How to Hide inactive accounts

I can't figure out how to hide my 0 balance, inactive accounts.  I'd
especially like them NOT to download to my Pocket PC either.  Anybody know
how to do this?
Thanks,
Bill
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Bill Howell wrote:

>I can't figure out how to hide my 0 balance, inactive accounts.  I'd
>especially like them NOT to download to my Pocket PC either.  Anybody know
>how to do this?

In the Account List, right-click and select account is closed.

I don't know how that affects Pocket PC.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/26/2005 6:37:20 PM
Thanks Cal,
I'll let you know tomorrow whether that affects the PPC sync.
Regards,
Bill

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Bill Howell wrote:
>
> >I can't figure out how to hide my 0 balance, inactive accounts.  I'd
> >especially like them NOT to download to my Pocket PC either.  Anybody know
> >how to do this?
>
> In the Account List, right-click and select account is closed.
>
> I don't know how that affects Pocket PC.

Good afternoon...

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:31:02 -0800, Bill Howell
<BillHowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I can't figure out how to hide my 0 balance, inactive accounts.  I'd
> especially like them NOT to download to my Pocket PC either.  Anybody
> know how to do this?

i'm not running it anymore but when i was it was money 2003 for ppc.  if i
remember correctly, from the today screen setup you could configure which
accounts money should download.

--
Headed for the second star to the right and straight on 'til morning...

   Eric Schultz
   (aka Storkman)

Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/storky1
Homepage: http://www.cameron-schultz.ca

It's in the activesync menu. YOu can uncheck the ones you don;t want copied
across.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or
http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

"Eric Schultz" <NoSpam@ihatespam.org> wrote in message
> Good afternoon...
>
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:31:02 -0800, Bill Howell
> <BillHowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I can't figure out how to hide my 0 balance, inactive accounts.  I'd
>> especially like them NOT to download to my Pocket PC either.  Anybody
>> know how to do this?
>
> i'm not running it anymore but when i was it was money 2003 for ppc.  if i
> remember correctly, from the today screen setup you could configure which
> accounts money should download.
>
> --
> Headed for the second star to the right and straight on 'til morning...
>
>   Eric Schultz
>   (aka Storkman)
>
> Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/storky1
> Homepage: http://www.cameron-schultz.ca

glyn1 (1534)
1/26/2005 8:31:30 PM
You can choose, in Active Sync, which accounts to use on the device.

--
Michael Gordon
MVP

"Bill Howell" <BillHowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Cal,
> I'll let you know tomorrow whether that affects the PPC sync.
> Regards,
> Bill
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Bill Howell wrote:
>>
>> >I can't figure out how to hide my 0 balance, inactive accounts.  I'd
>> >especially like them NOT to download to my Pocket PC either.  Anybody
>> >know
>> >how to do this?
>>
>> In the Account List, right-click and select account is closed.
>>
>> I don't know how that affects Pocket PC.

0
gordonm (1013)

Cancel online updates for a bank account
I have a bank account which is downloaded into Money 2006. I also have a power of attorney on my mother's bank account which is linked to my Social Security number by the same financial institution that holds both accounts. When I set up Money to download the bank account information, it automatically downloads data from both accounts (probably because both accounts are linked by the financial institution by my Social Security number). Money won't let you delete the one account without deleting both accounts since they are with the same bank. You can go in and close the unwante...

Money 2004: Can't balance savings account
Hello, I'm trying to balance my saving account in Money 2004. This is the first time for this account. I fill in all the info such as statement date, ending balance, etc. Then when I hit "next" nothing happens. The dialog stays up and I can't continue. The only way to get out is to hit "cancel" which of course doesn't balance the account. Anybody know what's going on? Thanks, Boaz ...

Hide a text box
On sheet 3 of my workbook I have created a button (button 62) and a text box (textbox 63). What I want to do is use the button to toggle the text box on and off. By that I want to be able to show the box or hide the box. I have tried to copy code from the MS Visual Basic Help but it did not work, basically because I have no idea what I am doing. Can someone lease help? Orf Bartrop Under my Excel - 2000 I don't think you can hide a text box But I hope Im wrong it would be a good idea Steve On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 05:45:55 +0100, Orf Bartrop <orf@southcom.com.au> = wrote: > On...

How do I set up an email alert on a second existing account?
I am using outlook for work email in my name and receive the pop up alerts but i also receive email from a mail box account that i would like to set an alert on. The more i read in the help section the more confused i am! Can anyone help? Alerts only work with the default account. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, WILDCHILD asked: | I am using outlook for work email in my name and r...

Service Pack upgrade without sa logon account, but just DYNSA is it sufficient?
I need to perform GP 10.0 service pack upgrade from SP2 to SP4. And I do not have sa password, but DYNSA is the ownership of DYNAMICS and all others company databases. I have this DYNSA logon account password, I wondering where the upgrading will be able to completed successfully ? Please advice, many thanks in advance. ...

hiding selected rows
I have a list of items QUAN DESC PRICE TOTAL PRICE All the items are listed on the PRICELIST sheet I want to display only those items with QUAN greater than zero on the ESTIMATE sheet. I'd rather do this with some formula which combines IF and HIDE ROW. If necessary, I could use a macro, but I'd rather not (to keep it simple) Thanks, John John Gilchrist wrote... .... >All the items are listed on the PRICELIST sheet > >I want to display only those items with QUAN greater than zero on the >ESTIMATE sheet. > >I'd rather do this with some formula w...

Analytical Accounting Life to Date information
Am I missing something or does analytical accounting not present Life to Date information for dimensions and codes? Thanks, George Hi George, You are correct, analytical accounting presents only Year To Date (YTD) information for dimensions and codes. Thanks, Jonny (MSFT) "GeorgeFD29" wrote: > Am I missing something or does analytical accounting not present Life to Date > information for dimensions and codes? > > Thanks, > George Hi Jonny, It's not right that dimension only has Year to Date information. Since it allows account class to be linked ...

Automatic transfer to Savings account not showing in budget
Another question.... I have an automatic transfer from checking into savings set up in Scheduled Bills. The amount does not show in my budget under actual. Is there a way to show the deposit as a spend so that it will show up in my budget? Again, any help is appreciated. Change the savings account details settings to remove the account from your budget. Then these transfers will show up as transfers out of budget accounts. I wouldn't do that either: Budget Planner is really intended to tell you whether you are getting richer or poorer with time--is money flowing out faster than ...

Find e-mail account info.
I need to know how to get the pop3 and stmp info from both a hotmail and msn account to set up my mail retrevial in outlook. You cannot pop email from hotmail, you need to use HTTPMail. When you setup an account, use the HTTP account type. >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to get the pop3 and stmp info from both >a hotmail and msn account to set up my mail retrevial in >outlook. >. > ...

outlook express- setting an email account
I have created an email account with outlook Ex, and everytime I open my OE a message pops up with a message to enter a user id and password which already exists in the window message. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default...

Account Framework info. in SBF 8.0
Hi All, I have SBF 8.0 databases (in SQL Server 2000) restored on to SQL Server 2005 on my local machine. I want to find out the Account Framework information for SBF. Can anyone tell me what table I should be looking into to get that Information. Also, what are the possible migration paths available with SBF 8.0. Eventually, I have to migrate it to GP 10.0. Is it possible to migrate SBF 8.0 >> GP 8.0 >> GP 10.0 or SBF 8.0 >> GP 9.0 >> GP 10.0 I am note sure if the second migration plan is feasible. Are there any other paths?? Thanks in Advance!! Raj: Th...

hide label\combo box depending on option group selection
I have an option group with 2 radio buttons for running reports. I have a label and combobox that I want to toggle the visibility based upon which radio button is selected. I can't figure out the best way to do it. Any suggestions? TIA Matt Matt First, consider your users. Folks tend to get nervous when things disappear/re-appear. Another approach might be to enable/disable controls, depending on what else is being done. So, radio buttons are part of a group. You can add code behind that group control that checks for which radio button (i.e., option) was s...

Merging MSN Billpay & Money Accounts
Wow, once again MS has released a version not ready for prime-time. It looks as if (as in the past) I may have to be selective of the features I use and don't use. But, before bieng hasty in making my decision, I'd like to give getting things to work a shot. With $04, I was using the MSN Billpay feature from within Money, but not the "My Accounts" feature. I thought I'd give the "My Accounts" feature a shot so that I could download info from institutions that do not provide direct downloads into Money. Anyway, I had to disable the MSN Billpay feature...

Outlook 2003
Due to a crash, I had to re-install the operating system. Once I did that, I re-installed MS Office Professional Edition. All Office applications work fine except for Outlook. I am unable to create email accounts. Tools>Options>Mail Setup gets me to the "Emails Accts" Tab,but when I click that, nothing happens at all. I also tried Tools>Email Accounts and that returns an error msg saying "The Operation Failed due to a Registry or Installation problem". I've restarted Outlook and i've reinstalled Office, but the problem persists. I als...

Excel 2003 Accountibility
I am in need of some experts to guide me in my spreadsheet. I am trying to put an accountibility sheet together and I would like to do this. I have a subject in A1 cell. that is constant. And I have given B1 a constant value. Now In cells C1-H1 I will be inserting a daily count. What I would like to do is put in the count yet I would like for It to total in the cell automaticly. Example. B1=3 and I insert a 5 in C1 and I would like to have it say 15 and in D1 I insert a 3 and I would like for it to say 9. Now At the end of the range of A1-H1 it doesn't have a total. I do not intend ...

Remove/add accounts
We do not have Exchange Server in house, we have Outlook on each of our hard drives. I need help with the following please: How do I remove one user's e-mail information, calendar, etc., from Outlook and Add another user's information? When I attempted to remove the "account", and import the new .pst file, it added the new user's information to the previous user's information. thank you for any assistance. Todd Diamante (615) 251-4674 X225 "Todd" <tdiamante@signaturehealth.com> wrote in message news:102601c36197$d9da8a80$a101280a@phx.gbl >...

how do I update my account activity
I have a bank account set up with Southwest Bank of St. Louis, who offers online banking services through Microsoft Money. I have already set this up on my bank's end and have set up Microsoft Money on my end. I can't seem to find the command that makes Money download all of my recent account activity. Where is it? You can either click the small circle with two arrows in it on the top right of the page and then click on Update Now, or hover to the right of that same small circle and then click on the down arrow that appears. A drop down box will appear with an option Update...

Error sychronizing folder when multiple Hotmail accounts are setup in Outlook 2003
I recently installed Outlook 2003 and was delighted to see that you can finally have multiple Hotmail accounts in Outlook and not just OE. However, I setup multiple hotmail accounts and kept getting errors/locking up after clicking Send/Receive. Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x80070005) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' and Task 'Hotmail (1): Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.&#...

add contacts for account
The contacts tab for accounts seems a little strange: 1) it doesn't list the primary contact (added on the details tab). This has to be added again 2) You cannot add existing contacts only create new ones. The only way to add a contact to an account is to open the contact record and link it to the account. Very odd. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the s...

How to set up hhidden admin account where all email is copied to
I can't remember, and haven't found, the steps to take to set up the hidden account to track every email in and out of the organization. I think it's a registry change, but not sure. Thanks for the help! -- Bob I havent heard about such an account but would be interested in details about it. Alternatively, you can use the Message Tracking tool in the System Manager to track all incoming and outgoing mail. It has to be enabled and configured from the administrative group the Exchange Server lives by right-clicking that server and adjusting the properties. log files will bu...

Outlook 2002 email accounts problems
When I try to send mail from an account other than my default account it gives me an error message and I have to close out. I also can not edit my send/receive groups. Any thoughts? No, I don't have any ideas since none of the things I have tried to solve my problem work. ...

Using Investment "Cash" account for a Savings Account?
I just joined another credit union for the sole purpose of purchasing certificates of deposits there. To maintain a membership, they require that $5 be held in a savings account under my name. When I buy a CD, I have to deposit money into that savings account and then they will immediately transfer it to the CD. Although I could if I wanted to, I have no intention of depositing any other funds to this savings account except with the intent of purchasing CDs. I setup the savings account in Microsoft Money and then added the Ceritificate of Deposit as an investment account. When I did so, Micro...

Outlook 2002 inactive until email or menu are clicked
I am running Outlook 2002 and when I click into the program, no matter what I click, Outlook gets out of its dormant state. I have check to see if the settings for email retrieval and it is set to 1 minute to check a Exchange server. For example: I create an email and hit send. I see that it is in the OUTBOX...after a minute, when Outlook should send the message out, it still is there....I wati for 10 minutes until I click anywhere in the Outlook program window. Then the email in the outbox is sent. Ironically, during the time that I am waiting for the email I actually receive it on my han...

BALANCING A INVESTMENT ACCOUNT
I can't figure out how to balance an investment account. ANy help? In microsoft.public.money, BOB wrote: >I can't figure out how to balance an investment account. >ANy help? You can balance the investment cash transactions register as you would a checking account. When you download positions from your broker, you can do AccountList->GetOnlineStatements->ViewDownloadedBalances. Select an account to check the position information for. This does not put an R in the C column of the Investment Transactions register. You can toggle that R for your own purposes by right-c...

Analytical Accounting Distribution Lines
We have a partnerin Australia who would like to suggestion a functionality which allows you to copy the distribution lines of one analysis transaction to the next line. For example, copy distribution Line 1analysis to Line 2 analysis. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...