How do I put it back?

In Microsoft money 2003.  Used to: When I put on my paycheck I would have a
window pop up with seperate catagories, "taxes", "healthcare", ect. there
were four of them.  Now when I put them in I just get one "spit catagories"
window.  I don't know how I changed it or how to change it back.  I can't
even find any support that can/ will help me.  If anyone knows Please let me
know. I will be greatly indeted to you. thank You.
Derek
0
Derek1 (142)
5/27/2005 4:58:10 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

"Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Microsoft money 2003.  Used to: When I put on my paycheck I would have
> window pop up with seperate catagories, "taxes", "healthcare", ect. there
> were four of them.  Now when I put them in I just get one "spit
> catagories"
> window.  I don't know how I changed it or how to change it back.  I can't
> even find any support that can/ will help me.  If anyone knows Please let
> me
> know. I will be greatly indeted to you. thank You.
> Derek

The category may have changed to "Split/Multiple".  If so, change it back to
"Paycheck".

You can also do this to fix past paychecks.  Once the transaction is a
paycheck again, just rightclick and "Move to tab" to move items to the
correct tabs.

--
Scott Tyler
agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com

0
Scott

HELP
Hubby "helped" fix my laptop to handle network issues, and closed lots of TSR stuff on my bottom taskbar. That included my perfectly configured "old style view" quick link to Hotmail. Now I have a huge screen that is hard to read, and my messages open automatically - that is something I wish to avoid at all costs. How do I get my old view back? There is no preferences button to choose, other taskbar buttons are unnecessary, but taking up space. How do I get rid of the right side window, and STOP the messages I highlight from opening immediately in tha...

PUTTING NUMBERS IN A CELL
I AM TRYING TO ENTER A NUMBER THAT BEGINS WITH ZERO'S AFTER I ENTER IT THE ZERO'S DISAPPEAR, HOW DO I KEEP THEM IN Please turn off the CAPS Lock, more than two lines would be extremely difficult to read. Reading caps is annoying. Format the column as text, if the leading zero is important to you then it is an identification not a number. The default alignment for text is left aligned which is also better for most identification "numbers". Credit card numbers are 16 digits, are identification and can not be entered as numbers, ever, because Excel only retains 15 si...

Tape Back-up system
Has anyone using the backup program through Windows had trouble backing up to a tape drive? While using the program it recognizes the tape but does not actually save anything to the tape and gives me a message saying "no new media" or "no unused media" and I'm not sure what that means. There's nothing wrong with the hardware as far as I know since the program recognizes the tape, and the tape is brand new. I can't seem to get past this error message and my IT person doesn't know how to get past it either. Thanks. ...

Can you put white space outside a textbox?
When I put pictures in my publisher file, sometimes I want captions for the pictures. So I make a tiny textbox that I put under the picture, and type in a caption into that textbox. The problem is that I can make the picture have some space to left and right of it so that text doesn't crowd into the picture, but I can't do that with the textbox containing the caption. Is there any way to prevent outside text from crowding the borders of a textbox? You can move that textbox wherever you need. You don't need to leave space inside when you can steer clear of the textbox itself. ...

Using Givex Card in place of actual money back
Is anyone else out there using Givex Card for this purpose in RMS? Our business is setup as a non-profit organization with no refund after the purchase process. Since, we started the Givex gift card program my management has raise the question of using the Givex gift card as a means for allowing the stores to do refund back to a Givex gift card. From Givex Support: "If a customer comes in wanted to do a return rather than returning cash you can put that amount (return) on the gift card which means the store won't loose any funds which have already been collected and you gu...

Where to put SQL statements in VC++ Application
I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in the string table is a good idea. Is there a better place to store these statements?? Thanks in advance for any responses. Dominic Inline in the code, they arnt particually helpful to put in the string table. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov <dominicgualtieri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1129050897.519688.176820@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in...

Backing up the ADC
We want to upgrade our ADC to Exchange 2003 SP1 version. Is there any special process for backing it up? (i.e. open files, should we shut the ADC service off first, do a system state etc.) We just want to make sure we get a good backup, not just garbage... often our guys do a file backup, ignore open files, and assume we can restore. Thanks. ...

Can't change a cell name back
I had a cell named "MP2OZ". It was supposed to be "ML2OZ" for milliliters to ounces. When I noticed the typo, I selected the cell, then clicked in the Name Box, and typed the correct name. As soon as I did it, I realized that this would not change the formulas that use that name. So, I changed it back (to MP2OZ) and then opened up the Name Manager (Ctrl+F3) and tried to change MP2OZ to ML2OZ. The Name Manager says that both the old and new names are already in use and to choose a different name. But the Name Manager only shows the one name (MP2OZ). It does not show ML2OZ....

Put app and icon in task bar?
I have an MFC application that I want to be able to put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop up the dialog when selected from the task bar. This app is intended to be run from the start up menu and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other start items... Pointers on how to please... By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by default appears on the bottom right of the screen)? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message news:#g1K8UgEFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I...

Free Busy Publishing time keeps going back to the 2 month default
A user adjusts his calendar to publish 12 months Free Busy data (2 months is the default). The changes don't take effect. Running the CleanFreeBusy forces it to work, in other words after the CleanFreeBusy switch is used users can few his 12 months of F/B data. However after 2 - 3 hours the setting returns to the default of 2 months. No other mailboxes are opening his and other users have the same symptom. If he runs the cleanfreebusy switch again it works but once again this turns out to be only a temporary fix. After a couple of hours his calender is only advertising 2 months even ...

Budget Settings Not Backed UP????
I have restored my money file from one machine to another, but the budget settings don't carry over. is there a way for me to do this? i am also wanting to upgrad from 2005 to 2006, but if i can't get my budget settings to transfer then i don't want to. Please advise. It ought to work but as a workaround try copying your .mny file from one machine to another rather than using backup. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specif...

Possible to sync Access front end to Sql Server 2000 back end using Access?
I work with Access front ends and a SQL Server 2000 backend. Everything works just fine when we collect data in-house because it is saved directly onto our SQL Server. The problem now is that we are going to collect data outside of our office, where we won't be able to connect to our SQL server. I can set up the respective tables in Access so that the data is collected within the Access database itself, but then I need to sync the data collected on our laptops to our SQL Server database. Is it possible to set up something within Access itself that would allow me to sync the the Access da...

outlook ka-put
After I installed the service pack updates for Microsoft XP, my Outlook has been uable to send or receive any email. I have gotten a few error messages: "unable to connect to network," "server found but did not respond." etc. What the heck do I do? ...

Backing Up OL 20003
I must do a clean install of XP pro. I have done this before. However, I have upgraded to OL 2003 including BCM and have forgotten how to back up all the files from OL Newsreader as well as all the OL data. Please tell me the steps to take to backup OL & BCM before I reformat. Thank you. Mary I. <maryi127@aol.com> wrote: > However, I have upgraded to OL 2003 including BCM and have forgotten > how to back up all the files from OL Newsreader as well as all the OL > data. Please tell me the steps to take to backup OL & BCM before I > reformat. OL's newsreader...

Where to put error handler code for "No current record" error?
Hello, to brighten the essence of my current problem I woud like to describe the situation from scratch. I use Acess 2007. I have two tables 'tblOrders' and 'tblOrderDetails' linked as ODBC tables from MS SQL 2000 Server. Both tables have primary keys: 'tblOrders' has 'orderId' primary key and 'tblOrderDetails' has a pair 'orderId' and 'itemId' as primary key. On server there is also a foreign key constraint defined on key 'orderId' between both tables. In access I have a main form 'frmOrders' bounded to 'tblOr...

How do I put it back?
In Microsoft money 2003. Used to: When I put on my paycheck I would have a window pop up with seperate catagories, "taxes", "healthcare", ect. there were four of them. Now when I put them in I just get one "spit catagories" window. I don't know how I changed it or how to change it back. I can't even find any support that can/ will help me. If anyone knows Please let me know. I will be greatly indeted to you. thank You. Derek "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9D38C7E-D837-4376-99D3-79C760EC4F85@mic...

how to put constraints in excel
how to put constraints in excel You need to be more specific in your question. Perhaps Data Validation, on the Data menu, will do what you want. This will allow users to enter only values in a range of numbers in a cell. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "structures" <structures@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFC87EE4-BC1A-4F88-9E35-0EB42F42881C@microsoft.com... > how to put constraints in excel ...

Put % in ( )

Backing up files
What files do i need to backup I backup picture files on A dvd/cd now,but i understad there are more. Any suggestions? Thanks Dick wrote: > What files do i need to backup > I backup picture files on A dvd/cd now,but i understad there are > more. > > Any suggestions? Technically - if you have your installation media for all of your applications that you utilize, their product keys/serial numbers, a method *external* to your hard disk drive to restore the system 'as shipped' or at least install the Operating System (Windows XP I assume) - then all ...

Excel as front end and SQL Server as back end
I read some documentation on the web today about using Excel as front end and SQL Server as back end. Actually, this link was pretty good: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321686 This is pretty good too: http://bytes.com/topic/sql-server/answers/486783-updating-sql-server-Table-using-excel This is very good; gets pretty complicated though: http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/t-sql-programming/sql-server-excel-workbench/ I’m still pretty confused about how it all works. I found a sample of VBA online that lets me import a couple columns from a Table: Sub Import() ' Decla...

How do put a Logo on the Receipt
Is there anyway I acn put a logo on my Receipt. If I remember I simply copied out the file pos_symbol.gif in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\HTML\Images to get the size, and then renamed that file, uploaded one of my own. Chris "al" wrote: > Is there anyway I acn put a logo on my Receipt. that did not worked, can you be more detailed about it "Chris" wrote: > If I remember I simply copied out the file pos_symbol.gif in C:\Program > Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\HTML\Images to get > the ...

Excel Pivot table
Hi, I hope somebody can help - I'm new to the forum so please be gentle - and thanks in advance. I'm sure there is a simple solution to this, but I'm now starting to bang my head! Here goes - Using Excel 2003 - Importing data from SQL server database. The users love the ability to be able to chop and change the data but have asked for an addition. When the pivot table is first opened, you are presented with the skeleton template (that's what I'm calling it anyway). So the user drags fields from the pivot table list into data rows and data columns to s...

putting photos into autoshapes
I publish a newsletter for a charity and would like to improve and vary the presentation. How do I make a standard photo go into an oval or other autoshape? I have done it once but can't recreate it. I have windows XP, publisher 03 and works suite 04. My photos are usually JPEG. Select the shape, fill, fill effects, picture tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "christiredlady(removethis)@aol.com" <christiredlady(removethis)@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:069B7725-3...

I need to pull out a users email from Exchagne 2003 and put it into a .pst
I think I'm supposed to use ExMerge.exe, but when I try to run it, I get the error: "This application has failed to start because EXCHMEM.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem". I found the application at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1c12d67327d5&displaylang=en I installed it into "Program Files\exchsrv\bin" Never mind.... "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote in message news:e7iaMaxYGHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I think I'm suppose...

Exchange and bounce back emails
Hello everyone, I have recently setup an exchange 2003 server. Email seems to be working properly people can send and receive mail. But my client has been driving me nuts. Some users claim that some messages are being bounced back to the originating senders. They are accounts outside of the domain. I am wondering why this is occuring. The ISP is Covad. I'm not sure if there is a pointer record setup on external DNS, but obviously there are MX and A records. Is it possible that Covad is blocking certain domains? Or am I crazy and there is an easy fix to this? Thanks for any he...