help! can't get money 2005 to import my money 2001 file

i bought a new computer and was using money 2001 - i have 4 years worth of
data. i transferred the file to my new computer with money 2005 and it'll
"convert" the file, but i can't see where the data is displayed. it says i
have no accounts created...???? where is my data?

is 2005 so different that i can't even FIND my data? please help- i have no
idea what my bank balance is...
0
tally (1)
7/6/2005 11:58:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

File>Open. Find old file. It will make a copy as MXX, where XX is the
version number (08? don't remember), then convert the original to the new
version. If it looks like it started, give it a lot of time. It's not
instant.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

"steve in tally" <steve in tally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i bought a new computer and was using money 2001 - i have 4 years worth of
> data. i transferred the file to my new computer with money 2005 and it'll
> "convert" the file, but i can't see where the data is displayed. it says i
> have no accounts created...???? where is my data?
>
> is 2005 so different that i can't even FIND my data? please help- i have
> no
> idea what my bank balance is...

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
7/7/2005 2:09:00 AM
i can find these copies with windows explorer, but the new money program
won't open any of them. all i can see is the front page of money - no data or
account names. what am i missing? thanks

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> File>Open. Find old file. It will make a copy as MXX, where XX is the
> version number (08? don't remember), then convert the original to the new
> version. If it looks like it started, give it a lot of time. It's not
> instant.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL
>
> "steve in tally" <steve in tally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i bought a new computer and was using money 2001 - i have 4 years worth of
> > data. i transferred the file to my new computer with money 2005 and it'll
> > "convert" the file, but i can't see where the data is displayed. it says i
> > have no accounts created...???? where is my data?
> >
> > is 2005 so different that i can't even FIND my data? please help- i have
> > no
> > idea what my bank balance is...

Are your 2001 and 2005 programs both the same region? That is both US or
both International.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"steve in tally" <steve in tally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i bought a new computer and was using money 2001 - i have 4 years worth of
> data. i transferred the file to my new computer with money 2005 and it'll
> "convert" the file, but i can't see where the data is displayed. it says i
> have no accounts created...???? where is my data?
>
> is 2005 so different that i can't even FIND my data? please help- i have
> no
> idea what my bank balance is...

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)

sumifs help

Practice Files
Hi. I just purchased a used copy of "Step by Step Microsoft Excel 97 Visual Basic" by Reed Jacobson. Unfortunately, the practice files seem to be corupt on the accompanying CD. Does anyone have access to these file that they might send to me or know where I can download them? Thanks, Mike. mdemos@REMOVETHISattglobal.net ...

Help !

Help with this thing

how can I get a cell to change color by date to indicate expiery t
I'm trying to get the cell color to change from green to yellow to red as a date entered in the cell gets closer to that date plus 12 months or 36 months. ie some task was completed on 1 Jan 08 and will last for 24 months so I want the cell to read green if the date is still good turn yellow a month or 2 before it expires and turn red and clear the date if expired. So if the cell is empty it should show red. But I want to be able to update the date the task was completed ie it was completed again on the 15 Dec 10 before it expired so I want the countdown to expiration to restart f...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

BCM History Import?
I was SO hoping that the 4.0 DM wizard would handle Business Contact manager history, but no such luck. Guess I'll have to create my own data map. Has anyone done this? (and would be willing to share?) -- Thanx Grizz GrizzlyTech: I've spent way too much time redoing the maps for linking Accounts and Contacts together for importing BCM 2007 data into CRM Live. The problem with history is not being able to export it to .CSV and then linking it to the correct contact and/or account. Do you know of a way? Thanks, Lon ___________________________________________________________ L...

Money 2005 #44
I have been using Money 2005 Standard for quite sometime and now all of a sudden when I open my program it has a different type of signon. It has a signon for a MSN PASSPORT. The only thing I have under passport is my Hotmail. How do I get rid of this? I know it has something to do with synchronizing to Money on the web. But I do not want this, I only want to be able to use Money 2005 ONLY one my computer!!! In microsoft.public.money, Bill M wrote: >I have been using Money 2005 Standard for quite sometime and now all of a >sudden when I open my program it has a different typ...

exch 5.5 help

Can't load old .PST files
I have Microsoft Outlook 2000 and have saved my .PST files before reformating. After installing Outlook 2000, I tried to get all my mail/calendar/contacts back by using the .PST files I had saved but it doesn't work. I have a file named outlook.pst and one caled archive.pst. How can I use them? If trying to 'read' frm a cd you cannot OL requires read/write access. Copy frm cd to hd, ensure read only flag is off, then in OL File/Open/Personal Folders.... browse to location David "Louise" <pou@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:064201c36b45$9136f7c0$a101280a@p...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Budget question
All, I have a question. I am struggling setting up the budget for my income. Problem is that we get salary increases in Mid year, and Money 2006 is reporting the paychecks trough the year (it will be nice, but) Any idea how to setup the budget when Paycheck 1 is till may, and Paycheck 2 starts in June? I tried putting end payment for the paycheck 1 and starting second one next month, but it didn't work. It was still reporting 2 incomes. AJ "AJ" <travolta@alextec.com> wrote in message news:OFuxT4cHGHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > All, > > I have a questio...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

Money 2005 Autobudget
Money 2005 start atomaticaly the function "autobudget" and i can't cancel this option. I've tried to clear using the option "enter values from atuobudget" and after in "clear all", but that not function and always when i came back the same boxes were marked. -- Tanks, Ferraz. Autobudget recalculates every time, so the boxes are checked each time you run. The data is only entered into Money if you ask it to. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To s...

help me #2

Looking for control to browse files
Hi, I am pretty new to and unexperienced with access (2007 is the one I amworking with) I have made a database (of 1 table) to record registered mail and such. I have added a hyperlink field which contains the link to a specific transmittal document showing the contents of the mail item. I have added it to the form and it works fine. If I click on the link it opens the (Word) transmittal file). So far so good. What I want is a control that lets me browse for the transmittal file, something like a simple Open dialog Can someone point me to the right documentation, please ...

Opening a file with a Macro
To open files with a macro, I am currently using: Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\file_path.xls" How can I use a variable as part of the file path? In other words, before I try to open the file in my VBA code I will set a variable (let's call it date_extension). Then I want to open a file that I know will exist with a file path whose final characters before the .xls will be the date_extension. How can I get the file path to be recognized with the variable? Thanks for your help (P.S. I am a total novice, so I may not be familiar with commands or procedures that are fair...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

Money 2004 Deluxe/Recording Spin-Off
Hello, Can anyone tell me what is the best way to record a spin- off, i.e. MerckMedcoHealth from Merck? Many thanks, Jim In microsoft.public.money, Jim Hammond wrote: >Hello, > >Can anyone tell me what is the best way to record a spin- >off, i.e. MerckMedcoHealth from Merck? > >Many thanks, > Go to the Merck investment details and choose "Record a spinoff" on the left. The details as to how much basis should be allocated to each is available on the web. >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Jim Hammond wrote: > >>Hello, &...