I need help with multiple Fidelity accounts and Money 2006

Here is my situation:

I have the following accounts at Fidelity:

Under my login ID:  Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments"
for these accounts
        My Rollover IRA
        My Roth IRA
        Joint brokerage account

Under my wife's login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity
Investments # 2" for these accounts
        Wife's Rollover IRA
        Wife's Roth IRA
        Joint brokerage account

The Joint Brokerage account is the same, and shows up at the Fidelity web
site when either of us logs into Fidelity.

This setup is giving me major headaches.

I set up my accounts online.  That works.  When I set up my wife's accounts
online, it detects the Joint Brokerage and adds it to My Accounts under a
new different name, even though I tell Money not to track that account in
Money.  The added account is created in the Closed status (grayed out).

Similar thing is happening to a couple of old credit cards I had at Citi.
Even if I delete these from Money, apparently when Money connects to Citi,
they send the information to Money about these old, defunct cards, and Money
created closed accounts by that name.

How do I deal with this?

Thanks in advance
--
Aloke
----

0
aprasad123 (105)
8/2/2005 10:26:20 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I had no problem downloading joint and individual accounts for different
people from the same bank. It's improved over 2004, because I don't have to
create a separate bank. Disable online banking, change the bank name for all
the accounts to the same bank, then enable online banking. Match downloaded
accounts to existing accounts during the setup process, where you can. Where
you can't, merge duplicate accounts. You'll probably have to revise the
downloaded account names a little to give you some information, because
they're named ambiguously.

For the old credit cards, just let them download, then hide the closed
accounts.

"Aloke Prasad" <aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote in message
> Here is my situation:
<snip>

> I set up my accounts online.  That works.  When I set up my wife's
> accounts online, it detects the Joint Brokerage and adds it to My Accounts
> under a new different name, even though I tell Money not to track that
> account in Money.  The added account is created in the Closed status
> (grayed out).
>
> Similar thing is happening to a couple of old credit cards I had at Citi.
> Even if I delete these from Money, apparently when Money connects to Citi,
> they send the information to Money about these old, defunct cards, and
> Money created closed accounts by that name.
>
> How do I deal with this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> --
> Aloke
> ----
> to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com

0
NoSpam1246 (979)

Cannot restore backup Money Plus
I created a backup (.mbf) file in Money Plus on my desktop. Installed Money Plus trial on my laptop and tried to restore backup. Unable to restore backup ("Money cannot find file or read-only" error) in Money Plus trial. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, rodney wrote: >I created a backup (.mbf) file in Money Plus on my desktop. Installed Money >Plus trial on my laptop and tried to restore backup. Unable to restore backup >("Money cannot find file or read-only" error) in Money Plus trial. Any ideas? Do not restore to the "default location. Instead, B...

GL Account Setup
While I've gotten my GL setup to post batches correctly to Quickbooks 2003, I'm having trouble with batches that contain any over or short amount in the various tender types. Currently I have one batch in which closing amounts were entered incorrectly for cash and visa/mastercard. While I can create a GL entry in quickbooks basically re-creating the way it "should" post, I can't get RMS to actually post the batch correctly. I have been using the "tender over/short" field and posting to a Cash on Hand account in quickbooks. Any ideas why this wouldn't wor...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Budget Record for Dividends in Broker Account
I am trying to set up my budget to include dividends from one of my Investment accounts. =the account has the "include in Budget Planner" box checked =Dividends are recorded as "Investment Income : Dividends" using the Investment tab in Tools for Dividend Income The dividend transactions are not included in any of the Budget Planner categories for Income. There is a category listed as Irregular Income, with a category called, "Investment Income : Dividends" Is there a particular reason why these transactions aren't picked up? Possibly because they ...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Multiple Recipient Policies #2
I have a dilema. I have created (2) storage groups in Exchange 2003 SP1. I had my default storage group for a while but I wanted to start archiving. I allready had my maximum (4) mailbox stores on my default so I created a second storage group called "Archive Storage Group" with a single mailbox store also called "Archive". Here is my question; How do I set a retention (recipient) policy on my Archive storage group/user without affecting the default storage group? Currently my recipient policy deletes anything in deleted items older than 7 days. For my Exchange Archive use...

Trouble sending MULTIPLE emails
keep getting this error message The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sween67@twcny.rr.com'. Subject 'Maura's mother-in -law', Account: 'pop-server.twcny.rr.com', Server: ...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Display Multiple User Forms
Is there a way to display two userforms simulataneously. I have an application with about 10 data entry forms. I want to creat a navigation form that would always be open that would allow the use to jump from one form to another. How can I do this? Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have Excel2000 or later, just create modeless forms (ShowModal property = False) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ripan >" <<Ripan.103gp7@exce...

Help with formula 12-17-09

Money 2006 and Vista RC1
I've upgraded an XP machine to Vista RC1. Money 2006 Deluxe was already installed. Since the upgrade to Vista, Money has the most aggravating behavior. It constantly minimizes itself and jumps to other open applications. I'll be in the middle of typing a transaction, look up and see Internet Explorer instead of Money. It bounces repeatedly. I've tried loading Money in XP compatibility mode. No luck. Any suggestions? thanks It may be better with the RTM version of Vista. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/de...

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

I need Help

need help badly

Money Deluxe 05 #2
I purchased Money Deluxe 05 from the Microsoft website a week ago(downloaded it) and paid $63.00.Once I installed the program I keep receiving a screen asking me to upgrade the TRIAL VERSION to the Deluxe version even though I have paid 63.00 and my credit card has been charged. I contacted Microsoft for help and I was told that soon I will receive a letter in the mail explaining how to get rid off that screen..nothing else...Anybody knows how to get to the real thing and get rid off the trial version. I love the program but this goes beyond any imagination!!!!!..Help!!!!! ...

Best Way to Manage Auto Lease in Money 2006
Which is the best way to set up the account since there is no interest because it is a lease and no asset since you don't own the car? Not as a loan. Just set it up as a scheduled Automobile:Lease Payments expense since that's what it is. Pure Expense. What would the point of the loan be? "flinstrot" <flinstrot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA4B7867-8F2C-4726-89DD-2A512EDF60D3@microsoft.com... > Which is the best way to set up the account since there is no interest > because it is a lease and no asset since you don't own the car? ...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...