Help Money 2004 #2

My computer came with Money 2002. I initiated it, but
screwed it up. Balances and accounts are incorrect.
Unable to un-associate a set-up account with correct
brokerage account. I've tried various methods for over a
month and un-installed and re-installed Money 4-5 times
without success. I downloaded trial version of Money
2004. Installation appeared to go correctly. Upon first
opening of 2004, it required on-line sign on. Upon
signing on all the old incorrect accounts balances and
details of investments are carried over to 2004. I have
attempted to call every Microsoft number I can find to
simply ask if this was a correctable error. No they
cannot tell me until I buy the 2004 version. Well, I am
not going to buy it if I can't make it work. What now.
0
anonymous (74722)
4/29/2004 10:50:13 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Clarification... Before downloading and installing the
trial version 2004, I un-installed 2002 and all
associated files.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/29/2004 11:11:41 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Gene wrote:

>My computer came with Money 2002. I initiated it, but
>screwed it up. Balances and accounts are incorrect.
>Unable to un-associate a set-up account with correct
>brokerage account.

You associate an account with a given brokerage in the account
details. Is that the essence of your problem-- you want to associate
an account with a different broker? Or that you want to set up that
account for online access?

> I've tried various methods for over a
>month and un-installed and re-installed Money 4-5 times
>without success. I downloaded trial version of Money
>2004. Installation appeared to go correctly. Upon first
>opening of 2004, it required on-line sign on.

Money may have been rather insistent, but it did not *require*
online sign on.

> Upon
>signing on all the old incorrect accounts balances and
>details of investments are carried over to 2004.

I think that you are saying that your old account information was
preserved.

What would you like to have happened differently?

> I have
>attempted to call every Microsoft number I can find to
>simply ask if this was a correctable error. No they
>cannot tell me until I buy the 2004 version. Well, I am
>not going to buy it if I can't make it work. What now.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/29/2004 11:33:19 PM
You can  always do "File > New" to start over!

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com.

"Gene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer came with Money 2002. I initiated it, but
> screwed it up. Balances and accounts are incorrect.
> Unable to un-associate a set-up account with correct
> brokerage account. I've tried various methods for over a
> month and un-installed and re-installed Money 4-5 times
> without success. I downloaded trial version of Money
> 2004. Installation appeared to go correctly. Upon first
> opening of 2004, it required on-line sign on. Upon
> signing on all the old incorrect accounts balances and
> details of investments are carried over to 2004. I have
> attempted to call every Microsoft number I can find to
> simply ask if this was a correctable error. No they
> cannot tell me until I buy the 2004 version. Well, I am
> not going to buy it if I can't make it work. What now.

0
SPAM5796 (251)

Money 2007 Deluxe and Vista (Beta 2)
After having significant problems trying to get Money 2006 to run properly in Vista, I decided to upgrade to 2007 yesterday. Now I can't get the install program to run. After a successful download, the installer fires off and imediately returns the message: "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please re-install it." I'm sure that the hard drive is fine and there isn't a virus. Any suggestions? I saw elsewhere a suggestion to try XP SP2 compatibility mode. That doesn't seem to work either. Thanks! TC I...

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

sequence numbers #2
how i can put sequence number after applying filter. if anyone can help me on this matter, i'll be very thankful. If your list begins in cell A1.... Insert a column and put SEQ in the "new" cell A1. Then put this formula in Cell A2 and copy down: =SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2) Now filter your list. That formula will count the number of non-blank, visible cells. Note the dollar sign in the formula. Cell A3 will count the non-blank, visible cells from A2:A3. Cell A5 will count them from A2:A5, etc. Does that help? -- Regards, Ron "Ashley" wrote: > how i can put se...

Money 2005 #44
I have been using Money 2005 Standard for quite sometime and now all of a sudden when I open my program it has a different type of signon. It has a signon for a MSN PASSPORT. The only thing I have under passport is my Hotmail. How do I get rid of this? I know it has something to do with synchronizing to Money on the web. But I do not want this, I only want to be able to use Money 2005 ONLY one my computer!!! In microsoft.public.money, Bill M wrote: >I have been using Money 2005 Standard for quite sometime and now all of a >sudden when I open my program it has a different typ...

exch 5.5 help

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Budget question
All, I have a question. I am struggling setting up the budget for my income. Problem is that we get salary increases in Mid year, and Money 2006 is reporting the paychecks trough the year (it will be nice, but) Any idea how to setup the budget when Paycheck 1 is till may, and Paycheck 2 starts in June? I tried putting end payment for the paycheck 1 and starting second one next month, but it didn't work. It was still reporting 2 incomes. AJ "AJ" <travolta@alextec.com> wrote in message news:OFuxT4cHGHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > All, > > I have a questio...

Macro Help

Money 2005 Autobudget
Money 2005 start atomaticaly the function "autobudget" and i can't cancel this option. I've tried to clear using the option "enter values from atuobudget" and after in "clear all", but that not function and always when i came back the same boxes were marked. -- Tanks, Ferraz. Autobudget recalculates every time, so the boxes are checked each time you run. The data is only entered into Money if you ask it to. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To s...

#REF #2
I am using Excell 2002 at the office. I have a problem viewing a spreadsheet that a coworker sent me, which she prepared in Excell 2000. Some of the cells display #REF, instead of the formula value. Any ideas on how to resolve this would beappreciated. Thanks. Barry You may be missing an add-in such as the Analysis ToolPak Navigate: Tools,Addin "Barry" wrote: > I am using Excell 2002 at the office. I have a problem viewing a spreadsheet > that a coworker sent me, which she prepared in Excell 2000. Some of the > cells display #REF, instead of the formula valu...

Reg hiding such parameters in the properties of the mail #2
hi , I am using the outlook 2003 client for sending the email. when it reaches the destination end, the destined user is easily identifying the parameters like, from where the mail is coming like, public ip, machine name, and local ip address of the system which the mail is originated.. so i do not want to publisize such parameters to the outside world.. so how would i adjust the oulook such a way it should not take such parameters while sending the emails. i shal be thankfull if u help me on this! thanks in advance rizwan <rizwan_mk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#8ikqBqv...

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

Money 2004 Deluxe/Recording Spin-Off
Hello, Can anyone tell me what is the best way to record a spin- off, i.e. MerckMedcoHealth from Merck? Many thanks, Jim In microsoft.public.money, Jim Hammond wrote: >Hello, > >Can anyone tell me what is the best way to record a spin- >off, i.e. MerckMedcoHealth from Merck? > >Many thanks, > Go to the Merck investment details and choose "Record a spinoff" on the left. The details as to how much basis should be allocated to each is available on the web. >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Jim Hammond wrote: > >>Hello, &...

Sort Macro #2
I recorded this macro to sort a list according to a custom list. The problem I have is that it does not sort on another users Excel because they don't have the same customs list. Is there a way round this problem? Sub Macro1() Columns("N:N").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("N1"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=12, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormal End Sub Hi! Application.AddCustomList ListArray:=Range("A1:A10") will add a custo list to a workbook using a range y...