Installation problem money 2006

I have IE 8 on my Windows XP system.  Every time I try to run setup for my
money program, it gets an error about installing IE6 & aborts.  I tried
installing IE6 (probably can't have both on the computer at once, I don't
know), and the error is that I have a newer version and cannot install the
older one.

It seems that when I installed the standard version of money, I had not yet
installed the IE8, but I cannot remember.  I've only had IE8 for a few
months.

Anyone able to tell me the easiest way to solve this?  I have a dual boot
system, and Win 98 is installed on the other drive.  It probably does have
IE6, but if I install from there, I don't think that will help me.

I sure hope someone here can tell me how to get this installed.  I didn't
expect this problem.
Niki

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

OK, I finally resolved this, so I will answer my own question.

I tried running setup from the CD, resulting in the same problems mentioned.
I tried going into the IE folder on the CD & running setup for IE 6 (I
already have IE 8 so didn't figure that'd work).  It didn't, telling me I
have a 'newer version', of course.  The setup program basically wants to
install IE6 first, and if it cannot, it is done, won't try.

So from the CD "Money" folder I found & ran the "MNYINST.EXE" file.  It did
install the Money 2006 small business edition into the directory where my
2006 standard edition already existed.  After receiving an error when trying
to run the invoice editor, I also ran the installation files located in the
CD's PSS folder called mdac_typ.exe MDAComp.exe.  I continued to receive an
error about file 'comdlg32.ocx' being missing or invalid or such.  I found
that file on my backup of my original system, copied it to my windows system
& system32 directories, researched & then ran "regsvr32.com comdlg32.ocx".

Now my money2006 small business edition works in all areas.  I'm happy my
options for my home inventory, as well as many others have returned to my
'customize home page' options, the upgrade from the 'standard' edition
brought me many uses that did not exist even in the deluxe version I had
used before (my download expired, that is why I had to buy a new copy &
opted for the small business version).  I am now learning how to separate my
business details/categories/payees from my original way of doing things, and
have a nice vendors/customers list where a lot of information can be
maintained.  There is a lot I can do with this.  One of the best things was
that the 2006 version does not require activation, so other than the online
account updates (which I do manually now), I won't have to worry the next
time my computer fails & I need to do a reinstall.  Next time I will put
Money in before I let windows update my browser though & have made a
notation to myself about these steps I took to get it installed.

Hope this helps someone.
Niki

"J & N F." <johnniki@msn.com> wrote in message
>I have IE 8 on my Windows XP system.  Every time I try to run setup for my
>money program, it gets an error about installing IE6 & aborts.  I tried
>installing IE6 (probably can't have both on the computer at once, I don't
>know), and the error is that I have a newer version and cannot install the
>older one.
>
> It seems that when I installed the standard version of money, I had not
> yet installed the IE8, but I cannot remember.  I've only had IE8 for a few
> months.
>
> Anyone able to tell me the easiest way to solve this?  I have a dual boot
> system, and Win 98 is installed on the other drive.  It probably does have
> IE6, but if I install from there, I don't think that will help me.
>
> I sure hope someone here can tell me how to get this installed.  I didn't
> expect this problem.

Thank you, J & N F!  I'm currently using the online version of Money
Plus, but I have my M2006 CD ready and waiting in case the promise
from Microsoft goes bad.  Your workaround info has been cut-and-pasted
into a safe place.

1
file_mangler
5/5/2010 12:07:59 PM
Just remember your data file will not roll back to M06.

"file_mangler" <jwbspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Thank you, J & N F!  I'm currently using the online version of Money
> Plus, but I have my M2006 CD ready and waiting in case the promise
> from Microsoft goes bad.  Your workaround info has been cut-and-pasted
> into a safe place.

0
Dick

Publisher problem #3
I had some spywear cleaned off my machine about 6 months ago, I have gone to open a publisher file today (not used publisher since befor the spywear) now it comes up with the following message Cannot load file error PTX19.DLL Any Ideas? PUB2000 Error Message: Publisher Cannot Load the Required File (PTXT9.DLL) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=235385&product=pub2000 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MHW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:090701c49b28$d2ed...

Outlook Reading Message problems
I have a question. A France client send message to our outlook 2002 received. When open message , it show " can't open this item", After I try forward message, it show " the messaging interface has returned an unknow error. If the problem persists, retart outlook" . This message cc person can read this message , pls advice how can fix. THx IITITITIT ...

Quick problem using #import
Hello guys, I was just curious how I could specify the default search directory for using #import. So for example, if I type: #import "myLib.dll" How would I find out where the search path for myLib.dll? By default, shouldn't it search the \windows\system32 directory? How would I specify other paths too? I searched MSDN and I couldn't find it. thanks Quoted Form = Instructs the preprocessor to look for type library files first in the directory of the file that contains the #import statement, and then in the directories of whatever files that include (#include) that fi...

Extremely complex problem: showing a value as an 'axis' on a circle
The value represents the orientation in degrees from horizontal So, imagine a circle where 3 o'clock is 0 degrees 12 o'clock is 90 degrees 9 o'clock is 180 degrees and a value of 180 is represented by: a picture of a circle with a horizontal line (going straigh across the diameter) and a value of 90 is represented by: a picture of a circle with a vertial line Is there any way that Excel can translate a value into this pictorally? BACKGROUND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED: taken from http://www.medem.com/MedLB/article_detaillb_for_printer.cfm?article_ID=ZZZG1...

Problems with Office for Mac after upgrade to Snow Leopard
I just read Microsoft knowledgebase article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976446 and I am confused! It says that "If you sync ICal and Entourage 2004, you may notice that events that are transferred from Entourage 2004 to ICal have the wrong times. This is a known issue between Snow Leopard and Entourage." and says that the fix is to create a new user account. I don't get it. Once I create the new account, then what? On 2010-03-07 05:37:06 +0000, IzzyB said: > I just read Microsoft knowledgebase article > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976446 > ...

cannot download templates after active x is installed
I have tried several times to download templates for Publisher but each time I get a window that says that Active X is installed, to continue, but it quickly, within 5 seconds, reverts back to the template page where I can download the template without actually downloading it. I have checked my settings and followed the Help suggestions of making sure Active X for Publisher is installed or enabled. Please help. This is from help on the ClipArt web site If you are running Microsoft Windows´┐Ż XP with Service Pack 2, it is possible to disable or enable ActiveX controls by using the Manage...

TSX Index not appearing in Money 2002
The Toronto Composite Index should appear in list of indices. Does anyone know the symbol that I use for this? ...

Excel and Text problem
I know, Excel isn't a word processor, but for someone who's got an amazing amount of text in an Excel document right now, saying "Excel doesn't really do that" isn't going to make him happy. So, Excel 2000, Text in a cell isn't wrapping at the end. The last sentence runs off the cell and is half a paragraph's worth of text. If I copy it into a fresh spreadsheet, all the text displays properly, so I know its not that there's too much text. For one paragraph, I was able to put it into Word, make line breaks and bring it back. However, for other paragrap...

Problem installing SP2 for Exchange 2003 on front end server
We have Exchange 2003 sp1 Enterprise running on Windows 2003 sp1 Enterprise. I'm trying install SP2 on the systems. We have a front end server for OWA, and two back end servers with the mailboxes. I know you need to upgrade the front end servers first, but when I try to do the SP2 install on the OWA server, I get the "Setup is loading installation." box, followed a few seconds later by "A fatal setup error has occurred. Look at c:\documents and settings.eventlog.txt for more information. Cancelling setup" The eventlog.txt has a number of normal looking statu...

modeless dialog focus problem
Hi there, I'm having a problem with setting the focus on a modeless dialog properly. This is my situation... I have a main dialog app and this creates a modeless dialog when I double click an item in a tree control; I then use SetFocus to bring that window to the top. Ok, this works great so far. Now if I click back on the main window and double click the same item then I look for the modeless dialog that I created (I store pointers to the dialogs that I've created) and call SetFocus on the dialog again, but this time it flashes to the front and then my main dialog window re...

Outlook 2007 E-mail Duplication Problem
I recently migrated from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. All went well except for some reason every time I send a message there is a copy of that item in my inbox as well as the sent item folder (and of course to the recipient). I obviously don't want that message back in my inbox. How do I keep this from happening? Do you have any rules set up on outgoing messages? -- Jocelyn Fiorello *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "pd417" wrote: > I recently migrated from Ou...

Header/footer/page number problem
Hello! Could someone please help me to add headers and page numbers to every page, but the first three pages of a booklet. Page 1 and the header should actually start on Page 4. I'm creating a business directory in booklet format, selected under Layout View, in Publisher 2003. I added page numbers, starting with Page 1 on the third page of the booklet. I inserted a section then entered the page numbers. Everything looks fine -- until I decided to add headers. When I decided to add headers I can only get them to show on every other page, despite trying the two page option on the M...

Inclusion problem between two project
Hi, I'm trying to include (.h and .cpp) from a project to another one. Here is what my solution looks on Visual Studio 2005. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MySolution - Project1 (Window project .exe) - Project1.vcproj - Project1Source1.h - Project1Source1.cpp - Project1Source2.h - Project1Source2.cpp - ... -Project2 (Window project .exe) - Project2.vcproj - Project2Source1.h - Project2Source1.cpp - ... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------...

MS Money 2006 & IE7 error
Since installing IE7 b1, when I close Money 2006, it closes down but then does the dialog that an error occurred. And no matter if choose to send or not send, it reopens Money again. Luckily if you close from the logon screen, it doesn't do this cycle again. Hopefully the Money team knows about this issue. Known IE7 error. That's why you are beta testing - to find out what applications IE7 scr*ws. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.micros...

downloading Quotes problem
I havent been able to download Quotes since 5/13. Strange thing is I dont get an error message or any indication they failed excpept ... the 'Read call summary Messages" it shows last time quotes were downloaded 5/13 successfully. Other online fuctions seem to work ... Money update, Credit card downloads. Additionally, a second Money file I have works fine. I did try running salve and there were no broken records in my Money file. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? TIA Sorry, I forgot to mention I am using Money 04. "quest" <quest@abc.com> wrote in messa...

assertion problem in Mixed mode DLL
Pardon the cross post, but I'm not sure where exactly to post this question. We have MFC application using many MFC extention DLL's. We started using a new MFC extention DLL that is mixed mode so we could use some .Net components we have built. We are getting an assertion in ~CCmdTarget when exiting our app when after making a call to Windows Forms MessageBox. On line 48, m_dwRef is 2 for some reason. Offending line - System::Windows::Forms::MessageBox::Show("Test"); Is there some function I need to call to release something that I am missing? Any ideas? Thanks... Craig...

Money gets confused by transfers with different dates in each account
I would've thought that Money could handle what I'm trying to do, so maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I have a checking and credit card account, both of which have the statements entered electronically. I also have other investment accounts, all of which are entered manually. In one of the investment accounts, I had the account do a direct debit from my checking account to buy new mutual fund shares. My bank statement already has an entry, downloaded electronically, that shows the debit. I want to convert that into a transfer to my investment account. I can do it -- almost. The pro...

Sorting problem #4
Hello, I've got Excel 2002 SP3. I've got a spreadsheet with part numbers in column A, and then prices in column B. I used Data > Sort by column A to get the list of 600+ part numbers in alphanumeric order. The first five part numbers are: 0405 0433 0435 0503 0615 This is fine. But then I have to scroll down about 30 rows to find these part numbers: 0401-B 0406* 0422* 0423* I would like these to be at the top of the list with the other part numbers (so that 0401-B is first and the others fall in line where they should). Is there a way to automatically do this? I don&#...

installation of 2nd DHCP server
Hi, We have a windows 2003 DHCP server. I am trying to activate another DHCP server (on windows 2003). So that we have to server handling out IP's - what issues should I be aware of, apart from configuring different scopes? Can I preform this during normal working hours Thanks Hello Vishal, I assume you have used the name "biren" in a posting from 18:38 from today so please check the previous posting about. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT...

Money Plus does not download new transactions
I've been having this problem in which I click to update transactions and Money Plus does so, giving no error, updates the balance correcly, says "Transactions to be read: nn" stating the correct number of new transactions since last synchronization (as checked from the bank web statement), but the new transactions do no show in the account registry. You can click on the message "Transactions to be read: nn" or go to the account list and all you see is the old transactions, with an updated balance. The same transactions appear cleared at the bank website. This ...

entering Digital Rights on Money Plus Deluxe
I bought the full version of Money Plus Deluxe $49.99 and it seemed to install ok. But I didn't get the or see the oppty to enter the digital rights code that Microsoft emailed me. So when I open the program I get a reminder that I'm on a trial version that will end soon and the only options are "remind me later" and "purchase" and when I select "purchase" a window takes me to the purchase website so I can buy it again (I guess). How / where is the screen to enter the digital rights? HELP! In microsoft.public.money, RobertsMom wrote: >I boug...

Money 2004 Won't Start
When trying to start Money 2004, I receive the message Microsoft Money has encountered an error and must close. I have tried several reinstalls, but still the same problem. If anyone has any ideas or knows a fix, please let me know. I have been using this for several months now with no problems. -- Lyle Canterbury lylekath@ccol.net I have been unable to get it to start as well. Have also tried reinstalling several times. The first message I got was about running norton antivirus software. I temporarily disabled it according to directions and tat didn't work, either. I also tried...

StretchDIBits problem
Hello. I use the StretchDIBits function 5 time by second to display a 8 bits frame (800*640) in graylevel. The function return the right value 640. My problem appear after around 98000 call of this function the function called by a thread with ON_MESSAGE & PostMessage LRESULT CDisplayFrame::RefreshFrame(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam){ m_stretchStatus=StretchDIBits(m_dispArea.GetDC()->m_hDC,\ 0,0,Coord.right - Coord.left, Coord.bottom - Coord.top,\ 0,0,WIDTH,HEIGHT,currentDisplayFrame, MyIH,DIB_RGB_COLORS,SRCCOPY); return (true); } If I put i...

TD Waterhouse "Add Shares" problem in investment account
A few weeks back (12 July to be precise), Cal Learner suggested that I look in my investment account to see if TD Watehouse had created an "Add Shares" entry, and if so there was a workaround he could detail. Believe it or not it has taken until now to get around to looking and there are some "Add Shares" entries for sale of money market assets. Thanks for the tip, and could Cal (or anyone else) post the workaround? Would I be better off turning off automatic updates from TD Waterhouse and just manually updating it? It isn't like I'm doing heavy trading in the acc...

Start Up Money 2006 Screen
My start-up screen has changed and it causes Money to be opened 'off-line', but the 'work off-line' button does not appear. The opening screen now shows the file location of the Money file, but not the MS Passport log in I usually see. Has anyone seen this problem before? I worked with Support over the weekend and they had me remove my CA PestPatrol saying it did not work with Money, but the problem perists. Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, Bm10128 wrote: >My start-up screen has changed and it causes Money to be opened 'off-line', >but the 'work off-l...