How to remove phantom Bill transactions

Money 2004 Standard.

The other day I noticed that the amount in my checking account on the Home
Page (and in the Accounts List) did not match what was shown in the checking
register.  The checking register was correct.  The Home page was several
thousands of dollars less.

Poking around I discovered on the bill calendar a number of paid bills
corresponding to the next  payment of yearly (and bi-yearly) bills last paid
in Dec. '03 to April '04 (i.e. the bills in Dec. '04, Jan-Apr '05, etc. were
marked as paid)  A duplicate of the same bills also showed up on the same
day as still needing to be paid.  If I double clicked on the calendar date,
however, only the unpaid bill showed on the list.

These phantom transactions show up on the individual Payees screen, on the
Bill Calendar and on the Report by Payee.  They do NOT show up on the Check
register, or using the Advanced Find.

Using the individual Payee screens I found the transactions, but was unable
to delete them.  I was able to VOID them, however, and after VOIDing all 35
or so of them, the account balance on the Home and Accounts page now matches
that on the register.

Standard fixes and backups resulted in dead-ends.  Salv.exe produced a file
that was nearly 50% larger than my original one, but had the same problem as
the original.  The log file said that there were no broken records.  My hard
drive back up had the same problem, my 15 day old floppy back-up did not
work (I guess I should test it after creating it, but who would have
thunk...!) and for once I did not do my usual monthly data backup to CD, so
my last back-up was 7 weeks old.

I noted a similar problem and fix with a hidden downloaded transaction, but
the fix does not seem applicable to ones created by the Bill screen.  Any
thoughts of how to remove these transactions or should I just learn to live
with them as voided and hope it doesn't happen again?  Thanks.
--
Peace,
BobJ

0
Privacy1 (389)
4/22/2004 6:27:53 PM
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

Recurring Bill - every 3 weeks
Hello, one of my recurring payments has frequency every 3 weeks. Is it possible to schedule it in Money? thanks, Vadim Rapp Only thing I can think of is to make up three separate MONTHLY payments occurring at three different dates each month (like the 1st of each month, 8th, 15th........etc.). "Vadim Rapp" <vr@nospam.myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:%23q$jNA9iIHA.4320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > one of my recurring payments has frequency every 3 weeks. Is it possible > to schedule it in Money? > > thanks, > Vadim Rapp > > > ...

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

How to import Bill of Materials
Hi, How can I import a Bill of Materials (BOM) into GreatPlains 8.0? Is there a destination type that can be added to integration manager to perform this task? Unfortunately, you cannot add anything to Integration Manager. Your options are to use Table Import or another tool to import into the SQL tables. "Derek Smithson" <dsmithson@vistasystems.net> wrote in message news:eI8n51EyFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How can I import a Bill of Materials (BOM) into GreatPlains 8.0? Is there > a destination type that can be added to integration mana...

Money 2004 deluxe: d/loaded transactions always marked as reconciled!
Hello everyone - I'm experiencing some screw-up for the last 2 months. All my downloaded transactions for AMEX are marked by Money as reconciled. This makes balancing against the paper bill a sheer nightmare. This only happens for one account: other credit card accounts seem to be working fine. I wonder if anyone knows how to fix this. I doubt it is a data problem - that would mean that anyone would experience it. So it must be some screw-up in my Money setup... Thanks in advance, -- Alexander L. Belikoff 2x6hvrh02 <@> sneakemail.com GPG f/pr: 0D58 A804...

Adding and removing removable drives

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...

Remove & Reinstall Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP Professional on my new computer. Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook 2003? Thanks. J J Kendel <jkendel2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP > Professional on my new computer. Really? 2003? Office XP typically includes Outlook 2002. >Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook >2003? Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Find Office and click "Change". Remove the Outlook part. Reboot. Go back to that point and add it back in again. -...

Removing BINS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0072_01CA379C.F0CAF860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some thousand of BINS; creating so many problems while doing the = cycle counts because they have zero Qty. on Hand and Zero Beginning = Qty.. when I do the scheduling, I get hundreds of page of report with = zero on hand data. Now as per KB 874145, if there is ZERO on-hand and there is no un-posted = TRX and these bins are not assigned default BINS, these can be deleted. = Guess. No I have use...

User removed from Webport folder access
Hi, Whenever a report is published to Webport, some users would be automatically removed from folders which they have previously been granted access. In every of these cases, we have to delete the user ID, create them again, then assign them to the folders. Does anyone know what's the cause of this problem, and how we can rectify it without having to re-create the user ID, or to prevent this from happening in the first place? We are using Webport 6.5 with Great Plains 7.5 on Windows 2000 SP4. Thanks in advance! ...

Deleting Phantom Lines in Excel
I am finding phantom lines when I print. They are not in the file and don't show up on the print preview. Please help ...

Event when removable drived added/removed
Is there an event that I can subscribe to, to get notified when a removable drive is added or removed? Thanks LS "Lloyd Sheen" <a@b.c> wrote in news:#Xols58hKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Is there an event that I can subscribe to, to get notified when a > removable drive is added or removed? Assume all removables are USB today. :-) Start here: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/DriveDetector.aspx This is a wrapper project for the Windows libraries that work with these drives. Peace and Grace, -- Gregory A. Beamer (MVP) Twitter...