How to convert money data file

when i try to convert my money 2003 data file to an
earlier money programe, it keep asking for a  password
which i do not have. any solution ?
0
anonymous (74717)
1/1/2004 4:46:45 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Hi k

It is doing what it is suppose to do

Bob
"k" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to convert my money 2003 data file to an
> earlier money programe, it keep asking for a  password
> which i do not have. any solution ?

0
Arge
1/1/2004 5:51:15 AM
Money isn't backwards compatible. You can't read your M2003 file in an
earlier version.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

"k" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to convert my money 2003 data file to an
> earlier money programe, it keep asking for a  password
> which i do not have. any solution ?

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)
1/1/2004 7:57:25 AM
Thank you Bob. that is what i wanted to know and nobody
ever mention this.

regards

0
anonymous (74717)
1/1/2004 1:47:30 PM
Glad I could help. Mind you it is a damn fool error message!

--

> Thank you Bob. that is what i wanted to know and nobody
> ever mention this.
>
> regards

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)
1/1/2004 2:03:07 PM
Even though Money isn't backwards compatible, there are ways to
accomplish this, but the tradeoff is you lose some information.

The following knowledge base article tells you how, here's a quote: "All
versions of Money can read and write Quicken Interchange Format (QIF)
files. You can use this feature to export your account information from
one version of Money, and then import it into any other version of
Money.".  Research the limits  associated with this (can't do closed
accounts, recurring bills, abbreviations, comments, and Goal Planner
information and such), the following two links have details.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178830&Product=mny

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178465&Product=mny

That second link is misleadingly titled "How to Revert to an Earlier
Version of Money".  You have to read it carefully, because it assumes
you haven't made, or don't need, any changes in the new version file.
But there's a scenario in there that I could see working like this:

1. Take the backup file automatically made before file conversion, and
read into the previous Money version.
2. Export from the new version file only the accounts that have been
updated, that have new transactions, etc.
3. Import from step 2.) into previous version, rename accounts, etc.
where needed.
4. If acocunts span the two file versions, cutoff one account at one
point in time, and then continue it from the imported account.

Hope this helps.

Bob Peel, MVP wrote:

> Money isn't backwards compatible. You can't read your M2003 file in an
> earlier version.

0
Retired

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Can't get money 2002 to open money 98 backup file.
I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we backup money 98 to a floppy, then to our pc in the office we try to restore and no go. Any clues? Pretty much tried everything possible here. Thanx Ben In microsoft.public.money, Ben wrote: >I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money >file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on >diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we >backup money 98 to a flo...

Latest version of Money Deluxe 2006
How do I determine if I have the most recent revision of 2006 Deluxe? I've done searches online but don't see a current version number listed anywhere. Thanks! AFAIK there have been no updates to M2006. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Michael F." <MichaelF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF63C8E-9D71-4E10-9776-897531351A35@microsoft.com... > How do I determine if I hav...

Removal of thousands seperator in downloaded data
I have downloaded data with an open space as thousands seperator, an example is a number like 2 098,67. Excel will not recognize this as a number. How can I remove this thousands seperator so that the number becomes 2098,67? I need to do this to use the data in another program. See other post. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "finney78" <finney78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEE4BBB3-12AB-4DDD-AD0A-F88ADD242B73@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded data with an open space as thousands seperator, an example >...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

MS Money 2007 Deluxe vs Money Plus?
Is their any reason to upgrade? I downloaded the Demo of Plus but it looks just like 2007. I see no reason to drop $30 bucks. I wish they'd get a feature where I can enter a transaction on the money website and then sync when I get home. I like to enter stuff into my account register just as quickly as I can. One extra year before it turns into a pumpkin. The feature you are looking for was there and was removed. Not clear why it was removed--perhaps not enough people used it? Lots of users did find the very presence of the feature a reason to stay awake at night worrying that Bill...

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

publisher: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab del...

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

SOP data entry / setup issue
Make the allow price overrides to only effect the unit price. The allow price markdowns would prevent them from entering markdowns. This would allow users to block unit price changes but still enter markdowns. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...

Attach file vs insert file
I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the file into the body of the email. Any suggestions? TOP wrote: > I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, > Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email > (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the > file into the body of the email. > > Any suggestions?...

MONEY 2004 #52
I HAVE 2 ACCTS FOR ABOVE.I CAN DO ALL THE NECESSARY ENTRIES,ETC.BUT I CAN'T DO THE SAME ON THE SECOND ACCT.FOR SOME REASON,WHEN I START THE SECOND ACCT AND MAKE ALL THE ENTRIES I CAN NOT SAVE THEM,ONLY THE FIRST SHOWS UP.I HAVE SEPERATE NAMES FORT THE 2 ACCTS.WHY CAN'T I SEE THE ENTRIES FOR THE SECOND ACCT.TELL ME WHAT I'M MISSING OR DOING WRONG. THANKS. ...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Cannot display all datas in Line Chart
Hi everybody, I have a chart report , the type is line chart. It shows the values per half hour. the X axis is time (Per Half Hour) , the Y axis is the value for that time. it works well when I select the time between 130 Days , but it wont show the more than 130 days. eg : when I choose to show the data from Oct 22, 2007 to Feb 22, 2008 it shows the data from Oct 22,2007 to Feb 02 , 2008 I cannot get the accurity end data but I can guess it from the values in X axis the values are : Oct 22, Oct 26, Oct 31... ...Jan 22 , Jan 24 , Jan 27 , Jan 29 Please if some one can tell me does the...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Offline Folder File Settings and changed local profile folder path
We have a serious problem with Outlook 2003 and Cached Exchange Mode Situation: - we use roaming profiles - in Outlook the Cached Exchange Mode is activated - the OST-file is saved in the local profile folder A while ago our user names have been changed. On all laptops a local profile folder is created with the old user name. The full path to the OST-file is saved in the mail settings, for example "C:\Documents and Settings\<old user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost" When the user log on to a laptop on which he didn't wor...

Pull data from one form into another
How can I pull an entry placed in a textbox in form 1 into a textbox in form 2, and have the data in the textbox in form 2 change as soon as the data in the textbox in form 1 changes? The change needs to be instantaneous, as the textbox in form 2 will be hidden from the user, so he wont know it is there and wont try to refresh the data himself. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Tom Brown "Tom Brown" <thor177@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in news:468f6df5$0$3101$4c368faf@roadrunner.com: > How can I pull an entry placed in a textbox in form 1 into a > textbox in fo...

Convert

Can I import a windows explorer list of files into an Excel sprea.
I was wondering if it is possible to import the list of files within a particular folder that one sees when using Windows Explorer, into an Excel spreadsheet? I am using WinXP and Office2003. modify to suit Sub GetFileList() Dim iCtr As Integer With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "c:\aa" .SearchSubFolders = True .Filename = ".xls" If .Execute > 0 Then For iCtr = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Cells(iCtr, 1).Value = .FoundFiles(iCtr) Next iCtr End If End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281....