hide/close/delete shared account

(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up
money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the
forum.)

i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't
want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing"
it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to
"categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there.
0
kch (5)
11/14/2008 4:37:16 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

The problem here is that Money is designed (and Money Essentials (MEss) even
more so) for the most mainstream case and that case wants every account
downloaded. Microsoft seems to feel that more granular control adds a cost
and complexity and user support costs (since every feature they add causes
people to call up needing help) and they don't want to go there.

IF you abandon a) MEss for Deluxe, and b) the notion that the only way to
get the data into Money is to download it, THEN you can get total control
over how Money depicts the data. This of necessity entails putting some more
effort into the problem. But as many users come to know, downloading
transaction data does not solve all problems and does create some of its
own.

In microsoft.public.money, kch wrote:

>(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up
>money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the
>forum.)
>
>i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't
>want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing"
>it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to
>"categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there.

See if you can delete the existing transactions from that shared
account. Then close the account within Money. In Money Plus that
would prevent the account from showing transactions in reports, and
prevent its downloading new transactions from the bank. I hope it is
the same in Essentials.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/14/2008 5:07:40 AM
cal, i think money plus may be the answer, but i'm going to try your
recommendation. can you delete existing transactions while you are
"categorizing my transactions," or do i do that from a separate function?
thanks.

dick, is there more information somewhere are using money ess without
downloading? i'm open.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, kch wrote:
>

> >(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up
> >money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the
> >forum.)
> >
> >i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't
> >want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing"
> >it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to
> >"categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there.
>
> See if you can delete the existing transactions from that shared
> account. Then close the account within Money. In Money Plus that
> would prevent the account from showing transactions in reports, and
> prevent its downloading new transactions from the bank. I hope it is
> the same in Essentials.

0
kch (5)
11/14/2008 12:26:02 PM
MEss is designed strictly to download data. That's why I said you'd have to
convert to Deluxe.

> is there more information somewhere are using money ess without
> downloading? i'm open.

In microsoft.public.money, kch wrote:

>cal, i think money plus may be the answer, but i'm going to try your
>recommendation. can you delete existing transactions while you are
>"categorizing my transactions," or do i do that from a separate function?
>thanks.

In Money Plus, there is an AccountList view. From there, for the
unwanted account, you would right-click where it says
TransactionsToRead, and then click Delete Statement. No need to
supply a category first.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Cannot close MS Outlook 2002 Archive Folder
Yesterday while I was archiving data in Outlook from my .pst file to an archive .pst file, my computer locked up & I had to re-boot my machine. (FYI - I don't think my computer lock-up was due to the Outlook archiving.) After I rebooted my machine and re-opened Outlook, the archive folder was still open. I can still view the data in the archive file. However, I cannot close the archive folder. When I try to close the archive folder, I receive an error messages stating "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Any ideas on how I can actually get the ...

A replacement for about-to-be-closed NGs
Greets, To those of us who, for whatever reason, are still using "unsupported" technologies, these news groups are a valuable resource. The quasi-related forums to which Microsoft has invited us are hardly replacements, posts about 'classic' technologies will be OT, and I'm sure pretty much everyone who posts questions about them would rather see responses more meaningful than, "consider upgrading to [something that is still supported]." In hopes of filling the void that will be left by these pending closures, I've added a section to a forum I...

deleting blank rows for up to 60000 rows of data
I have worksheets with up to 60000 rows in one column I have tried using the following macro from this site and it does not do anything. Any ideas?: Sub Sonic() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = Lastrow To 1 Step -1 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(i)) = 0 Then Rows(i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next i .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic .ScreenUpdating = True End With End Sub Hi, The code works f...

"Sharing" views with teams
Hi all! If I understand the concept of sharing views, I should be able to share a certain view with selected teams, thus preventing members of other teams from using this view? It doesn´t seem to work for me. I share a view with one or two teams, but still all users can use the view anyway. What can be wrong? Or is it just me not understanding this correctly... -- Per Holgersson Consultant - database solutions Stockholm, Sweden Have you published the changes on the CRM-server and reset the IIS? Greetz, Mattijs "Per H" wrote: > Hi all! > > If I understand th...

Deleting a Batch from company DB table SY00500
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C96F54.F7568BB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to see all the TRX in a Batch saved in SY00500. Also, what if we delete a batch in SY00500 will there be any other place = to look for; besides this? I had a batch sitting here for a long time = and there were few (3) trxs ( Sales Credits) in it as well. I wonder if I could retrieve those one by one and then delete them as = well as these belong to a fiscal period which is closed plus we...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

Error during remote deleting records
Hello, during deletions of huge amount of records from tables located on remote DB server following error message is appear: T0: TCP Provider: The semaphore timeout period has expired. The DELETE command is executed directly on the SQL server, remotely is called just stored procedure which is perform the deletion. The DELETE is made in a batches of 10000 records. Could you please help me with the problem? Thank you very much for any response. Best regards, Richard Hi You mean that you run the procedure on remote machine to delete the rows ? "Lukino&quo...

hide my name

Hotmail & MSN E-mail Accounts
I have e-mail accounts at both MSN.com and Hotmail.com that I can no longer access using Outlook 2002 sp3 on a XPsp2 operating system. This problem started many months ago and I'm finally feed up and looking for some answers. I continue to get requests to verify my usernames and passwords. Inputting these items again does not help to get even one download. Using an old MS Explorer 7.02 browser and the same usernames and passwords, I am able to retrieve the e-mail. There are problems with this browser that prevent me from retrieving certain links within the e-mails. In times past, Outlo...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Retention calculation in Project Accounting
If retention percentage is changed/amended in the mid of project, the calculation of retention does not meet the industry requirements. In the industry practice, the percentage is always reduced. Below is the sample scenario: Example: Project Fee: $1000 Retention: 10% First month Billing: $200 Retention: 10% X $200 = $20 Receivables: $180.00 Before second billing is done, the retention is changed to 5%. In second month, additional $100 can be billed. Second billing calculation in GPS is billed is as follows: Billable = $100 Retention: 5% = $5.00 Receivables = $95....

Trouble with Closing a Quote through SDK
I have succesfully changed the the quote to active, now I need to add functionality to close it. I have attempted to do this 2 different ways. Both methods return the generic "Unexpected Error" message. It kind of makes sense that the second one might fail since the object does not exist in the quoteclose entity, however, I was hoping that CRM might be smart enough to create it. method 1: Public Function SetQuoteclose(ByVal qte As quote) As Boolean Dim closequote As New CloseQuoteRequest Dim success As Boolean Dim crmserv As New CrmService() T...

Junk E-mail no longer moves to Deleted Items
I installed a small spam filter program that gave me a new toolbar. However, it did not appear to work, and after installing, the mail marked as 'Junk' or 'Adult Content' is no longer moved directly to the Deleted Items folder. Any ideas on how to correct this? Thanks Andy ...

Activesync and Outlook shared folders....
I have a customer that has shared his calendar and contacts in Outlook 2003 on the companies SBS2k3 exchange server. His assistant needs that info loaded on her iPaq PDA. I know that you can't do this with subfolders or public folders. BUT SHARED folders are neither subfolders or public folders so what are they and WHERE are they? This whole issue with being limited to what can be sync'ed on a PDA through ActiveSync is getting ridiculous. I found an application called Beyond Contacts from www.dataviz.com that will let you sync any item in your post office box for a Palm devi...

User Account deleted
My nephew deleted my admin user account trying to bypass the parental controls. Now when anyone else tries to use the computer after his allowed time it will not let anyone connect to the internet. Can I restore this user account so that I can change the time limits and the parental controls. There is nothing in the recycle bin so he deleted everything. Is there a master admin password that I can use to change all the parental controls need help with the issue. Can not find original disks so I can not reinstall windows to fix. Windows vista home premium on gateway laptop. ...

delete financials
Is there a way to delete all financial information in 1 company and start over. GP7.5 Create a new database and copy all the infrastructure from the old company to the new company - but not the data. You can use an Automated Solution from CustomerSource that will do all the copying for you. "Ben Hamel" wrote: > Is there a way to delete all financial information in 1 company and start > over. GP7.5 Thank You "lk" wrote: > Create a new database and copy all the infrastructure from the old company to > the new company - but not the data. You can us...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Sharing data between threads
Hi, I have a problem relating to sharing data between multiple threads. Basically, the problem I'm having is that I have a instance of a class I defined myself. I am spawning a child thread that runs a class function. ie. something like: CreateThread(NULL, 0, (LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE)staticChildThread, (LPVOID)this, 0, &m_dwChildID); //staticChildThread is a member of the class This function alters class members as it is processing. The problem I'm having is that when I try to read these class members from the main thread, the values are unchanged. It is not until the very en...

deletion service in 4.0
I can't find a deletion service for CRM 4.0 and from everything that I've read, it appears that it has been lumped into the Async service. We are having a problem where our deleted records are being deleted from the tables. The Async service is running and I don't see any errors in the event viewer. Does anyone know how to get this running? No compendo:- "We are having a problem where our deleted records are being deleted from the tables" Thats the idea, isn't it? "Jeanenne" <Jeanenne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90D625FF-...

Email account still exist after deleting it.
I deleted several accounts in Exchange 2003 and made sure it has been replicated to all three DCs. For some reason the email account still exist. I look at the Active directory users and computers but could not find any references to the name. I am not sure why the email still goes to the person even though delete the account and email. Is there a way for me to make sure the account and email is permanently deleted? I ran the cleanup agent on exchange and that did not help. Any help would be appreciative. what do you mean "email still goes to the person"? how can it? d...

closing windows
Hi I'm using Office XP Pro under windows 2000. With multiple Excel (2002) windows open, clicking on the Close button closes all the windows while clicking on the close window button only closes that window. That seems reasonable, but in Word, clicking on the Close button only closes that wondow. Is there some setting to customise this? Thanks Brad I don't think so. Brad wrote: > > Hi > > I'm using Office XP Pro under windows 2000. With multiple > Excel (2002) windows open, clicking on the Close button > closes all the windows while clicking on the cl...

Outlook hangs up and won't close completely
After using Outlook, and closing via the "X" in upper right, the program does not close. I can check and confirm this via Task Manager. When I then try to shut down the system, I get the "please wait" advisory, while TM shuts down Outlook. This can take a bit, as sometimes there may be 5-6 instances of Outlook "running" in the TM processes tab, with sizes from 40KB to 16,000+KB. I can shut down the individual outlook processes via TM. Have virus scanned the system (P4 2.2GHz, Win XP Pro). Am also running AOL IM for daughter. TIA, Dave ...