, Printers, right-click the printer in question, select Properties, and check the settings in there. Any settings set here serve as "default" settings whenever you se...

Value Pak Installer

Demonstration version of Great Plains 8.0???
My organization is seriously considering using Great Plains 8.0 and I was curious if anyone knows where I could find a trial version of the software to help us make up our minds. If you talk to a local business partner, they can set up GP with a sample company. There aer two versions: standard and professional. The professional runs on SQL Server. Therefore, if you wanted to get a trial of it, you would need to supply a machine with SQL Server. Tim wrote: > My organization is seriously considering using Great Plains 8.0 and I was > curious if anyone knows where I could find a tri...

Installation #4

Installer for my access application

Use of the VERSION field in database
I noticed that there is a field called VERSION in many of the tables. I am assuming that it is the means for tracking the number of times the record has either been touched or viewed. Can someone please clarify this? TIA John On May 28, 10:29 am, "John Cosmas" <johncos...@charter.net> wrote: > I noticed that there is a field called VERSION in many of the tables. I am > assuming that it is the means for tracking the number of times the record > has either been touched or viewed. Can someone please clarify this? > > TIA > John I would guess that vers...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

CRM SBS install error

trail version money
I downloaded the trail version of Money and when the program installed itself, it tried to link and download information from my quicken business books. I do not however want to connect the two, but I do want to try it out. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, rock2 wrote: >I downloaded the trail version of Money and when the program installed >itself, it tried to link and download information from my quicken business >books. I do not however want to connect the two, but I do want to try it out. >Any suggestions? File->New->NewFile. ...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SPELL CHECK?
Go to www.c360.com. You can download a small spellcheck "add-on" that works with iespell. It's free and it works well. Regards, John ...

Excel won't start after install
After installing office XP excell goes through the motions but never actually starts...help Jon, Try the following: Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010701c3aad2$20f75500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After installing office XP excell goes through the > motions but never actually starts...help ...

Office 2004 Mac install issue
Hi, Just visited a client with the following setup: 1 x brand new G5 iMac running Mac OS 10.4 1 x 2nd hand eMac 1 x copy of teacher version (3 licences) of Office 2004 Mac. The install on the iMac was faultless. The eMac is a different issue. As it was 2nd Hand we restored it to "out of the box" with the supplied DVD's (no old data remained on the machine). That brought it to 10.3.9. we then upgraded it to 10.4 using a fresh copy bought by the client. Trying to install Office the following happened. Using the setup assistant, the first screen was OK (telling us to be logge...

What's wrong?
I am new on the VC6. In a function I have the two following lines, but on the second line my programm crashed. What's wrong? CTreeCtrl m_Tree; m_Tree.InsertItem("Hallo"); Thanks Frank Try m_tree.Create(...) first. You have to Create controls before you can use them. "Robert A." <invalid@invalid.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u8QlIvbGEHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Try m_tree.Create(...) first. You have to Create controls before you can use > them. > > Ok, but the the following code crashed, too. CTreeCtrl m_Tree; RECT rec; m_Tree....

Excel 2003 installation error
I have been using my PC with excel program for 3 years and when I tried to open an excel spreadsheat today and it would not open. "Installation error: file not found" appeared. File not found was SKU011.CAB and I have not been able to reinstall as I don't have the installation CD as I bought the PC second hand with programs on it. Can anyone help? If you have access to another computer you could save the file from one computer to a disc and copy it in to the appropriate file folder in the computer with the error. "derk22" wrote: > I have been using my PC wit...