incompatibility problems

I had Money 2001 UK version and now have 2004 US
version.  I know that I have to open my file in 2001 UK
and export the data...the problem is I no longer have the
2001 UK version as it was lost in the move.  Does anyone
know a way around or know where I can get a temporary
copy to perform this task?

BTW, I didn't have this problem going from Money 1999 US
to 2001 UK.  Why are there problems now?  Also, why can
MS program conversions for Quicken and not their own
software?
0
kziegler (1)
11/21/2003 4:15:11 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Best idea would be to download one of the UK trial versions, install it,
export your accounts and then uninstall the trial version and reinstall the
US one.

Older versions used to allow updates between versions, but things have
changed in the program which no longer allows this.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish.

"Kirk Ziegler" <kziegler@alumni.utexas.net> wrote in message
> I had Money 2001 UK version and now have 2004 US
> version.  I know that I have to open my file in 2001 UK
> and export the data...the problem is I no longer have the
> 2001 UK version as it was lost in the move.  Does anyone
> know a way around or know where I can get a temporary
> copy to perform this task?
>
> BTW, I didn't have this problem going from Money 1999 US
> to 2001 UK.  Why are there problems now?  Also, why can
> MS program conversions for Quicken and not their own
> software?

0
glyn1 (1534)

Problem With Front End Server Exchange 2003
i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. i got Error message on my screen There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be at Lease on RPC-HTTP Front-end Server in the organization before the RPC-HTTp back and serve. so how can i configuration RPCHTTP Front End www.microsoft.com/exchange On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:11:04 -0800, dua <dua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. >i got Error message on my screen >There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be >at Lease on R...

Download Progress Window problem?
I have Money 2006 Premium. I use to have small Progress Window show up every time I was doing Update or download transactions from my bank or broker. Not any more. How can I get it back? Thanks in advance. -- Sam. In microsoft.public.money, Sandac wrote: >I have Money 2006 Premium. >I use to have small Progress Window show up every time I was doing Update or >download transactions from my bank or broker. >Not any more. >How can I get it back? >Thanks in advance. Try clicking the rotating circle+arrows in the upper-right. Thanks I'll try. But beside this Icon,...

Simple problem...
I am new to using Excel. I want to create a column that has the days of the month (1 Nov 03 thru 30 Nov 03). I know there is a way I can put the date in the first cell and then either paste or drag down and excel will add the dates sequentially, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it...I did it once before and don't remember the sequence that I followed. Could someone please post the steps on how to do this? Thanks! Bobby Bobby, put the date in a cell, A1, and click on the black square in the lower right hand corner and drag down -- Paul B Always backup your data before ...

401K Download Problem
I am having problems downloading my 401k data from Fidelity Netbenefits. I have a call out to them as well to see if there is a problem. This has worked for me no problem for more than a year on MS Money 2005. The last two weeks, I get an error message everytime I update. The rest of my accounts (checking, savings, credit cards, etc.) are all working, just this one is not I ended up upgrading to MS Money 2007 for other reasons, but this problem continues. Does anyone have suggestions about what to do to fix this? Thanks! ...

Outlook and a couple of other problems
I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition and can get to the internet with no problem through IE6 and Windows Messenger..so I have connectivity. I can NOT however, send or receive e-mail with either Outlook or Outlook Express. One further complication is that the computer boots up with no problem, however, when I "Restart" or "Turn Off" the sytem wll either not respond to either command or WILL respond after two or three tries but often will hang at the "Windows is Shutting Down" screen. The only way for it to complete the process seems to either hit ...

Printing problem with Publisher 2002 #2
I am having a problem printing certain documents with Pub 2002. I try and print a single page color document with my HP Office Jet Pro K5400 printer and it goes into the printing que and then it disappears. The printer runs for a second as if its going to print but then nothing futher happens. I try and print that document in black & white I get the same result. I thought maybe it was the size of the document at 417 KB but I am able to print an identical size document without a problem. I am having this problem with several different Publisher 2002 flyers that I have created. ...

Money Deluxe 2007 and Vista: Incompatible?
Hi! I just bought an Acer Aspire with Vista Home Premium. I tried to install Money Deluxe 2007 and I got an incompatibility message. Money seems to have installed but as soon as I get to the Sign-in page I get a message that says my sign-in info is not valid. I checked all the info and everything is fine but I still can't sign in. Does anybody know what the problem is? Can you run MM? I have got VISTA Ultimate 86, 2 GB RAM, Radeon X 1950 Pro and MM 2007 Delux works exellent. -- JerzyMarian "Ricardo Mata" wrote: > Hi! I just bought an Acer Aspire with Vista Home...

Publisher 2002 Photo Crop Problem
I apologize if I am posting this problem twice. However, I couldn't tell if the first time posted or not. The problem is: When I crop a photo I've placed in a Publisher 2002 document, it looks fine on the screen. However, when I print it, the portion of the photo that is cropped is exactly the reverse of what it looked like on the screen. For example, if I crop the top of the photo off, it prints with the bottom of the photo cropped off. How do I fix this so that what shows as cropped on the screen is what prints? Thank you so much for any help! Is this all photos? Might ...

Mic problem
I had an old mic. I set it up, it worked, then stopped working after an automatic update. Fearing something was wrong with the old mic, I bought a new headset, plugged it in, set it up, and it worked... Until after an automatic update, it stopped working. Fearing the headset might have been damaged during transport, I went and bought another mic, plugged it in, set it up and it worked. And, again, it stopped working after an automatic update. Sensing a pattern, I had tried all 3 mics on another computer and they all work. Now, I have the 3 mics, and they're not being recogniz...

Incompatibility
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel This is more of a comment than a question, but I am hoping that someone from Microsoft reads this. I am totally dismayed by the lack of backward compatibility this version has with 2004. I have gradesheets in Excel in particular, but other spreadsheets as well dealing with acid/base balance, etc from Excel that have VBA macros built in that are no longer useful. I can no longer use any of it. I use the eInstruction CPS clicker system in my Powerpoint lectures for pop quizzes and just to keep the class alert that I can no...

PowerPoint 2003 problems
I am creating a presentation for a co-worker. I created with the animation scheme "fade in one by one." I also had the slide transition set to automatically move to the next slide after 15 seconds. When I had finished about half of the slides, my co-worker decided that he wanted the slide transition to be available on click. I attempted to change these settings in both the view and also changed them on the master slide. Also, I am trying to understand why I had a video that played on a selected slide at home, but now that I am trying to run it at work, it only ...

Publisher incompatability with Windows Vista
I have Microsoft Picture It Publishing 2001 (Gold) and have learned to like it better than any other image editing program. I have tried Paint Shop Pro but it is much harder to use and does not do some things as well as MS Publisher does. I was using Publisher on an older PC with Windows XP and was working just great but the old PC disc drive quit working and I really needed much more memory as I deal with a lot of images for my 3 websites. I purchased a new PC with plenty of memory but didn't realize what I was getting into with the newest, latest and greatest Windows Vista operati...

Flash Player problem
I have watched I Player for some time but suddenly I get a message that says that I need Flash Player in order to see programmes and gives me the download site. I have tried 4 times now and still I cannot see I Player After each download I get the message Flash Player downloaded successfully. What is causing this and how to I correct it?. Blair bm wrote: > I have watched I Player for some time but suddenly I get a message > that says that I need Flash Player in order to see programmes and > gives me the download site. I have tried 4 times now and still I > cannot ...

Problems formatting envelope address font/size
I am trying to change the default settings for the font type & size for the return and delivery address using the Options button dialog box (which appears after clicking the envelopes button in the mailings section). This does change the font type & size for the current envelope but does not seem to remain permanently as the next time that I click on the envelopes button, even if I am still in the same document. I do click the default button and answer that I want to change the default envelope address font and that it will affect all new documents based on the NORMAL...

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems

formula problem #10
I would like to configure a percentage in an excel 2000 spreadsheet. Please email help topic answers to tracy@weathers.com or call at 804-861-1076 at extension 116. Thank you for your help, Tracy Pendergrass give an example of what you need. is it cell formating or the formula calc that you are having trouble with? >-----Original Message----- >I would like to configure a percentage in an excel 2000 >spreadsheet. Please email help topic answers to >tracy@weathers.com or call at 804-861-1076 at extension >116. > Thank you ...

Exchange 2003 possible relay problem
Ok, I have migrated everything over to Exchange 2003, I have to wait till next week to go native, but for the most part everything is done. When I open up my queues I still see tons of queue with message that were not originated here or destined here. I originally thought I had a problem with the exchange 5.5 server relaying outside mail (like spam). One post mention that it should go away when I migrated to 2003. Well now it seems that it still is relaying. I see 71 queue right now, and not one of them is legitimate email for the company. A lot of them look like spam mail to an external addre...

Vista <-> Pocket PC synchronization problems
Dear all, I have various problems with Windows Mobile Device Center, but basically it refuses to identify my Qtek 9100 device as connected and consequently doesn't sync. Installed: - Windows Vista Enterprise x86 (32-bit) - WMDC Beta 3 - MS Office 2007 - have administrator rights Now here's the situation: I created a partnership and synced all data OK only the first time. After that there's a plethora of ways things can go wrong, but none right. Here's just some examples of what happens when I put Qtek 9100 in the cradle (BTW, as a storage, both internal and storage card it ...

2007 charting problems
Is anybody having these problems, and can anybody tell me how to fix them? 1. In Excel 2003, I could select a range of cells and drag them into a chart and they would be pasted as a new series into the chart. Is this feature gone in 2007? 2. When I have a rotated Y-axis label, I can click on the text and see an insert cursor, but when I start typing, only the first letter appears in the label and the rest end up in the formula bar. When I hit enter, only the new text from the formula bar shows up in the label. 1) Just Copy the range, right click the chart and use Paste 2) Do not use ...

Problem with _bstr_t
Hi! I'm working with MFC 7.0 in VC++7.0. I have trouble with destruction of some _bstr_t when working with MSXMLDOM object. Here is my code, where I think I have memory leaks. Can anybody please help! - Kjetil. CString COPGXMLDomSupport::GetAttributeValue(CString strAttributeName) { _bstr_t bstrTmp = ""; _bstr_t bstrArg1 = strAttributeName.AllocSysString(); CString strRet = ""; IXMLDOMNamedNodeMapPtr spNodeMap; IXMLDOMNodePtr spTmpNode; try { m_spSelectedNode->get_attributes(&spNodeMap); spNodeMap->getNamedItem(bstrArg1.GetBSTR(),&spTmpNod...

OWA strange problem #2
I have a general mailbox that users access using outlook 2003 (internal) and OWA (Exchange 2003) external. If the message in the inbox, the external user can open it and save the attachments with no problem. If the message is moved to a sub folder withen the inbox, then the user can't access some of the emails and some of the attachments as well. When double click on the message, we get "page can't be found. HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS)" Yet, from outlook 2003, we can access this email fine and save the attachments w...

CSocket problem #3
How can I use the same CSocket instance to Send and Receive data in different threads? I tried this but run-time error occurs. Alex wrote: > How can I use the same CSocket instance to Send and Receive data in > different threads? > I tried this but run-time error occurs. > > You can't do that. CSocket uses the message pump of the thread in which it was created. Each thread has a different message pump. The same is true for CAsyncSocket, but CAsyncSocket can send and receive concurrently using only one thread. Because it is nonblocking and message-driven you can...

problem using XmlValidatingReader on a Signature
Hi, I am creating a digital signature (enveloped) using the SignedXml class. The Reference Uri is set to "". Everything seems fine when saved to file, and the signature verifies OK if I reload the file and use CheckSignature(). Great. However, if I validate the file using a set of schemas (EML from OASIS), I get an error message from the XmlValidatingReader telling me : "The 'URI' attribute has an invalid value according to its data type" This being the URI as in : <Reference URI=""> which is generated by the SignedXml class, and is defined by t...

Printing problem #13
I have a workbook, where some of the text gets the tops chopped off. It seems to be limited to rows with bold text, which don't seem to be increasing enough in height to be printed correctly. On the screen they look fine on the worksheet. Print preview is truncated, as well as the actual printed copy. Manual resizing of the row can fix the problem, but that's a royal pain to "typeset" each page of this workbook, so that the printed copy looks correct. Excel 2003 (SP1), on Windows XP Pro (SP1), Times New Roman 12pt. font. Any suggestions? Unless this is a problem ju...

Problems downloading WMplayer11
I recently reloaded windows xp pro to my computer.When I try to download wmplayer11...after it validates my copy I am told that i cannot download w/o wmp5 which I cannot find ! On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 05:55:01 -0800, Narmer61 <Narmer61@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently reloaded windows xp pro to my computer.When I try to download >wmplayer11...after it validates my copy I am told that i cannot download w/o >wmp5 which I cannot find ! There is no media player 5, so it must say something else. Does it say internet explorer 5 ? If you're having pro...