John Kane

0
jkane1 (1)
4/29/2005 4:54:48 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

On 2005-04-29, jkane@ida.org <jkane@ida.org> wrote:
> One of the financial institutions that I deal with provides
> downloads only in QFX format, not OFX. Is there anyway to import
> QFX into Money 2005 Standard?

I don't know the answer to this question, but this guy seems to
think that it doesn't really matter.  According to him, QFX is OFX
with Quicken extensions.  I don't know whether Money will choke on
those extensions or ignore them.

Make a backup, then try.
0
mark5832 (444)
4/29/2005 5:13:17 PM
On 2005-04-29, Mark Horn <mark@hornclan.com> wrote:
> Make a backup, then try.

....which would imply simply renaming the .qfx file to .ofx and then
importing it.
0
mark5832 (444)
4/29/2005 5:13:56 PM
On 2005-04-29, Mark Horn <mark@hornclan.com> wrote:
> I don't know the answer to this question, but this guy seems to
> think that it doesn't really matter.

Whoops!  Forgot to include the URL:

http://www.beiley.com/fundman/wwwboard/messages/7396.html
0
mark5832 (444)
4/29/2005 5:14:37 PM
Apologies for the multiple replies to my own posting!!!

On 2005-04-29, Mark Horn <mark@hornclan.com> wrote:
> According to him, QFX is OFX
> with Quicken extensions.

Holy crap!  Inuit are real bas... well they're not nice people:

	http://davemoore.org/blog/archives/2005/01/intuit_is_costi.html

And before I get accused of just believing a blogger, I downloaded the QFX
and OFX files from my bank.  The only thing different between them was the
QFX had the following tag: <INTU.BID>####

Doing a google search on this tag found this experiment:

	http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=47268&cid=4845627

So, to the orignal poster, if what I found is correct (that INTU.BID
is the only difference between OFX & QFX), and if Money chokes
on importing a QFX file renamed with an OFX extension, then I'd
think you could easily just delete the INTU.BID tag from the QFX
and happily import it into Money.

0
mark5832 (444)

Writing the DBF file
Hello, All! I have a trouble with writing a database to a file. Here's my code: // Write the file structure SDBFHeader dbfHdr; dbfHdr.nVersion = 0x03; strcpy(dbfHdr.cLastUpdate, _T("3A6")); dbfHdr.nNumOfRecs = m_ctrlList.GetItemCount(); dbfHdr.nNumOfBytesInHdr = 32 + (3 * 32) + 1; dbfHdr.nNumOfBytesInRec = m_nFieldsLength[0] + m_nFieldsLength[1] + m_nFieldsLength[2] + 1; dbfHdr.nReserved1 = 0x00; dbfHdr.nIncmpltTrans = 0x00; dbfHdr.nEncrypt = 0x00; strcpy(dbfHdr.cMultiUser, _T("")); dbfHdr.nIndex = 0x00; dbfHdr.nLangID = 0x00; dbfHdr.nReserve...

Installation Error: File not Found
I am trying to Detect and Repair a synchronization problem with my Palm Centro and Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Outlook. I am receiving the following: "A required installation file SKU011.CAB could not be found" I browse to the original Installation Source as required and select the actual file itself, and receive the following error message: " Error 25091. Setup failed to change the source." with options of retry and cancel beneath. I have attempted this numerous times, and to no avail. Can you help??? Courtesy of Mary Sauer MS MVP <...

Macro to open all files in one particular directory
Hi, I would like to be able to have a macro that would automatically open ALL the files in one particular directory. Say I have various directories, each with 10 files of different names: (the number of files in each directory can vary) C:\temp\200410\ C:\temp\200411\ C:\temp\200412\ In my file named OPENFILES.xls, in cell A1 of sheet1, I would like to input the directory name (say 200411), and then run a macro that would open each file of that particular directory, regardless of their name. I tried to record a macro, but it listed the individual files to open,. The problem is that the n...

Pocket PC two files???
I have a file which contains my personal accounts and such. I also have a file that contains the accounts for my grandparents. Is there a way to sync both files onto my Pocket PC using Money 2004 ? It would be nice to switch between each account. Jay Jay, From the Money for Pocket PC Readme: "To change the deskop Money file that you are synchronizing with, you must select the new file from the Money synchronization Settings screen found in ActiveSync Options on your desktop PC. Simply opening a new Money file on your desktop PC will not alter which file your Pocket PC synchronize...

Why does Excel hang up when trying to open files?
I have Office 2003 with Excel 2003 installed. When I try to open files from the peer-to-peer network, the program hangs up and will not go any further. At that point I have to shut it down. I can access the network with other programs including Word so I know it's not the network. Anybody have any ideas? ...

How to open .msg files
I got this problem where I got .msg files. I know it was in Outlook but I cant put it back in there. Does anyone know how to put a folder back into Outlook. Or how to open them without? Because I need my E-mails and I somehow cant open them. Thank You ...

Compact Money file
I want to remove some information in my Money 2003 data file. This is about half of all data in the file. I can delete the information inside Money. But, the size of the Money data file remains the same. Looks like Money does not physically remove the deleted data from the file. Is there any way to "compact" the data file to remove deleted data physically as in Access database? In microsoft.public.money, Cheung wrote: >I want to remove some information in my Money 2003 data >file. This is about half of all data in the file. I can >delete the information inside Money...

attaching a file to the note-cant get this working

Invalid file path
Trying to restore Moeny 2000 from a backup on Floppy has been a nightmare. I get "invalid file path" warnings and it will not restore. Is there anyway i can determine the correct file path to get my records to restore? thanks In microsoft.public.money, Greycats2 wrote: >Trying to restore Moeny 2000 from a backup on Floppy has >been a nightmare. I get "invalid file path" warnings and >it will not restore. Is there anyway i can determine the >correct file path to get my records to restore? Rather than restore to the "default' location, Browse to ...

Stealing File Associations
Hi, I'm writing an application and I want to ensure that all mp3 files are opened by my application, when double clicked from Explorer. The RegisterShellFileTypes function call seems to register/associate file types only when i create a new extension. Existing associations are not overwritten by this function call. As in any PC, mp3 files are always registered to some media player. How can I steal the file association similar to what Winamp does? Is there a direct function call or should I modify registry directly? Thanks, Mugunth "Mugunth" <mugunth.kumar@gmail.com> wrot...

How to make one CSV file from two Excel sheets?
I have a huge database with about 400 columns. They are divided into two sheets - due to Excel limitation 256 columns in one sheet. I need to make one CSV file from these both sheets. The last column of first sheet should be followed by the first column of the second sheet. Is there any way how to do it directly from Excel? Or do you know any simple utility that can put together two CSV files exported from Excel? Thanks for any help Marek L. That sort of stiching can only be done using a hex editor. (And not all hex editors are created equal.) I did a quick search on the web and ther...

Getting text file into excell
Hello. I have text files which are loaded to excell. The text files are always of the same format. I want to load the file, but always I need to mark the positions of the current loaded file. How can I load the file always in a fixed format (can I do a templette for that ?) Thanks :) Mr. J. wrote: > I have text files which are loaded to excell. > The text files are always of the same format. > > I want to load the file, but always I need to mark the positions of > the current loaded file. > > How can I load the file always in a fixed format (can I do a > templett...

How do I repeat same page template in a file?
I would like to set up a file with multipages and use the same template in each page. Is there a way to insert a template after a page break? If a better way to do this, I am open to suggestions. I have to give a record of charity donations to each person for the year. I would like to do print once and have the file print a page for each with their info. I have to set up a header, etc. to identify the org and dates, amounts, etc. To repeat this template after each page break would be very helpful. Thanks Rex Hi Rex! I would recommend that you use Word to print the documents, using data ...

Apply this important package
--absdhktasofajj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pxswahlywwga"; type="multipart/alternative" --pxswahlywwga Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="eeorlpvonolalfvnq" --eeorlpvonolalfvnq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install...

attach a file to a subform
Hi, I would like to add a button (outside of the subform) or a double click on text box (inside a subform) to add an attachement (pdf, word, excel). I was told i can use the OLE Object, but I could make it work. thanks in advance -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 I meant I could not make it work ielmrani wrote: >Hi, >I would like to add a button (outside of the subform) or a double click on >text box (inside a subform) to add an attachement (pdf, word, excel). I was >told i can use the OLE Object, but...

How to See to which file MEM_MAPPED
Hello all, When you use WinDbg for standard PC, you can use !address and then you can see to which file a MEM_MAPPED memory page from VirtualMemory is related QUESTION: Is it also possible for windows ce ? Can I see under Windows CE (5) to which file the MEM_MAPPED Page or region is related? Thank you ...

Import Data into Visio
Visio Newbie I am going thru a process of design and documentation of a SQL database. We have used Excel to define the design for each of the tables. The Excel includes the descriptions and default values. I would like to import (from Excel) this range of data. This will represent the table layouts/design for the SQL database table. The range I would like to import has a minimum of two columns of data. The one is the column name and the other is the datatype. Can I import this kind of data into a Visio object (UML Package maybe)? I would like to use this Visio Object illustrate ...

share file system with Network Appliance
I have an NFS mount on a network appliance server and I wanted to make it visible to my windows server 2003. Any hints. Thanks. Install the Microsoft Services for NFS which is part of the "Other file and network Services" Windows component. Alternately, you could also present the mount as SMB from the filer. Watch out for your standard case sensitivity and file name difference issues. -- David Thomas Hodan "rvaede" wrote: > > I have an NFS mount on a network appliance server and I wanted to > make it visible to my windows se...

overwritten file
I have a client that overwrote an excel sheet. He did not have autorecovery on. Is there any way to recover this document? Sorry, no. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "mark" <mark@mwts.cc> wrote in message news:4c7501c356ae$89ae8500$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a client that overwrote an excel sheet. He did not > have autorecovery on. Is there any way to recover this > document? Backup file is pretty much his only option if one exists. Has he perhaps sent the file anywhere else that he can get a copy back from, or if so he could possibly still have a ...

Link update window opens on opening a linked Excel file
I have recently transferred my Office 97 applications to a new computer running under XP. Since the transfer, whenever I open a file which has links to another file, a window opens saying:"The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Do you want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook? To update all linked information, click Yes. To keep the existing information, click No." The Automatic link update radio button accessed via Edit/Links is set (and the Manual radio button is greyed out). I have removed and then ...

Watch that important update from MS
--xflbwxeum Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="edcyayzhmxwehhm"; type="multipart/alternative" --edcyayzhmxwehhm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zqoktpxnciql" --zqoktpxnciql Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2009, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerabil...

Cannot create file error. Cannot open or save tif files...please h
Error I an receiving when trying to open a tif file as follows: Cannot create file:Remittance_advice.tif.right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder I am using windows vista and office 2007 outlook I cannot open or save a tif file. I can open all other file attachments. I can forward to another pc in my office and they can open. they can rename the tif and resend to me and I can open. original name is remittance_advice.tif and renamed is remittance_advice1.tif. this just start...

After windows update, .jpg coming through as .dat files?
Using Vista Office 2007 and did som recent updates. Now when i send emails with pictures from my computer, they are coming through as .dat files? I go to my webmail and that's how they are being received from my webmail provider. Called them and they're not aware of any fixes or if it's related to Microsoft updates. Any suggestions? You are using RTF message format. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/alwaysrtf.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

No .edb files
I've installed a new exchange environment and with Exchange 2007 Beta 2. It creates the First and Second Storage groups but no database (edb) files associated with them; thus no database to mount. What am I missing? Don't have 2007 experience but from 2003 experience I can say... if the store was never mounted, there won't be any edb files. they will be created the first time you mount the store. Also, store may not mount immeidately after creation if your AD environment is complex and replication takes longer. I created ~12 stores yesterday so I know for the fact that ...

Multi CSV file import
I have about 200 csv files that I would like to import into excel. After figuring out that I can only import 1 file at a time, I am trying to seek a solution to this time consuming problem. Is there an easy way to import them all at one time, (all the same layout). Is there a way to merge them all and import them, or any other solution? Jeff --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If the files are in the same folder, I'd use an old DOS command: Shell to DOS (command prompt): Traverse to the folder that holds all the *.csv's copy *.csv all.txt If you want you can re...