IE8

Any one running money plus with the new IE8 installed. Any Problems? Saw
where  some are running it without problems with windows 7, but the browser
in it is not the same as the just released one I am told.

Jim

0
jamesone (26)
3/22/2009 10:08:20 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I installed IE8 RTW on the machine I run M+ Deluxe on this past Friday. So
far so good, but I have not comprehensively tested Money.

James Johnson wrote:
> Any one running money plus with the new IE8 installed. Any Problems? Saw
> where  some are running it without problems with windows 7, but the
> browser in it is not the same as the just released one I am told.
>
> Jim

I just installed IE8 on Windows Vista SP1, which shipped with IE7.

Money Plus Deluxe seems to work fine so far.

Before attempting to run Money Plus, I installed IE8, rebooted, ran IE8
once to go through the welcome dialogs, rebooted again, and went to
http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/finder/customstocks.asp to make
sure the Investment Toolbox (provides advanced charts when clicking the
chart links in the portfolio in Money Plus) was installed and working
correctly.

Printing seems to be improved:  I used to have to print Monthly Reports
to the Office Document Image Writer with a custom paper size of 16.5 x
12.75, and then print the resulting images as 11 x 8.5.  Now it works.

I used to keep a custom portfolio view with fewer/narrower columns just
for printing, as the above method didn't produce satisfactory results.
Now it works.

One problem I've had from the beginning with Money Plus is that it will
often crash when opening links from the "Headlines from MSN Money"
section of the Home page.  As this section of the Home page is empty for
the weekend, I can't test to see if this problem has gotten better or
worse with IE8.

--
Scott Tyler
agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com

"Scott Tyler" <agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
> James Johnson wrote:
>> Any one running money plus with the new IE8 installed. Any Problems? Saw
>> where  some are running it without problems with windows 7, but the
>> browser in it is not the same as the just released one I am told.
>>
>> Jim
>
> I just installed IE8 on Windows Vista SP1, which shipped with IE7.
>
> Money Plus Deluxe seems to work fine so far.
>
> Before attempting to run Money Plus, I installed IE8, rebooted, ran IE8
> once to go through the welcome dialogs, rebooted again, and went to
> http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/finder/customstocks.asp to make sure
> the Investment Toolbox (provides advanced charts when clicking the chart
> links in the portfolio in Money Plus) was installed and working correctly.
>
> Printing seems to be improved:  I used to have to print Monthly Reports to
> the Office Document Image Writer with a custom paper size of 16.5 x 12.75,
> and then print the resulting images as 11 x 8.5.  Now it works.
>
> I used to keep a custom portfolio view with fewer/narrower columns just
> for printing, as the above method didn't produce satisfactory results. Now
> it works.
>
> One problem I've had from the beginning with Money Plus is that it will
> often crash when opening links from the "Headlines from MSN Money" section
> of the Home page.  As this section of the Home page is empty for the
> weekend, I can't test to see if this problem has gotten better or worse
> with IE8.
>
> --
> Scott Tyler
> agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com

0
nospam7515 (2084)
3/23/2009 3:24:51 AM
"Kevin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> James:
> Running IE8, WinXP SP3 with Money Plus
> No problems
> Before you install IE8, make sure to check out the IE newsgroups...there
> are problems running IE8 with Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster and IESpyAd.
> -Kevin
>
> "Scott Tyler" <agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
>> James Johnson wrote:
>>> Any one running money plus with the new IE8 installed. Any Problems? Saw
>>> where  some are running it without problems with windows 7, but the
>>> browser in it is not the same as the just released one I am told.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>
>> I just installed IE8 on Windows Vista SP1, which shipped with IE7.
>>
>> Money Plus Deluxe seems to work fine so far.
>>
>> Before attempting to run Money Plus, I installed IE8, rebooted, ran IE8
>> once to go through the welcome dialogs, rebooted again, and went to
>> http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/finder/customstocks.asp to make sure
>> the Investment Toolbox (provides advanced charts when clicking the chart
>> links in the portfolio in Money Plus) was installed and working
>> correctly.
>>
>> Printing seems to be improved:  I used to have to print Monthly Reports
>> to the Office Document Image Writer with a custom paper size of 16.5 x
>> 12.75, and then print the resulting images as 11 x 8.5.  Now it works.
>>
>> I used to keep a custom portfolio view with fewer/narrower columns just
>> for printing, as the above method didn't produce satisfactory results.
>> Now it works.
>>
>> One problem I've had from the beginning with Money Plus is that it will
>> often crash when opening links from the "Headlines from MSN Money"
>> section of the Home page.  As this section of the Home page is empty for
>> the weekend, I can't test to see if this problem has gotten better or
>> worse with IE8.
>>
>> --
>> Scott Tyler
>> agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com

Thanks to all - installed IE8 and everythings seems fine. Haven't
experienced any problems so far. Thanks again

Jim

0
jamesone (26)
3/23/2009 10:05:28 AM
James Johnson wrote:
> Any one running money plus with the new IE8 installed. Any Problems? Saw
> where  some are running it without problems with windows 7, but the
> browser in it is not the same as the just released one I am told.
>
> Jim

There's a post in the MoneyCentral newsgroup that IE8 Final broke
invoice printing in Money Home and Small Business:

--

chill wrote:
 > Friday I upgraded to IE8 final. And Money Home and Small Business
*stopped*
 > being able to print invoices either to the printer or to PDF.
 >
 > Tech support says they've had several reports of this over the
weekend and
 > they have NO solution other than uninstalling IE8 final.
 >
 > Money had been working fine with IE8 release candidate 1.
 >
 > I was told to do a system restore, and when I did my system fell into an
 > infinite loop of hanging up on the restore. It would not get past
step 3 of
 > the restore. It took 4 hours out of my day to fix this.
 >
 > Has anyone had success with Money Small Biz and IE8 final?

0
Scott
3/23/2009 10:07:09 PM
I tried installing IE8 twice and it failed.  Was running Spybot's Tea
Timer.  Not sure if it was during the failed IE8 install or not, but
it asked me to allow or deny a registry change and I answered wrong.
The result was that Windows XP no longer recognized .exe as a valid
file extension!!!  AFter 3 hours and no luck with MS support to fix
the problem, and after reloading windows to the computer delivered
state and spending hours getting most things up to date and running I
am NOT running Tea Timer anymore.

I have purchased a new Vista machine with Money now installed there,
but will await some more posts here before upgrading to IE8.

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 23:24:51 -0400, "Kevin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>James:
>Running IE8, WinXP SP3 with Money Plus
>No problems
>Before you install IE8, make sure to check out the IE newsgroups...there are
>problems running IE8 with Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster and IESpyAd.
>-Kevin
>
>"Scott Tyler" <agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
>> James Johnson wrote:
>>> Any one running money plus with the new IE8 installed. Any Problems? Saw
>>> where  some are running it without problems with windows 7, but the
>>> browser in it is not the same as the just released one I am told.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>
>> I just installed IE8 on Windows Vista SP1, which shipped with IE7.
>>
>> Money Plus Deluxe seems to work fine so far.
>>
>> Before attempting to run Money Plus, I installed IE8, rebooted, ran IE8
>> once to go through the welcome dialogs, rebooted again, and went to
>> http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/finder/customstocks.asp to make sure
>> the Investment Toolbox (provides advanced charts when clicking the chart
>> links in the portfolio in Money Plus) was installed and working correctly.
>>
>> Printing seems to be improved:  I used to have to print Monthly Reports to
>> the Office Document Image Writer with a custom paper size of 16.5 x 12.75,
>> and then print the resulting images as 11 x 8.5.  Now it works.
>>
>> I used to keep a custom portfolio view with fewer/narrower columns just
>> for printing, as the above method didn't produce satisfactory results. Now
>> it works.
>>
>> One problem I've had from the beginning with Money Plus is that it will
>> often crash when opening links from the "Headlines from MSN Money" section
>> of the Home page.  As this section of the Home page is empty for the
>> weekend, I can't test to see if this problem has gotten better or worse
>> with IE8.
>>
>> --
>> Scott Tyler
>> agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com

IE8 Developer
Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool coming soon? Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer features are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox. --MJ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

Excel spreadsheet opening in IE8 instead of Excel 2003
I have an excel spreadsheet on the network but opened through Sharepoint Small Business Server 2003. All the PCs on the network correctly open the XLS file in Excel 2003 except for this one particular PC that insists on opening it in IE8. This has happened before but after a few days solved itself - so we never got to the bottom of it. I have confirmed that XLS files are associated with Excel but it is still happening Anybody any thoughts. Thanks BJ I've never used any version of SharePoint, but this is what I'd try. (I use WinXP, so it may be different for the...

running Flash using IE8 on x64 system
I'm about to do a clean install of my system (Dell Precision T5400 64-bit system with 2 300GB drives setup in a RAID 1 mirror and 8GB of memory). I will running XP Pro x64 Edition with Service Pack 2. By default, IE6 or IE7 will be installed after I finish re-installing my system. I am going to immediately get all the windows updates, which will install IE8 on my system. Does the windows update install both the x32 (Program Files x86 directory) and x64 (Program Files directory) version of IE8? If that is correct, then I can just create a shortcut to IE8 in the Program...

IE8 or IE8 provided by Yahoo?
I have ATT DSL and have been using IE8 since it was available. Recently I had to uninstall/reinstall it and SP3 for a problem and when I reinstalled Explorer I used "IE8 provided by Yahoo" After making my default browser IE I noticed that it is still provided by Yahoo. I think it is a little less stable, or slower maybe, but I don't want to remove it and install IE8 just on a whim. It was not fun. Does anyone know what the diffierence in their operations are, and what difference it will make? Thanks. Dell Dimension 8400 32 bit Win XP NIS 2010 -- Randu ...

IE8 32 bit and IE8 64 bit
I have an HP Notebook with Windows Vista x64. There are two paths to Internet Explorer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (32 bit)] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (64-bit)] Recently, I noticed that some web functions no longer work, e.g. I cannot use the HP Support Chat program. This is a program that requires an Active X installation in order to open a window that allows chat with Hewlett-Packard support staff. HP also provides a program on their website that "Auto detects" the computer model, specs, etc. ...

Cannot Run IE8
I received this error message when trying to run this application: "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" How can I fix this? Thanks State your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) and your current IE version. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Ken wrote: > I received this error message when trying to run this application: > > "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" > ...

DEP and IE8 under XP
After a hardware upgrade (to an Athlon II x2 Regcor 245 chip and new motherboard), I'm struggling with a DEP-related problem. Running XP SP3 and IE8. The new chip is hardware DEP capable; the old one wasn't. The DEP is set to "protect critical programs," if I recall the wording correctly, not to protect all programs. Although the latter setting is supposedly the default, the "critical programs" setting showed the radio button when I looked at the DEP settings the first time. There is only one problem I've found (...my wife has found -- it's h...

IE8 -can IE8 open new tab when click on hyperlink
Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. In order to get a new tab I click control-hyperlink. I want to skip the control step. Thank you. Roxy Roxy wrote: > Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If > you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you > are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. > > In o...

IE8
I downloaded IE8 onto my laptop and it worked fine for awhile but now I'm unable to bring up the browser at all, and consequently cannot get online - even though I'm connected. The laptop is a Inspiron XPS Gen 2 running XP Pro and is tapping the net through wireless. I had just recently downloaded SP3 and KBxxxxxx updates. After that I was unable to bring up the expolrer. I thought maybe if I uninstalled and then reinstalled IE8, it might fix it. When I went to uninstall IE8 there wasn't a remove button in the Add/Remove for it. Has anyone run across this kind of...

WIN X Sp2 IE8.0 killed by CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE and or ? Cant get IE8 to access the web
Tonite, I Contracted 39 versions of what SuperAntiSpyware calls: ROGUE.AGENT/GEN in my Registry HKUS\S-1-5-21 (see below) etc (in 39 different file endings) and TROJAN.AGENT/GEN-FakeSpy[Broad] 3 copies 1. in HKUS\S-1-5-21-2952124706-32014773-2762605872-1007Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run(jdfecxfs- C:\Documentsand Settings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\ubqllk\cpxrsysguard.exe and The other two in C:\ DocSettings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData where it again opened a Folder named UBQLLK and inserted 2 copies of CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE It beg...

Problem deleting ie8 history
Hi i am using IE8 on Windows XP. I am having problems deleting history. When i go to Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > Delete i tick all boxes except Cookies and Passwords and hit Delete. This deletes all my history. When i go to the History tab, it has all gone. When i go to my file system to Local Settings/History it has also gone. Fine so far. However, if i now go to the address box and start typing "www", a whole bunch of History headed and Favourites headed entries appear in the dropdown as suggestions. Favourites i would expect, history i...

IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8
IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 beta in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the links work. Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS, ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either. Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into IE8, no-go... ...

IE8 Title bug
According to Microsoft Connect (https://connect.microsoft.com/IE) I should report a possible bug in this newsgroup. When I want to save a webpage I sometimes get the message "This webpage could not be saved". I discovered that this was caused by the 'title' tag of the html document. It seems that the error message is shown whenever the 'title' tag exceeds 259 characters. I use Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bits and tested IE 8.0.6001.18828 both 32-bits and 64-bits version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respon...

Slowness of IE8
My question is this: Why is the Internet Explorer so slow? and Why does my pc freeze everytime the Internet explorer is downloading the page? My computer freezes constantly when I use the Internet Explorer. I have tried several settings on the advanced page but not much seems to make any diference. I have even tried the internet explorer with no add ons and there is no difference. Any suggestions? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific...

Installation of IE8 on XP with SP2 hangs
The installion of IE8 hangs during command mrt.exe Version (3.7.3702.0 - May 2010) in Phase 5 of the installation. When I start the Malicious Software Removal Tool manually, the scan hangs scanning an unsuspicious application (stickies.exe). After deleting the application the next scan hangs at %windir%\system32\shell32.dll. I did an offline anti-virus check wih BitDefender and Kapersky software, booting from a special CD-Rom with no malware found. We are using McAfee Enterprise Verion 8.5i for online anti-virus security. I really appreicate any help on our issue Wolfgang ...

IE8
Any one running money plus with the new IE8 installed. Any Problems? Saw where some are running it without problems with windows 7, but the browser in it is not the same as the just released one I am told. Jim I installed IE8 RTW on the machine I run M+ Deluxe on this past Friday. So far so good, but I have not comprehensively tested Money. "James Johnson" <jamesone@cableone.net> wrote in message news:2EFE7B46-85B7-401D-BD6E-212CDD50FB5E@microsoft.com... > Any one running money plus with the new IE8 installed. Any Problems? Saw > where some are running it with...

IE8 vs IE8 (64 bit)
On my new Win7 64 bit Home Premium computer, I notice that Start | Programs displays two links for IE. One is simply IE8. The second is IE8 (64 bit) Is it likely I have two versions? Which should I use? Which, if any should I remove? "PT" <inconnu3939@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fe603128-c738-4d76-89c0-4b98de32bcba@k17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > On my new Win7 64 bit Home Premium computer, I notice that Start | > Programs displays two links for IE. One is simply IE8. The second is > IE8 (64 bit) > > Is it likely I have two versions?...

IE7 & IE8 in Windows Directory
On Windows XP Professional with SP3 and all the updates maintained current as they have been published and offered by Microsoft Update procedures : I have these folders in the C:\Windows directory... ie7 ; ie7 updates ; ie8 ; and ie8 updates. The ie7 folder is kind of small, at about 25 MV, but the ie7 updates folder is at about 290 MB. Since I am intending to stay with IE8, because of security reasons, among other considerations, may I simply omit the ie7 and ie7 updates folders? I would copy them to another data medium for storage for a while - but I would appreciate any ...

IE8 installer starts automatically. IE8 is already installed.
I tried to help a neighbor who had filled up the hard drive on her 2002 HP computer. I uninstalled Arcsoft, which freed up 500MB. But during startup an IE8 install wizard starts automatically -- which I cancel. When I load IE to access the Internet, [help][about] indicates the current version is already IE8. Should I let the automatic installer continue? Does the attempt of IE8 installer to run automatically mean their is a problem? Advice will be appreciated, Stan Hilliard You may be confusing the IE8 "RunOnce" or "Welcome screen" with an attempt to (re...

how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht one instance of ie8
when I tried on ie8 with bat file like "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h1.html "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h2.html "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h3.html they all opened in one single tab not in multiple tabs what is the correct way to do this. I am getting tired of manually opening a number of test html files for my app development and test Developer-specific resources include: MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead) http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads Tip: When posting in Develo...

The IE8 Downloadlink didn`t work
I am using winXP sp3 and window 6.0 I can download file from other sites I want to download IE8 from Hong Kong Microsoft web site. http://www.microsoft.com/taiwan/windows/internet-explorer/?WT.mc_id=ieproduct There is nothing appear after clicking on the download bottom http://www.microsoft.com/taiwan/windows/internet-explorer/thank-you.aspx After clicking on "下載頁面" for reloading the download link,it turn to a error page. http://www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/smarterror.aspx/404?aspxerrorpath=/globalen/windows/internet-explorer/worldwide-sites.aspx Is it my own pro...

IE8 x32 crashing on windows 7 but not IE8 x64
My IE8 x32 crashes on windows 7 but not IE8 x64. despit the updating of my system (windows 7) . I have two disk in mirroring on dell XPS laptop. 7744308D mov dword ptr [ebp-30h],edx 77443090 lea edx,[ebp-30h] 77443093 or eax,edx 77443095 or eax,7 77443098 test cl,4 7744309B jne 77437978 774430A1 mov byte ptr [ebp-1],1 774430A5 jmp 77437978 774430AA or eax,0Bh 774430AD jmp 77437978 774430B2 push edx 774430B3 push edi 774430B4 call 77432506 774430B9...

IE8
OK, twice now I have downloaded IE8. Loading happens, system restart, then when I click on the Explorer icon, the window starts to open with a big white screen in it, then instantly closes. Again, and again this happens, forcing me to do a system restore each time. So I guess my question is: what the f? Hi, Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explorer(no-Addons) Regards. "Cruz" <Cruz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0F70CA3-3C82-4798-82DA-556E42D0DB9A@microsoft.com... > OK, twice now I have downloaded IE8. Loa...

Running IE8 on a system with Windows 98SE.
Will Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP also run on and old system with Windows 98SE installed? The present IE on that machine is IE6. You tell us: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/support/system-requirements.aspx --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est BPage wrote: > Will Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP also run on and old system with > Windows 98SE installed? The present IE on that machine is IE6. BPage <BPage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Will Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP also run on and old system with > Windows 98SE install...

IE8 or not
I have IE7, which I am using with Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with Servic Pack 3. Is that compatible with IE8? What are the upsides to switching to IE8? Are there any downsides? "Nordic" <Nordic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57F0B08E-B96A-410A-BBFE-E44A9400640C@microsoft.com... >I have IE7, which I am using with Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with > Servic Pack 3. Is that compatible with IE8? What are the upsides to > switching to IE8? Are there any downsides? I have IE8 installed on an XP Pro and an XP MCE (both wi...