Incorrect import of decimal point placement.

I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe.
This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial
institution and the decimal point shifted 2 spaces to left in all but 2
entries. Instead of 400.00, the result was 4.00.
Has this occurred to anyone?
Iv'e been using the software for the past 3 months and this is the first
time it had occured.
Money or Financial institution problem??
0
MARTIN1 (286)
1/15/2006 11:52:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote:

>I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe.
>This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial
>institution and the decimal point shifted 2 spaces to left in all but 2
>entries. Instead of 400.00, the result was 4.00.
>Has this occurred to anyone?
>Iv'e been using the software for the past 3 months and this is the first
>time it had occured.
>Money or Financial institution problem??

Look at the QIF file to find out.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/16/2006 1:12:11 AM
Cal,
Thanks for the response.
I did look at the QIF file after understanding what it was and how to open
the file.
The QIF file showed the decimal point in correct position.
Martin

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote:
>
> >I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe.
> >This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial
> >institution and the decimal point shifted 2 spaces to left in all but 2
> >entries. Instead of 400.00, the result was 4.00.
> >Has this occurred to anyone?
> >Iv'e been using the software for the past 3 months and this is the first
> >time it had occured.
> >Money or Financial institution problem??
>
> Look at the QIF file to find out.

0
MARTIN1 (286)
1/16/2006 2:46:04 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote:

>I did look at the QIF file after understanding what it was and how to open
>the file.
>The QIF file showed the decimal point in correct position.

Are you sure that is the same QIF file that you previously loaded
and got the wrong values?

That's odd. Don't overwrite your recent backups.

I suggest you reboot your computer. Then try
File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair in Money. It seems unlikely
to help, but it won't hurt.

If the problem remains, try creating a new empty Money file, named
something like Test.mny. Then File->Import that QIF file to see what
happens.

>Martin
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote:
>>
>> >I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe.
>> >This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial
>> >institution and the decimal point shifted 2 spaces to left in all but 2
>> >entries. Instead of 400.00, the result was 4.00.
>> >Has this occurred to anyone?
>> >Iv'e been using the software for the past 3 months and this is the first
>> >time it had occured.
>> >Money or Financial institution problem??
>>
>> Look at the QIF file to find out.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/16/2006 4:21:56 AM
Cal,
Under tools-options-editing, the add decimal point automatically was
selected by default.

When I had opened the file in Quattro it showed correct values ie: 1.00.

When I opened the file in both Word & Excel, the values changed when
displayed ie: .01.
I re-imported same file without decimal point auto entry and values were
correct.
Martin

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote:
>
> >I did look at the QIF file after understanding what it was and how to open
> >the file.
> >The QIF file showed the decimal point in correct position.
>
> Are you sure that is the same QIF file that you previously loaded
> and got the wrong values?
>
> That's odd. Don't overwrite your recent backups.
>
> I suggest you reboot your computer. Then try
> File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair in Money. It seems unlikely
> to help, but it won't hurt.
>
> If the problem remains, try creating a new empty Money file, named
> something like Test.mny. Then File->Import that QIF file to see what
> happens.
>

> >Martin

> >> Look at the QIF file to find out.

0
MARTIN1 (286)
1/16/2006 3:47:02 PM
Correction to my previous post-
The values that Excel & Word produced was 1
Not .01 as I had indicated.
Martin

"Martin" wrote:

> Cal,
> Under tools-options-editing, the add decimal point automatically was
> selected by default.
>
> When I had opened the file in Quattro it showed correct values ie: 1.00.
>
> When I opened the file in both Word & Excel, the values changed when
> displayed ie: .01.
> I re-imported same file without decimal point auto entry and values were
> correct.
> Martin
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
> > In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote:
> >
> > >I did look at the QIF file after understanding what it was and how to open
> > >the file.
> > >The QIF file showed the decimal point in correct position.
> >
> > Are you sure that is the same QIF file that you previously loaded
> > and got the wrong values?
> >
> > That's odd. Don't overwrite your recent backups.
> >
> > I suggest you reboot your computer. Then try
> > File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair in Money. It seems unlikely
> > to help, but it won't hurt.
> >
> > If the problem remains, try creating a new empty Money file, named
> > something like Test.mny. Then File->Import that QIF file to see what
> > happens.
> >

> > >Martin

0
MARTIN1 (286)
1/16/2006 4:44:04 PM
Check the decimal settings in Windows' Regional Settings.
-Mark

"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cal,
> Under tools-options-editing, the add decimal point automatically was
> selected by default.
>
> When I had opened the file in Quattro it showed correct values ie: 1.00.
>
> When I opened the file in both Word & Excel, the values changed when
> displayed ie: .01.
> I re-imported same file without decimal point auto entry and values were
> correct.
> Martin
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
> > In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote:
> >
> > >I did look at the QIF file after understanding what it was and how to
open
> > >the file.
> > >The QIF file showed the decimal point in correct position.
> >
> > Are you sure that is the same QIF file that you previously loaded
> > and got the wrong values?
> >
> > That's odd. Don't overwrite your recent backups.
> >
> > I suggest you reboot your computer. Then try
> > File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair in Money. It seems unlikely
> > to help, but it won't hurt.
> >
> > If the problem remains, try creating a new empty Money file, named
> > something like Test.mny. Then File->Import that QIF file to see what
> > happens.
> >

> > >Martin

0
abcd7779 (838)
1/16/2006 5:11:30 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote:

>Under tools-options-editing, the add decimal point automatically was
>selected by default.
>
>When I had opened the file in Quattro it showed correct values ie: 1.00.
>
>When I opened the file in both Word & Excel, the values changed when
>displayed ie: .01.
>I re-imported same file without decimal point auto entry and values were
>correct.

I confirm this when I test it in Money 2005.

Whether the bank should be entering an amount without an explicit
decimal point, I don't know. But I confirm that a T100 line in a QIF
will come in as $100.00 in the not-automatically insert mode, and
$1.00 in the other setting.

Nice find. Is the bank at fault, Money at fault, or both? I guess
that would depend on tracking down a QIF standard.
http://www.respmech.com/mym2qifw/qif_new.htm is one, but not
definitive or explicit. Example QIF files that I remember always
have an explicit decimal. So if that were the case in your download
file, the problem would not have arisen. And while Quicken would
seem to be the authority on Quicken Interchange Format, they are
trying to kill QIF opting for more proprietary methods.

There is anther case where a setting more commonly affects QIF file
interpretation. Banks differ on using MM/DD vs DD/MM. Money uses the
Windows settings to make that call.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

RR Import Utility
We have stores in different states, so we assign different item taxes to different stores for each item in our HQ database. Normally when we create a new item we start by copying an existing item. This also copies the tax assignments for each store for the item and makes item creation easier. We have started to use the RR Import Utility to import certain new items, but RR has not yet given us a proceedure for easily updating the store item taxes for the imported items. Does anyone out there know how to do this? When we import an item using the Import Utility, do we have to go into e...

Incorrectly scaled graphics
I would be grateful if someone could suggest ideas or solution. A correctly sized JPEG (BMP or Tiff) imported into Excel 2000, 2002 or 2003 is printing out - scaled incorrectly. Mac Excel 2001 is fine. If I draw an object (ruled box) at 8cm x 8cm the object is dispro'd on print. I can't find any mention on Knowledgebase and have tried every conceivable option I can find in prefs. I sure this is a simple fix, but the blatantly obvious is not apparent to me! PS: I've excluded screen resolution and OS level problem for Win98 and Pro XP and have tried a office repair for Excel XP. If I...

Importing info into Outlook 2003 beta
Anyone else try to import data into Outlook 2003? I do not see Import/Export under File or anywhere. Any help would be great. Thanks ...

Importing CSV or TXT file stored on network drive
After exporting a file using csv format, I am unable to open it in Excel 2002 if the file is stored on my network drive. However, if I store the same file on my local drive, it is automatically imported upon opening the file. Thoughts? Anyone? When you say "..unable to open..", what exactly do you mean? i.e. do you get an error message or...? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Claudia" <cyounkvich@bsu.edu> wrote in message news:19f001c3c9a3$d392a080$3101280a@phx.gbl... > After exporting a file using c...

investment type incorrect
I input a new investment and hit the return quickly. It entered the investment as a BOND. It should have been a MUTUAL FUND. It was entered as a symbol and now I cannot remove the symbol from my list. Unfortunately, bonds do not track like a Mutual Fund. How can one delete an investment from their list. I also have many funds that I no longer have interest in, but can't get rid of them. Help In microsoft.public.money, Jack wrote: >I input a new investment and hit the return quickly. It >entered the investment as a BOND. It should have been a >MUTUAL FUND. It w...

Importing #3
Hi, can I import data from another Excel file into one main Excel file? My problem is that in some of the different Excel files the data that I want to import is in a different column...ie Customer/Address1/Address2/Postal Code (main file) /Address1/Address2/Postal Code/Customer (file to import). If I can import how do I do it? Thanx Simon Bring the files into two different worksheets (maybe in two different workbooks). Pick the one whose layout you like best. Then rearrange the columns in the other to match. Select the column and shift-click on the border and drag it to its new positio...

Importing a .dat file into IM
Does anyone know of a tool I can use to clean and rename a .dat file to .txt file for an IM import. I think I can just use DTS or VB Script to automated that process.. If anyone has some advise for me that would ideal.. You can use the ABC Amber Agent Converter to do a bunch of file conversions between different formats http://www.processtext.com/abcagent.html Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "adatasys" wrote: > Does anyone know of a tool I can use to clean and rename a .dat file to .txt ...

Data type issue when importing from excel to access
I tried to import a csv file to access using trsnfetext method. My code is working fine, however, because of data type mismatch some data not importing. I have a 'customer#' column which contains numbers only and alphanumeric numbers. The appending table's field 'Customer#' is text. But when importing it iis not importing aiphanumeric customer number to the field. How can I fix this issue using VBA. Any help, really appreciated. You need to use an import specification (second argument of the DoCmd.TransferText method). In that specification, set the data ty...

Incorrect values on pivot chart???help!!!
I have a pivot chart with the names/technicians/codes...When I change to the month of July it only shows like three patients. I have approximately 200 entered in. It appears to work fine for all other months. It just will not work for this one. I have had alot of trouble with the grouping feature for the months to try to show what is happening per technician, per doctor, per month...Any suggestions? -- ultrasounds4u Does the pivot table source range include all the July rows of data? To check, right-click on a cell in the pivot table Click PivotTable Wizard Click the Back button to g...

GAL Import
Currently I receive a GalImport file that uses cscript to import over 80,000 contacts into the external Receipt on Exchange 5.5. I'm upgrading to Exchange 2003 would like to import the contact into AD OU called Contact with mail enabled. Does any one have a sample script for importing into AD? Thanks for your help! ...

Different Starting Points on X-Axis
Hi there, I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values from 1 to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the smoothed data points. The problem with this is that the starting point is different. For the original data points (series1), the first value starts at 1 and goes to 20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the first value starts at 2 and goes to 20. When I try to chart the line graph in Excel 2003 by selecting the y-values for series2 starting at x=2, the chart actually begins at x=1. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to chang...

Count digits before decimals and after decimals
Dear expert, Would like to count the digits before decimals and after decimals. For example, 111975.35 should be 6 digits before decimals and 2 digits after decimals 12456.25 should be 5 and 2 2478.24 should be 4 and 2 248.37 should be 3 and 2 Using LEN does not help. Can you help please? Hi, Why doesn't LEN help. try these =LEN(INT(A1)) and for the decimal portion =IF(ISERROR(FIND(".",A1)),0,LEN(A1)-FIND(".",A1)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while...

Importing addresses #2
Hi may i know if it's possible to import my yahoo and hotmail addresses into my outlook 2007, thanks Assuming they are web access accounts you need to check them as to what options there are for exporting the addresses to file that OL can import "Amin" <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBBDA469-5781-4393-82D0-6809779BFDC2@microsoft.com... > Hi may i know if it's possible to import my yahoo and hotmail addresses > into > my outlook 2007, thanks Amin <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi may i know if it's possi...

The parameter is incorrect
An error "The parameter is incorrect" is encopuntered when drag and drop an Email from Outlook to Winodws explorer for uploading doc to sharepoint portal. Thx! DH Does it work if you restart outlook? (and keep working as long as you don't open one of the messages from explorer). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:...

Importing UK public holidays
Is there any way of importing major UK public holidays (bank holidays, Christmas, Easter etc) into Outlook 2003? Ta muchly. Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Calendar button > Add Holidays. Check the box for UK. "Trent SC" <invalid@bogoff.invalid> wrote in message news:%23WOERVu4FHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there any way of importing major UK public holidays (bank holidays, > Christmas, Easter etc) into Outlook 2003? > > Ta muchly. > Got it, many thanks. > Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Calendar button > ...

The Importance of Cleaning Up Data
The cutover for my SQL Server upsizing project is this weekend. Things have gone well in terms of the app design, but one thing was driven home to me by this upsizing project that I think it's good to be reminded of: Clean data is important not just to accuracy, but because clean data makes your database function better. For example: I had a table with over 500K records that had a foreign key from a 5K table. There was no relationship enforced, and so many of the records had no value there. But I needed to display the data from both tables. That meant that I needed an outer join. Th...

importing Money 2005 XP back up file into Vista
I have recently upgraded from XP professional to Vista. I was using Money 2005 and made a bacup thinking I could open it in Vista. I installed Vista then Money 2005 and tried to open my back up (located in my odcuments) file, so far so good. Money then told me it would have to convert the file so that I could work with it in money and then that it would upgrade my file to money. Anyway I pressed next and it come up with a message saying: Money cannot locate c:\path of the file or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read only file or you don't have permission to change it or...

Customer Import
I'm using QSImport and I can't get the customer template to work. Anyone have any help? I've used the other templates successfully. However, the customer template, even w/just one line with account number, last name and first populated, I can't get anything to load except the account number. My error log has error codes, but I have no idea where to find translations! Post here the error codes please. Also, just an idea. Sometimes, when you use Excel to handle csv files, when saving it Excel skips some of the empty columns, especially in the end. Open th csv file in ...

XY Scatter and a big amount of points #2
Hi, In my system XY Scatter there are a big amount of points , when I decide , I put a new value (x,y), two questions: what or how do you do this and Can I have a clean view of the result ? ( the points are very close ). Thanks, Josep "Josep Miquel Cubel" <jcp00010@terra.es> wrote in message news:CmPPc.1787149$A6.6824478@telenews.teleline.es... > Hi, > In my system XY Scatter there are a big amount of points , when I decide , > I put a new value (x,y), two questions: what or how do you do this and Can > I have a clean view of the result ? ( the poi...

Microsoft Query is not importing all data from an excel file
I'm trying to import data from an *.xlsm file, using Microsoft Query, but the data table created in my worksheet is missing the last 15-20 rows from the source. The overall size of the source worksheet is about 30 columns by 3500 rows. I've tried re-entering the data in the source, and re-ordering the rows but the problem persists. Is there a much lower limit to the amount of data I'm able to import than I thought? Any suggestions welcome ...

Action Promised field shows incorrect details
In Collection Management we created 2 action ID's 'Send Letter' and 'interest'. Then ran a query to select customers that need to be send a first reminder (trx > sales > build query). Then we want to print these reminders for the selection of customers created (trx > sales > query letters). As we use the first reminder here, the action SEND letter is taken. Then we want to print (here for the same query, normally you would first create another query) a reminder for interest to be paid (after X days due), and we print the letters. Here the letter is Inter...

V3 Bulk Import
Hi Does anyone know of a way to import Accounts AND their associated contacts through the bulk import? As far as I can see if you want to associate a contact with an account you need to specify the GUID of the account on the contact record import. I thought of importing all the accounts, then exporting the account name & GUID, doing a look up & match in XL with the contact records and then importing the contacts with the GUID attached to link to the account. Any better ideas's than this - or should I just use Scribe? Regards Cozy If you don't have too many accounts her...

convert a power point slide index to publisher
How can I convert a power point program to publisher. Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "mike" <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59F29BB7-2C39-48C5-95AF-75BE5854144F@microsoft.com... > How can I convert a power point program to publisher. ...

Incorrect time on IMAP in box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the TIME displayed on incoming messages shows 09:56:***PST. Can anyone explain or offer a suggestion as to how to correct this issue. Is there a separate clock perhaps on the motherboard? Thanx for any help. On 12/12/09 6:48 PM, in article 59baee9a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "RareHero@officeformac.com" <RareHero@officeformac.com> wrote: > Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the > TIME displayed ...

password incorrect
when trying to import/export a pst folder I am prompted for the password. I keep getting told the password is incorrect. I changed the p/word and this was accepted but again I get same message. When I cancel I get told that properties need to be defined. was working ok what you could try is right click on the pst file.. go to properties.. see if read only is uncheckd.. which it should be.... however unfortunately if this doesnt work.... that's it.. someone must have set a password for your pst file sometime earlier..!! "Adam" <adam@raw101.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message ne...