How is your intrect calculated on this loan

I am setting up my Mortgage loan on MS-Money 2003 and
this question has come up with only three options. My
interest in calculated on the 1st of every month not any
of these options. Is there any way I can do this as all
my figures keep calculating wrong using the options given.
0
cennor (1)
7/22/2003 5:32:18 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

"Based on date payment is due" should work for you, unless the due date is
different than the first of the month.

--
Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure?
http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087

"Charles" <cennor@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> I am setting up my Mortgage loan on MS-Money 2003 and
> this question has come up with only three options. My
> interest in calculated on the 1st of every month not any
> of these options. Is there any way I can do this as all
> my figures keep calculating wrong using the options given.

0
bollar (385)

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

Perfoming calculations on answers from pervious calculations
Hi all I have a user who is trying to perform a simple divide to a number of data fields, however this data appears in the field due to a larger calculateion. When she tries to put in the devide she get the orriginal calculation in the cell rather than just the answer from it. I've been told its just a setting but i cant find it!!! Any ideas anyone?? Cheers -- Karl "i'll start being nicer when you start being smarter" Hi maybe 'Tools - Options - Calculation' and check 'Automatic calculation ' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Karl E...

Inserting date calculations

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...

I need help with a formula calculating time
I have a simple spreadsheet calculating the hours worked by a person, In the columns i have start time, end time and hours worked. The columns are formatted into hh:mm. The hours worked are calculated by subtracting end time from start time, based on 24hour clock. This works fine if the hours are worked on the same day, but if the person starts at 18:00 and finishes at 02:00 the subtraction doesnt work. If however i change the formatting of the cells to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm this will work as the date helps. But i feel this would be too much info to enter for each person if i have ov...

Calculation --- What's going on?
Does anyone know how to find out what Excel is doing as it recalculates? I have a large spreadsheet (7+M). When it calculates the completion percentage at the bottom left hand corner pauses at several values (22%, 43%, 92%, ect.) The sheet takes over 30 seconds to recalculate and so far I have not been able to determine why. I thought if I could find out what Excel is recalculating during these pauses it might give me insite as to what's happening. Also, one worksheet in the workbook was copied from another workbook. When I use shift-F9 \, that is the only worksheet that has an...

Calculate Sliding Scale Calculation
I need to be able to calculate a commission as follows: Total Amount=$500 Total Commission (0-$100, 5%)+($101-399, 10%)+(>$400, 15%) This would calculate a different percentage for each of the ranges above and then add them together. I hope I'm making myself clear because I'm confused just writing this. It seems like there should be a very easy way to do this in Excel. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks, Andy See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html In article <1173808418.215657.199740@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>, "Andy" <...

Further timesheet calculation
Frank, you are my absolute hero, I have been trying for ages to sort that one out (see question Timesheet Calculation, Richard Burrow) I new it would be something simple like that. I now have a further question however. I have set the formatted the cell to show the hours worked as a number for example: Start time Finish Time Total Time 8:45 AM 9:00 AM 0.25 It is showing the time worked as 0.25 I appreciate that 0.25 represents a quater of 1, but I want it to display the results as a quater of an hour i.e 0.15 how would this be achieved. Hi then use the formu...

Adding a loan payment to the budget?
I have a car loan that I want to add to the budget but not to the debt reduction planner. How do I do this. I am having a rough time with it. Thanks Well, what have you done? (Assuming recent versions of Money and, if M05 or M06, Advanced Budget.) Loan Payments are typically accompanied by Loan Accounts. If you have defined a Loan Account, it should automatically get in the Budget in the Debt category shown at the bottom. Some of us might argue with how Money treats it, but that's how it does it. "Bgreer5050" <bgreer5050@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Ac3dg.777...

Calculations
Can we multiply two fields from two different forms without using a query. Example from one table the value and from the second table the VAT(in order when the VAT changes to amend only the VAT field) When I try it I'm getting error message. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Why not use an unbound combo box to select the VAT tax rate on 1 form. Then you can multiply it in the AfterUpdate event of the combo. Alternatively it the VAT combo is bound to the table, if you are not using a continuous form or datasheet, you can just multiply the numbers as the contro...

Calculate difference between hours
Hi, I have a sheet with some dates and hours. I need some formula or function that calculates how many time has gone between both hours but knowing that it only must count the hours between 8 A.M and 7 P.M. Example: Date and Hour in cell A1 01-11-2009 10:21 A.M Date and Hour in cell B1 02-11-2009 4:43 P.M The result should be 17:22 hours because we only calculate hours between 8 AM and 7 PM Thank you so much Try =(INT(B1)-INT(A1))*"11:00:00"+MOD(B1,1)-MOD(A1,1) "bren" <srtaele@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2ca02793-61d8-4a24-a1e...

How can I make an automatic calculation in changing sheet?
I regularly print out wrong data from the Excel Sheets because when I change to the sheet needed to be printed, I have to hit F9 for recalculation. I forgot to do it most of the time! Please let me know how to overcome this problem. I sent the workbook to my co-workers and aways got their complain with the feedback "Your sheets are not correct!". Thank you. Pull-down: Tools > Options > Calculation and check Automatic -- Gary's Student "frankmai" wrote: > I regularly print out wrong data from the Excel Sheets because when I change > to the shee...

calculated total in query
I have 2 fields in query. Qty1 and Qty 2. I added Total:qty1+qty2. However, if qty1 has some number but qty2 is blank, my total is blank, instead of just show the sum. In Access You need to use the NZ function to force a ZERO. Or use an IIF clause. Total: Nz(Qty1,0) + Nz(Qty2,0) or Total: IIF(Qty1 is Null,0,Qty1) + IIF(Qty2 is Null,0,Qty2) John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Song wrote: > I have 2 fields in query. Qty1 and Qty 2. I added Total:qty1+qty2. > However, if qty1 has some number b...

issue with Workday Function
From: amran.majid@gmail.com Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel Subject: issue with Workday Function - not calculating workdays correctly! Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:23:03 -0000 hi, trying to use the workday function to calculate the number of workdays from a specific date. i am trying to calculate the 11th working day for each month. it works for October, but not november and december 2006. A1 = 01/10/2006 B1 = 02/11/2006 C1 = 03/12/2006 A2 = WORKDAY(A1,11,Holidays) returns a value of 16/10/2006 which is correct. B2 = WORKDAY(A1,11,Holidays) returns a value of 16/11/2006 which is incorrec...

Calculate form fields...
I have a form with several tables and fields within the tables. I've added buttons to expand/contract the table, enabling users to only see those rows they'll use. This keeps clutter off the page and makes the form more dynamic. I have no issues with this function; it's great! Let's call them Rows 2 through 14 My problem arises when the user clicks the minus button. To prevent data from being stored when it shouldn't, the fields in the deleted row are first cleared, then hidden, then disabled. This prevents tabbers from tabbing through hidden fields. S...

How is your intrect calculated on this loan
I am setting up my Mortgage loan on MS-Money 2003 and this question has come up with only three options. My interest in calculated on the 1st of every month not any of these options. Is there any way I can do this as all my figures keep calculating wrong using the options given. "Based on date payment is due" should work for you, unless the due date is different than the first of the month. -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "Charles" <cennor@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message ...

How do you calculate interest expense on bonds?
Using Excel office on XP. Issued $1mill of 11% 20 year bonds, issued 4-1-04 and paying interest on a yearly bases on 3-31. Need to calculate interest expense for fiscal year ended 9-30-04 assuming a premium of $80,000 amoritized on a streight line bases. Hi, Try having a look at the =PRICE function in help. If this isn't exactly what you need then it should point you in the right direction. HTH, David Jessop "Sprout" wrote: > Using Excel office on XP. Issued $1mill of 11% 20 year bonds, issued 4-1-04 > and paying interest on a yearly bases on 3-31. Need to ...

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated