How to sort account list?

I'm using MS Money 2004 Small Business.  In the account list, my accounts
are catagorized by and in this order:
- bank accounts
- credit accounts
- investment accounts
- loans and liabilities
- asset accounts
TOTAL BALANCE

In the above view, I cannot easily determine totals for assets and
liabilities.  The following view does this.

- bank accounts
- investment accounts
- asset accounts
    SUBTOTAL
-loans and liabilities
    SUBTOTAL
TOTAL BALANCE

How do I get the above view?

Thanks,
Brett

0
no6688 (49)
1/8/2005 3:06:41 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I don't use Small Business. But you can run a Net Worth report to get total
assets and liabilities in the Standard and Deluxe versions.

"Brett" <no@spam.net> wrote in message
> I'm using MS Money 2004 Small Business.  In the account list, my accounts
> are catagorized by and in this order:
> - bank accounts
> - credit accounts
> - investment accounts
> - loans and liabilities
> - asset accounts
> TOTAL BALANCE
>
> In the above view, I cannot easily determine totals for assets and
> liabilities.  The following view does this.
>
> - bank accounts
> - investment accounts
> - asset accounts
>     SUBTOTAL
> -loans and liabilities
>     SUBTOTAL
> TOTAL BALANCE
>
> How do I get the above view?
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

0
nospam7515 (2084)

Sort not working correctly
I created a report for a query. When I sort the desired field most of the records sort correctly, but some records do not. This phenomenon happened both in the query and the report. I was able to solve the query sort problem by highlighting the column in the data set view and right click ascending. The mixed sort continues in the report weather I use Order By On or the Sorting and Grouping dialog box. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? -- Regards, Frank Frank <buckfd@gmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote: >I created a report for a query. When I sort the desired field most of the ...

Entourage talk list down temporarily
For those that also subscribe to the Entourage talk list..... The list will be down for up to two weeks. Received word from the list mom: > we suffered a major hardware failure (CPU + hard drive) Once new computer arrives and is set up, the list should resume as normal. In case you're wondering what's the difference between this newsgroup and the talk list.... The talk list is via email where the newsgroup is available through your newsreader or through Google's web interface. Users tend to stay with the talk list for long periods of time rather than visit for just help wit...

sorting activities for each lead/contact by actual end dates
When I view the activities associated with each lead and contacts, the actual end date are not shown. Does anyone know how I can dispaly this field? The activities list in workplace does show the actual end dates but we'd like to see that when we access the list through indivial contact/lead record. Thanks, Victoria Hi Victoria, There is no good out of the box way to do this in MSCRM today. We're working hard to fix this for v2.0. Many of our customers have worked around this issue by registering for a post call out on the activity creation, and then having a custom object wh...

Sorting in Excel 2003
When I sort columns that contain blank cells, Excel throws them down to the bottom. Is there any way to get them to appear at the top of the sort? Hi, You could try replacing the blanks with a space by clicking Crtl + H then leave go straight to replace with. Click in cell and press the space bar once. Then sort Ascending order VBA Noob -- VBA Noob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33833 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561267...

I can send mails from my account XXXXX@mydomain.com but I can't receive
I have a yahoo domain name and until recently I was able to send and receive mails by using my business address. xxxx...@mydomain.com. But since Monday, I can only send but I can't get mails in my account. I can receive only spams on mydom...@yahoo.com. Can anyone help me because I am in serious trouble. I am using IE are you using a free yahoo account or a paid one ? what are the POP and SMPT server name listed under account setting property.. "jacquos" <netafricasia@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1154025475.651173.223540@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I hav...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

sort dates
hI My dates use the system dd/mm/year if i press the sort button.. it will sort by day->month->year I want to sort by year->month->day how do i do this?? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The best thing to do is to store your data as real Excel dates. Then they will always sort properly, regardless of which format you display the date in. As you have numbers, rather than dates, sorting isn't so easy. The choices are: 1. Create a Date field (=Date(year,month,day)) and sort on that. 2. Split out the day, month and year, then sort on the three separa...

How to change sort-by and sort order?
Hi, I am trying to figure out how to change the sort sort-by to "Product ID" instead of "Name" for the Product Record Lookup in Opportunities, Quotes and Orders. When you click the magnifying glass to "select a value for product", a web page dialog pops up. The "available records" view is soted alphabetically by the "Name". I would like to have the view alphabetically sorted by the "Product ID", and have the order of those columns swapped...i.e. Product ID column on the left, and Name column on the right. All advice greatly a...

Sorting out Duplicates
I have a price list with part numbers sorted on the left and price so the right... The genius who wrote the price list doubled up on a whol bunch of numbers. Is there a way to identify the duplicates ? 110204 110205 110206 110208 110208 110208 A-12322 B-12312 B-12312 B-12350 B-12367 Actually I know there is ... I have been using the following function after sorting by part number... A2 part number B2 =if(a2=a1,true,false) c2 =if(a2=a3,true,false) d2 =if(or(b2=true,c2=true),true,false) What that does is say true in the c column for dup part numbers.... What I am actually trying to d...

accounts added doing online banking
I use Money 2006. My bank (Fifth third) recently added acredit card account which I had not requested. Now whenever I download statements, this account is recurrently added back despite relegating it to an "account closed" status. I can't delete the account; Money tells me that I will lose all accounts at Fifth third and recommends that I simply "close" this account. I asked the Bank It peoiple to stop having account added to Money but they respond by telling me that I have to "diable or delete" this account download through Money. Any suggestions?...

stationary, templete, signatures with multiple accounts
Hello all, I use Outlook 2002 to access three email accounts ( Work, Hotmail, and home ISP ) Obviuosly I can choose from which account I'm sending from at the time of mesasge creation. What I am asking is, is it possible for when, let's say, I choose to send from my work account, a certain stationary and/or template and/or signature is used ----- and a different stationary and/or template and/or signature is used when I send from my ISP, etc....... Please advise, preferably be sending directly to patrick072040@comcast.net., or by replying to this post. Thank you in advance !! O...

sorting a list
I have a column of faculty and need to sort it by rank in a particula order. There are four ranks. How is this done? thanks for your hel in advance -- dee studen ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dee student's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55160 You could set up a custom sort list under Tools>Options>Custom Lists... import or type your four derivatives in the order you want to sort them. Once you have this set up, go to data...

HELP! How do I get a total for columns sorted by account number on a spread sheet
Ok, I am not sure how else to explain this. On a spread sheet I will be entering account numbers and a balance due on different spots in the sheet. On a 2nd spread sheet I need it to find the specific account number and add up the total that customer owes. Can I do a total by account number by formula or will I have to do seperate spreadsheets for each person? If you can't tell I am lost. Laurie, Try something like =SUMIF(Sheet1!A1:A100,"12345678",Sheet1!B1:B100) where Sheet1!A1:A100 is the account number range, "123456768" is the account number to check, Sheet1...

Query for AD to get E-mails With User Accounts & Creating New user Accounts !!
Hello everybody , i'm a newbie in Exchange Server who has it as heritage from a previous Admin. so what i need is (Maybe Simple): 1- a query (to get the output to a *.txt file) for AD to get all e-mails accounts associated with each user account .. so i can know in which OU it lives & how many E-mails it has. i've this but i don't know what parameter or where should i add to get the above details .. i just get e-mails: dsquery user "OU=Clients, DC=mydomain,DC=Com" | dsget user -email > C:\emails3.txt 2- Another query (or maybe command like dsadd) but i need to...

Sort command does not sort some columns?
When attempting to sort data, newly entered data seems to stay the same while the old data sorts itself. I have one whole column that is now mismatched. I am a newbie to this program so I am sure I am doing not doing something basic. BillBob: If you want to sort a multi-column range of cells: Select the entire range of cells <data><sort> Set your sort parameters Click the [OK] button. If all of the relevant columns are not pre-selected, they will not sort with the column you want sorted and you'll have out-of-sync mess. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL...

E2K3
I guess the answer I am looking for is, what if -- E2K3 services are stopped at the time and db was shut down in clean state -- someone accidentally resets an E2K3 server's account in AD (right-click, click Reset Account) What is fix? That is not the scenario but that is the answer we need. Here is the scenario: (sorry it is long explain) We are 2nd time this year moving E2K3 SP1 to new hardware same name. The old server will still be physically available, and we will have shut down dbs in clean state and set all E2K3 services to manual before turning server off. We know we will h...

grouping/sorting limits
I have a need to have the maximum number of groups possible on a report (10), but I want each grouping to be sorted by a field that is different than the grouping field. Is there any way to add a sorting field to each of the 10 groups without deleting any groups? Not surprisingly, I was unsuccessful in trying to apply the sorting in the query. Thanks! Post sample data and what you want in results. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "AccessMan" wrote: > I have a need to have the maximum number of groups possible on a report (10), > but I want each grouping...

matching a sorting the exact value in the data list
Hi there, In Excel 2000 I wish to match and sort the following data using some type of function in Excel. CRXU1972999 CRXU1972509 CRXU1973932 CRXU1972999 DFSU6001327 CRXU1973932 GESU2271222 FCIU2056631 GESU9254295 GESU2271222 PCIU3025511 PCIU2365754 PCIU3030457 PCIU3023571 PCIU3038329 PCIU3025511 PCIU3039304 PCIU3026020 PCIU3055060 PCIU3030457 PCIU3060600 PCIU3038329 PCIU3061993 PCIU3039304 PCIU3066085 PCIU3060600 ....so the above mentioned data should look like this(see below) after the function has been applied. CRXU1972999 CRXU1972999 (wish to join but in seperate columns) CRXU19739...

2nd search box not sort properly after using 1st search box
I have 2 combo boxes on a continuse form. One to search name and Other to search Department. Private Sub cboFind_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Me.OrderBy = "" Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[Last Name] = '" & Me![cboFind] & "' AND [First Name] = '" & Me![cboFind].Column(1) & "'" If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark Me.cboFind.BackColor = -2147483633 Me.Last_Name.SetFocus End Sub Private Sub cboDepartment_AfterUpdate() ...

Dropdown list
Using XL 2003, i have a workbook that has hundreds of cells to enter data in. i want the user to be able to select from a dropdown list. The data that would be in the list would look something like this.. 1 15 minutes 2 23 minutes 3 33 minutes 4 44 minutes etc, etc. What i would like to do is to have the dropdown list available so the user could see where the minute value they have falls, then select the value, and then only the number to the left (1,2,3,4, etc etc) would be displayed in the cell. Also, the column widths are narrow (3.33, or 37 pixels), so I have to overcome ...

Sort a Subtotalled List?
Hello, Does anyone know if you can sort a list after it has been subtotalled? The reason I ask is because I am basically sorting a list based on a criteria and then deleted all transactions that offset to each other to equal zero. So if I could sort the list after it was subtotalled all the subtotalled amounts that equaled zero would be in order and I could delete them all at once, instead of scanning through the list. Any help would save me a huge amount of time. Thanks, Would it be better to remove the subtotals (Data/Subtotals/Remove All) then sort/delete data, then re-apply t...

Outlook 2000
When I create a new email message, hit the "To" button and select my contact list, I get the Full Name. I would like to get the list Last Name, First Name which is how my "File As" column is setup. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Randy Wells ...

Sort highest by name
I have 55 teams in A1 to A55. I have their scores in B1 to B55. Is there a way to list the scores (highest to lowest) but giving their team names instead of all the numbers in order of the highest to the lowest? Help Obe 1 Why don't you just sort this data by column B in descending order? Select the range starting from cell B1 then just click the sort descending button on the toolbar. If you don't want to sort the data then you could use a formula. Are there any tie scores? What type of values are the scores? Are they whole numbers? Decimals? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP &qu...

Auto config of exchange account in outlook 2003
I am looking for a way for users to log onto any computer with their account and have outlook launch without prompting for exchange account settings. Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Thanks Hi, It can be done with the resource kit for outlook. I seem to remember that you can create an MST file to install office/outlook with and that gives the information about outlook settings. I am sure that one of the smarter guys will give you a link about how to go about this. But it is possible and fairly simpel. Regards Martin "MarkatMarios" <MarkatMarios@discussions.mic...

Sort And Total
Column A Is A Group Of Lengths, Many Are The Same Length Column B Indicates Components Of That Length Column C Indicates Different Components Of That Length A B C 8 2 1 7 2 0 8 3 1 6 2 2 8 1 1 7 1 1 I'd Like To Have Column A Sorted In Ascending Order With Colums B And C Displaying The Total Number Of Components Associated With That Length. I Would Like To Program The Columns To Perform The Function. E F G 6 2 2 7 3 1 8 6 3 Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Thanks, Travelersway -- travelersway ------------------------------------------------------------------------ travelersway's...