imputed income

does anyone know how to enter imputed income on a salary stub transaction in
money 2002?  (or any version for that matter).......i know that i can
create/enter the category, but it's not showing on my M2002 tax statements.

when i compare my W2 with the amount from the M2002 account the difference
is my imputed income.  does anyone else have or know how to deal with
imputed income??????

---

kahlilj (3)
10/6/2003 3:07:10 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q35.

"KGJ" <kahlilj@email.com> wrote in message
> does anyone know how to enter imputed income on a salary stub transaction
in
> money 2002?  (or any version for that matter).......i know that i can
> create/enter the category, but it's not showing on my M2002 tax
statements.

> when i compare my W2 with the amount from the M2002 account the difference
> is my imputed income.  does anyone else have or know how to deal with
> imputed income??????

p.s., this answer mostly works the Tax Estimator. To get the reports the way
you want, be sure and set the tax reporting properties of the category you
use correctly.

message news:%233T64f7iDHA.1808@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q35.
>
> "KGJ" <kahlilj@email.com> wrote in message
> > does anyone know how to enter imputed income on a salary stub
transaction
> in
> > money 2002?  (or any version for that matter).......i know that i can
> > create/enter the category, but it's not showing on my M2002 tax
> statements.
> >
> > when i compare my W2 with the amount from the M2002 account the
difference
> > is my imputed income.  does anyone else have or know how to deal with
> > imputed income??????

thanks dick. when i tried this a few months ago, i recall attempting this
(or similar) before, but getting an incorrect resulting wages.....i'll try
again. maybe i failed to set the reporting category properly?....

message news:#8tAEm7iDHA.888@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> p.s., this answer mostly works the Tax Estimator. To get the reports the
way
> you want, be sure and set the tax reporting properties of the category you
> use correctly.
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:%233T64f7iDHA.1808@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q35.
> >
> > "KGJ" <kahlilj@email.com> wrote in message
> > > does anyone know how to enter imputed income on a salary stub
> transaction
> > in
> > > money 2002?  (or any version for that matter).......i know that i can
> > > create/enter the category, but it's not showing on my M2002 tax
> > statements.
> > >
> > > when i compare my W2 with the amount from the M2002 account the
> difference
> > > is my imputed income.  does anyone else have or know how to deal with
> > > imputed income??????

---

kahlilj (3)
10/6/2003 4:02:21 AM
dick & others,

The problem I have in setting up the imputed income to match my paycheck

stub is that the imputed income is not included with the total wages on my

regular paycheck stub. However it IS included on my annual w-2 as part

of my total wages.

My problem is how do I enter this income as part of my regular paystub entry

In Money without it being added to my total wages for that check?

Does anyone know if there is a way to do that?

Thanks,

kgj

> thanks dick. when i tried this a few months ago, i recall attempting this
> (or similar) before, but getting an incorrect resulting wages.....i'll try
> again. maybe i failed to set the reporting category properly?....
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:#8tAEm7iDHA.888@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > p.s., this answer mostly works the Tax Estimator. To get the reports the
> way
> > you want, be sure and set the tax reporting properties of the category
you
> > use correctly.
> >
> > "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> > message news:%233T64f7iDHA.1808@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > > See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q35.
> > >
> > > "KGJ" <kahlilj@email.com> wrote in message
> > transaction
> > > in
> > > statements.

> > difference
> > >

> ---

My situation is exactly the same as yours. I've described how I handle this
case in the thread. I put it in on the wages tab and take it out on the
after tax tab. It really make no never mind if the tab amounts match your
stub exactly or not. The bottom line of all of the tabs is what matters.
Yes, it is likely that the subtotals on these tabs may not match the stub.
But there's a method to the madness and what else really matters?

"MS NEWS" <kahlil.g.jackson@williams.com> wrote in message
> dick & others,
>
> The problem I have in setting up the imputed income to match my paycheck
>
> stub is that the imputed income is not included with the total wages on my
>
> regular paycheck stub. However it IS included on my annual w-2 as part
>
> of my total wages.
>
> My problem is how do I enter this income as part of my regular paystub
entry

> In Money without it being added to my total wages for that check?
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to do that?

thanks eric & dick,
the matching result is ultimately what i'm looking for.  however ideally i
would like the tabs to match those in my paystub as well.
(i have my ms money tabs setup to match those on my paystub.), but it seems
that money won't allow this.  oh well.... guess i'll have to settle
for this workaround.

thanks again.
kgj

"Eric Stearns" <nobody291@comcast.net> wrote in message
> This may not be the slickest way of accounting for
> imputed income, but was the only way I could figure out
> how to do it and keep the tax estimator accurate.
>
> 1. I created an income category called "imputed income."
> I set this category's tax properties so that it is
> included as part of my W2 wages.
> 2. I created an expense category called "imputed income
> offset" so that the paycheck total would be correct.
> 3. I removed these categories from the budget so they
> don't screw things up there (the only place you'll see
> them is in the greyed out "other income" and "other
> expense" section on the monthly budget report.
>
> It's worked for me so far.
>
> -Eric

incoming email rules
is there a way to setup a rule that will place any incoming emails into a folder if the senders email address is not in one of my address books? Please respond to bh@vail.net. Thanks ...

Archive all incoming and outgoing internet mail
We need to capture a full copy (including attachments) of all mail sent to external parties and received from external parties. We don't really want to journal every message in every store to accomplish this. We have multiple Exchange servers and multiple storage groups but all email enters and leaves via a single smarthost. Any suggestions gratefully received. -- Cheers, Peter On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:01:06 -0800, "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We need to capture a full copy (including attachments) of all mail sent to >external parties and re...

How can I stop Outlook downloading fonts from incoming messages and use only those installed?
When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are already installed. Peter <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote: > When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed > it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off > this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are > already installed. You don't state your version of Outlook, but with Out...

Log of incoming emails
Does Outlook 2007 keep a log of all incoming emails. I have a dispute with someone who claims to have sent me an email which I did not receive and I would like to prove that it was not received by me or my email service providers. If such a log is not kept, is there any other way I can show that the mail was not received by me? I suspect the the mail was never sent. JP No, Outlook does not keep any logs like that. Maybe the mail servers involved can reveal anything but that probably won't be a fun process. While there are all sorts of ways to fake this, the Sent Items folder ...

Duplicated incoming mails
Hello, I receive duplicated emails in my inbox. Lots of the mails I receive have identical copies, although there is a difference: one them is in plain text format the other one is in html. I am using Outlook and the Exchange server is 2000. Does anyone know what the reason is for this and what setting can stop this? I searched the knowledge base but have not found anything. Same thing, Do you have SP1 & SP2? >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I receive duplicated emails in my inbox. Lots of the >mails I receive have identical copies, although there is >...

Multiple incoming emails
Why do I get mulitples in incoming emails (5)? I've check under accounts, and only have one active. Just started 2 days ago. "momof2" <momof2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BF8AB8-2620-48C8-9A30-7D750BF7A17B@microsoft.com... > Why do I get mulitples in incoming emails (5)? I've check under accounts, > and > only have one active. Just started 2 days ago. See if something here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Income and Expense Report
I need help understanding this report. I am assuming it should take into consideration the starting balance of the account for a particular month but when I look at it, it shows that my expenses are always more than my income and leaves me with a red balance even though my account are balanced from download and all with a plus balance. It this OK? Do I need to chance something? ...

incoming mail format
hi, i want to set all my incoming mails to rich-text format (because i want to edit incoming mails but i mustn't used right-click&edit. i have to edit my incoming mails directly ). i can set the mails that i sent but i want to set incoming mails. thanks for your help. my e-mail: kul_omer@yahoo.com Message format is determined by the sender, not the recipient. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "�mer KUL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1cbfc01c452c1$b681c460$a001280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > i want to set all my incoming mails to rich-te...

Text encoding of incoming mail
Hi, I live in Turkey. I am using XP Pro (English version) with Turkish regional settings. My mail client is Outlook 2003. When I read some mails in the preview pane special turkish characters are not readable. Instead of the right characters there are odd characters. In Outlook 2003 all available font settings are selected as "turkish" but I could'n find any cure for this problem. Now I have discovered another interesting point about this problem. If I drag the message from Outlook to the desktop and then open the message by double-clicking, all characters are normal and r...

Forward all incoming mail to an internet address
Is it possible with outlook 2002 exchange 2000 to forward all incoming mail to an internet address, whilst at the same time modifying the subject and from address. Our network allows mail out to the internet if 2 criteria are met. 1. the from address contains the email address of the internet mailbox, which is different to the regular address. 2. The subject line begins with "Internet-Authorised:" I have tried the basic out of office assistant, which can forward mail, but doesn't seem to be able to modify the subject line, or input a from address. You would have to do th...

Income & Expenses Report
I am confused by the Transfers at the end of the Income & Expenses report. It seems to double count on the bottom line. If I purchase $1000 in stock from my savings, the transfer shows a -$1000 (negative because I have taken $1000 out of my cash and transfered it to an investment). If I sell that stock for $1500. My report shows $500 capital gain in income, and a positive tranfers of $1500 (positive because I have transfered the money back into my cash). However these are added and thus shows a positive $2000 on the bottom line. It doubled the bottom line impact of the capital...

Outlook diabling links in my incomming messages
All of the sudden, Outlook is disabling links in all incoming E-Mail messages. I do get a notice at the top of the screen that "links are disabled, click here to enable (not recommended)", I can click there and it re-enables them. But I want links fully enabled by default at all times, like it was until last week (when I think I installed an Office patch or service pack from Microsoft Update). Does anyone know either where the settings are to fully enable links, or the manual registry patch that I would need to make? [I've already installed one to allow .exe and other ...

Incoming email immediately deleted
Hi, E2K SP3 Outlook 2003 Incoming emails for only one user disappear from the inbox after a few seconds. It is probably more of a Outlook problem as it doesn't happen unless Outlook is running - doesn't matter on what workstation. Rules are turned off but none delete emails anyway. What is the fix? Thanks, Peter 99% probability that the user either has a rule set up to move/delete the mail or a SPAM filter working (built-in or 3rd party like Qurb)... -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Peter Kaufman" <peterkhub-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:hjm5h1hakod3tl8s8tpt...

Automatically Change Font Size in Incoming E-mail?
Is there a way to change the font size automatically to a larger font for incoming e-mails? (have one that prints in tiny sized font every time...) You could choose the option to read all mail as plain text, and then specify the desired plain text font and size. As far as I know, this is the only way to have control over the appearance of text in Outlook (but one of the Outlook experts may prove me wrong on this one). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "T-rex915" <T-rex915@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DFD66...

Linking income to a specific budget category
I rent a house with three roommates and am responsible for paying the utility bills. For each bill, I pay the full amount from my own checking account but then receive 75% of it back from the other three roommates. How can I accurately track these transactions, so my budget reflects that I'm really only paying $25 for the electricity bill, and not the full $100? FAQ. Create a bank/cash account called 'money owed me'. On the account details page, check the box that makes it a 'budget' account. Pay the utility bills from your checking account, categorized as split....

IMAP accounts sync. duplicate headers
Set up WLM with pop3 and IMAP accounts. pop3 accts. OK... IMAP accts. retrieve duplicate headers of same e-mail. What mail service are you using? If Gmail, you'll want to right click on the All Mail folder under the Gmail account in WLM and select Properties, Synchronization and select not to synch that folder. It's a duplicate of all the other folders -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Mike J" <Mike J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F708D95-2B21-4D50-9240-F57642D534AD@microsoft.com... > Set up WLM with pop3 and IMAP...

IRA Income
In Money 2007 -- How is one to make an IRA withdrawl appear as income? The monies are done by transfer from IRA cash account to checking. They just appear as a transfer of funds with no impact on income. You can either do it as two separate transaction (withdrawal, with no category?) and deposit (with an income category). Or you can split the transfer transaction, add a second income category to the transaction, and ignore Money's complaint. -- Michael Gordon "Randy" <nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OcQyGeLUHHA.4404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > In...

incoming msgs broken up into attachments
I have outlook 2003. Recently some of the emails I receive from co-workers using Mac Mail come broken into multiple attachments. The body area of the email is blank. Even the auto signature comes as an attachment. Some attachments are .txt and are blank. This is a real hassle!! ...

How do I set auto reply to incoming emails to both my name and ema
My Outlook Express auto reply via rules and alerts will only reply to emails addressed to my email address and not those addressed to me. I'm using Microsoft Office 2003. How do I get it to reply to both? Emmaob wrote: > My Outlook Express auto reply via rules and alerts will only reply to emails > addressed to my email address and not those addressed to me. > > I'm using Microsoft Office 2003. How do I get it to reply to both? "My Outlook Express" "Outlook 2003" So which e-mail client are you really asking about? This newsgr...

Text being stripped from incoming mail
We are on exch 2k3 with one front end server and 4 back ends. When we rx mail from one domain that is 5.5 all the text is being stripped from the email. What is really strange, if they turn on delivery receipts, they get the receipt with their original email attached and it has all the text inside the attachment. This is the only domain we have a problem with. Also, there is another 5.5 domain out there whose mail is routed thru the other 5.5 org and we get their mail no problem. Any ideas??? jaymac <jaymac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are on exch 2k3 with one front e...

Income/exenses will not transfer to taxable items
I upgraded from 2003 Standard to 2004 Deluxe last year. Income and expenses, since upgrade, will not transfer to taxable items account. Therefor exporting to a tax program is worthless. I've followed there instructions to the T. Nothing works. Any suggestions? What is a taxable items account? "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014c01c3d892$234e8880$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I upgraded from 2003 Standard to 2004 Deluxe last year. > Income and expenses, since upgrade, will not transfer to > taxable items account. Therefor exporting to...

change the size of Font for reading incoming mail
hi, buddies. I'd like to change the Font with incoming email in my outlook2003. my operation is in the following. click options on the Tools menu, and then click Mail Setup tab, click Fonts. So I change the Font in this items:"When composing and reading plain text" but I can't find the font to take any change when I read incoming email. What my question is how I can change the Font size in the incoming email. thanks is the incoming mail plain text and the change isn't working or is the incoming mail html? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Income from Tax deferred Retirement account (Canadian RIFF)
I am using MONEY06. I have set up a Retirment account using IRA (actually for a canadian Retirement income fund-RIFF). And within the account I have purchased a CD with annual interest payment. The IRA Retirement account correctly categorizes the interst income as "TAX-DEFERRED INCOME". Question: When I start to withdraw from the retirement account, any amount withdrawn will be deemed to be taxable pension income. What do I need to do in registering such withdrawals so that I can see them as an income in an income report. I tried redeeming a portion of the CD, and trans...

Outlook 2000 doesn't wrap incoming quoted mail anymore
For some strange reason Outlook 2000 is showing my *quoted* incoming mail, in both Preview and Normal views, as unwrapped. I haven't done anything different except install W2K Pro Service Pack 4 recently (I was using SP3). Would that have caused it? Here's an example of what my incoming quoted e-mails look like now: > > Make sure to read the updated docs -- some things have changed. > > First priority is to check the "copy path" function and tell me > if it still crashes. > > Thanks! :) > > __________________________________ > Do you Yahoo...