Home LOC & Renovations (Canadian version)

I am having trouble getting the right value for the equity
in our home in the Home asset account. The account was
initially set up from the opening of the LOC which shows up
as a debit amount because of it being a Transfer
transaction from the LOC opened up at the bank. On the
initial purchase and LOC entries the equity showed up as
the right value (albeit a debit instead of a credit value).
However, now that we are doing renovations and I wish to
apply the expenses to increase the equity the transactions
end up decreasing the amount of the equity instead of
increasing it.

Any suggestions? or just do the BFI method and keep a
mental tab on the value....

As well, how can I manipulate a scheduled transaction in an
online account that isn't a constant value. Right now I am
just cancelling the scheduled transaction and accepting the
online one with the right categories/class/etc.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
0
anonymous (74721)
6/1/2004 1:12:54 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Canadian Payroll #2
Couple of problems that we are facing with Canadian Payroll, wonder if someone can help us: 1. We were unable to find any cheque form which include advise. We can see such a form in US Payroll but not in Cdn Payroll. There are three forms for Canadian Payroll, all of them say see advise for details. 2. The employee count is incorrect on our machine. There are no companies with the employees set except for Frabricam and it still says that the total number of employees allowed has exceeded. 3. When we backup the data from clients machine and restore on our machine, the control settings ...

Trial Version??
I paid for 2005 Deluxe with my credit card, downloaded and installed. However, after installation when I start Money, it says I have the trial version. My MSN billing statement shows that it was paid for and I have a confirmation email. I can't figure out why I don't have the "full" version and have read nothing about "regeistering" the newer version. I previously used Money 2000 and had to upgrade due to my financial instituion. I have tried re-installation from the downloaded file but I get a message saying the version I am trying to install is older th...

Can I use Windows XP Home for Commercial ?
i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people told me that it is okay using Windows XP Home for commercial but it just that we cannot fully utilize the feature of the Windows i.e. joined domain ...etc I also cannot find anything in Windows XP Home EULA that the Home edition is only for NON-Commercial use. Can anyone clarify this to me ? Jim wrote: > i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows > XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people > told ...

Making 2003 personal home page
In the previous version of outlook a view could be created where you could see folders (left), tasks (bottom right), calendar (top right) and today's appointments (middle). I really liked this view. Can this view be created using outlook 2003? You're probably talking about Outlook Today. that's still there in Outlook 2003. Navigate to the top folder in your folder tree and you should still be able to see it. There was no other way inherent in Outlook to create such a view so I'm assuming that's what you're looking for. Anything else would have been an add-in creat...

Home inventory?
I am using Money Deluxe 2006 on a XP home 512 mb computer. I am a newbie. I would like to use the home inventory part of Money. I looked into "My Money" and somewhere on that screen, I am supposed to click on I believe "My home inventory". Where on the screen do I click on "My home inventory". Thanks I got the directions from the help section of money 2006 deluxe. In microsoft.public.money, Charles Eaves wrote: >I am using Money Deluxe 2006 on a XP home 512 mb computer. >I am a newbie. >I would like to use the home inventory part of Money. >I l...

Files created from previous versions appear blank
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on my Mac (running OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard) and when I load worksheets created in Excel 2001 or open excel attachments from mail, the worksheets appear blank. The underlying cell contents are there but do not display although some of the formatting can be seen. If I format cells and use another font I can see the contents (although this sometimes requires two or three attempts) <br><br>Any Ideas? ...

Error msg "error accessing file" /Access 2000 / Windows Xp home edition
Hello, I have a field called Job_date, on the detail part of a "Master & detail" form, which has been fine. I have it set to show "to-days date" when double clicked .. i.e. an event procedure runs. All of a sudden I am getting the msg "Error access file. Network connection may have been lost" when I double click the field. I am not on a network, have a network card connected to my internet cable modem. I also got the msg when I tried to add a new field to the form in the Master area, also when I go in to try and change to event procedure code. Have...

Anonymouse Sharing XP Home, Vista Home, 7 Home Premium
Hi, I'm having an issue sharing files between my three machines (there are actually none windows machines as well using SMB share). They all work with each other except "Windows 7" is misbehaving. Everyone is prompted for a password to browse the 7 machine, and 7 is asked for password when it tries to look at any other device. This is obviously a "password encryption" thing that I have run into before, but now I cannot seem to find a solution. I have the following changes to Windows 7: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa LmCompatibilityLevel=...

Product feedback on 2006 version
This is not really a support issue, but I couldn't find anywhere more appropriate to give product feedback. This is intended as constructive criticism. I have been a satisfied Money user since version 1 and have used many of the versions in between. I just upgraded about a month ago from 2003 to 2006 and have to say - I have had a lot of frustration with the new version. Nothing earth-shattering, just user experience stuff. 1) Is there another Microsoft program that Alt-F, X doesn't exit the program? In Money 2006, this gives you the Export to Tax feature. Alt-F, C for Clos...

canadian payroll
I was wondering if you are working on a solution for the web ROE that HRDC is using.HRDC is going to stop support for the Laser ROE and recommends or clients tp use the web ROE.We do have several client that will need this feature. We tried to upload the data but the format is wrong.Leaving our clients to manually hand write ROEs.Thanks, Thargelia G Romero ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the b...

Share database over home network?
I have a home network with both machines running Win XP and MS Money 2006. I keep track of things on one computer, but now, with the computers networked properly together through a router, I would like to share the database that resides on one machine for the user of another machine to view and edit if need be. Is this possible and if so, then how? How can I keep it secure in the event that a hacker gets into one or more machines (have never had that issue, but best safe than sorry)? Any other suggestions and whatnot with this kind of setup? I plan on keeping a tally on about 5 accounts...

Excel viewer for XP Home
Could someone please tell me which Excel Viewer to download to work with XP Home. On the Excel website I see one that works for 2000 but nothing specific for XP. Thanks. XP Home and 2000 do not describe the same software. XP Home is a MS Windows version, 2000 is a MS Office version. I would download the viewer and give ita try. I expect it will work. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ XP Home & Windows 2000 are both operating systems. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "BrianB" <BrianB.ymivb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Brian...

best home based business

Home Mortgage and Home Asset setup
I have able to configure my home mortgage correctly, and include that account inside in the account settings for Home asset, but the result was the software does not give me the correct value of the home as he compound the total purchase value with the amount I paid as deposit, any idea? thanks. ...

home-cinema-installers.co.uk home cinema installations
do you want a perfect 'home cinema installations' (http://www.home-cinema-installers.co.uk) then we give you a excellent service. THX! -- Orereesic ...

Home Inventory in Money 2007
I'm disappointed that Microsoft hasn't taken the Home Inventory portion of Money more seriously, like Quicken has. Money's Home Inventory section is little more than a spreadsheet, and it does not even show up on installation; you have to unhide it by adjusting your home page display settings. After loading in over 300 home inventory items, I was shocked to realize that there are NO reports and NO way to export to the data to Excel. Does anyone have a solution? Signed, Screwed Perhaps copy/paste. "jpd2112" <jpd2112@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

I can't open Outlook Express on home computer
I am not sure if this newsgroup can help, but I can't open outlook express. I use version 5.0 from office 2000. My operating system is Windows ME. I have checked all .DBX files are not read only and have tried regenerating the Identities Registry Key. I have even tried downlowding a the program again. I don't know what else to do, it is getting tiresome always going through webmail to access my email. Thanks, Laura-Lee Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook E...

Excel version compatible with Excel for PPC
I have a PPC with Excel for PPC on it, I do not have Excel on my laptop. I haven't been able to sync or send from the ppc to my laptop and get the spreadsheet to open. I want to get Excel for my laptop but can't get a straight answer anywhere as to which version to get as so it would be easily compatible. I do NOT need a complicated and advanced program just one that will allow me to download a few templates and use the most basic of functions. I'm on a tight budget so If I can accomplish this with a older lessor version then Hurray for me! Any help appreciated! When you g...

view exchange email at home
Outlook 2003 is running in cache mode but when away from the office I can't login with my office profile (not connected to the server). How can I view my email when away from the office? Where is Outlook/Exchange storing my mail on my computer? Outlook/Exchange has a function where you can download your mails int your laptop (I assume you are using a laptop)... It's called offlin something... I have vague memory of the name :p You need to activat it when you are in the office. The other way (which I personally prefer) is Outlook Web Access. Th interface is very similar to t...

Ctrl + Home
I am used to the "ctrl + home" key combination taking me to the cell A1 of sheet A. In Excel, it only takes you to the cell A1 of the sheet you are in at the time. Is there another key combination that takes the place of Ctrl + Home in QPW and takes you to Cell A1 in the Sheet A or do I need to program that into a macro and stick it on a toolbar somewhere? Thanks, Bruce There is no built-in shortcut to take you to the first worksheet's cell A1. You could, of course, press Ctrl-PgUp a number of times to get to the first worksheet, and then press Ctrl-Home. The code for ...

Spell check halted on OE 6 / Win XP Home
Hi all, I keep getting an error whenever I send an email from Outlook Express 6. The error says - The spell check on this document was halted. Do you wish to send it anyway?. I would like to have the email system automatically scan for misspelled word, etc so how do I get this fixed? Thanks How To Fix spell checking in Outlook Express 6 http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm Spell Checker Not Working in Windows XP http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xp_oe.htm#xp_spell_checker -- Dian...

windows xp Home installation
I'm trying to install Xp home into Asus P5P43TD but when there is left 4 minutes to finish installation process (save configurations) it doesn't complete remaining in health state infact I can move mouse. Bu can you suggest me way to solve this problem ? i tried with several cd "Riccardo" <ric.castellani@alice.it> wrote in message news:0ea7c357-5b17-4c66-a194-b2818c9b0ca8@w31g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to install Xp home into Asus P5P43TD but when there is left > 4 minutes to finish installation process (save configurations) it > d...

Downloadable upgrade to 2005 showing as a trial version?????
Has anyone run across this problem? I downloaded the upgrade to 2005 and now it say that it is a trial version. If you know of a fix please let me know. I hope you get an answer on this Dan because I just had the same thing happen to me and wasn't able to get any help from Microsoft. "Dan W" wrote: > Has anyone run across this problem? I downloaded the upgrade to 2005 and now > it say that it is a trial version. If you know of a fix please let me know. In microsoft.public.money, Dan W wrote: >Has anyone run across this problem? I downloaded the upgrade to 2005 a...

Office Mac 2007/2008 Home & Student Edition Downloadable
I have 2 remaining licenses for the above mentioned software(s), but the cds are with my daughter out-of-state. Can I download the 2008 version and use my product keys? Thank you. On 3/5/08 6:56 PM, in article ee8fe90.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Big_Bouli@officeformac.com" <Big_Bouli@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have 2 remaining licenses for the above mentioned software(s), but the cds > are with my daughter out-of-state. Can I download the 2008 version and use my > product keys? You can't download Office 2008. It would require new keys. The keys you have are ...

New Date Range on My Money Home Page
Using Money 2005. The "My Money" Home Page is now showing me a mid-Jan to mid-Feb view as opposed to a Feb to date view as I would want. I know how to cusotmize this on reports and the like, but I cannot seem to change the default date range on the My Money page. Thanks.... ...