Importing Money 2001 files

backed up 2001 files in order to reinstall XP and clean
up my harddrive.  Reinstalled Money 2001.  Went to import
old files...no luck.  Went to open old files, it prompts
me for a password as it did before.  I put in my password
I used 100's of times and it does not recognize it.  When
I hover over the backup files, it shows to be 4.37MB as
it did before the backup.  MS no longer support 2001, so
trying this out.  Thanks for your help
0
anonymous (74740)
5/8/2004 5:09:44 AM
money 28651 articles. 0 followers. Follow

First, let's make sure we have the correct terminology. You don't want to
"Import" the files. You want to Open them if the are .MNY Money data files
and Restore them if they are .MBF Money backup files.

Are you sure you were using Money 2001 before? These cases are frequently a
result of reloading an older version than the file was actually last used
with. The password prompt is Money's attempt to tell you that files are not
backward compatible.

You say the backup file is 4.37MB. What about the .MNY file???

"Randall" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> backed up 2001 files in order to reinstall XP and clean
> up my harddrive.  Reinstalled Money 2001.  Went to import
> old files...no luck.  Went to open old files, it prompts
> me for a password as it did before.  I put in my password
> I used 100's of times and it does not recognize it.  When
> I hover over the backup files, it shows to be 4.37MB as
> it did before the backup.  MS no longer support 2001, so
> trying this out.  Thanks for your help

I only have Money 2001.  I reloaded it and then when I
try to restore the backup file it prompts me for a
password which I would expect since I had a password on
it before.  I put in the password I have used before and
it does not recognize it.

0
anonymous (74740)
5/8/2004 2:32:02 PM
I don't have any other thoughts. Do you have any other copies/backups?

> I only have Money 2001.  I reloaded it and then when I
> try to restore the backup file it prompts me for a
> password which I would expect since I had a password on
> it before.  I put in the password I have used before and
> it does not recognize it.

One other thought: you could download the M04 trial version and see what it
does with your backup file. If it opens and upgrades the file successfully,
please report back what it renamed the saved pre-upgrade file to--i.e., what
extension--e.g., .m09, .m10, .m11 ...

message news:ezzlbiTNEHA.2844@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I only have Money 2001.  I reloaded it and then when I
>try to restore the backup file it prompts me for a
>password which I would expect since I had a password on
>it before.  I put in the password I have used before and
>it does not recognize it.

What you may want to consider is to make a copy of your Money 2001
file, and install the Money 2004 trial. See if that can read the
problem file.

0
via_newsgroup (13119)

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

excel 97 xml import

New Money File Error on Windows XP
I'm using the MS Money 2002 on Windows XP Pro (I've upgraded XP from Windows 2000). But when I starting new file, Money 2002 is crashed. Working with previous files are good, but new file working is failed always. Is it error on Windows XP? Have you tried re-installing M2002? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Kim Heui Jung" <neospix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORcUKtP0DHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm using...

Bug in Money 2004 thru 2007
If you buy 2 lots of a mutual fund and then sell or transfer some of the shares (quantity greater than the original number of shares purchased in the first lot), the cost basis is incorrect. I demonstrated this to Microsoft and they agreed the results are wrong but they say "that is the way the program is designed", it is not a bug. To prove the bug for yourself, perform the following transactions. In investment account #1 6/1/2004 buy 422.9 shares of mutual fund FMIMX at a price of 19.00 and no commissions 2/1/2005 buy 795 shares of mutual fund FMIMX at a price of 22.00 and no ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Money Password #8
Hello All, The way I understand automatic schedule updates/downloads that it is only available when using MS passport. If so, is there anyway to get around without using MS passport and still receive scheduled automatic updates and downloads? Thanks Dave "Dave" <scialabba2@comcast.net> wrote in message news:69dno1h42mb81ej8gg5jfqbgrqf48154ic@4ax.com... > > The way I understand automatic schedule updates/downloads that it is > only available when using MS passport. If so, is there anyway to get > around without using MS passport and still receive scheduled autom...

Importing a CSV file

Money 2003 Delux
The 'TOTAL' appearing on the Transaction Entry form is not reflect the propoer sum. The following "Total" details were calculated as follows: 4,300.00 2,125.00 5,523.98 4,980.29 7,067.52 35.27 1,750.10 36.38 45.60 2,489.85 5,227.35 1,641.95 4,399.92 Total should be 39,623.18 but is only reflecting an Account Total of 39,180.44 for that Account representing a difference of 442.74. It seems that the Total column is being calculated properly which is probably affecting al of my accounts thereby not providing me with the accurate information for control and anal...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Back up file function no longer works
Although we have previously had no problem with running a backup of our Money 2002 file on file close, we now get an error message saying that "The operation cannot be performed." The filename is the same it always was. Any ideas? ...

File Size
Please note that this is not your typical file size question. I have a macro-enabled Excel 2007 file that varies in size from 15-100Mb depending on how much data I populate it with. Every day, in order to email this file out, I alter it by doing the following: Select all tabs (11 in all). Select all cells Copy/Paste Values Delete 5 of the tabs Save as a new Excel Workbook (not macro enabled) The new file size is now roughly 600Kb. However, all of a sudden, the changed file is about 2Mb. I made sure to delete all the excess rows/columns. I deleted the one macro that I h...

importing email

import pdf table

log files in folder MDBDATA
is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? fanman36 wrote: > is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? This files will be deleted automatically after performing a full backup with NTBackup. They are used for recovery. -- Dana http://www.woodcontour.com Solid wood and stone PC Peripherals On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:15:01 -0700, "fanman36" <fanman36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? No, you should not manually delete those files. Use an Exchange awar...

How canI view excel files on the taskbar?
When I open 2 or more excel files I used to be able to view their names on the taskbar and click on the one I wanted to be in. Now I can only do this from Windows> and then by choosing the respective file. This is very cumbersome. Help! To turn on Single Document Interface (SDI) in Microsoft Office 2003 applications Tools|Options|View and check "Windows in Taskbar". In either case there is only one instance application's executable running. Task Manager|Processes will confirm this. -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsof...

money upgrade question ?
Hello, I recently received an e-mail from my bank stating that they will no longer be supporting MS Money 2000. I have enjoyed the use of this program, however do NOT wish to lose any financial information I have saved. When I upgrade ... 1. Do I delete the OLD Money program first ? Saving my *.mny file for upgrade purposes. 2. Do I leave the program installed and let the new money over-right the old program ? thanks for your help, Jason You can either: 1) uninstall the old program and then install the new money program 2) simply install the new program and it will over-write the old ...