I thought is was supposed to learn

Every transaction I make with my debt card always has the same store at the
payee "Moka House" and it is always lists as a "Insurnace" it is driving me
crazy. Can anyone suggest what I can do to fix this to make the program
learn?

Donnie

0
dlpeters (32)
9/20/2004 8:27:39 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Donnie Peterson wrote:

>Every transaction I make with my debt card always has the same store at the
>payee "Moka House" and it is always lists as a "Insurnace" it is driving me
>crazy. Can anyone suggest what I can do to fix this to make the program
>learn?

Go to Accounts&Bills->Categories&Payees->Payees->PreferredPayeeNames
which shows how downloaded names are translated into Payees. Record
the Payee Name Variation(s) shown for "Moka House". Delete the
entries that are not necessarily "Moka House".

Then click on GoToPayeeRulesManager.  Excluded Payee Names
identifies words and phrases that should be ignored from the payee
field (e.g., check, deposit).  Add each word or phrase that were
listed as a Payee Name Variation that you recorded.

While you are at it, it is usually a good idea to select
Tools->Options->OnlineServices->ReplacePayeeNames....

You may want to set
Tools->Options->OnlineServices->AddADescriptionToTheMemoField
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Free Visual Basic 2005 and ASP.NET 2.0 Training from Microsoft Learning
Hello: Any body has subscribed for 90 days trail version of "Free Visual Basic 2005 and ASP.NET 2.0 Training from Microsoft Learning"? If so, could you please send me the loging and password for those courses. Because that course is not available now. Thanks in advance. Regards Kristi. ...

User able to see records that he is not supposed to
Hi, I have a user having a role that has permission to read only records that are created by him. He is able to see records that are assigned to a team X. He is not a member of team X. I have no clue how he is able to see it. I have checked every setting very carefully.Please help. IS IT a Microsoft CRM BUG??? Cheers, kunal Hi, Kunal, Can you please provide the specific settings of the security role(s) assigned to the user? Thanks, Leslie -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This ...

Isn't Outlook 2003 supposed to ask me to turn off the Out of Office status when I log in?
Hello! IIRC in the past, Outlook 2003 (using MS Exchange for e-mails) would prompt me if I want to turn off its auto-reply for Out of Office status I manually set a few days before. However this morning from my three days weekend, it didn't ask me that and a co-worker noticed that it was sending auto-reply messages. Is this a bug or did I miss something? Thank you in advance. :) -- Phillip Pi Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst ISP/Symantec Online Services, Consumer Business Unit Symantec Corporation www.symantec.com ----------------------------------------------------- Email:...

I thought Powershell was MTA
I have an application that hosts Powershell and supplies the PSHost. PSHostUserInterface and PSHostRawUserInterface interfaces and my write routines are all reentrant and my app is MTA. When I run the below script, that setups a timer to run a scriptblock, the scriptblock actions are queued up and do not run until the main script thread runs again and if it is waiting on a ManualResetEvent then they do not run until my application signals that event and the script ends. If instead, I uncomment and use the while ($signal -eq $false) loop that has a WaitOne(5000) then the timers act...

Simple X Y Graph ... I thought
I'd like to make a simple XY graph. I want a 5 x 5 grid with two points plotted. My problem is, I want the points to fall between the grid lines, not on them. In other words, for a point of X=1, Y=1; I want the dot to be in the middle of the bottom, left square. Of course, I'd want the axis marks to be within the gridlines also (i.e., the X-axis label of "1" would be written in between the Y-axis and the first gridline). Is there a way to do this? Thanks! -Debbie Have you thought of using a Line chart or adding 0.5 to the data to be plotted? -- Bernard Liengme w...

Outlook 2003 Querybuilder doesn't find everything it is supposed to find
I have solved part of this problem myself, but need help on the rest. Outlook has a slick feature called querybuilder which enhances advanced find significantly (see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307922). But, if I use advanced find to see every message from John I see 15 messages. If I use query builder, I only see 10. After some reseach, I discovered that I had to tell query builder to look for two things: from contains John OR HaveRepliesSentTo contains John. But this doesn't always work. I have another e-mail where advanced find gets it, but query builder doesn't. When I...

I need learn to me to make macros
Hello to all. I am new in this gustaria group to learn to me to make macros in excel. if alguiel wants to help me this it is my email (baez_jose@hotmail.com) Hi as a starting point: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jose Baez wrote: > Hello to all. I am new in this gustaria group to learn to me to make > macros in excel. if alguiel wants to help me this it is my email > (baez_jose@hotmail.com) You can also 'record' macros, then press ALT-F11 to view the code behind the actions you recorded. "Jose Ba...

interested in learning visual basic in access 2007
Can anyone guide me where I can get started with visual basic for access 2007? Is there any free web site offering courses for VB in Access 2007. thanks. I found these: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/access/HA012142131033.aspx http://learnaccessvba.com/ (Access 2003) http://www.functionx.com/vbaccess/ You can also find quite good introductions in the Help if you browse rather than search. Hit Alt-F11 to bring up the (scary!) VBA development environment and browse the Help there. It's a highly concentrated subject, though, and expect it to take time to be fluen...

need site to learn VBA for excel-beginers
Hi everyone Can anyone provide some links to learn VBA for excel - for beginners?? Thanks GT --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Here's Norman Harker's standard response to this Try the following: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/excel/content/vba101/default.asp But a good list of websites is also useful: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm Dave McRitchie http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlindex.htm John Walkenbach http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm Ron de Bruin www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm Ron has an Add-In tha...

Learning Windows Vista
I'm learning to use windows vista and this is my first Newsgroup posting Jeepers . Tell your professor to stop giving you these projects which are flooding these MS servers -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Pedro Vargas" <i1405114@cisnet.laredo.edu> wrote in message news:elsRYZltKHA.4568@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm learning to use windows vista and this is my first Newsgroup posting Well, you flunked. Only posts pertaining to the Windows Mail p...

Learn Arabic FREEEEEE
Hello everybody=85 I have found a site where you can learn Arabic FREEEEEE. I have cut & paste their adv. For those who like to get the benefit. Get your 5 free hours Start a wide path to Middle East. Learn Arabic. To practice The Arabic alphabet, click the following free link: http://thegreengate.net/site/index.php?option=3Dcom_content&task=3Dview&id= =3D132&Itemid=3D221&lang=3Denglish Also you can get your free 5 learning hours using =93 The Green Gate Academy=94 http://www.thegreengate.net ...

Learning Curve Coming from VB.net
Is it my just my imagination or is there a pretty steep learning curve going from VB.net to MFC? Everything seems so SLOW and PAINFUL just to get basic things done in MFC...at first. Does it ever get better? I kinda see why VB.net and C# are so popular... haha! Tony C. <trx32@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:hkbs94lv519vtm87d921la2jdo0966jqff@4ax.com... > > > Is it my just my imagination or is there a pretty steep > learning curve going from VB.net to MFC? > > Everything seems so SLOW and PAINFUL just to get > basic things done in MFC...at first. > ...

how is "FIRST" supposed to work
I am trying to figure out the function of "FIRST" in a totals query - with little luck so far. I think that my intuition may be getting in the way. Using Access 2000. I have an orders detail table (tbl_orders_d) with the usual stuff -- trans_num, product_name, quantity, price, and a unique auto_num field. I want to do a query that yields just 1 row for each order (whether there is only 1 record or 5) -- so, I created a totals query (qry_1) for tbl_orders_d. I dragged each column to the query grid and on the Total line in the grid cell for trans_num I applied "FIRST"....

Thoughts on the New West / Storefront e-commerce solution?
Is anyone currently using this solution? If so, are you happy with it? I have heard some good things about this solution and quite a few bad things. We are looking for an e-commerce solution to tie in with our RMS database and the options seem to be rather limited. We have also released an X-Cart version of our Web Integrator: Professional. People seem to be really happy with it and it avoids the complaints we've had with the Storefront version. http://www.kosmoscart.com Jesse Wong NWT "Stringers" wrote: > Is anyone currently using this solution? If so, are you happy...

When I type 10 in a cell I keep getting 0.1 instead. Any thoughts
Data in cell. When I type the number 10 in a cell 0.1 comes up instead. After totalling Nos. 10, 20, 25, 30 & 15 total comes as 0.100 instead of 100; my formual is =sum(E5:E9). I am using EXcel 2003. I go into general and click on text so I could keep the numbers as stated. I still get it wrong Tools/Options/Edit, uncheck the Fixed Decimal places checkbox. In article <A6D404D4-EACD-4489-8F43-072638A8C087@microsoft.com>, Enthusiastic new user <Enthusiasticnewuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Data in cell. When I type the number 10 in a cell 0.1 comes ...

When you get bored of all the options that you have in your wardrobe and want to add some interesting yet smart options to it, purple may be a color worth considering. Even though the first thought
When you get bored of all the options that you have in your wardrobe and want to add some interesting yet smart options to it, purple may be a color worth considering. Even though the first thought that may come to your mind while reading this is that the author is out of his mind, read on and think again. Many people are choosing to adopt the unconventional purple because it makes an elegant and strong fashion statement. http://www.replicab2b.net http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Wallets_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Jewelrys_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Shoes_1.html...

A question that might could have been an exam question(e-learning)
Hi! The question is that some statement should be put into the right category. The six statements are. 1. Has replaced the ConfigurationSettings class 2. Helps you manage configuration elements 3. Implements a custom section 4. Is used to read from a configuration file 5. Inherit the ConfigurationElement class 6. Is a pointer to configuration files. These 6 statements should be placed into one of these categories ConfigurationSection ConfigurationManager ConfigurationElement 5 of these were quite easy but number "4. Is used to read from a configuration file should...

Recommended book for learning MFC
I want to start programming in MFC. I know a bit about win32 programming, and C++. With this in mind, can anybody recommend a good book for starting out in MFC? Thanks Allan Hello, There are two books that I found useful for learning MFC were:- Mastering MFC Development Using Visual C++ and MCSD Training Kit: Desktop Applications with Visual C++ 6.0 Regards Simon Jefferies Tools Programmer, Headfirst Productions mailto:simonj@headfirst.co.uk www.callofcthulhu.com www.deadlandsgame.com - "Allan Bruce" <allanmb@TAKEAWAYf2s.com> wrote in message news:c7vsis$s3h$1@...

I am trying to learn about DPM system recovery tool
I installed the server on windows 2003 and then created a schedule for backup evryday once. I added another windows 2003 machine. Now it creates recovery points every day once. It shows that it hae recovery points for everyday. But when I goto recovery center, it doesn't show any recovery point when I try to rollback to earlier date. Any Clue. ...

Learning Excel
I need simple tutorial for Excel. Thanks, Depending on the version you're using, you'll want a different tutorial (especially with 2007). I would recommend googling "Excel [version number] Tutorial". That'll bring up tons of useful sites that go from "what is a spreadsheet" to using complex functions. Good luck! -- -SA "Phyrst" wrote: > I need simple tutorial for Excel. > Thanks, ...

e-learning requirement (SABA resouce) @ NY/NJ for 6-12 months
E-Learning requirement (SABA resource) Location: New York/ New Jersey Duration: 6-12 months We need resources that are familiar with LMS course development. The courses from MELS (Merck e-learning) need to be loaded into SABA (Schering Plough) and some possible development is needed to do the conversion from MELS to SABA. - Good problem solving skills - LMS knowledge - Develop/Test Online content: - Articulate/Captivate - Lectora - HTML - Familiar with Scorm 1.2 compliance Send me updated profile to moh...

I need to learn excel, i bought 3 books but i need excel on my co.
help ! Post a normal question not in the subject line -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "valerie" <valerie @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08896FCA-EFAB-4566-AD33-60EB69573247@microsoft.com... > help ! ...

I thought this code worked!!!
I have 3 controls on a form that I want to lock to make uneditable after they have been input. I had the Locked property set to yes and this code in the On Current event Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.NewRecord Then Me.Action_Date.Locked = False Else Me.Action_Date.Locked = True End If If Me.NewRecord Then Me.Action_Time.Locked = False Else Me.Action_Time.Locked = True End If If Me.NewRecord Then Me.Action_Log.Locked = False Else Me.Action_Log.Locked = True End If End Sub It seems to do what I want it to do b...

Learning how to use Excel
I am in the North East of UK. Does anyone know of any courses that are run to teach people how to use Excel? Not just the basics, but everything! Or is there an on-line learning package? Anything at all. I am having to teach myself, which is taking ages, and not really workable with my tight deadlines. Thank you, Rob, Teesside, UK Local authority night-school? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "abfabrob" <abfabrob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0759EA04-19B2-4048-8A6A-4728CD988109@microsoft.com... > I am in the...

POS E-Learning
Hopefully Microsoft will address this. There are several questions from the Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009 e-learning that the answers are wrong. Example 1: Retailers cannot receive items against closed purchase orders. The answer given is false. Example 2: If no shipping addresses have been set up for the customer, Microsoft Dynamics POS displays the ___ during the transaction. The answer given is New Shipping Address form. I found another one. This might be a glitch in the pos. Example 3: The following information is required when cashiers add a new customer to the customer list. A...