Help - Money 2004 configuration change

I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while
I'm away.

However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants
the Money CD, which is back at home.  Yes, I know I should have tried this
before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of
its docking station.

I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on
what might cause this and/or how to get around it.  I can't think of any
reason for something to be installed, but there must be something.

Thanks
TM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

What file(s) is it asking for?
Have you tried downloading the Money 2004 trial version and extracting the
files?  What you need may well be there.

Andrew.

"Treadmill" <treadmill23nospam@email.com> wrote in message
> I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while
> I'm away.
>
> However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants
> the Money CD, which is back at home.  Yes, I know I should have tried this
> before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of
> its docking station.
>
> I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on
> what might cause this and/or how to get around it.  I can't think of any
> reason for something to be installed, but there must be something.
>
> Thanks
> TM

0
asclark (29)
6/4/2004 1:10:04 PM
What file(s) is it asking for?
Have you tried downloading the Money 2004 trial version and extracting the
files?  What you need may well be there.

Andrew.

"Treadmill" <treadmill23nospam@email.com> wrote in message
> I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while
> I'm away.
>
> However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants
> the Money CD, which is back at home.  Yes, I know I should have tried this
> before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of
> its docking station.
>
> I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on
> what might cause this and/or how to get around it.  I can't think of any
> reason for something to be installed, but there must be something.
>
> Thanks
> TM

0
asclark (29)
6/4/2004 1:10:52 PM
It doesn't tell me what file its looking for.  However D/L'ing the trial
version sounds like a good idea - I'll give that a go and thanks for the
suggstion.

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:10:52 +0200, Andrew S. Clark wrote:

> What file(s) is it asking for?
> Have you tried downloading the Money 2004 trial version and extracting the
> files?  What you need may well be there.
>
> Andrew.
>
> "Treadmill" <treadmill23nospam@email.com> wrote in message
>> I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while
>> I'm away.
>>
>> However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants
>> the Money CD, which is back at home.  Yes, I know I should have tried this
>> before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of
>> its docking station.
>>
>> I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on
>> what might cause this and/or how to get around it.  I can't think of any
>> reason for something to be installed, but there must be something.
>>
>> Thanks
>> TM

sumifs help

Help !

how can I get a cell to change color by date to indicate expiery t
I'm trying to get the cell color to change from green to yellow to red as a date entered in the cell gets closer to that date plus 12 months or 36 months. ie some task was completed on 1 Jan 08 and will last for 24 months so I want the cell to read green if the date is still good turn yellow a month or 2 before it expires and turn red and clear the date if expired. So if the cell is empty it should show red. But I want to be able to update the date the task was completed ie it was completed again on the 15 Dec 10 before it expired so I want the countdown to expiration to restart f...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Is there a way to change the return value for and ON_CONTROL() handler to return 0
I have a message map that is using the ON_CONTROL() handler. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a ON_CONTROL_EX() or something like that that allows me to control the return value. I am handling a notification and I am doing some processing, but I need to be able to return a 0 from my handler. Without getting into using a switch statement and a ON_COMMAND() handler, is there a way to do this? Is there some function I can call within my message handler that would set the return value? -- Thanks, Bruce Who is going to see the return code? AliR. "Bruce" <...

Macro Help

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

Comma Style format, default change
I'd like to change my comma for numbers: 1,000.00 to be 1,000 I can change the style in the toolbar icon (modify), but that only works for the current file. when i open another spreadsheet the toolbar icon puts to two zeros back into the right of the decimal point. HOW CAN I PERM. CHANGE THE COMMA STYLE ICON? DAVE You can change it for any new workbooks that are based on a template. Create new workbook with that style. Then save it in your XLStart folder (location varies with versions of windows & excel). Now each workbook you create new will use that as the default. You co...

IF OR help
I have entered the formula =IF(OR(D5="K",D5<=4,M32<=95),"INELIGIBLE"," ") I am trying to get a result that will display INELIGIBLE when the value in D5 is K,1,2,3,4 OR the value in M32 is less than 96. with this formula I now get INELIGIBLE when D5 is blank. I would like cell to be blank unless one of the specific conditions is met. If either D5 or M32 is blank, I would like this cell to also be blank M32 contains a formula that returns a blank cell unless data is entered elsewhere in the workbook Thanks for all the help -- dbconn...

Drop Down Menu Help #2
Leave a blank row? How would I do that? For the drop down, I use th validation function, and it lets you list what you put in to the dro down and you have to separate it by commas. a,b,c,d, ect. How would do what you are suggesting -- mcr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27475 Then you follow Debra's suggestion. I took for granted that you were using a list contained in a named range, where ...

How to Enable Print on Both Side(Duplex) on Windows 2004
Hi, When seen on the Print options for the Printer added on Windows 2004 I am not finding the "Print on Both Sides (Duplex) option...Can any one let me know...how to enable this option on Windows 2004..I know there is such option for Windowx XP...But dont know how to do this for wn2K4 ...