help !!! lost floppy 2 / 2 of my back up file

I still have floppy number 1 and it's fine,
Is there a way I can recover at least the data on that floppy?

On doing the restore, after finishing floppy 1, asks for floppy 2, but i
don't have any and it aborts the restore process.

Any idea, what can i do?
0
Fife1 (2)
11/5/2004 5:04:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Fife wrote:

>I still have floppy number 1 and it's fine,
>Is there a way I can recover at least the data on that floppy?

No.

>On doing the restore, after finishing floppy 1, asks for floppy 2, but i
>don't have any and it aborts the restore process.
>
>Any idea, what can i do?

First, write-protect both floppies with the little slider.  Do not
consider solutions that want to make modifications directly to the
bad diskette.

I would copy each file from the backup floppies to the same
directory/folder.  This will give you an extra backup of the good
floppy separate any problems of reading the floppy media from some
other potential problem.

The files will be named *d1.mbf, *d2.mbf.

Presumably you will fail when you try to copy the *d2.mbf file.

You can try reading that file to the hard drive of another computer
or two.  Sometimes drive-to-drive variations will let a different
machine read it.

Otherwise I would seek out a disk recovery service or program, with
the service probably having the higher likelihood of success.  I
don't know who is good or not, however.

Here are some searches that will give some info, but I don't have
knowledge of the products.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=diskette.recovery

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=floppy+recovery.service

In the future, I would suggest you get a couple USB flash drives,
and alternate their use.  Actually using a single drive will still
be a lot more reliable than floppies, but, as you realize, this is
important data.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

sumifs help

Practice Files
Hi. I just purchased a used copy of "Step by Step Microsoft Excel 97 Visual Basic" by Reed Jacobson. Unfortunately, the practice files seem to be corupt on the accompanying CD. Does anyone have access to these file that they might send to me or know where I can download them? Thanks, Mike. mdemos@REMOVETHISattglobal.net ...

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

sequence numbers #2
how i can put sequence number after applying filter. if anyone can help me on this matter, i'll be very thankful. If your list begins in cell A1.... Insert a column and put SEQ in the "new" cell A1. Then put this formula in Cell A2 and copy down: =SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2) Now filter your list. That formula will count the number of non-blank, visible cells. Note the dollar sign in the formula. Cell A3 will count the non-blank, visible cells from A2:A3. Cell A5 will count them from A2:A5, etc. Does that help? -- Regards, Ron "Ashley" wrote: > how i can put se...

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

exch 5.5 help

Can't load old .PST files
I have Microsoft Outlook 2000 and have saved my .PST files before reformating. After installing Outlook 2000, I tried to get all my mail/calendar/contacts back by using the .PST files I had saved but it doesn't work. I have a file named outlook.pst and one caled archive.pst. How can I use them? If trying to 'read' frm a cd you cannot OL requires read/write access. Copy frm cd to hd, ensure read only flag is off, then in OL File/Open/Personal Folders.... browse to location David "Louise" <pou@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:064201c36b45$9136f7c0$a101280a@p...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

#REF #2
I am using Excell 2002 at the office. I have a problem viewing a spreadsheet that a coworker sent me, which she prepared in Excell 2000. Some of the cells display #REF, instead of the formula value. Any ideas on how to resolve this would beappreciated. Thanks. Barry You may be missing an add-in such as the Analysis ToolPak Navigate: Tools,Addin "Barry" wrote: > I am using Excell 2002 at the office. I have a problem viewing a spreadsheet > that a coworker sent me, which she prepared in Excell 2000. Some of the > cells display #REF, instead of the formula valu...

Reg hiding such parameters in the properties of the mail #2
hi , I am using the outlook 2003 client for sending the email. when it reaches the destination end, the destined user is easily identifying the parameters like, from where the mail is coming like, public ip, machine name, and local ip address of the system which the mail is originated.. so i do not want to publisize such parameters to the outside world.. so how would i adjust the oulook such a way it should not take such parameters while sending the emails. i shal be thankfull if u help me on this! thanks in advance rizwan <rizwan_mk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#8ikqBqv...

Backing up server in another forest (with trust)
I have DPM 2007 with Service Pack1. I am trying to backup data from a server that is in a domain in a different forest from the one that holds the DPM server. ForestA.com - has DPM-01 server as a member of the root domain ForestB.com - has the server FS-01 to be backed up as a member of the root domain. All servers on the network are Windows Server 2008. There is a trust relationship between the two forests. The good news is that we got the backups to work, however the problem is that they fail after a while and we get an "access denied" error from the DPMRA s...

help me #2

Picklist values #2
Is there a way to display a chosen picklist value from the lead entity in the account entity when the lead is converted to an account? I don't want to have to maintain two picklists just to view the value after the lead is converted. You can get only value through mapping and mapping betweent two field require some validation like both field should have same datatype so if you want to get this value you have to create same picklist in account and then you can set mapping for the same "Wendy" wrote: > Is there a way to display a chosen picklist value from the lead ent...

Opening a file with a Macro
To open files with a macro, I am currently using: Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\file_path.xls" How can I use a variable as part of the file path? In other words, before I try to open the file in my VBA code I will set a variable (let's call it date_extension). Then I want to open a file that I know will exist with a file path whose final characters before the .xls will be the date_extension. How can I get the file path to be recognized with the variable? Thanks for your help (P.S. I am a total novice, so I may not be familiar with commands or procedures that are fair...

Looking for control to browse files
Hi, I am pretty new to and unexperienced with access (2007 is the one I amworking with) I have made a database (of 1 table) to record registered mail and such. I have added a hyperlink field which contains the link to a specific transmittal document showing the contents of the mail item. I have added it to the form and it works fine. If I click on the link it opens the (Word) transmittal file). So far so good. What I want is a control that lets me browse for the transmittal file, something like a simple Open dialog Can someone point me to the right documentation, please ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated