Help with online services in money Plus

Ok I have two problems.

1. I have two accounts setup to use MSN Bill Pay and I want to add a new
account to this service and I don't remember how to do this and have
searched all over and can't find the anwser.  I have added the account
online in bill pay and confirmed it but can't get the EPAY option in the
account in Money Plus

2. How do you modify an account's details once you use it to pay an online
bill.  I have an account that I need to change the account number and it
will not let me.  I have another that I can't change the address.

    Here is what I do:
    1. Start Money.
    2. Open the Payee List.
        . In Microsoft Money 2005 and later versions, click Banking, click
Account Tools, click Categories & Payees, and then click Payees.
        . In Microsoft Money 2004 and earlier versions, click Accounts &
Bills, click Categories & Payees, and then click Payees.
    3. Find the payee that is causing the failure and click Go To Payee.
    4. Click Change Details and Payment Options.
    5. Select Online Billing Details from the drop down menu, and then click
OK.
    6. Click the Address tab, and then change the account number, by
removing all the dashes in the account number.
    7. If you have a Funds Transfer tab and a Payee ID tab, make sure that
you change the account number on these tabs also.
    8. Click OK, and then click Done.

Problem is on Step 5 when I click OK - NOTHING happens so I can't do
anything except cancel.

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Ok still need help on item 1 but figured out a work around on Item 2 here is
what I did:
    1. Open the Account List.
    2. Open the account that you used to record payments to the specific
payee.
    3. Click to select the Show Transaction Forms check box.
    4. Click one of the transactions that you recorded with the specific
payee.
    5. Click Options, and then click Edit Address.
After doing this I could even go back to the original steps below and it
would then allow me to click ok and actually give me account details and
allow me to edit information!
One thing I noticed before when going to edit the details as described below
my options for selection were:
    (account name which I pay from) Online Billing Details
After doing the above this changed to:
    MSN Bill Pay - Online Billing Details
Then I can click ok.

"jamie" <kokopelli2305@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok I have two problems.
>
> 1. I have two accounts setup to use MSN Bill Pay and I want to add a new
> account to this service and I don't remember how to do this and have
> searched all over and can't find the anwser.  I have added the account
> online in bill pay and confirmed it but can't get the EPAY option in the
> account in Money Plus
>
> 2. How do you modify an account's details once you use it to pay an online
> bill.  I have an account that I need to change the account number and it
> will not let me.  I have another that I can't change the address.
>
>    Here is what I do:
>    1. Start Money.
>    2. Open the Payee List.
>        . In Microsoft Money 2005 and later versions, click Banking, click
> Account Tools, click Categories & Payees, and then click Payees.
>        . In Microsoft Money 2004 and earlier versions, click Accounts &
> Bills, click Categories & Payees, and then click Payees.
>    3. Find the payee that is causing the failure and click Go To Payee.
>    4. Click Change Details and Payment Options.
>    5. Select Online Billing Details from the drop down menu, and then
> click OK.
>    6. Click the Address tab, and then change the account number, by
> removing all the dashes in the account number.
>    7. If you have a Funds Transfer tab and a Payee ID tab, make sure that
> you change the account number on these tabs also.
>    8. Click OK, and then click Done.
>
> Problem is on Step 5 when I click OK - NOTHING happens so I can't do
> anything except cancel.

Ok I now have two accounts showing up in money called:
MSN Bill Pay Checking
MSN Bill Pay Checking #2

Could one of these be the account I'm looking for?  I also have another
account that I have setup in bill pay.  If this is what these are how do I
link them to the actual accounts?

Jamie
"jamie" <kokopelli2305@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok I have two problems.
>
> 1. I have two accounts setup to use MSN Bill Pay and I want to add a new
> account to this service and I don't remember how to do this and have
> searched all over and can't find the anwser.  I have added the account
> online in bill pay and confirmed it but can't get the EPAY option in the
> account in Money Plus
>
> 2. How do you modify an account's details once you use it to pay an online
> bill.  I have an account that I need to change the account number and it
> will not let me.  I have another that I can't change the address.
>
>    Here is what I do:
>    1. Start Money.
>    2. Open the Payee List.
>        . In Microsoft Money 2005 and later versions, click Banking, click
> Account Tools, click Categories & Payees, and then click Payees.
>        . In Microsoft Money 2004 and earlier versions, click Accounts &
> Bills, click Categories & Payees, and then click Payees.
>    3. Find the payee that is causing the failure and click Go To Payee.
>    4. Click Change Details and Payment Options.
>    5. Select Online Billing Details from the drop down menu, and then
> click OK.
>    6. Click the Address tab, and then change the account number, by
> removing all the dashes in the account number.
>    7. If you have a Funds Transfer tab and a Payee ID tab, make sure that
> you change the account number on these tabs also.
>    8. Click OK, and then click Done.
>
> Problem is on Step 5 when I click OK - NOTHING happens so I can't do
> anything except cancel.

These are the accounts.  Is this how I should do it or do I do it some other
way?  What is the recommended way when first adding a new account to get
these features working together?

Combining Accounts in the Same Money File
To combine accounts in the same Money file, use the appropriate method for
your version of Money.

In Money 2002 and later, click Copy to Account.
3. Double-click Account B to move the transaction.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 until all transactions from Account A have been
moved to Account B.
Account A should now have no transactions.

Jamie

In microsoft.public.money, jamie wrote:

>These are the accounts.  Is this how I should do it or do I do it some other
>way?

In Money Plus, click AccountList->MergeDuplicateAccounts to combine
a new online account with an existing account.

>  What is the recommended way when first adding a new account to get
>these features working together?
>
>Combining Accounts in the Same Money File
>To combine accounts in the same Money file, use the appropriate method for
>your version of Money.
>
>In Money 2002 and later, click Copy to Account.
>3. Double-click Account B to move the transaction.
>4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 until all transactions from Account A have been
>moved to Account B.
>Account A should now have no transactions.
>
>Jamie
>
>"jamie" <kokopelli2305@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ok I now have two accounts showing up in money called:
>> MSN Bill Pay Checking
>> MSN Bill Pay Checking #2
>>
>> Could one of these be the account I'm looking for?  I also have another
>> account that I have setup in bill pay.  If this is what these are how do I
>> link them to the actual accounts?
>>
>> Jamie
>> "jamie" <kokopelli2305@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Ok I have two problems.
>>>
>>> 1. I have two accounts setup to use MSN Bill Pay and I want to add a new
>>> account to this service and I don't remember how to do this and have
>>> searched all over and can't find the anwser.  I have added the account
>>> online in bill pay and confirmed it but can't get the EPAY option in the
>>> account in Money Plus
>>>
>>> 2. How do you modify an account's details once you use it to pay an
>>> online bill.  I have an account that I need to change the account number
>>> and it will not let me.  I have another that I can't change the address.
>>>
>>>    Here is what I do:
>>>    1. Start Money.
>>>    2. Open the Payee List.
>>>        . In Microsoft Money 2005 and later versions, click Banking, click
>>> Account Tools, click Categories & Payees, and then click Payees.
>>>        . In Microsoft Money 2004 and earlier versions, click Accounts &
>>> Bills, click Categories & Payees, and then click Payees.
>>>    3. Find the payee that is causing the failure and click Go To Payee.
>>>    4. Click Change Details and Payment Options.
>>>    5. Select Online Billing Details from the drop down menu, and then
>>> click OK.
>>>    6. Click the Address tab, and then change the account number, by
>>> removing all the dashes in the account number.
>>>    7. If you have a Funds Transfer tab and a Payee ID tab, make sure that
>>> you change the account number on these tabs also.
>>>    8. Click OK, and then click Done.
>>>
>>> Problem is on Step 5 when I click OK - NOTHING happens so I can't do
>>> anything except cancel.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/23/2008 2:29:12 PM
Cal,
When doing this it says:

You have no accounts to merge.

                                        Cancel

> In microsoft.public.money, jamie wrote:
>
>>These are the accounts.  Is this how I should do it or do I do it some
>>other
>>way?
>
> In Money Plus, click AccountList->MergeDuplicateAccounts to combine
> a new online account with an existing account.
>

>>  What is the recommended way when first adding a new account to get
>>these features working together?
>>
>>Combining Accounts in the Same Money File
>>To combine accounts in the same Money file, use the appropriate method for
>>your version of Money.
>>
>>In Money 2002 and later, click Copy to Account.
>>3. Double-click Account B to move the transaction.
>>4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 until all transactions from Account A have
>>been
>>moved to Account B.
>>Account A should now have no transactions.
>>
>>Jamie
>>
>>"jamie" <kokopelli2305@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Ok I now have two accounts showing up in money called:
>>> MSN Bill Pay Checking
>>> MSN Bill Pay Checking #2
>>>
>>> Could one of these be the account I'm looking for?  I also have another
>>> account that I have setup in bill pay.  If this is what these are how do
>>> link them to the actual accounts?
>>>
>>> Jamie
>>> "jamie" <kokopelli2305@hotmail.com> wrote in message

In microsoft.public.money, jamie wrote:

>Cal,
>When doing this it says:
>
>You have no accounts to merge.

Merge is to merge an account set up for online access with one that
is not. Apparently that is not the situation you are wanting to deal
with.

>                                        Cancel
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, jamie wrote:
>>
>>>These are the accounts.  Is this how I should do it or do I do it some
>>>other
>>>way?
>>
>> In Money Plus, click AccountList->MergeDuplicateAccounts to combine
>> a new online account with an existing account.
>>

>>>  What is the recommended way when first adding a new account to get
>>>these features working together?
>>>
>>>Combining Accounts in the Same Money File
>>>To combine accounts in the same Money file, use the appropriate method for
>>>your version of Money.
>>>
>>>In Money 2002 and later, click Copy to Account.
>>>3. Double-click Account B to move the transaction.
>>>4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 until all transactions from Account A have
>>>been
>>>moved to Account B.
>>>Account A should now have no transactions.
>>>
>>>Jamie
>>>
>>>"jamie" <kokopelli2305@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/24/2008 4:12:51 AM
I believe this is exactly what I want to do.

I was just relaying what happens when I do this.  I have 2 accounts.  But
they are setup TWICE in MONEY one as a Bill Pay account and one as a
standard money account.  I want bill pay options in my standard money
account so the only way I see to do this is to move (merge, copy) these to
the Bill Pay account and eliminate the standard account.

I was only letting you know what happened when I followed your instruction.
Please help.

> In microsoft.public.money, jamie wrote:
>
>>Cal,
>>When doing this it says:
>>
>>You have no accounts to merge.
>
> Merge is to merge an account set up for online access with one that
> is not. Apparently that is not the situation you are wanting to deal
> with.
>

>>                                        Cancel
>>
>>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

>>> In Money Plus, click AccountList->MergeDuplicateAccounts to combine
>>> a new online account with an existing account.

In microsoft.public.money, jamie wrote:

>I believe this is exactly what I want to do.
>
>I was just relaying what happens when I do this.  I have 2 accounts.  But
>they are setup TWICE in MONEY one as a Bill Pay account and one as a
>standard money account.  I want bill pay options in my standard money
>account so the only way I see to do this is to move (merge, copy) these to
>the Bill Pay account and eliminate the standard account.
>
>I was only letting you know what happened when I followed your instruction.
>Please help.f

I don't know about using a bill pay account.

Why not just Close the one you don't want if the transactions are
being duplicated?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/24/2008 4:55:06 PM
On Aug 24, 12:37=A0pm, "jamie" <kokopelli2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was just relaying what happens when I do this. =A0I have 2 accounts. =
=A0But
> they are setup TWICE in MONEY one as a Bill Pay account and one as a
> standard money account. =A0

Why not keep the accounts separate.  As bills are paid in Money
through the Bill Pay account,
your balance will go negative.  When these payments post to your bank
account you can
categorize each transaction as a transfer to the Bill Pay account.
This should balance the Bill Pay
account to zero each month.
0
johnbusc (409)
8/24/2008 7:34:44 PM
In microsoft.public.money, jamie wrote:

>I was just relaying what happens when I do this.  I have 2 accounts.  But
>they are setup TWICE in MONEY one as a Bill Pay account and one as a
>standard money account.  I want bill pay options in my standard money
>account so the only way I see to do this is to move (merge, copy) these to
>the Bill Pay account and eliminate the standard account.

See if this works for you:

Go to Manage Online Services and click MSN Bill Pay. Click the link
to Stop using MSN Bill Pay in Money. If you have any automatic
payments (Apay) set up, go to the Bills List and delete the bill
model that is left behind. Also delete all the extra MSN Bill Pay
accounts. Now go back through the MSN Bill Pay setup - clicking the
link to set up services back in the Manage Online Services page.
When you make the call where Money requests the information on what
accounts are available from MSN Bill Pay, you'll get a chance to
match the accounts with existing banking accounts. Make sure you
know the account numbers of the accounts that they should match -
and what those accounts are named in your Money file.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/24/2008 10:34:56 PM
Well I backed up my file before doing this.
When doing this and trying to setup my online services again it would not
allow me to use my id and password.  kept saying incorrect so I logged into
msn bill pay and changed password just to do it.
Still no go could not get money bill pay services added back into money so I
went back to my backup file and everything was back but the bill pay
password wouldn't work anymore.  Once I updated this to the newly modified
password it would reconnect to money.  So not sure if it is the username
that seems to be the problem in the above step or what but was sweating it
big time.

So now not sure what to do.

> In microsoft.public.money, jamie wrote:
>

>>I was just relaying what happens when I do this.  I have 2 accounts.  But
>>they are setup TWICE in MONEY one as a Bill Pay account and one as a
>>standard money account.  I want bill pay options in my standard money
>>account so the only way I see to do this is to move (merge, copy) these to
>>the Bill Pay account and eliminate the standard account.
>

> See if this works for you:
>
> Go to Manage Online Services and click MSN Bill Pay. Click the link
> to Stop using MSN Bill Pay in Money. If you have any automatic
> payments (Apay) set up, go to the Bills List and delete the bill
> model that is left behind. Also delete all the extra MSN Bill Pay
> accounts. Now go back through the MSN Bill Pay setup - clicking the
> link to set up services back in the Manage Online Services page.
> When you make the call where Money requests the information on what
> accounts are available from MSN Bill Pay, you'll get a chance to
> match the accounts with existing banking accounts. Make sure you
> know the account numbers of the accounts that they should match -
> and what those accounts are named in your Money file.

Is there a way to possilby remove the account in bill pay and re add it so
it will want to Merge?  Is there something I need to make sure is the same
before doing this so that it will Merge?

Jamie

> Well I backed up my file before doing this.
> When doing this and trying to setup my online services again it would not
> allow me to use my id and password.  kept saying incorrect so I logged
> into msn bill pay and changed password just to do it.
> Still no go could not get money bill pay services added back into money so
> I went back to my backup file and everything was back but the bill pay
> password wouldn't work anymore.  Once I updated this to the newly modified
> password it would reconnect to money.  So not sure if it is the username
> that seems to be the problem in the above step or what but was sweating it
> big time.
>
> So now not sure what to do.
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, jamie wrote:
>>

>>>I was just relaying what happens when I do this.  I have 2 accounts.  But
>>>they are setup TWICE in MONEY one as a Bill Pay account and one as a
>>>standard money account.  I want bill pay options in my standard money
>>>account so the only way I see to do this is to move (merge, copy) these
>>>the Bill Pay account and eliminate the standard account.
>>

>> See if this works for you:
>>
>> Go to Manage Online Services and click MSN Bill Pay. Click the link
>> to Stop using MSN Bill Pay in Money. If you have any automatic
>> payments (Apay) set up, go to the Bills List and delete the bill
>> model that is left behind. Also delete all the extra MSN Bill Pay
>> accounts. Now go back through the MSN Bill Pay setup - clicking the
>> link to set up services back in the Manage Online Services page.
>> When you make the call where Money requests the information on what
>> accounts are available from MSN Bill Pay, you'll get a chance to
>> match the accounts with existing banking accounts. Make sure you
>> know the account numbers of the accounts that they should match -
>> and what those accounts are named in your Money file.

Ok finally got this fixed and it was resolved by removing the services and
readding the bill pay services back in.  Cal was correct in that you needed
your microsoft ID and not use the username you use to get into bill pay.
Password is the same but username is not.  See below:

"Your problem in getting the right User ID / Password to set the
accounts back up may be that you used the Web User ID. This is
usually different from the 2-way OFX User ID. Since you restored a
backup that is still active, you should go to the "Read Call Summary
Messages" page. On the left is a link to "Manage your passwords". It
will show the User IDs that are currently in use. MSN Bill Pay User
IDs are usually the SSAN plus some digits. "

"jamie" <kokopelli2305@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well I backed up my file before doing this.
> When doing this and trying to setup my online services again it would not
> allow me to use my id and password.  kept saying incorrect so I logged
> into msn bill pay and changed password just to do it.
> Still no go could not get money bill pay services added back into money so
> I went back to my backup file and everything was back but the bill pay
> password wouldn't work anymore.  Once I updated this to the newly modified
> password it would reconnect to money.  So not sure if it is the username
> that seems to be the problem in the above step or what but was sweating it
> big time.
>
> So now not sure what to do.
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, jamie wrote:
>>

>>>I was just relaying what happens when I do this.  I have 2 accounts.  But
>>>they are setup TWICE in MONEY one as a Bill Pay account and one as a
>>>standard money account.  I want bill pay options in my standard money
>>>account so the only way I see to do this is to move (merge, copy) these
>>>the Bill Pay account and eliminate the standard account.
>>

>> See if this works for you:
>>
>> Go to Manage Online Services and click MSN Bill Pay. Click the link
>> to Stop using MSN Bill Pay in Money. If you have any automatic
>> payments (Apay) set up, go to the Bills List and delete the bill
>> model that is left behind. Also delete all the extra MSN Bill Pay
>> accounts. Now go back through the MSN Bill Pay setup - clicking the
>> link to set up services back in the Manage Online Services page.
>> When you make the call where Money requests the information on what
>> accounts are available from MSN Bill Pay, you'll get a chance to
>> match the accounts with existing banking accounts. Make sure you
>> know the account numbers of the accounts that they should match -
>> and what those accounts are named in your Money file.

Can we create custom SSRS reports for CRM Online using Visual Stud
Can we use Visual Studio (or SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio) to create custom reports that can be uploaded to a CRM Online deployment, or even download standard reports and modify them? I don't know how that would work because I don't know if we would have access to the SQL Server database. Hi Michael, you can add new reports into CRM Online - as when you add Reports into any Microsoft CRM Deployment, the upload rountine replaces the Connection Details in the Report with the correct ones for the CRM Deployment you are uploading into. However whilst you can...

Money 2007 Deluxe and Vista (Beta 2)
After having significant problems trying to get Money 2006 to run properly in Vista, I decided to upgrade to 2007 yesterday. Now I can't get the install program to run. After a successful download, the installer fires off and imediately returns the message: "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please re-install it." I'm sure that the hard drive is fine and there isn't a virus. Any suggestions? I saw elsewhere a suggestion to try XP SP2 compatibility mode. That doesn't seem to work either. Thanks! TC I...

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Money 2005 #44
I have been using Money 2005 Standard for quite sometime and now all of a sudden when I open my program it has a different type of signon. It has a signon for a MSN PASSPORT. The only thing I have under passport is my Hotmail. How do I get rid of this? I know it has something to do with synchronizing to Money on the web. But I do not want this, I only want to be able to use Money 2005 ONLY one my computer!!! In microsoft.public.money, Bill M wrote: >I have been using Money 2005 Standard for quite sometime and now all of a >sudden when I open my program it has a different typ...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Budget question
All, I have a question. I am struggling setting up the budget for my income. Problem is that we get salary increases in Mid year, and Money 2006 is reporting the paychecks trough the year (it will be nice, but) Any idea how to setup the budget when Paycheck 1 is till may, and Paycheck 2 starts in June? I tried putting end payment for the paycheck 1 and starting second one next month, but it didn't work. It was still reporting 2 incomes. AJ "AJ" <travolta@alextec.com> wrote in message news:OFuxT4cHGHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > All, > > I have a questio...

Macro Help

Money 2005 Autobudget
Money 2005 start atomaticaly the function "autobudget" and i can't cancel this option. I've tried to clear using the option "enter values from atuobudget" and after in "clear all", but that not function and always when i came back the same boxes were marked. -- Tanks, Ferraz. Autobudget recalculates every time, so the boxes are checked each time you run. The data is only entered into Money if you ask it to. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To s...

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

Money 2004 Deluxe/Recording Spin-Off
Hello, Can anyone tell me what is the best way to record a spin- off, i.e. MerckMedcoHealth from Merck? Many thanks, Jim In microsoft.public.money, Jim Hammond wrote: >Hello, > >Can anyone tell me what is the best way to record a spin- >off, i.e. MerckMedcoHealth from Merck? > >Many thanks, > Go to the Merck investment details and choose "Record a spinoff" on the left. The details as to how much basis should be allocated to each is available on the web. >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Jim Hammond wrote: > >>Hello, &...

bcc help

Money Updates:
In the last week, when I log on to Money (2001), I get the following error nessage: Money Updates: An error was encountered while processing a downloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI') during SmartConnect. What does it mean and how can I correct the situation? In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: >In the last week, when I log on to Money (2001), I get >the following error nessage: > >Money Updates: >An error was encountered while processing a downloaded >file ('SMRTINET.INI') during SmartConnect. > >What does it mean and how can I correct the situation...

Rules Wizard Help