Install 2005 without converting my quicken file

I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer.  How do I install
Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file.

I want to start Money from "Scratch."

0
Paul297 (622)
1/26/2005 3:19:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote:

>I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer.  How do I install
>Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file.

Even if you "convert" your Quicken file, you could still run both. I
believe that Money only reads your .qdf and does not change it.

>I want to start Money from "Scratch."

Tell Money you do not want to convert. It will ask during setup if
you would like to convert or not.

Also, if you choose to not use Passport during setup, you would
click "decline" during setup. That would prevent certain features
from being utilized.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/26/2005 3:27:35 AM
I suspect somewhere along the way it give you a chance to tell it this is
not what you want to do, but I've never tried so can't describe exact
procedure and I wouldn't be surprised if they made it hidden and cryptic.
Alternately, rename it for a moment to a different extension. Once Money
know a .MNY file, it will likely quit asking about your Quicken file.

>I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer.  How do I
>install
> Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file.
>
> I want to start Money from "Scratch."

How to convert day of a year
Hello, I have sheet where date is expressed as day of a year. I know that converting from day-month-year into day of a year is quite easy, but I don't know how to do this in other direction. I have tried to write multiple if confitions, but it's generating many errors. Is there any convenient way of doing it (maybe macro ?) > I have sheet where date is expressed as day of a year. > I know that converting from day-month-year into day of > a year is quite easy, but I don't know how to do this in > other direction. I would think you are looking for this... =DATE(YEA...

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

How do I split a large document in to separate files for review
I am creating a large document (>150 pages) with multiple chapters and sections. I need to be able to send only a chapter at a time for review without losing the auto numbering of tables, graphs, section titles, page numbers, etc. In the previous word version I used a master document with each chapter being a separate file. Does anyone have a suggestion for word 2007 in Windows 7? Hello Egle Egle-EBD wrote: > I am creating a large document (>150 pages) with multiple chapters and > sections. I need to be able to send only a chapter at a time for review > w...

Invoice Design Cannot Save My Invoice Designs
I know I have seen an answewr to this issue, but for the life of me, I cannot find it. When I design an invoice, I do not seem able to recall and load the one I designed and saved! - It does not appear in the list of available invoices - very strange I seem to remember the solution was a fix, or small change in the registry...... Any advice is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Recovering EXCEL files
There are times when Excel will crash for some reason and when I reopen Excel, the files show as "recovered". Where are the recovered files stored? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt We found where the autosave was saved for this computer. No assistance needed at this time. "Barb Reinhardt" wrote: > There are times when Excel will crash for some reason and when I reopen > Excel, the files show as "recovered". Where are the recovered files stored? > > > Thanks, > Barb Reinhardt ...

importing multiple text files into excel???
Hi, I am experiencing a big problem. As a part of my analysis for PhD I have to analyze more then 1000 files. The data that I have is in text files. To be more precise, I have 5 different data sets, from different meteo centres, each centre has a data set of 365 files for each day during the year. The format of text files is something as following: Camborne Met. Office WINDS rev 4.1 50.20 -5.30 88 02 01 01 00 00 23 0 29 3 35 07:09 (3.0) 07:09 (3.0) 06:08 (3.0) 284 284 65 65 400 400 23 23 12.5 12.5 1 1500 1500 35 35 400 400 43 90.0 43 74.5 313 74.5 HT SPD DIR Radials... 0.101 9.8 113 0.0 ...

Money 2005 file conversion issue from 2004
Bought the software and loaded it to my laptop. Did the file conversion (running 2004) and it opened the file......once the first update occurred the application goes dead - screen freeze. Now when I open 2005 the screen immediately freezes.........I also noticed in my directory that my original file which was about 10mg is now 60mg............ When I create a new file in 2005 it works fine and everything is good. So it appears the Money 2005 is have a problem with my existing 2004 money file......... Anyone else having this problem???????? I have had problems with the file updating...

Value Pak Installer

Installation #4

Installer for my access application

File comparison
Folks: I have 2 separate Excel files. Each file contains about 100 symbols. I would like to run a quick COMPARISON the content of these 2 files in order to identify those symbols words that appear in BOTH files. Finally I would like to write the results to either of the original files or maybe to a third Excel spreadsheet. * Is there an excel function or program that can achieve this objective ? Deeply appreciate any assistance with this problem ? P.S. Would it be better to first bring the content of both files into separate columns of the same spreadsheet ? Thanks, Jo. h...

How do I change which software views my jpg files when I download.
Please help, it keeps going to the wrong software! On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:21:02 -0800, pamieg <pamieg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please help, it keeps going to the wrong software! Howdy, This has nothing to do with Outlook... It would help if you mentioned your operating system, but... In Win 2000: Open Windows Explorer. Then Tools | Folder Options | File Types. Once there, you can associate your *.jpg files with any software you wish. If that does not work for your OS, I'd suggest looking in the help file for "File Associations" then "Associate a ...

Frequent file corruption in the documents and setting area
Since a month or so, I have frequent messages 'corrupted file, run chkdsk' after booting. The files concerned are ALWAYS in the 'documents and setting' directory, often temp files, or Norton 360 files. I am quite positive that the disk itself is sane (only 1 raw sector is reallocated in SMART). Any idea from what area could the problem come ? I do have units up to K (2 physical units), and only this directory ever get corrupted on G (system XP pro) Thanks -- Jean Paulo "Jean-Paulo" <jean.paulo@free.fr> responded in News item ...

Converting and adding lbm & ozm
I am trying to build a spreadsheet to total five separate fish weighe in pounds and ounces. I need a column for the name of the fisherman 1st fish, 2nd fish, 3rd fish, 4th fish, 5th fish (each in pounds an ounces), and a total column in pounds and ounces. I would also like to designate a point value by the most weight t least, (160pts 1st, 150pts 2nd ... 10 pts 16th place). I also need column to denote a 2 oz penalty for each dead fish, that would then b subtracted from the total. I also will need to be able to total betwee two sheets, so I can show totals for a two day tournament where the 1...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

is there any warning signal when pst file grow too big
hi, is there any way to noticfy when the personal folder had grow too large?? Thanks There are policy settings for this for Outlook 2003. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 -- "sailfish" <sailfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4A467B7-D4E4-4EDB-9DCB-0587438889B0@microsoft.com... > hi, is there any way to noticfy when the personal folder had grow too > large?? > > Thanks ...

Printing Without Name On E-mail
When I print an e-mail I get my name printed at the top with thick line underneath. I checked in MEMO STYLES under PRINT SETUP and user name is not set to print. I turned off MS WORD as my editor in case that's where it's coming from but still prints my name at top heading. It does not show when I view the email in the INBOX view pane. Thanks for any help. Yannis ...

Can I check out multiple files at one time in SharePoint?
-- Thanks for the help. Not with the standard UI. Perhaps with some custom coding you could make it possible. "hvharr" wrote: > Thanks for the help. You can try SPBulkActions which allows, among other things, bulk check- out: http://www.spelements.com/spbulkactions/ On Nov 30, 3:49=A0pm, hvharr <hvh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > -- > Thanks for the help. On the other hand, you can have more than one item checked out to you at any given time. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. &quo...

Installing XP over Linux

Currency Convert
Of all the accouns I tried to convert, two refuse to convert to newer currency in spite of all my attempts. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks, Ada What kind of error do you see? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "M F Adajania" <ffaltu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OHZ7yZ...

OL2003 "PST File Not Closed Properly"
Even when it really was, I get this every time I open Outlook 2003, and it insists on checking for errors. Anyone else get this? -- Neil ...