I have a new PC -- how can I move Money (the license) to it?

Hi,

I got a new PC and need to move Money -- I guess the SW license -- to it.
Does anyone know how I can do this or, where I can look for the answer?

Thanks!
Rusty

Rusty Williamson
Owner, Technical Director, Lead Animator

Virtualmedia Studios
www.virtualmediastudios.com

0
rusty5348 (3)
8/16/2007 6:23:37 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Rusty Williamson wrote:

>I got a new PC and need to move Money -- I guess the SW license -- to it.
>Does anyone know how I can do this or, where I can look for the answer?

What version?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/16/2007 7:16:36 PM
Hi,

It's MS Money 2006.  My wife uses it and doesn't really want to upgrade to
2007.  I purchased it online so no CD.  I thought there was a site you
logged into which showed all your license numbers -- at least I seem to
remember that when I purchased it.  I thought that'd be the place to
transfer the license to the new PC but I can't find it.

> In microsoft.public.money, Rusty Williamson wrote:
>

>>I got a new PC and need to move Money -- I guess the SW license -- to it.
>>Does anyone know how I can do this or, where I can look for the answer?
>
> What version?

0
rusty5348 (3)
8/16/2007 9:34:04 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Rusty Williamson wrote:

>Hi,
>
>It's MS Money 2006.  My wife uses it and doesn't really want to upgrade to
>2007.  I purchased it online so no CD.  I thought there was a site you
>logged into which showed all your license numbers -- at least I seem to
>remember that when I purchased it.  I thought that'd be the place to
>transfer the license to the new PC but I can't find it.

Go to http://www.findmyorder.com

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
> In microsoft.public.money, Rusty Williamson wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>It's MS Money 2006.  My wife uses it and doesn't really want to upgrade
>>2007.  I purchased it online so no CD.  I thought there was a site you
>>logged into which showed all your license numbers -- at least I seem to
>>remember that when I purchased it.  I thought that'd be the place to
>>transfer the license to the new PC but I can't find it.
>
> Go to http://www.findmyorder.com

Cal,
is that a MSFT or a third party website ?  When I saw your message, I was
gonna bookmark it ( for family members that never have msft licenses) but
it looks like generic page.

0
Bobb
8/16/2007 11:28:33 PM
In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Rusty Williamson wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>It's MS Money 2006.  My wife uses it and doesn't really want to upgrade
>>>2007.  I purchased it online so no CD.  I thought there was a site you
>>>logged into which showed all your license numbers -- at least I seem to
>>>remember that when I purchased it.  I thought that'd be the place to
>>>transfer the license to the new PC but I can't find it.
>>
>> Go to http://www.findmyorder.com
>>

>Cal,
>is that a MSFT or a third party website ?  When I saw your message, I was
>gonna bookmark it ( for family members that never have msft licenses) but
>it looks like generic page.

It is a Digital River site, with whom Microsoft has an arrangement.
You will see that site referenced in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889930/en-us
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/16/2007 11:43:28 PM
> It is a Digital River site, with whom Microsoft has an arrangement.
> You will see that site referenced in

Thank you
0
Bobb
8/17/2007 12:12:25 PM
Money 2006 online purchases was NOT handled by Digital River. So, you'll
need to contact Microsoft Billing as described in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889930/en-us

> In microsoft.public.money, Rusty Williamson wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>It's MS Money 2006.  My wife uses it and doesn't really want to upgrade to
>>2007.  I purchased it online so no CD.  I thought there was a site you
>>logged into which showed all your license numbers -- at least I seem to
>>remember that when I purchased it.  I thought that'd be the place to
>>transfer the license to the new PC but I can't find it.
>
> Go to http://www.findmyorder.com

0
abcd7779 (838)

Can Excell create a running invoice NUMBER?
Lets say I was to create a form that will be used over and over, but everytime I fill it out and print it I need it to generate a number that changes 1 digit each time it is pulled up and printed. Example, I have a blank invoice, then I fill in the fields as needed and the invoice has a number on the top numbered 00001 so I print it and close the file. Then tomorrow I open it and do the same thing except the invoice number now is set at 00002. I am not sure if Excel can do this or not. This would be pulling a rabbit out of a hat if this can be done :cool: G. --- Message posted from http:...

How can I not display an Exchange Email in GAL?
Hi, I know there's a way to prevent an Exchange 2000 account from being displayed in the GAL. Could someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks. Sam Enable Advanced features within Active Directory Users and Computers 1. Open Active Directory Users and Computers 2. In the console tree, click the <your domain> node. 3. On the View menu, click Advanced Features. Hide the mailbox 4. Navigate to Active Directory Users and Computers | <your domain> | Users 5. Right click on the user you wish to make hidden from the GAL and select properties from the me...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

I used "save as" but now can't locate original file
I was using a file (November), changed the data, clicked "save as" (December. Now, November is the same as December. Any possibility there's a temp file of November anywhere? Book I believe you have not done as you describe. If you had a previously saved November workbook open and made some changes then File>Save As and named it December, November workbook will still be on your computer in its previous state. Unless you saved it as November with the changes. From where did you open November workbook? It will still be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 1...

How can I strip the extensions from filenames in a query?
I have an Access 2003 table created by importing an Excel spreadsheet. One field in this table contains the filenames of digital images in various formats. These filenames are of varying lengths and have extensions such as ..jpg, .jpeg or .tif (other file extensions are also possible). For example, A red car.jpg A blue bus.tif Mountain view.jpeg How can I write an query expression to strip off the extension, and which will work regardless of the length of the extension? Essentially, I want to drop the dot and everything that follows so that I end up with, A red car A blue bus Mountain ...

Can't import .pst file to reloaded Outlook
Can anyone help? Windows XP crashed and I was forced to reinstall the whole thing. Before doing so, I managed to export my personal folders to a .pst file that I put on a cdRom. When I reinstalled Outlook and tried to import that .pst file from the cdRom, I got an error message saying that access was denied to the file. I then saved it to my hard drive and tried again. This time I was able to import the file but all it did was put an empty folder in my list. The information that was supposed to be there does not seem to be. Is there a solution to retrieve my e-mails? Please h...

Need to Transfer Files Between Money and Quicken
I've got an interesting problem here. I need to transfer files between Money 2002 and Quicken Premium 2004. The first four attempts at having Quicken read exported QIF files has been a disaster. Quicken is absolutely no help. Their built-in help is referring me to webpages that don't exist. There is supposed to be a tool to convert the file format, but the fine print says it is for converting between previous versions of Quicken and Quicken 2004, but it "may work" for converting Money files. A Quicken guru says I need to export Money files to XML in order to bring the files i...

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Can I Display Winodws File Folder Contents in Outlook?
OL2007/Exchange: I have found how to set a particular outlook folder to display a website by seleting the home page tab under properties. Is there a way to have this display the contents of a windows file folder instead of an html file? I have tried something like c:\my documents, and even file:\\c:\my documents, but this does not seem to work. I've thought of perhaps making an html file with links to the contents of the folder and displaying that html file. Looks pretty easy, but if we add new files, etc., then the html file does not get automatically updated. I know this is a stran...

Style available all sheets new or old

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Outlook & Outlook Express on same PC
I had both Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express on my PC with Windows 98. Each was connected to different email accounts and had different messages. I want the same set up on my new PC with Windows XP Home edition. But I could only find one pst file. It had the data from Outlook. How can I find the data for the Outlook Express folders? Thank you in advance. cp OE stores data in a different file structure to OL http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ should help David "cp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01b901c3d897$6e31e1d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

Money 2003 Deluxe Call Progress
When I attempt to update prices on line, Money appears to get hung up. The call progress window says that it is updating securities but it stays on screen and nothing is downloaded. Even when I try to cancel the call, the window will not close. The only way for me to stop the call is for me to shut Money down using ctrl-alt-delete. This happens about 75% of the time that I try to update prices. I am connected through a cable modem. You're not alone Bill. It happens to me frequently as well. Prior to 2003 version, the update was fast. Once I installed the 2003 version, it seem...

Adding new pages

Can't open Outlook #11
Just bought a new computer & copied my PST file over to it. When I go to open the file, it asks me for my password. Problem is: I don't have a password on the file. Any help would be appreciated. ...

tab does not move to adjacent cell in excel

New messages comes up in Deleted folder